Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Awesome news Barbara, so glad that Lee Byung Hun finally received the coffee truck treat and support from the China fan club. What a great day for the fans, finally their wish coming true in the best way. I think it's the first time, too that the fans got to meet LBH at the filming set.. and to be able to chat & eat with him, just fantastic. And looking at BH's selfie, he's just so happy and very pleased as well.

Such great news indeed! Well done to the fans at the LBH China fan club! cuppa.gif

20190123ig1.jpg

Banner message translated by mistymorning~

Today, it is on honey chief! Wish a Daebak to Chiefs of Namsan

Cheers to the dashing Lee Byung Hun, all staffs and casts !

Written on the cap worn by BH ~ Chief Honey :blush:

20190123ig2.jpg

• Like 6

@2handsintertwined He probably wanted to 'forget' that dance routine but BH does it his way by confronting those moments and being positive. It's been known how some blogs posted the dancing clips in order to get antis & haters to leave mean comments about BH, which some actually did. But with him posting about it directly on his IG.. people can't say anything anymore because he's ok with it (that's what I personally understood by the action, others may have a different perception).. BH himself, indirectly mentioned he did embarrassing stunts for fans but he still do it anyways.. move on and continue to live on.

He did quite a lot of variety show appearances when he was much younger and less known, especially in the 90s. There're some old clips showing a bit of these shows but not many around, unlike these days as variety shows can be streamed & watched easily. Starting from  2000 onward, he doesn't appear on variety shows anymore as he's more focused into acting in movies. Mostly he'll do interviews as to promote his movies/dramas but the last (and only) variety show he did was Healing Camp in 2012/3.

ELBH has some HC compilations: Click 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 to check it out.

It would be great to see him in a variety or reality show but not sure his already-packed schedule would allow it even if he wanted to. He doesn't need to promote his movies too much these days but it's always nice to see him appear with fellow actors on tv interviews instead. I guess that is already as good as we get to see him on variety shows.mrs.jpg

• Like 5

1/25 Today's IG post: Byunghun back in his Eugene mode mrs.jpg

Can't recall the scene EC with really short haircut (first photo), BH must have started filming the drama with the shortest hairstyle for battle scenes and his hair grew longer as he went back to Joseon.

The 22-year challenge: 1996 vs 2018 salute.gif

Photos: @31_conachiyo_31

• Like 6

January 26, 2019

January Male Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for male advertisement models!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior, using big data collected from December 24, 2018 to January 25, 2019. The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of 50 male advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for January.

Spoiler

January Male Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Kang Daniel held onto his spot at the top of the list this month, scoring a brand reputation index of 2,335,423 for January. High-ranking phrases in his keyword analysis included “Instagram,” “fan cafe,” and “concert,” while his highest-ranking related terms included “cute,” “handsome,” and “cool.” The idol’s positivity-negativity analysis also revealed a score of 85.14 percent positive reactions.

Celebrity chef Baek Jong Won also maintained his position at second place, scoring a brand reputation index of 2,257,752 for the month.

Meanwhile, soccer star Son Heung Min shot up in the rankings to take third place this month, earning a total brand reputation index of 2,011,372 for January.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Kang Daniel
2. Baek Jong Won
3. Son Heung Min
4. Lee Seung Gi
5. Hyun Bin
6. Park Bo Gum
7. Lee Byung Hun
8. Park Ji Sung
9. Park Seo Joon
10. Jung Woo Sung
11. Yoo Jae Suk
12. Gong Yoo
13. Ha Jung Woo
14. Kim Min Jae
15. BTOB’s Yook Sungjae
16. Jun Hyun Moo
17. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
18. Lee Sang Min
19. Kim Jae Hwan
20. Lee Soon Jae
21. Won Bin
22. Jung Joon Ho
23. So Ji Sub
24. Yoo Seung Ho
25. Shin Dong Yup
26. Song Joong Ki
27. Park Sung Kwang
28. Yoo Yeon Seok
29. Ryu Seung Ryong
30. Ryu Jun Yeol

Source (1)

Photo: @Cap_Mreugene

cap_mreugene.jpg

• Like 5

th_note1.gif LBH-movie excerpts from full article at soompi mainsite

January 27, 2019

Epic Korean Blockbusters To Enjoy On Cold Winter Evenings

Source: Soompi by hgordon

There’s something about winter evenings that makes them perfect for the thrill of epic blockbuster movies: you’re in need of some excitement on your TV to chase away the winter cold. Luckily, Korean cinema has countless films that will quench your thirst for large-scale action and drama. We’re talking spectacular explosions, stylish sword fights, secret missions, and adventures of legendary proportions. So grab a comfy seat and some popcorn, and let one of these epic Korean blockbusters take you on a journey you won’t soon forget!

“Memories of the Sword”

With its magnificent landscapes and beautifully choreographed martial arts scenes, this tale of romance and betrayal is a visual masterpiece — the perfectly refreshing period film for a summer night. Seol Hee (Kim Go Eun) becomes a master swordswoman, and discovers that she is destined to avenge her parents’ death by killing not only one of the most powerful men in Goryeo (Lee Byung Hun) but also her own former teacher (Jeon Do Yeon).

Memories-of-the-Sword-e1533988493739.jpg

“The Good, The Bad, The Weird”

Korea’s take on the spaghetti Western, “The Good, The Bad, The Weird” is a rollicking spectacle from start to finish. A bounty hunter, a hitman, and a wacky thief all vie for the same treasure map in the middle of the desolate desert of Manchuria. Absurdities abound as The Good (Jung Woo Sung), The Bad (Lee Byung Hun), and The Weird (Song Kang Ho) hunt each other through wild chases, extravagant explosions, and classic Western shootouts, all the while being pursued by the Japanese Imperial Army and some Manchurian bandits. Nothing is off the table in this riotous film, and you’ll love every minute of it.

The-Good-The-Bad-The-Weird-e1534120247366.jpg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, peonie said:

January 29, 2019

Byung Hun-ssi with his stunt double.  

His caption is ,

There is a saying you'll look like someone whom you have liked for long time. Perhaps I should stop liking him.

#Not mirror #JungDooHong 

They are  photos of BH with martial art director Jung Doohong who also did stunt double for BH in his movies. They have been good friends for so long, JDH was the martial art director in BH's movie "Run away"(1995) and stunt in the movie "Kill the love"(1996). Very nice to see them having nice photo moments.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

th_lmfao.gif BH's caption is too funny.. and at first glance, it's really like looking at 'two Byunghuns'.. :P. Never seen the photos before, those GBW, RED2 and GIJoe2 pics are definitely a treat from BH. It's good to read that BH and Dir. JDH have been buddies for a long time, ever since his earlier movies and these days whenever Byunghun goes action-filming, Dir. JDH will likely be his personal stunt-double and trainer. It's no wonder their friendship lasts.. they do like (and look like) each other so much! :lol:

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the translation (made my day!) and @peonie, for the photo-highlight. :blush:

I Saw The Devil (2010)

istd_jdh.jpg

• Like 6

Maybe others have seen this photo & article which I just found belatedly. :huh: Thanks to fan-highlight on twitter.

From Monocle Magazine  Issue 114, volume 12 p.34

(June 2018, Writer: James Chambers)

LEE BYUNG-HUN: MR SUNSHINE
— South Korea

monocle114_3.jpg

Preface
When the crowds thin out, South Korea’s most in‑demand leading man likes to enjoy some downtime at his favourite restaurant.

Whether he’s appearing at a surprise cinema event or strolling the streets of Seoul, Lee Byung-hun is always mobbed by fans. The screaming scrum follows him everywhere so it’s little wonder that the South Korean actor likes to find a secluded spot when he dines out. “I try to eat at home but once or twice a week I go out and have dinner and drink some wine with my friends,” he says, seated in the back room of The Kitchen, an Italian restaurant in Gangnam-gu. It’s a relatively public space for one of the country’s most recognisable faces but the..

:sweatingbullets: Unfortunately the rest of the article isn't available for non-subscribers. Anyone knows how to go around.. about this?

• Like 5

January 29, 2019

Lee Byung-hun and Jung Doo-hong Are Nearly Twins

Source: Newsen via HanCinema.net

20190129_1.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-hun and actor and martial arts director Jung Doo-hong are close friends.

Lee Byung-hun posted pictures on his Instagram saying, "They say you start to look alike if you like one another. I shouldn't like him anymore. This is not a mirror. It's Jung Doo-hong".

In the picture, Lee Byung-hun stands shoulder to shoulder with Jung Doo-hong. They are wearing the same clothes and the same smiles. They look very much alike.

Meanwhile, Lee Byung-hun is currently filming the movie "Chiefs of Namsan".

20190129_2.jpg

Spoiler

20190129_3.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rubie said:

Maybe others have seen this photo & article which I just found belatedly. :huh: Thanks to fan-highlight on twitter.

From Monocle Magazine  Issue 114, volume 12 p.34

(June 2018, Writer: James Chambers)

LEE BYUNG-HUN: MR SUNSHINE
— South Korea

monocle114_3.jpg

Preface
When the crowds thin out, South Korea’s most in‑demand leading man likes to enjoy some downtime at his favourite restaurant.

Whether he’s appearing at a surprise cinema event or strolling the streets of Seoul, Lee Byung-hun is always mobbed by fans. The screaming scrum follows him everywhere so it’s little wonder that the South Korean actor likes to find a secluded spot when he dines out. “I try to eat at home but once or twice a week I go out and have dinner and drink some wine with my friends,” he says, seated in the back room of The Kitchen, an Italian restaurant in Gangnam-gu. It’s a relatively public space for one of the country’s most recognisable faces but the..

:sweatingbullets: Unfortunately the rest of the article isn't available for non-subscribers. Anyone knows how to go around.. about this?

Rubie, is this interview recent? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kansas424 said:

Rubie, is this interview recent? 

From the info at the magazine site, it's stated June 2018. Now I'm not sure if it's the correct reference as MR.SUNSHINE only started airing in July. Unless.. it's only released recently. It would be weird if none of the fans (particularly Japanese fans who are quite resourceful) realized this sooner if it had been around. Besides, it doesn't appear on any news alert or timeline. th_dontknow.gif

Maybe it's a recent article, the photo certainly is new. At least for me. ^_^

• Like 5

January 30, 2019

Byung Hun- ssi likes "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" which won the best Screenplay at the 2018 Venice International Film Festival.  The song "Shallow" of this movie has been nominated the Best Original Song by the 2019 Academy Awards.  

• Like 6