Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

On 11/27/2018 at 12:29 PM, rubie said:

th_coffee1.gif Photos: coffee_mrkim

Coffee and snack treats sent by Rubeurs to CHIEFS OF NAMSAN filming set on Monday, 11/26.

Byunghun posting his gratitude to Rubeurs. th_coffee1.gif Members of the official fanclub will be on cloud 9 today!

MJ also left a comment ~ thanks to @mistymorning for the translation

She wrote: (You are) trying to look cute! :P

201811281508781817_1.jpg
  • Like 4

That AAA was a pretty.. nope, a really really long ceremony. :mellow: It started so early in the afternoon going through the late evening albeit with a little break in the middle. But still, quite excruciating and perhaps, tiring to sit through? :sweatingbullets: At least the musicians would be performing but the actors.. :wacko: they have to wait and wait .. don't think BH is getting any break from filming, going to the event is already taking almost a day off. AAA sounds like the small battery size.. doubt any of the guests had any power left after sitting on that plastic chair for so long. :lol:

Photo: ᴇᴠᴇʀyᴛʜɪɴɢᴏᴇ @LauuwGood

• Like 5

• rubie changed the title to Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee :: Grand Prize at

November 28, 2018

Winners Of 2018 Asia Artist Awards

Source: Soompi by J. K

The 2018 Asia Artist Awards recognized some of the biggest stars in Korea’s entertainment industry!

The ceremony was held on the evening of November 28 in Seoul, with awards honoring the work of both actors and musicians in the past year.

The Daesangs (grand prizes) of the night went to BTS and Lee Byung Hun. BTS won five awards in total, while Lee Byung Hun and IU both took home four trophies.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Acting Category

StarPay Popularity Award: IU, EXO’s Sehun
Focus Award: Kim Yong Ji, Jin Joo Hyung, Shin Hyun Soo
Rising Star Award: ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo, Jung In Sun
New Wave Award: AOA’s Seolhyun
Favorite Award: Sung Hoon
Best Creator: Won Dong Yeon
Choice Award: Jasper Liu, Kwak Si Yang, B1A4’s Jinyoung
Asia Hot-tist Award: IU
Korean Tourism Appreciation Award: Lee Byung Hun
Asia Eco Creator: Park Hae Jin
Fabulous Award: Lee Byung Hun, Ha Jung Woo
Artist of the Year: Lee Sung Kyung, 2PM’s Junho, Ryu Jun Yeol, Jung Hae In, IU, Lee Seung Gi, Joo Ji Hoon, Yoo Yeon Seok, Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun
Rookie Award: Kim Da Mi, Jang Ki Yong
Best Icon: Choi Tae Joon, INFINITE’s L
Asia Brilliant Award: SHINee’s Minho, Lee Da Hee
Asia Trend: Jung Hae In, YoonA
Asia Celebrity: Suzy
Best Emotive: Jung Hae In, Junho, Lee Sung Kyung
Best Popular: Ryu Jun Yeol, Lee Seung Gi
Best Actor: Joo Ji Hoon, Yoo Yeon Seok, IU
Best Artist: Ha Jung Woo
Daesang: Lee Byung Hun

Congratulations to all the winners!

Source (1) (2)

November 29, 2018

Lee Byung Hun Wins Daesang For Actors At 2018 Asia Artist Awards

Source: Soompi by J. K

Lee Byung Hun Wins Daesang For Actors At 2018 Asia Artist Awards

Lee Byung Hun was given the highest award for actors at the 2018 Asia Artist Awards.

At the November 28 ceremony, the actor received four trophies in total, including the Daesang (grand prize) for actors, one of 10 Artist of the Year awards for actors, a Fabulous Award, and the Korean Tourism Appreciation Award.

When Lee Byung Hun accepted the Daesang, he stated, “While I watched the artists’ performances today during this long period of time, I thought to myself, ‘It must be tiring.’ I feel like I didn’t do anything at all and just received four awards.”

He went on to say, “This is the first time in my life that I’ve received this many awards, and I wonder if I deserve it.” He also congratulated his “Mr. Sunshine” co-star Yoo Yeon Seok on his awards, and shared the honor of his Daesang with his co-stars.

“I want to say thank you to my wife Lee Min Jung and our child,” he said. He also asked everyone to give their attention to Lee Min Jung’s upcoming drama “Fates and Furies.”

lee-byung-hun.jpg

The Daesang in the artists category at the 2018 Asia Artist Awards went to BTS. You can check out a full list of the night’s winners here.

Source (1)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 5

On 11/26/2018 at 3:57 PM, rubie said:

Sigh. It can't be helped when there are more sites & blogs where the most vocal dominated and opinionated hate culture rules. 

@kansas424

@rubie

I see your points, still it gets on my nerves, especially because I sense it was done on purpose, and I am referring to the article.  Anyway, I am happy they are getting a lot of support. When I first started reading about Korean entertainment industry, I came across the stories of Korean artists who took their life because of haters and I was really shocked. Still upsets my mind. It is something so much alien to my way of thinking, I could not believe it. And I confess I got worried for all this digging on old stories. But what you said gives me peace. Thank you.

• Like 4

On 11/24/2018 at 12:10 PM, rubie said:

November 23, 2018

Actors Lee Byung Hun, Lee Dong Wook, Go Soo to attend Melon Music Awards

Source: Newsen, thanks to mistymorning for the gist // soompi update

The 2018 Melon Music Awards will be held at Gocheok Sky Dome on December 1 at 7 p.m. KST and will air live via JTBC2, JTBC4, 1theK, Kakao TV, Daum etc.

Thanks to @mistymorning for the latest highlight at 10Asia

Lee Byung Hun will not attend the Melon Music Awards as his name is not included in the actors' guest final list. 

Spoiler

2018113008495332408-540x330.jpg

Source: JMsolution

20181101_14.jpg

• Like 4

November 30, 2018

Lee Byung-hun, BTS win at AAAs

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Actor Lee Byung-hun and boy band BTS were awarded the Grand Prize at the 2018 Asia

Artist Awards (AAAs), held on Wednesday at the Namdong Gymnasium in Incheon. Lee and the group also received the Appreciation Award by the Korea Tourism Organization for promoting Korean tourism abroad. 

The 2018 AAAs were hosted by media news outlet Star News. The annual ceremony honors K-pop acts and artists based on their popularity worldwide. This year, 27 K-pop acts and 28 actors attended the ceremony.

Actor Lee thanked his wife and his child while receiving the award, and he said that he would “strive to become an actor who keeps on moving forward.”

Meanwhile, BTS - who had also won the StarPay Popularity Award and the Fabulous Award - thanked their fans, known as ARMY, for the Great Prize. 

“We have realized how special the ARMY is to us over the past year,” they said. 

By Yeo Ye-rim

Clip: yoon_4926

November 29, 2018

Jin's reaction when meeting with Lee Byung-hun at the 2018 Asia Artist Awards Event has become a hot topic

by Yun Hui-Jeong  · Wikitree

Jin's reaction when meeting actor Lee Byung-hun at the stage of the 2018 Asia Artist Awards has become a hot topic.

"The 2018 Asia Artist Awards (AAA)" was held at the Namdong Gymnasium in Namdong-gu, Incheon on November 28. The winner of the Daesang prize was for BTS, and Daesang for the actor category by Lee Byung-hun.

After the award ceremony, BTS members stood in the middle of the stage to take pictures. When actor Lee Byung-hun appeared from the left side of the stage, BTS members greeted him by bowing their heads. After greeting him, Jimin directed Lee Byung-hun to the place where he had to stand. Jin who stood behind also greeted Lee Byung-hun but suddenly his face hit Jimin's shoulder.

After that, Jin who moved to the side of Lee Byung-hun bent 90 degrees after talking to him. Lee Byung-hun responded with a smile.

However, Jin continued to glance at Lee Byung-hun. After the photoshoot was finished, Jin was seen continuing to look at Lee Byung-hun's figure leaving the stage.

The video has got more than 90,000 likes as per November 29.

Spoiler

Published on December 6, 2018 by STARNEWS KOREA

Spoiler

• Like 3

Fun Topic Fan-appreciation:  

MR.SUNSHINE vs LEE BYUNG HUN mrs.jpg

1. Eugene's Music Box vs The Orgel, ALL IN (2003).

Spoiler

mrsun01_4.gif

allin_music.gif

2. Red pinwheel, EuShin's sniper code vs THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (2016).

Spoiler

mag7_mrs_pw.gif

3. Men with leather-gloved hand, Kyle Moore vs Ahn Sang Goo, INSIDE MEN (2015). 

Spoiler

im_mrs_hand.gif

4. Joseph's Matryoshka aka Russian Doll vs A BITTERSWEET LIFE (2005).

Spoiler

bsl_mrs_doll.gif

5. Sweetest shoe scene vs awkward moment in BUNGEE JUMPING OF THEIR OWN (2001).

Spoiler

bungee_mrs_shoes.gif

6. The elusive letter K vs A SINGLE RIDER (2017).

Spoiler

singlek.gif

7. EuShin message box vs K7 security box, IRIS (2009).

Spoiler

iris_mrs_box.gif

8. Eugene's street sword fight vs Storm Shadow's escape in GI JOE: RETALIATION (2013).

Spoiler

gijoe_mrs_sword.gif

9. The Fool, The Moron, The Loser Fanboys vs THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD (2008).

Spoiler

gbw_mrs_fml.gif

10. Running for happiness, on a bridge vs MASQUERADE (2012).

Spoiler

mas_mrs_run.gif

11. On bended knee, not quite the proposal vs the  goodbye in ONCE IN A SUMMER (2006).

Spoiler

mrs_oias_kneel.gif

12. Starting a new day in a new place, an American Military Captain vs a fresh graduate teacher, HARMONIUM IN MY MEMORY (1998).

Spoiler

himm_mrs_window.gif

13. Family photo: HAPPY TOGETHER (1999)

Suh Tae Poong is no Eugene Choi but they're both experts at 'cool'  posing with their beloved.th_character019.gif

ht_mrs_photo.gif

• Like 3

Like appa, like adle :lol: Like father, like son ~

mjbh18_22.jpg

Source: SBS, thanks to @mistymorning for the translation

During the press event of Lee Min Jung's new drama (Fate & Fury, starting December 1), the actress mentioned hubby, Lee Byung Hun. (Good thing that he decided to skip the MMA today.. the duration of AAA already covered 3 awards shows in a row.)

LMJ said because BH is filming a movie, and his schedule is different(relatively more time) so he is in charge of their son. And she's thankful for that. 

Spoiler

December 1, 2018

Lee Min Jung Explains Why She Chose “Fates And Furies” Role As Her Comeback Project

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

Lee Min Jung Explains Why She Chose âFates And Furiesâ Role As Her Comeback Project

Actress Lee Min Jung recently talked about why she was drawn to the role of Goo Hae Ra in “Fates and Furies” and how her son has impacted her acting.

Spoiler

“Fates and Furies” is a revenge-driven melodrama about one woman who loves a man in order to change her fate (Lee Min Jung), that man who loves her because he believes her to be his destiny (Joo Sang Wook), another woman who wants to win him back (So Yi Hyun), and another man who seeks revenge on that woman (Lee Ki Woo).

Lee Min Jung plays Goo Hae Ra, a woman in a desperate situation after her father passes away and her older sister attempts suicide. This is a heavier role than she has played in the past, having mostly stuck to light melodramas and romantic comedies throughout her career.

She said, “When I first read the script, it was exactly the kind of traditional drama that I wanted to do. I chose the project because it walked the line between melodrama and traditional drama. I did want to throw off some of the perceptions of me as a melodrama or romantic comedy actress, but I chose the project because it had the exact overall vibe that I was looking for.”

She added, “Goo Hae Ra is the kind of character who takes her fate into her own hands. When a female character cries, a male character will typically appear to help her. This is different. When Goo Hae Ra’s life falls apart, no one helps her. That’s why I worked to stay as faithful to the script as possible. There are a lot of scenes where you feel pity for Goo Hae Ra, and I wanted to act that out as skillfully as possible.”

Lee Min Jung’s last drama was 2016’s “Please Come Back, Mister.” A year before that, she gave birth to her first child.

She shared, “After my son was born, I’ve experienced a lot of emotions that I’d never known before. When there exists someone who is more precious to you than yourself, you experience a lot more emotions. I think that this changed not only my acting for this project but my entire life. I’m grateful to be able to experience such feelings.

She added, “I went from staying home all day to hardly ever being at home because of filming, so I can’t take good care of my son. But my husband is filming a movie and has more time than I do, so he’s pitching in more with childcare. I’m grateful.”

“Fates and Furies” premieres on December 1 and will be available on Viki.

Source (1)

Have a great weekend everyone! :blush:

• Like 6