Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Looks like BH is finally moving on from his Eugene mode and posting throwback pics. ^_^ Obviously he had been holding on to loads of photos to share with fans and now he has his own IG account to spoil us. Well.. keep them coming, keep them coming! :lol:

A sighting from CHIEFS OF NAMSAN filming posted on IG, on 11/11.

Photos: yi_hesper

Thanks to mistymorning for the translation of the description ~ filming started the front gate of old US legation. To take a scene where BH is getting in and out of gate, that many people and equipments were moved. They called for cooperation several days before the actual filming date. They said they'll give us premier tickets after all is done, hope it's not single ticket.. Please MediaCorp Kim Boojangnim, we have a lot of employees...including Daonnaru people.

• Like 4

November 23, 2018

Actors Lee Byung Hun, Lee Dong Wook, Go Soo to attend Melon Music Awards

Source: Newsen, thanks to mistymorning for the gist // soompi update

201811231723111910_1.jpg

The 2018 Melon Music Awards will be held at Gocheok Sky Dome on December 1 at 7 p.m. KST and will air live via JTBC2, JTBC4, 1theK, Kakao TV, Daum etc.

• Like 4

November 18, 2018

LEE MIN-JUNG TO REVEAL LIFE WITH LEE BYUNG-HUN IN UPCOMING EPISODE OF “MY LITTLE OLD BOY”

Source: KPOPLOVE

Lee Min-Jung plans to reveal what it’s like to live with A-list actor Lee Byung-Hun for the first time on national TV!

On November 18, SBS “My Little Old Boy” released a teaser for its upcoming episode, featuring actress Lee Min-Jung as a special guest. Because it’s a rare occasion that the actress shows herself in variety shows, the news gathered much attention from the public.

201811190849771162_5bf1fac55e2e9.jpg

Moreover, this is the first time Lee Min-Jung will openly talk about her married life with Lee Byung-Hun since their wedding in 2013. Since then, the two had done no promotions aside from dramas and films, and much curiosity had occurred regarding their lives as a couple.

With her first comeback drama in two years ahead, Lee Min-Jung decided to appear on the show. During the teaser, the actress also mentioned her 4-year old son Jun-Hoo. According to her, whenever Jun-Hoo is asked about his father, he replies “my father is Eugene Choi.” It was the name of Lee Byung-Hun’s character in tvN drama “Mr. Sunshine,” which recently ended with much praise from the public.

201811190849771162_5bf1fac5e661c.jpg

Furthermore, when Shin Dong-Yeop mentioned Lee Byung-Hun’s proposal at the wedding, Lee Min-Jung withdrew much laughter from others by saying, “it was so obvious. I knew it was going to happen.” At the end, the actress sent a special message to her husband and asked him to appear on the show himself and generated much buzz around the community.

The upcoming episode of SBS “My Little Old Boy” with Lee Min-Jung will air on November 25 at 9 PM, KST.

Image Source – SBS “My Little Old Boy”

Original Article // Translated by Dasol Kim

• Like 4

Found these Happy Together ep.556 snippets on IG with Indonesian subs. The variety show feat. actor Lee Jung Hyun who played Sgt. Tsuda in MR.SUNSHINE. If not mistaken, he was the first cast member to be interviewed on a tv show along with actress Lee Shi Ah (Eugene's mom), at the time the drama was still airing.

Anyway, I'll try to share the gist based on the subs (it's about similar to Malay). It's not the same as translating directly from Korean but we'll get the meaning, some interesting (shocking) tidbits about the scenes of LJH and LBH.

Thanks to Kontu, Utary Kartika for the subbed clips ~

Clip 1: Like everyone else, LJH said that LBH is very charismatic at the set and that made him felt pressured in his role against BH. He was stressed as he's been given the role in the drama and wanted to perform well. LBH who was not in the scenes, often came to watch the filming and even when he's not on the screen, he's there to guide with the dialogue and help LJH focus on his role.

Clip 2: A crisis almost happened during the scene when Tsuda went on a rampage on the street. He had 3 'bullets' to shoot.. 2 bullets were fired smoothly but the 3rd was stuck. He thought it wouldn't fire as he kept pulling the trigger and then the last bullet went off, missing LBH who's right in front of him, merely inches from his face. LJH felt shocked and scared (that he wanted to leave the set) but no one said anything. BH went to him later and calmly said that if the trigger was stuck, he should just let it be and not shoot anymore.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kansas424 said:

@rubie  Luckily the bullet just missed LBH at almost point blank......

That is so true :unsure:.. I was very surprised to read about this when I saw the clip. We really had no idea what happened during the filming. Luckily.. really lucky that nothing bad happened but it could and almost did. It's always a dangerous and risky situation acting using guns even if those were just props and blanks. From the drama scene, we obviously didn't see it.. or they could have edited it out. Actors should be really careful at all times. Although LBH is a seasoned veteran and had countless action scenes but he'd always learn to do it professionally and never took chances. One example was he already knew how to ride and handle a horse in GBW but in Mag7, he found out it wasn't quite the correct way and started learning from scratch. Younger and new actors must really take note of such work ethics.

GIF by ePhoenix.13 @BillyRocks_13

• Like 3

Fun Topic Fan-appreciation:  

MR.SUNSHINE vs LEE BYUNG HUN mrs.jpg

1. Music Box: The Orgel in ALL IN (2003).

2. Red pinwheel: THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (2016).

3. Leather-gloved right-hand: INSIDE MEN (2015). 

4. Matryoshka aka Russian Doll: A BITTERSWEET LIFE (2005).

5. Shoe scene: BUNGEE JUMPING OF THEIR OWN (2001).

6. The elusive letter K: A SINGLE RIDER (2017).

7. EuShin message box: IRIS (2009).

8. Sword fight: GI JOE: RETALIATION (2013).

9. Fanboys:  THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD (2008).

10. Running on a bridge: MASQUERADE (2012).

11. On bended knee: ONCE IN A SUMMER (2006).

12. Starting a new day in a new place: HARMONIUM IN MY MEMORY (1998).

A fresh graduate teacher vs an American Military Captain

himm_mrs_window.gif

• Like 6

November 25, 2018

Lee Min Jung Shares A Funny Story About The Reality Of Married Life With Lee Byung Hun

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

On the November 25 episode of SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling,” Lee Min Jung appeared as a special MC.

During the show, she talked about her husband, actor Lee Byung Hun, and Shin Dong Yup asked whether she had ever been rudely awakened from her ideals of married life by a real-life situation.

Lee Min Jung said, “It wasn’t an awakening so much as being disappointed. I like eating meals slowly, but my husband eats really fast. When we were newlyweds, if I was slow in setting the table, he would finish his meal in five minutes before I could even finish laying out the side dishes. He has a big mouth so he can put a lot in at once. Once he finished his rice while I was bringing out the stew. I was really shocked at that time.”

shin-dong-yup-lee-min-jung.jpg

Lee Byung Hun appeared in the hit drama “Mr. Sunshine” earlier this year, while Lee Min Jung will be starring in the weekend drama “Fates and Furies.”

Source (1)

Photo SBS

Source: MetroSeoul

• Like 5

November 26, 2018

Lee Min Jung Reveals How She Could Tell Lee Byung Hun Was About To Propose

Source: Soompi  by E. Cha

Lee Min Jung Reveals How She Could Tell Lee Byung Hun Was About To Propose

On the latest episode of SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling,” actress Lee Min Jung talked about her family life with her famous husband Lee Byung Hun and their adorable son.

Lee Min Jung made a guest appearance as a special MC on the November 25 broadcast of the reality show, and the hosts and panelists were eager to hear about her marriage.

During a discussion about planning romantic surprises, Lee Min Jung mentioned that Lee Byung Hun had been “way too obvious” about his proposal back in the day.

As everyone laughed, she went on to explain, “I’m very observant, so I notice things quickly. That day, he gathered the entire family and [held a screening] of his movie ‘Red 2,’ which had just come out at the time. When the movie ended, there was a proposal video prepared.”

Lee Min Jung recalled, “I didn’t notice anything when we first sat down, but he kept telling me, ‘Don’t go to the bathroom right after the movie ends. Don’t go to the bathroom right after the movie ends.'”

“The third time he said that, I knew there had to be something at the end of the movie,” she laughed.

Lee-Min-Jung-1.jpg

When asked whether Lee Byung Hun was the openly affectionate type, the actress replied, “His father is the reserved type and isn’t very expressive about his feelings. Because he grew up under that kind of father, he wanted to be very expressive about his affection for his son.”

Lee Min Jung went on to reveal, “When [Lee Byung Hun] is affectionate with our son, he tells his father, ‘Dad, this time, kiss Mom. Mom, kiss Dad.’ Because of our son, we’ve become really expressive about our affection.”

Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 5

November 25, 2018

"My Ugly Duckling" Lee Min-jung Talks About Her Home Life

Source: TV Report via HanCinema.net

photo1019491.jpg

Lee Min-jung appeared as the special guest of the SBS TV show "My Ugly Duckling" on the 25th.

Lee Min-jung and Lee Byung-hun have been married for 6 years and they have a 4 year-old son. Lee Min-jung said, "My son is beautiful. Our family smiles a lot because of him. We recently moved out and my mother-in-law comes often to see her grandson. She loves him more because she waited for a grandson for so long".

According to Sin Dong-yup, Lee Byung-hun's best friend, Lee Min-jung, is a great cook. Seo Jang-hoon said, "You don't seem like the type to cook so this is unexpected", and Lee Min-jung said, "I have to cook to be able to survive". She picked out a few of her best dishes as gochujang stew and chicken stew. She said she learned the recipes from the internet.

Lee Min-jung was asked if she and her husband have shown each other everything, including going to the bathroom and she said, "Almost".

Then she claimed there was once when she was upset at her husband.

She said, "I eat slowly, but my husband finishes eating even before I've set the table. Eating quickly on set has become a habit for him. I was shocked".

"We were only just married then so I told him. Now he tries to eat slowly and thinks of me". She added that she makes him breakfast every now and then when she's not at work.

• Like 5

November 26, 2018

Lee Byung-hun's wife reveals top actor's private life

optimize
Actress Lee Min-jung talked about her married life. Capture from SBS

By Dong Sun-hwa The Korea Times

The married life of A-list actors Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung has been mostly concealed. However, the actress leaked some parts of it on SBS variety show "My Little Old Boy" on Sunday, allowing a glimpse into the couple's private life. 

The actress, appearing as a special host, was dubbed "Mrs. Sunshine" after her husband recently starred in tvN's hit drama "Mr. Sunshine," about the people who had fought to maintain the Joseon Kingdom's independence.

As she observed the lifestyles of the show's cast, the actress also opened up about her own life. 

"My husband and I can fart and burp in front of each other almost any time," said Lee, showing how comfortable the two are with each other.

She also revealed that she was sad during her honeymoon because her husband ate too quickly, despite her being a slow-eater. She said he finished eating even before she had finished serving. She said Lee Byung-hun slowed down after she told him what she felt. 

The actress talked about her son as well. 

"My son mostly resembles his father, but his eyes look like mine," she said. "He calls his father 'Eugene Choi.'" This is the name of a character Lee Byung-hun played on "Mr. Sunshine."

The actress and the actor married in 2013, and she gave birth to a son in 2015. Lee Byung-hun was embroiled in a cheating scandal with a former girl group member in 2014. 

The actress will star in the forthcoming SBS drama "Fate and Fury" with actor Joo Sang-wook and So E-hyun. 

sunhwadong@koreatimes.co.kr 

• Like 4

Nice reading about their married life but why is Soompi site so biased about LBH to the point to cut his wife interview so as he would look like a jerk who still eats without waiting for his wife? In the comments a lot of haters seems to be happy with this way of giving out information...

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, marfisa said:

Nice reading about their married life but why is Soompi site so biased about LBH to the point to cut his wife interview so as he would look like a jerk who still eats without waiting for his wife? In the comments a lot of haters seems to be happy with this way of giving out information...

ignore them. 

• Like 7

Sigh. It can't be helped when there are more sites & blogs where the most vocal dominated and opinionated hate culture rules. I tend to think soompi is struggling to be relevant but could never stay neutral, fair and comprehensive as it should be. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, the writer(s) might have just referred to one particular article and did not research more. They only translated from one or two sources and that's it. An article before, had LBH-LMJ's son's name wrongly and when checking the Korean source (Google-translate), it gave the same spelling. That probably explains it.

When highlighting the soompi articles to share, don't read the comments section because you just knew what will come and happen there. It's something that can't be controlled, even with rational explanation and reference, the bias  & negative mentality is just too strong. Even if we go with a good & positive intention to clarify misinformation & correct false info, eventually we would be attacked and insulted instead. Unfortunately, popular well known sites NB, DB, koala and others are resorting to this tactic. Only those with high traffic survives and what brings them around are the sensational news & the dark desire to see others fail. 

This heartache will never end. The only way to silence the hateful comments is when LBH and LMJ are both doing great in their respective careers as well as making it work as a family.  Antis can't stand seeing them happy.. have to say that the couple have solid support from their families and friends especially. They went through a truly bad phase once, patched things up and now living well, especially for their son. This is not what the haters want to see.. so fans have to brace the bad weather before the sun shines. A good example when LBH was announced as KES' leading man in MR.SUNSHINE, the initial response was not pleasant at all but it doesn't affect anything, giving more than a better result in the end. 

mjbh18_21.jpg

• Like 7

November 27, 2018

Korean Movie Actors with highest ticket power 2018

Source: Naver via KoreanUpdates! @KoreanUpdates

Song Kang Ho claims his spot for 3 year in a row as the Korean actor with strongest ticket power.

Based on the survey conducted by portals MyDaily & MaxMovie from November 1 till November 23 involving 12,890 participants.

The top 10 actors:

1. Song Kang Ho

2. Ha Jung Woo

3. Ryu Jun Yeol

4. Lee Byung Hun 

5. Ma Dong Suk 

6. Kang Dong Won

7. Hwang Jung Min

8. Yoo Hae Jin

9.  Cho Jin Woong

10. Kim Yun Seok

11. Joo In Sung