Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the wonderful update, it'll be great to see Lee Byung Hun later this evening! Was unsure if he would attend the ceremony as CHIEFS OF NAMSAN had started filming (there're some filming photos at the movie thread) but now we can look forward to the awards and hoping for another well-deserved recognition for MR.SUNSHINE.

Highlighted at PlanetBH0712, here's the LINK to watch the live streaming later. Also the awards website.

Looks like Byunghun's IG has surpassed 40K followers as well.. good for him! yes.gif I was hoping he would post something but he's probably a bit busy, obviously. Maybe later at the awards, he'd post a photo with his former co-star or the movie filming.. anything will be such a treat. :)

Clip: bookclub_millie

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 3

October 27, 2018

October Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from September 25 to October 26.

Actress Han Ji Min topped this month’s rankings with a brand reputation index of 9,076,346, enjoying an impressive 49.46 percent increase in her score since last month.

High-ranking phrases in Han Ji Min’s keyword analysis included “Miss Baek,” “Best Actress award,” and “London film festival.” Her highest-ranking related terms included “thankful,” “like,” and “enough.”

Actress Kim Tae Ri maintained her position at second place this month with a brand reputation index of 7,327,809, marking a 8.36 percent increase from her September score.

Actor Hyun Bin rose to third place in the rankings after seeing a 40.89 percent increase in his brand reputation index. His total score for October was 7,159,968.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Han Ji Min
2. Kim Tae Ri
3. Hyun Bin
4. Jang Dong Gun
5. Joo Ji Hoon
6. So Ji Sub
7. Lee Byung Hun
8. Kim Dong Wook
9. Esom
10. Kim Young Kwang
11. Gong Yoo
12. Ma Dong Seok
13. Kim Da Mi
14. Jo In Sung
15. Jung Da Bin
16. Jo Woo Jin
17. Cha Tae Hyun
18. Yoo Ah In
19. Lee Je Hoon
20. Kim Eui Sung
21. Son Ye Jin
22. Lee Jong Suk
23. Jo Jin Woong
24. Park Ji Hyun
25. Nam Joo Hyuk
26. Song Seung Heon
27. Yoo Jae Myung
28. Song Ji Hyo
29. Jang Hyuk
30. Park Seo Joon

Source (1)

Coffee treat for LBH at the movie filming site sent by actor Jo Woo Jin (GwanSoo in MR.SUNSHINE, also in Inside Men & The Fortress).

JWJ's character was so cruel to BH in Inside Men but here he's sending hearts to his former co-star. :blush: More like GwanSoo & Eugene..

Photos: Coffee King

• Like 3

October 27, 2018

Winners Of The 2nd Seoul Awards th_congrats.gif

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Winners Of The 2nd Seoul Awards

The Seoul Awards has announced this year’s winners, honoring some of the greatest in film and television dramas in the past year.

The awards show was on held on October 27 at the Peace Hall in Kyung Hee University, with Kim Ah Joong and Jung Hyun Moo returning as the MCs for the second year.

This year’s grand prize for the film category went to “The Spy Gone North,” a film that is based on a true story about a South Korean spy who infiltrates the North to obtain intelligence on nuclear weapons plans. The grand prize for the drama category went to tvN’s “My Ahjussi,” a story about three middle-aged brothers and a woman who learn to heal each other’s past scars.

The awards ceremony also dedicated a special moment to Kim Joo Hyuk, who won the Best Supporting Actor Award last year for his role in “Confidential Assignment.” The actor unfortunately passed away in a car accident a few days afterwards, and the awards ceremony took time to commemorate his illustrious career and replay his acceptance speech.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Films:
Grand Prize Award: “The Spy Gone North”

Best Actor Award: Ha Jung Woo (“Along with the Gods”)

Best Actress Award: Son Ye Jin (“Be With You”)

Best Supporting Actor Award: Joo Ji Hoon (“Along with the Gods” – “The Spy Gone North”)

Best Supporting Actress Award: Ye Soo Jung (“Along with the Gods”)

Best New Actor Award: Nam Joo Hyuk (“The Great Battle”)
Best New Actress Award: Kim Da Mi (“The Witch”)
Popularity Award: Son Ye Jin, EXO’s D.O.

Dramas:
Grand Prize Award: tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
Best Actor Award: Lee Byung Hun (“Mr. Sunshine”)
Best Actress Award: Kim Nam Joo (“Misty”)
Best Supporting Actor Award: Yoo Yeon Seok (“Mr. Sunshine”)
Best Supporting Actress Award: Moon So Ri (“Life”)
Best New Actor Award: Park Hae Soo (“Prison Playbook”)
Best New Actress Award: Jo Bo Ah (“Goodbye to Goodbye”)
Hallyu Artist Award: Jung Hae In (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)
Popularity Award: Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun, Jung Hae In
Special Acting Award: Heo Joon Ho (“Come and Hug Me”)

Source (1)

Photos: BH Entertainment

• Like 4

• rubie changed the title to Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee :: Congratulations 2nd Seoul Awards Best Drama Actor 2018 ::

Today BH posted three photos from the awards last night th_character019.gifNice!

Before the Fool-Moron-Loser bromance trio in MR.SUNSHINE, there's already Kim Inha & Yoo JongKu in ALL IN (2003). Good to see Lee Byung Hun & Hur Joon Ho at the Seoul Awards 2018 after 15 years.

LOL! Same silly gesture he did with Sofia Vergara at the Academy Awards 2 years ago :P

• Like 4

It's nice to see that LBH really wanted YYS to get the prize.

At first, I thought that he was upset before announcing the results in the category he had hacked.

I am impressed by the personality of LBH. Really!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, rubie said:

It's nice to see that LBH really wanted YYS to get the prize.

At first, I thought that he was upset before announcing the results in the category he had hacked.

I am impressed by the personality of LBH. Really!

• Like 4

October 29, 2018

Seoul Awards honor the year's best

By Yim Seung-hye INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

seoulawards_w1.jpg

An array of stars took to the red carpet for the second edition of the Seoul Awards on Saturday evening held at Kyung Hee University’s Grand Peace Palace, eastern Seoul, and some left with several trophies in hand. 

TvN’s drama “My Mister,” which featured singer-actor Lee Ji-eun, better known as IU, and film “The Spy Gone North,” directed by Yoon Jong-bin, each received the top honors for Best Work at Saturday’s event. 

“My Mister” dealt with an unlikely friendship between a 20-something woman and her colleague in his 40s. The actors’ immersive performances and emotional direction lead to it receiving much praise.

“The Spy Gone North” starring Hwang Jung-min, Lee Sung-min and Cho Jin-woong, has been hailed as creating a new type of Korean spy flick. The story is based on a true incident that took place in 1993, when a former South Korean military officer was recruited by the National Intelligence Service to infiltrate North Korea amid leaks that North Korea was developing nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, the Best Actor and Best Actress Awards went to Lee Byung-hun for his starring role in the successful period drama “Mr. Sunshine” and Kim Nam-joo for “Misty” in the television series category. Ha Jeong-woo received Best Actor for “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” and Son Ye-jin won Best Actress for “Be With You” for the film category.

The Seoul Awards is the first Awards Ceremony here to select the winners by including the public as judges. According to the organizers, public votes account for 30 percent of the final decision in order to “reflect the public opinion in the awards ceremony.”

Published on October 27, 2018 by 스포츠서울

• Like 5

October 30, 2018. 

Congratulations to Byung Hun- ssi for receiving his second award for his portrayal as Eugene in "Mr. Sunshine".   Sincerely hope he will receive more awards going forward.  

Seoul Awards: Exclusive Interview with Lee Byung Hun

(a translation) 

Clip: HighCut Star

"First of all, thank you very much, I am also very happy.   Filming of the drama series took a very long time.  I do not  know why those hard processes disappeared instantly.   It is like a kind of compensation.  Although I ended the shooting a few months ago, I do not know whether it is because of the long-time shooting or the theme of the Drama series, I still feel very much the story within me.  I hope that  everyone will remember this Drama series for a long time.   I am very thankful for today’s awards."

Source:   LBH fan @ Weibo

• Like 4

Happy to see LBH get award for his work in Mr. Sunshine.

Here is the translation for LBH's acceptance speech. 

"Thank you. First, I have people I want to congratulate. There are several couples married during and after Mr. Sunshine. Jo WooJin who did the role of Gwansoo, Kim Namhee who did the role of Takashi, and Yoon Jooman who did the role of Yujo, congratulate on all of you for your weddings. I have a lot of people I want to say thank you – looking at side – there is enough time to do it so I’ll do so now. First, I thank great director Lee Eungbok and writer Kim Eunsook, who wrote meaningful story and made it into beautiful drama better than a movie. Dir. Jang Yongho, dir. Jung Jaeyoung, camera dir Kang and dir Yoo, lighting dir. Lee Byunggwan and makeup chief Choi Gyunghee who tried their best to hide my lines(on my face).  And who has always been with me from movies, costume chief Jo Sangkyung. There are so many staffs, even though I couldn’t name them all, thanks to all of them I am here receiving this award. And also Yoo Yeonsuk who's here now, who’s very kind and good natured, I was a bit worried how he would be able to do the role, who’s different 180 degree. But he did play the character so well, so nicely, so I thank him as a senior. Also, from the beginning of shooting to the end, Kim Taeri who made me on edge and thanks to her my acting got better, thank you for your great acting. Just before Mr. Jisung said the name Boyoung is special to him, but to me it’s the name Minjung that’s special. I want to thank my colleague Kim Minjung, and also I want to sincerely thank my wife Minjung and my son, who has been supporting me always, being strong for me, and my source of energy for more than 10 months while I was working far from home. Today, it’s a bit more difficult for me because, without this person I won’t be able to be here nor see you. To think about it, I never really invited her to awards before, she called me and told me she wanted to be here. Who has been, and will be my life time supporter, my mom is here. Finally, I want to thank my fans. Thank you."

• Like 4

Next year, Oct 27 2019-the first day Korean movie was released on 1919 Oct 27th - is the 100th anniversary of Korean Movie. In preparation of the next year, Korean Film Council(http://www.kofic.or.kr/kofic/business/main/main.do) had a seminar celebrating 99 years of Korean movies which was held in The Riverside Hotel in Seoul with more than 100 people from Korean movies.

One of the section was for actors and actresses in Korean movies in 100 years, one of the presenter,  critic Jeon Chanil picked 11 actors representing Korean movies. Article here summarized the seminar(http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2018/10/26/0200000000AKR20181026120500005.HTML?input=1195m) and this is the list he picked.

Na WoonGyu(1902~1937)

Kim SeungHo(1917~1968)

Kim JinGyu(1922~1998)

Shin YoungGyun(1928 ~)

Shin SungIl(1937 ~ )

Ahn SungKi(1952 ~)

Park JoongHoon(1966 ~)

Han SukKyu(1964~)

Song GangHo(1967~)

Choi MinSik(1962~)

Lee ByungHun(1970~)

Yes, our lovable, formidable LBH is picked for one of the 11 actors for 100 years! Woohooo!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Thanks to Chungmuro Crumb for the article highlight and translation th_katt.gif

Joy News 24, an entertainment sports media, conducted a survey on entertainment industry experts from October 19 to October 26 about "Best Actor in Drama of the Year". This survey included 200 peoples who worked for entertainment and broadcasting companies, producers of film and broadcasting contents, and reporters from entertainment department.

Kim Nam Joo (Misty) topped the list of the '2018 Best Actor in Drama'. Among the survey respondents, 42 voters chose her as the best actor in the drama category this year.
"Mr. Sunshine" Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Ri ranked second and third, respectively. Among the survey respondents, 36 voters chose Lee Byung Hun and 27 voters chose Kim Tae Ri as the best actor in drama for this year.

Following list of 2018 Best Actors in Drama by 200 entertainment industry experts:

1. Kim Nam Joo: 42 
2. Lee Byung Hun: 36 
3. Kim Tae Ri: 27 
4. Son Ye Jin: 21
5. Park Seo Joon: 16
6. Jo Seung Woo: 12
7. Do Kyung Soo: 11
8. Seo Hyun Jin & Jung Hae In: 6 

October 29, 2018

Kim Nam Joo of MISTY, best drama actor chosen by the entertainment industry 

Followed by MR.SUNSHINE's Lee Byung Hun & Kim Tae Ri

Source: JoyNews

• Like 2

October 31, 2018

Photos: Lee Byung Hun at Incheon to LA

Source: Newsen / Asia Today ++

Actor Lee Byung Hun was spotted this morning at the Incheon International Airport en route to LA. It's believed that he is off to film the US location scenes for CHIEFS OF NAMSAN currently in production.

However,  the annual LACMA Art & Film Gala will be held on November 3. It's also likely that BH will be attending the event as he never misses it each year. Thanks to Barbara for the info.

Dq02dj2UcAAGvYB.jpg

Dq1QZbjU8AI-Gkw.jpg

Thanks to Playharder111 for the airport clip ~
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello @3po3 and welcome to LBH soompi, we're very happy to have you here! Keep posting, ok. :) 

Thanks to @mistymorning for the list of the 11 actors presenting Korean movies. It's an excellent list to be on and so glad that Lee Byung Hun is included in the worthy mention. Looks like there will be quite an event in Chungmuro next year to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Korean movies. LBH himself will have at least 2 new movies coming out in 2019, which both are connected to the Korean history and culture, respectively. Awesome news, indeed.

@peonie so good to see you back at the thread, thanks so much for the interview translation. You must be experiencing jetlag and probably decided to translate the clip.. LOL, we are lucky! :D Btw, thanks so much for the LACMA info, totally slipped my mind that it's already November! BH usually never misses the event, that's where he's going to, in LA. As always, we'll wait for the pics of course. :P

Here is the Seoul Awards Best Actor acceptance speech clip with English translation by @mistymorning

20181027sa_72.jpg

• Like 5