Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Dir. WMH lacks the creativity and skillset of Dir Kim and Park.....and he's pretty old school too. 

For a movie that lacks dialogue, OSTs play an even more important role, cite "A Bittersweet Life". I hope he realized that from the downfall of Drug King. 

Jean-Pierre Melville 's filming style will not work for contemporary audience.  

• Like 7

January 16, 2019

#10YearChallenge: The Trend That Didn’t Take Korea By Storm, But Here It Is Anyway

Source: Soompi by R. Jun

The #10YearChallenge, or — the more apt version for us age-at-a-normal-rate folk — “How hard has aging hit you challenge,” is running rampant through the interwebs, with friends and celebrities alike sharing then-and-now photos of their transformation, or lack thereof, from 2009 to 2019.

Korean celebrities have, for the most part, pointedly ignored this trend — why, we cannot fathom — so here you go, you ageless monsters. We did it for you.

Exclusively from our favorite dramas of 2009 and some that we truly did not know existed, here are 16 celebrities, then and now:

Full compilation at soompi link ~

Lee Byung Hun

lee-byung-hun-540x360.jpg

Left: “IRIS” (2009) Right: “Mr. Sunshine”

Spoiler

Lee Min Jung

lee-min-jung1-540x360.jpg

Left: “Smile, You” (2009) Right: “Fates and Furies“

Photo: alatus_deus

• Like 7

Source: Lee Byung Hun IG / thanks to mistymorning for the translation cuppa.gif

January 17, 2019

Actress Kim Hye Soo sends a coffee truck to CHIEFS OF NAMSAN

BH's caption:  Thank you Hyesoo-ssi

On the banner showing pics of LBH & LSM: CHIEFS OF NAMSAN Please have a cup of hot coffee!

On the side banner showing picture of KHS: For all casts and staffs working hard in cold weather, cheers to you and fill some caffeine ! 

Photos: pd.coffee

Spoiler

Didn't expect KHS to send a coffee truck to the filming but it's really nice of her indeed. :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

January 18, 2019

Lee Byung Hun Thanks Kim Hye Soo For Sending Coffee Truck To Film Set

Source: Soompi by K. Lew

Kim Hye Soo has sent a thoughtful gift to her friend Lee Byung Hun.

On January 17, Lee Byung Hun uploaded photos of a coffee truck sent to the filming site of his upcoming movie “Chiefs of Namsan” (literal translation).

The photos show signs that say, “To the actors and staff who are working hard in the cold weather, please come get a caffeine boost,” “From Kim Hye Soo,” and “‘Chiefs of Namsan’ please have a warm cup of coffee.” Lee Byung Hun also thanked the actress for the coffee truck in his post. The two actors are same-age friends, both born in 1970.

20190117khs.jpg

Lee Byung Hun is currently filming “Chiefs of Namsan,” which is set in the 1970s and involves the CIA. Other actors appearing in the film are Lee Sung Min, Kwak Do Won, Lee Hee Joon, and more.

Kim Hye Soo most recently appeared in the film “Default” alongside Yoo Ah In, Jo Woo Jin, and Heo Joon Ho. She will be starring in an upcoming sci-fi film “Return” (literal translation) with Hwang Jung Min.

Source (1)

• Like 7

On 1/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, mistymorning said:

Another BH's reading book in Millie's, coming soon. 

The selfish gene by Richard Dawkins, this reading book will be released on Jan-21st on Millie with BH's voice. More than 40 years since this book was published, but I'm sure the book is still fresh esp. with BH reading it. I was thinking about dropping this service, but Millie knows how to keep customers.

Capture credit to original sharing~

millie_tsg.jpg

@peonie Thanks so much for the latest IG post from BH. It's awesome seeing the latest photos from the filming site. Actor CSW was really close to LBH in INSIDE MEN and off-camera, too. The support never stops for CHIEFS OF NAMSAN and in this coldest weather is especially heartwarming. So far, there's been at least 8 coffee trucks sent to the filming site for LBH & the filming team. A good sign that many are indeed anticipating this movie. It's interesting to read that how things come together for Dir. WMH & LBH  to reunite (from interview translated by @mistymorning ) For years and years, LBH's character was deemed as a 'villain' but due to the recent situation, there's renewed attention on the man in the movie and how he'll be portrayed would be something to look forward to, by Koreans in particular.

Source: HERALDPOP

20190118_1.jpg

ì´ë¯¸ì§ì¤ì

From the looks of it, Lee Byung Hun may have started a new BH meme for this new year. Actor Byun Yo Han imitated his one-finger pose at the musical gathering, same as Kim Hye Soo when she sent the coffee truck. :blush: Now Dir. Woo, too.. who else, haha..

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Another 'Inside Men' Coffee truck today, photos posted by BH. Snack treats & hot coffee support from actor Kim Dae Myung to Dir. Woo Min Ho & CHIEFS OF NAMSAN cast. KDM was in Inside Men & Drug King, also in Misaeng with actor Lee Sung Min.

All the actors are covered up (perhaps, not to reveal their costume and style worn in the movie) but everyone was sporting enough to pose for the photo. cuppa.gif

BH's caption: Thank you Daemyung!

• Like 7

Hello Hello! So I hope I can join! I first saw this lovely talented amazing actor in I Saw the Devil. I know this movie isn't for everyone. I know I'm a Gong Yoo fan. I will always support LBH! And I heard LBH has some projects coming up! I'm so happy for him! I miss Mr. Sunshine. I will never forget Eugene Choi. I am happy LBH returned to drama land. I can't wait for his next drama! So what do I think about LBH? I think he acts with feelings. I believe him.

So his wife was murdered in I saw the Devil, right? I felt his pain. I'm sorry if I spoiled it. I know there is a thread for I saw the devil. I want to share my feelings. I know he is married to Lee Min Young, right? Well, she was in Big with Gong Yoo! Isn't it so interesting? I think he and LBH are connected. And I want them to act in a movie together! I hope LBH can help Gong Yoo act with feelings. I don't think there is anything wrong with Gong Yoo's acting. I think LBH can help him get better! I don't think they had many scenes in Age of Shadows together...So I'm going to post my favorite things from I Saw the Devil. Please let me know if I offend you.

Image result for lee byung hun gif i saw the devil

Image result for lee byung hun gif i saw the devil

these gifs are not mine! credit to owner

I believe him. I believe that he is in pain. I think he's saying, "It's all over, but why am I still crying?" I want to say, "Please don't cry! You got your revenge!"

I haven't seen any of LBH's other movies/dramas yet!

Thanks for being patient with me!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hello Hello! So I hope I can join! I first saw this lovely talented amazing actor in I Saw the Devil. I know this movie isn't for everyone. I know I'm a Gong Yoo fan. I will always support LBH! And I heard LBH has some projects coming up! I'm so happy for him! I miss Mr. Sunshine. I will never forget Eugene Choi. I am happy LBH returned to drama land. I can't wait for his next drama! So what do I think about LBH? I think he acts with feelings. I believe him.

Spoiler

So his wife was murdered in I saw the Devil, right? I felt his pain. I'm sorry if I spoiled it. I know there is a thread for I saw the devil. I want to share my feelings. I know he is married to Lee Min Young, right? Well, she was in Big with Gong Yoo! Isn't it so interesting? I think he and LBH are connected. And I want them to act in a movie together! I hope LBH can help Gong Yoo act with feelings. I don't think there is anything wrong with Gong Yoo's acting. I think LBH can help him get better! I don't think they had many scenes in Age of Shadows together...So I'm going to post my favorite things from I Saw the Devil. Please let me know if I offend you.

Hello @2handsintertwined, you've made it.. I know it's not want you've wanted, but just know that we can talk better about LBH here. Thank you for your thoughts on I SAW THE DEVIL (ISTD) and GY acted with BH's wife, Lee Min Jung in BIG. At the time, BH and MJ were rumored to be dating which they denied at first but eventually they got married in 2013.

Who knows, one day LBH and GY may act together in a brand new movie. One thing for sure, both have appeared in Dir. Kim's movies. It's easier to team up with the director when they've already collaborated together and had familiarize themselves. In MASTER, LBH collaborated with two younger actors and in KEYS TO THE HEART, a family drama about 2 brothers, so there is always a possibility if there's another thriller or action script waiting to materialize on the silver screen. THE AGE OF SHADOWS proved to be a big hit, a modern spin-off would definitely thrill the fans.

@garbolein77 thank you for the HARMONIUM IN MY MEMORY lovely collage. I remember watching this movie alongside JSA just after discovering Lee Byung Hun the actor almost 20 years ago. He looked so young of course, perfect as the fresh teacher on his first job. The movie itself had such a nostalgic yesteryear feeling and Jeon Do Yeon nailed her role as a teenager when she's was almost 30 at the time. Both of them, to the fans' delight reunited in MEMORIES OF THE SWORD, which was rare as LBH paired-up with someone nearing his age (unlike the usual trend in Kdramas/movies) and they were just awesome on the screen. However, the movie simply failed to match the two stars' charisma and presence which is such a pity and huge waste of what could have been.

The latest IG post by Byunghun, he's recommending a musical movie

Delta Boys (watch trailerth_note.gif

• Like 7

The full compilation at HELLOKPOP, posting related LBH dramas only ~

January 19, 2019

Hellokpop K-Drama Picks: A Tribute To Classic Korean Dramas That Never Lose Magic

By abbyinhallyuland | Hellokpop

REACHING A PHENOMENAL POPULARITY, CLASSIC KOREAN DRAMAS ESSENTIALLY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE WORLDWIDE GROWTH OF HALLYU.

Spoiler

With the internet aiding the prevalence of streaming K-Drama content through various online video platforms, the direction of the industry it belongs looks utterly auspicious.

An offshoot of this thought ended up propelling our K-drama team to kick off this new segment of rounding up our own recommendations.

Trust us, drawing a preference list is hard. Although we can’t argue how recent Korean dramas keep on getting better, there are just quintessential Korean television series not to be missed.

On that note, since we have just recently begun a new year, our first recommendation list celebrates the K-Dramas which became forerunners of Hallyu.

We present our favorite classic Korean dramas. When we say classic, we mean it for dramas which aired between 2000 until 2010.

Note that we considered availability of video sources for this list since we want to celebrate our cherished picks with fellow K-Drama followers.

ABBYINHALLYULAND’S PICKS

Tears by Lee Byung Hun, Original clip courtesy Rubeurs

The oldest drama that I saw was 1999’s Happy Together, the weep-fest series starring Lee Byung Hun, Kim Ha Neul, Song Seung Heon, Cha Tae Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun.

In early 2000, Korean dramas prevailing genre were melodramas. At that time, I was in constant bickering with my brother, who always complain about melodramas with heroines crying every episode. That appears to be true, my tear ducts were on a regular exercise during those years. Thankfully, period dramas and romantic comedies slowly joined the ruling drama roster so it provided alternative series to binge on.

EMYLYN’S PICKS

Beautiful Days (2001)

Beautiful Days

A story about two sisters who grew up together at an orphanage and two brothers who detested each other. The characters’ lives get entangled through music and a twist of fate. This was the first Lee Byung Hun drama that I watched, and he blew me away. It seemed I was not the only one as the writers had to revise the script in the middle of filming. His stellar performance and great chemistry with Choi Ji Woo changed his character from the second lead to the guy who got the girl in the end!

• Like 7

@rubie Thanks for the LBH updates :). I think you're working so hard!

tumblr_pbxw2z4cJl1vqfmslo1_400.gif

(Eugene Choi, Mr. Sunshine, 2018) gif not mine credit to owner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I want to reply to what you said. So I did that :D)

13 hours ago, rubie said:

Hello @2handsintertwined, you've made it.. I know it's not want you've wanted, but just know that we can talk better about LBH here. Thank you for your thoughts on I SAW THE DEVIL (ISTD) and GY acted with BH's wife, Lee Min Jung in BIG. At the time, BH and MJ were rumored to be dating which they denied at first but eventually they got married in 2013.

Hello :). So GY acted with BH's wife Lee Min Jung. I think she's so pretty. I think this is off-topic. I liked her acting in Big! 

Image result for lee min jung gif big

So LBH and MJ denied dating. They got married :) That is nice :).

Making two posts!

Edit: Making 3 posts:ph34r:

• Like 7

Who knows, one day LBH and GY may act together in a brand new movie. One thing for sure, both have appeared in Dir. Kim's movies. It's easier to team up with the director when they've already collaborated together and had familiarize themselves.

You're right! I wish they act in drama/movie together :)  Can I share something?

vCOl1Ig.jpg

(GY, LBH, and KSH, Age of Shadows 2016)

I took these photos on my computer. I'm sorry! It's bad quality!

Spoiler

ERMWjF9.jpg

Edit:

• Like 7

In MASTER, LBH collaborated with two younger actors and in KEYS TO THE HEART, a family drama about 2 brothers, so there is always a possibility if there's another thriller or action script waiting to materialize on the silver screen. THE AGE OF SHADOWS proved to be a big hit, a modern spin-off would definitely thrill the fans.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I loved Age of Shadows! It was like watching a mystery unfold! And they never found LBH's character :) 

Image result for lee byung hun gif

:heart:

Edit:

@kansas424 I'm sorry I missed you. *hugs you* So you said, " Hello there, i agree with you, he has to do more drama in future, and also teaming up with Gong Yoo in a movie. You should check out "A Bittersweet Life", this movie was filmed and acted by LBH brilliantly" Hello! I'm glad you agree. We need more dramas and a movie with GY, LBH!!!! I will try to check out Bittersweet Life :)

• Like 7

Didn't follow the Talk Show 'Happy Together Season 4' but saw in the media updates recently, mentions of LBH in the show's episode 577 which was aired on January 17. Seems that there's a segment where celebrity guests in the show could request their 'dark past' moments (embarrassing CFs, photos, etc) to be erased. The shows writers/staff will compile the clips or pics and feature those in the show with the celebrity as their guest. After a short Q&A, they will say the magic word and whatever the 'dark past' was.. will be erased. :huh: Not sure if it's really deleted completely but supposedly it'll be erased forever(?). Anyway, the show hosts had specifically mentioned Lee Byung Hun and the Arena Tour 2007 concert in which he had performed a dance routine.. the clip that he himself posted on his IG. 

ht577_darkpast.gif

The dialogues from the segment ~

These days, there are some people who posted about their dark pasts.
Right.
Lee Byung Hun posted about his dark past two times.
Really?
Yes.
Byung Hun posted it on social media.
(Caption: Byung Hun from 12 years ago)
(He's got the capitalistic smile)
(I respect him for facing his dark past)
We are keeping our eyes on him.
If he posts more of those, we will accept it.. 
as a request to join us and we will ask him.
We will give him a call.

ht577_dp.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 3