Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Hi rori, good to see you again in 2019! :lol: *rubie waving back* BH's IG followers are now over 102K.. and he's having fun treating the fans with his 'special series photos'.. thanks to mistymorning for the English translation, also for the BH Ent post.

Yesterday, it was the IRIS scene in snow-covered Akita (2009).. seeing the PD Kim Kyu Tae & crew,  wearing thick jackets while he's clad only in a bathrobe. In the actual scene, he'd be in a towel supposedly getting ready to have a dip in the hot spring onsen. It's a hard job being an actor.

So, BH said: You seem happy to be in warm clothing. :P

Today's photo as Barbara mentioned, it's from GBW filming in Dunhuang (2007). Without a face mask, BH sitting with Dir. KJW and he said: (You) look happy to wear mask in sand storm.

Looks like Byunghun waited 10 years for his 'revenge' :D

Source: BH Entertainment // Photos: KMIB news

ì´ë³íì´ âê´í´âë¡â¦ ë¶ì¥ì ëª¨ë  ê² âìíì ì¼êµ´ì°½ì¡°ì â 기ì¬ì ì¬ì§

ì´ë³íì´ âê´í´âë¡â¦ ë¶ì¥ì ëª¨ë  ê² âìíì ì¼êµ´ì°½ì¡°ì â 기ì¬ì ì¬ì§

• Like 6

January 5, 2019

Korean Actors Brush up on English-Language Skills

By Pyo Tae-jun The Chosun Ilbo

In his latest film "Take Point," Ha Jung-woo's lines are mostly in English as he heads a group of mercenaries. Ha admits that playing the part was "quite a challenge."

"It drove me nuts whenever my language coach pointed out an incorrect pronunciation when I said a line while trying to immerse myself into my character," he said.

But as Korean films ride a wave of K-pop enthusiasm overseas, it has to be done. Ha took one-on-one English language lessons for six months before filming began.

He and his teacher, Christine Kim, would go for walks during lessons to make speaking English become more natural. "I made him memorize the words, accent and gestures of his favorite basketball player Kobe Bryant and Tom Cruise after watching YouTube," Kim said. "We never sat down when we met for lessons and I trained him to speak in English while walking or moving. A natural sense of language comes with gestures or movements."

In the movie "Default," which is about the 1997 Asian financial crisis, French actor Vincent Cassel and his co-star Kim Hye-soo speak to each other in English. And in "The Drug King," which opened last month, Bae Doo-na also speaks English. She has employed a dialect coach since the early 2000s as she has appeared in a couple of Hollywood films.

Lee Byung-hun, who played a U.S. Marine in the TV drama, "Mr. Sunshine," took English conversation classes at a crammer in Gangnam. Park Jung-geun, the personal tutor for Lee as well as Yoo Ji-tae and Han Hyo-joo, said, "Learning English while sitting down and focusing primarily on grammar is no help at all when acting in a scene. The secret is using hands and learning other gestures.

Art by AQUILA.S.H

• Like 6

Hello @garbolein77, welcome to LBH soompi thread! You've made it! th_welcome.gifThanks so much for the lovely ONCE IN A SUMMER collage.. it's indeed a simple, sweet yet heart-rending summer romance that will linger on in our hearts after watching the movie.

Please continue to share your thoughts and comments about Lee Byung Hun with us here. We love to share and talk about him and his dramas & movies.

Looks like he is still filming CHIEFS OF NAMSAN and receiving great support from his junior actors & good friends. It obvious to see that BH is elated that Song Seung Hun sent him a coffee truck, truly a wonderful warm gesture in the cold weather. Thanks Barbara for the update!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, rubie said:

Hello @garbolein77, welcome to LBH soompi thread! You've made it! th_welcome.gifThanks so much for the lovely ONCE IN A SUMMER collage.. it's indeed a simple, sweet yet heart-rending summer romance that will linger on in our hearts after watching the movie.

Please continue to share your thoughts and comments about Lee Byung Hun with us here. We love to share and talk about him and his dramas & movies.

Looks like he is still filming CHIEFS OF NAMSAN and receiving great support from his junior actors & good friends. It obvious to see that BH is elated that Song Seung Hun sent him a coffee truck, truly a wonderful warm gesture in the cold weather. Thanks Barbara for the update!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome message. He is a great actor who has excellent mimic.

Once in a Summer is one of my favourite films which is very simple but touchy.

I'm from Turkey and do not understand exactly what does coffee truck mean? I know what it is but most of the Korean actors have coffee trucks.

• Like 7

On 1/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, garbolein77 said:

Thank you so much for your warm welcome message. He is a great actor who has excellent mimic.

Once in a Summer is one of my favourite films which is very simple but touchy.

I'm from Turkey and do not understand exactly what does coffee truck mean? I know what it is but most of the Korean actors have coffee trucks.

Hi, we're very happy to meet fellow fans from Turkey. Most of us here are in Asia, specifically South East Asia and some residing in the US. After MR.SUNSHINE, we've met more fans from various parts of the world. You must have been following BH for quite awhile to have seen ONCE IN A SUMMER (2006) and his other movies, too.

The coffee truck is actually a popular paid-catering service that prepares coffee & snack to be sent to outdoor filming sites.. either for an ongoing movie or drama in production. Usually this coffee + tea and snacks are sent by a group of fans of an actor or actress to show their support. At the filming site, it's often that there were limited rest time or breaks for the staff and cast as they would be filming continuously. So, the coffee and snack (plus some gifts) will be a way to appreciate all the hard work and effort of the production crew especially in the name of the actor/actress it was sent to.

Apart from fans, celebrity friends would also send these  coffee trucks to their seniors (like Mr.SUNSHINE co-stars Yoo Yeon Seok, Byun Yo Han & Jo Woo Jin sending their support to LBH). Sometimes, the cast themselves would treat the crew with coffee truck or even a complete lunch buffet as BH had done himself during the filming of MR.SUNSHINE and to his wife's filming set as well, Lee Min Jung currently filming drama FATE & FURY).

However, from what we've heard, it is quite costly to 'order' a complete coffee truck unless it's done by a number of fans, the more the better (like a fanclub) and there have to be someone in Korea to facilitate the 'ordering'.. someone to bank-in the money, etc. So, it's easier for Korean fans but some international fans have also done so, despite the complication.

Sorry that the explanation is a bit long-winding but hope it answers your query. :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rubie said:

Hi, we're very happy to meet fellow fans from Turkey. Most of us here are in Asia, specifically South East Asia and some residing in the US. After MR.SUNSHINE, we've met more fans from various part of the world. You must have been following BH for quite awhile to have seen ONCE IN A SUMMER (2006) and his other movies, too.

The coffee truck is actually a popular paid-service that prepares coffee & snack to be sent to outdoor filming sites.. either for an ongoing movie or drama in production. Usually this coffee + tea and snacks are sent by a group of fans of an actor or actress as their support. At the filming site, it's often that there were limited rest time or breaks for the staff and cast as they would be filming continuously. So, the coffee and snack (plus some gifts) will be a way to appreciate all the hard work and effort of the production crew especially in the name of the actor/actress it was sent to.

Apart from fans, celebrity friends would also send these  coffee trucks to their seniors (like Mr.SUNSHINE co-stars Yoo Yeon Seok, Byun Yo Han & Jo Woo Jin sending their support to LBH). Sometimes, the cast themselves would treat the crew with coffee truck or even a complete lunch buffet as BH had done himself during the filming of MR.SUNSHINE and to his wife's filming set as well, Lee Min Jung currently filming drama FATE & FURY).

However, from what we've heard, it is quite costly to 'order' a complete coffee truck unless it's done by a number of fans, the more the better (like a fanclub) and there have to be someone in Korea to facilitate the 'ordering'.. someone to bank-in the money, etc. So, it's easier for Korean fans but some international fans have also done so, despite the complication.

Sorry that the explanation is a bit long-winding but hope it answers your query. :)

Thank you for explanation :) which was very helpful.

I watched most of his films. Bungee Jumping of their Own (2001), The Harmonium in My Memory (1999), A Single Rider (2017) and The Fortress (2017) including Once in A Summer are my favourite films with him.

I will share my video collages in my instragram account and here.

Have a nice day to all.

Best,

• Like 7

LOL! The latest IG post probably explains the 1 finger gesture he's been showing.. ONCE MORE! One More Time! :lol:

esquire_bh.gif

Byunghun's throwback posts.. so far.. 

Mr.Sunshine checked2.jpg

Terminator Genisys checked2.jpg

I Come With The Rain checked2.jpg

IRIS checked2.jpg

The Good The Bad The Weird checked2.jpg

A Bittersweet Life checked2.jpg

All In checked2.jpg

• Like 5

Seems that BH is sharing fun with his wife LMJ thru instagram. LMJ said No more(or Stop), and BH is now asking one more time ( with hashtag #No more now )

Another BH's reading book in Millie's, coming soon. (Image from twitter AtlatusDeus twitter). 

The selfish gene by Richard Dawkins, this reading book will be released on Jan-21st on Millie with BH's voice. More than 40 years since this book was published, but I'm sure the book is still fresh esp. with BH reading it. I was thinking about dropping this service, but Millie knows how to keep customers.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the cute IG update of BH & MJ. So, he's aware what his wife was commenting every time.. and they had fun exchanging not-so-secret codes between them. :P Maybe.. "one more" could refer to another addition to the family.. :blush:

Millie sure has a good strategy to keep the customers coming.. ES, please don't drop the service, yet. It's interesting to note the updates and highlights about the books read by BH.

Photos: JMsolution // Gunwoo

jms_80.jpg

Anyone has this image without the writing on it? ;)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, garbolein77 said:

I’ve seen “I come with the rain” yesterday which was really terrible. Only positive thing was Byung’s performance. ☺️

A lot of people and critics feel the same way, too. I kinda lost focus of the film (if there's even any point of story) if it wasn't for BH's performance. The other co-stars were not as memorable.

Another movie that have the same impression.. would be 'Misconduct'.. it's obvious that they needed to have LBH in the movie, whether his role made sense or otherwise.

Anyway...

A nice mention of Keys to The Heart from the original article here. It became one of the movies that survived the Korean box office in 2018.

-- For several years the industry has been solidifying around these four major points on the calendar with increasingly more expensive fare, but as audiences grew tired of the familiar star-driven historical titles and action-dramas, the lucrative projects turned out to be the ones setting their sights on smaller demographics and quieter box office periods. The family drama Keys to the Heart was the first bright spot of the year in mid-January and was later followed by a slew of unexpected hits in the slow post-Lunar New Year months, as Little Forest, Be With You and GONJIAM: Haunted Asylum all performed far better than expected. As the year wore on, mid-range titles continued to surprise, with the action mystery-thriller The Witch : Part 1. The Subversion and The Accidental Detective 2: In Action boasting sturdy releases in June, the thriller The Witness pulling in solid audiences in August, followed by the success of the low-budget romantic title On Your Wedding Day at the end of the month. 

Clip: boogie_python87

Music added to JoHa's breakdancing :lol:

• Like 5