Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

user posted image

November 3, 2018

2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala - Arrivals

LOS ANGELES, CA - NOVEMBER 03: Actor Lee Byung-hun attends 2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala honoring Catherine Opie and Guillermo del Toro presented by Gucci at LACMA on November 3, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by David Livingston/Getty Images)

Clip: @fuyu_33

20181103_17.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, rubie said:

As far as we know, the only reason we found out was that Ruber is the Latin word for Ruby, the gemstone. Being the July gemstone, the Korean fans chose that name (they spelled it a bit different though) because Lee Byung Hun was born in July. So, Rubeurs is what the official fans call themselves.

For me, I used rubie as my soompi user ID because I was born in July as well. It's not my real name. I didn't know about Rubeurs back then, many years ago.. only that my birthdate is just a few days earlier than LBH's. ^_^

Thank you @rubie for your explanation. :blush:

• Like 4

Another new endorsement for Lee Byung Hun, good to see the variety of the commercials offered to him after MR.SUNSHINE :)

So far,

Just before Mr.Sunshine

1. Jaeger-LeCoultre (Luxury timepiece)

After Mr.Sunshine

2. GC Flu Vaccine (Health, narration with Kim Tae Ri)

3. Millie Library (Ebook apps with Byun Yo Han)

4. JMsolution (Cosmetics) 

5. Lifeplus (Finance)

Here's the TV CF (3 version) that was filmed in LA, during the trip after Venice ~

Published on November 5, 2018 by Lifeplus

To live better, Lifeplus (Life Plus) th_SMALLBLUET.gif

To live better, Lifeplus (Life Plus) _30s_A th_SMALLBLUET.gif

To live better, Lifeplus (Life Plus) _30s_B th_SMALLBLUET.gif

Photo: David Kang

Recently, I had the opportunity of working with #이병헌 on a project and just to see him act was truly an experience that will forever change the way I look at acting.

Spoiler

BH wearing similar suit and black shirt

• Like 4

This is interview article from Mr. Sunshine supporting actor/actresses that I posted on Mr Sunshine thread, where they mention about BH.

To start with, this is for the actor Choi Jin-ho who did the role of minister for foreign affair ).

From article http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809131630524110,

‘Mr. Sunshine’ Choi Jin-ho “Lee Byung-hun, Song Yoon-ah, Yeo Jin-goo are actors/actresses that amazed me with their actings”
[Newsen. Article by Kim Ye-eun/Photography by Lee Jae-ha]

He debuted in the drama ‘Splendid Holiday’, acting for more than 20 years. Working as supporting actors in various projects, with a lot of actors/actresses, Choi Jin-ho turned his thumbs up to Yeo Jin-Goo, Song Yoon-Ah and Lee Byung-Hun.'

He was an excellent villain in tvN weekend drama ‘Mr Sunshine’ coveting over main lead Eugene Choi’s mom. He was the reason that made Eugene Choi’s early life hell, and the one who got the worst payback from Eugene who came back to Joseon as American solider. Even though his character exited the show with death, his presence was quite intense.

201809131630524110_1.jpg

201809131630524110_2.jpg

Due to situation of his character, he acted long time with Lee Byung-hun who did the role of Eugene Choi. They also worked together in the movie ‘I saw the devil’. Newsen met him on Sept 13th, Choi Jin-ho mentioned the scene where Eugene Choi threatened Lee Sehoon with the sword, “About the sword scene, there are some who act with their emotion but only by themselves, but with Lee Byung hun I felt that I was being cared. There was a feeling of going up together. It is a great experience when you can feel the synergy and chemistry”

Lee Byung-Hun is one of the three actors/actresses that amazed him during his acting career. The other 2 are Yeo Jin-goo who did SBS drama ‘Daebak’ together, and Song Yoon-ah who did KBS 2TV drama ‘Assembly’.

He explained, ‘Actor Yeo Jin-goo acted really stable considering his age. I thought about my youth and whether I did that well. Song Yoon-ah is a top actress. Acting together, we as actors know. Feeling the chemistry that my feelings were delivered and then given back. Song Yoon-ah is one of those than can give feelings back well.”

He continued talk about ‘Mr Sunshine’. They worked for long time for ‘Mr Sunshine’ that the atmosphere in the site was nice. Choi Jinho explained the reason to Lee Eungbok’s style, who is the director of the drama. ‘Dir. Lee Eungbok doesn’t pressure the site. “And also, “Maybe it’s the trait of current shooting site. We’re suffering together anyways, so want to comfort each other.”

Was there any episode from the shooting site? In the drama Eugene Choi got his revenge on Lee Sehoon after knowing that he coveted his mother that led to death of his parents. He jumped over the sedan chair of Lee Sehoon with his horse. Lee Sehoon tumbled from his chair and fell to the muddy ground. About this scene he said “We dug up to make a small puddle but it was too dirty. I didn’t need to put my face, but I thought to make the scene more humiliating I should put my face in the puddle. Only thing is that after the scene I had to see eye doctor 4 times.”

tvN ‘Mr Sunshine’ will air on Sat/Sun 9 PM every week.

Newsen Kim Yeeun kimm@/LeeJae rush@

• Like 4

Interview article with Kim Byung-Cheol who did the character IlSik of haedrio brothers, from Korea Economic Newspaper(https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=015&aid=0004019684)

'Mr. Sunshine' Kim Byung-Cheol "Lee Byung-Hun eyes are great melo story teller... Such a magnificent actor" (Interview)

0004019684_001_20181002152528721.jpg?typ

Actor Kim Byung-Cheol revealed "I want to do a project where I can articulate thru my eyes just like Lee Byung-Hun sunbae".

When we met Kim Byung-Cheol in a cafe in Sungdonggu, Seoul on Oct 2nd, he was talking fascinating stories about Lee Byung-Hun's eyes. 

Since his debut in the 2003 movie 'Once Upon a Time in a Battlefield', Kim Byung-Cheol has been showing memorable performances in various movies, 'R-Point', 'Hwang Ji-Yi', 'GP506', 'Primvate Eye', 'Miss Wife', 'Musudan', 'The Discloser' and dramas like 'Descendants of the Sun', 'Shopping King Louie', 'Goblin', 'Tunnel', 'The Emperor: Owner of the Mask' .

In the recently ended drama 'Mr Sunshine', he performed a character of IlSik, who was the best slave tracker but lost his job suddenly due to abolition of slaves, turned to open pawn shop 'Haedrio' to become the most handy person in Hanseong.

Kim Byung-Cheol said "Eugene Choi(Lee Byung-Hun) didn't look at IlSik like he looked at Aeshin(Kim Tae-Ri) but because we acted along side, I watched his acting closely. There is Lee Byung-Hun sunbae's special style of feelings".

He praised Lee Byung-Hun's acting saying 'In drama, Eugene originally knew IlSik as only slave tracker, but later realized that IlSik saved him and that's important experience for Eugene. When I watched the edit, I was able to read character(Eugene)'s emotional changes from Lee Byung-Hun's eyes. He is a really great actor."

He also added "I too want to do melo-drama that I can use such eye expression".

Kim Byung-Cheol will return in the JTBC drama 'Skycastle' in coming November.

김예랑 한경닷컴 기자 yesrang@hankyung.com
기사제보 및 보도자료 newsinfo@hankyung.com

• Like 5

The Making Film of the Millie Ebook Apps with BYH. What a truly funny and happy clip! :lol:

Published on November 4, 2018 by 밀리의 서재

Unlimited friendship indeed!

Hello 304.. See you, 303 :lol:

millie_fm_1.gif

millie_fm_3.gif

• Like 5

One of the scene in the making that made me laugh out loud is this scene.

millie_fm_2.gif

captions are, 

Who.. who is it? (heart thumping...)

Brother! what are you doing there..?!?

It is definitely derivation(or homage?) of this scene from movie La boum. 

This french movie was a debut movie for Sophie Marceau  and made her one of the most popular actress for every teenage boys in Korea, in 80s.

For BH and BYH scene, all the flower petals and both of them laughing out loud right after. Another loveline win for BYH? but he's escaping so fast after monitoring! 

• Like 4

Soon to happen BH appearance in TV. (from this article http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201811071011460410)

O tvN premium lecture show (Just happend? or No way I'm an adult.. not sure about the english title of this show.) will show martial art director Jeong DooHong's lecture for movie people special 2nd episode. He's been in the field for 30  years. 

The show will air on 8:40 PM and 12:20 PM on Nov. 7th. In the show, Jeong DooHong will tell us story of his 30 years as martial artist/director.

201811071011460410_4.jpg

Lee Byung-Hun who worked with him G.I. Joe 2 and actor Park SungWoong who's 1st graduate of action school will tell behind stories and support messages.

In the movie G.I. Joe 2, dir Jeong DooHong did stunt double and action coordinator for actor Lee Byung-Hun. LBH said that during the shooting, right-footed JDH did a lot of practice to match left-footed BH. JDH's action surprised all the staffs in the site. LBH joked that now that he got to his age, he should take care considering his age.

Unfortunately, tving is not accessible from where I am. Hopefully some kind angel will give us clips.

• Like 4

Thank you so much @mistymorning for the news gist and cool CF highlight, and especially for sharing with us excellent interview articles of MR.SUNSHINE cast in regards to Lee Byung Hun. We can never thank you enough and hopefully you'll never stop spoiling us, too. th_no2.gif

The La Boum tidbit th_music003.gif.. could it be that BYH was embarrassed and feeling bashful watching the scene with LBH, it's like getting his 'loveline with Eugene' wish fulfilled. :P Or perhaps, they had ad-libbed through the scene as BH often does that. Totally a hilarious happy moment by the two actors. Hope they will release the actual CFs soon.. now that the filming footage has whet our anticipation.

Good to see that despite his hectic schedule, Lee Byung Hun is involved in a show highlighting the martial arts director Jung Do Hong. It's actually most fitting for him to be involved as they started working together in A Bittersweet Life, then in GBW and ISTD. JDH is definitely an important person in Dir. Kim Ji Woon's movie crew, without him.. all the action is no-go, obviously. With that close bond and good working relationship, LBH & JDH went to film GI Joe, it's an awesome boost for Korean film industry having the actor-stunt combo working together in Hollywood, they made the Storm Shadow action scenes so realistically cool as it should be. I remember the clip of them sharing their filming day off in NOLA. BH was cooking pancakes for his 'hyung' JDH.. just so heartwarming to watch. I can't pull out the clip right now as ELBH is down for awhile because of technical glitch. Hopefully, the clip is still there.. suddenly wanted to watch it again. Rare treat, indeed.

Speaking of stunts, found this clip shared on IG.. LBH doing his own stunts on the rooftop during MR.SUNSHINE sniper scene. He's already quite used to the wire action scenes, having done MOTS especially. Too bad the movie's high-wire action got eclipsed by poor plot and pacing instead..

Clip: el_kiyowo_lbh

• Like 3

Another great interview translated by @mistymorning at MR.SUNSHINE thread th_tq.gif

From Lee Jung-Eun(Haman daek) interview from StarNews(https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002733005)

'Mr Sunshine' Lee Jung-Eun "Lee Byung-Hun, he's even better actor on site" (Interview)

0002733005_001_20181008164524269.jpg?typ

Actress Lee Jung-Eun(49) revealed her thoughts on her co-actors Lee Byung-Hun and Ji Sung in different dramas.

During the interview with Lee Jung-Eun in cafe in Gangnam Gu Seoul on 8th, she left lovely comments about Lee Byung-Hun from tvn Sat/Sun drama 'Mr Sunshine' and Ji Sung from Wed/Thur drama 'Familiar Wife'.

Lee Jung-Eun made us laugh when we talked about Lee Byung-Hun who is about same age with LJE, saying that "Actually, I'm 1 year older than him". She also said "Byung-hun ssi actually has soft baby facial hair. I said "Your mom bore a great son." When I told him "You're just so handsome" he just gave a laugh."

0002733005_002_20181008164524323.jpg?typ

Working on Mr. sunshine she said she got a lot of calls from her friends asking for her impression of working with Lee Byung-Hun. “As an actor working together he is even better in site than watching on screen. He really prepared well before the shooting”

Lee Jung-Eun also talked about Ji-Sung who she acted together in 'Familiar wife'. "Ji Sung ssi is great too. I had a fondness for him as an mother-in-law. Maybe due to long experience in working in the field, they both are very kind people. I guess the "All-In" teams are all doing well."

Lee Jung-Eun acted as a nanny/guardian of lady Go Aeshin(Kim Tae-Ri) . Also, in recently ended drama 'Familiar wife', she was the mother of female lead Seo WooJin(Han JiMin), loved by viewers.

한해선 기자 hhs422@mtstarnews.com

• Like 4

14 hours ago, mistymorning said:

Soon to happen BH appearance in TV. (from this article http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201811071011460410)

O tvN premium lecture show (Just happend? or No way I'm an adult.. not sure about the english title of this show.) will show martial art director Jeong DooHong's lecture for movie people special 2nd episode. He's been in the field for 30  years. 

The show will air on 8:40 PM and 12:20 PM on Nov. 7th. In the show, Jeong DooHong will tell us story of his 30 years as martial artist/director.

Lee Byung-Hun who worked with him G.I. Joe 2 and actor Park SungWoong who's 1st graduate of action school will tell behind stories and support messages.

In the movie G.I. Joe 2, dir Jeong DooHong did stunt double and action coordinator for actor Lee Byung-Hun. LBH said that during the shooting, right-footed JDH did a lot of practice to match left-footed BH. JDH's action surprised all the staffs in the site. LBH joked that now that he got to his age, he should take care considering his age.

Unfortunately, tving is not accessible from where I am. Hopefully some kind angel will give us clips.

Thanks to the fans' highlight in twitter, the clips have been uploaded by tvN. Hope they won't take these videos down too soon, like they did with the drama clips. 

Published on November 7, 2018 by O tvN

JustHappened 181107 EP.158

• Like 4

Found it! The NOLA clip feat. LBH vs JDH. The website ELBH is still down but the clip is already on Youtube, via our TimelessLBH channel. Silly rubie!bricks.gif

So, here it is..

Published on April 3, 2013 by TimelessLBH

And here's Storm Shadow on pancake duty pancake.gif

bh_pancake.gif

• Like 4

Posted by Lee Byung Hun's manager on IG. One of his tags (in Korean) mentioned this movie. I think it makes sense since this is a political-based movie. Not sure if they are still filming or almost done over there.

Source: Young.H.Choi

Beautiful Morning in Washington DC

Previously, in LA, they visited the HBO Office and United Talent Agency, LBH's agent.
  • Like 3

November 8, 2018

[VIDEO NEWS] Universities attended by famous actors and directors.

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

1) No.5: Korea National University of Arts 

2) Actor Lee Jae-hun, who brought us all to tears with his stunning performance as a passive boy in ‘Architecture 101’ and whose on-screen chemistry with Nah Mun-hee in ‘I Can Speak’ is palpable, graduated from K’Arts. 

3) Park so-dam, perhaps best remembered for his iconic demonic possession in ‘The priests,’ and Kim Dong-uk, whose use of sign language in ‘Along with Gods’ surely emptied many a tissue box, also both graduated from K’Arts. Both majored in Acting.

4) Lee Jeong-beom, who directed the seminal ‘The Man from Nowhere,’ also graduated from K’Arts. He majored in directing.

5) No.4: Hanyang University

6) Screen idols Seol Kyung-goo and Lee Kyung-young, famous for their stirring performances in a number of films, graduated from Hanyang.

7) Hanyang’s Erica Campus is also known for producing famous actors and directors. The school ranks as high as No. 8.

8) Lee Byung-hun, who starred in six movies, all of which make top 100 Korean films list, graduated from Hanyang’s Erica Campus. Lee majored in French Literature.

9) Kang Dong-won also graduated from the Erica Campus with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

10) Director Na Hong-jin, famous for ‘The Chaser’ and ‘The Wailing,’ majored in Plastic Arts at the same university before studying Directing at K’Arts.

11) No.3: Dongguk University.

12) Actor Choi Min-sik who works tirelessly entered this University’s acting department in 1981.

13) Three of his films, ‘Roaring Currents’, ‘Nameless Gangster: Rules of Time’ and ‘New World,’ made the top 100 Korean films list.

14) The ever-cool Lee Jung-jae, famous for his portrayal of villainous characters, was a junior student of Choi Min-sik’s. 

15) Jeon Ji-hyun and Kim Hye-su, who also starred in ‘Thieves,’ also graduated from Dongguk. 

16) The late Kim Ju-hyeok, famous for ‘Confidential Assignment’ and ‘Believer,’ is also a Dongguk alumnus.

17) No.2: Chung-Ang University.

18) Both actor Ha Jeong-woo, who starred in 12 top 100 Korean movies, and his best friend, Director Yun Jong-bin, are Chung-Ang University alumni. Their friendship, transcending academic ties, has lead Ha to star in a number of Yun’s films.

19) Their films together include ‘KUNDO: Age of the Rampant’ and ‘Beastie Boys’. 

20) But which university ranked first?

21) No.1: Seoul Arts University.

22) Hwang Jeong-min, Yoo Hae-jin, Ryu Seung-ryong and Kim Meong-min are all alumni of Seoul Arts University.

23) Director Kim Ji-wun, perhaps most famous for his ‘The good, the bad and the weird,’ is yet another alumnus. 

24) As is Han Je-rim, who directed ‘The Face Reader’ and ‘The King’.

25) Let’s recap:

26) When it comes to the Yonsei University and Korea University box office rivalry, Yonsei University emerges as the clear winner. 

27) Kim Han-min, who directed ‘Roaring Currents,’ Lee Yong-ju, the director of ‘Architecture 101’ and Bong Jun-ho are all graduates from Yonsei University. 

28) Korea University has but two directors with films that hit the ten million audience range. 

29) Directors Yang woo-suk, who directed ‘Steel Rain’ and ‘The Lawyer’ Director, and Yun Jae-gyun both studied at Korea University. The former majored in English Literature and the latter in Economics. 

30) Seoul National University wasn’t far behind at No.7.

31) Directors Lee Jae-gyu, who directed ‘Damo’ and ‘The Fatal Encounter,’ and Hwang Dong-hyeok, who directed ‘The Fortress’ and ‘Miss Granny,’ both majored in Media & Communications at Seoul National University.

32) Director Jang Hun of ‘The Taxi Driver’ and Director Jo Sung-hee who made ‘A Werewolf Boy,’ both majored in Art at the same school.

33) But let’s not forget…

34) Song Gang-ho, Kim Yun-seok and Zo Zin-woong all are from Busan. 

Video sourced from JoongAng Ilbo
Video produced by Lee Kyung-eun, Kim Han-sol and Yeo Yun-ha
Translated by Chung Yu-soo
Edited by Liam Reily

erica_1.jpg

erica_2.jpg

erica_3.jpg

• Like 5