Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aatu

Yankee-kun To Megane-chan

^

Thanks for the head up!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Those two chapters were soo awesome! XD I wanted to die of laughter so many times.

Shinagawa is sooo idiotic! I actually got a little frustrated as well. What kinda of idiot can't tell that those two girls are the same person?!!! XD

Anyways, I guess Mahou-X hasn't dropped it but are just translating slowly. But seeing when they released these chapters, I bet they were busy with school or something and maybe now they will release a bit faster? At least during this winter break? These are just speculations- but yay! We know for sure it wasn't dropped. :)

GREEN LIGHT FOR YANKEE AND MEGANE LIVE ACTION, APRIL 23!

Found this on MangaFox:

This year's 13th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine has announced on Wednesday that a live-action television adaptation of Miki Yoshikawa's Yankee-kun to Megane-chan manga has been green-lit. Actor Hiroki Narimiya (Gokusen, Akihabara @ DEEP, NANA) will play the title "Yankee-kun" (delinquent) Daichi Shinagawa, while Riisa Naka (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Kami no Shizuku) will play the eyeglasses-wearing, overachieving "Megane-chan" or Hana Adachi. The television series will premiere on April 23.

In Yankee-kun to Megane-chan's story, class representative Hana goes all out to drag Daichi into school activities and their high school's social circles. Daichi learns that Hana was secretly a former delinquent herself, and that is why she tries so hard to reform Daichi as well.

The manga launched in Weekly Shonen Magazine in October of 2006, and the 16th compiled book volume will ship next month. The manga has also been published in Singapore under the English title Flunk Punk Rumble.

Source: animenewsnetwork.com

OMG! YAAAAY! YAAAAY!!!! A new season Ookiku Furikabutte and live action of Yankee?! I'm going to be in heaven~ :D

Yanmega_Chart.jpg

i like the guy who'll play Izumi Gaku~

and the newest characters in the manga... ch 68-72 they're so... fun!

EDIT: hahaha i didn't know the pic could do that. now i know what hot link means~

^

Oh wow! Thank you for reminding me that the live action is coming up!

Look at this promo picture!

620px-Yankeemegane.jpg

Soo cool!

The guy who plays Izumi is Hongo Kanata and yeah he's cute. X3

HongoKanata.jpg

But its gonna be crazy fun seeing him act like a delinquent!

Oh you can see everyone here: (including the Izumi guy with glasses!)

Yanmega_Chart.jpg

Eee! All of the student council looks cool!

I cannot wait for this!!! :D

I watched the 1st few couple of episodes of the live-action. And I thought it was good, so I started the manga. I was really curious when I read in the live-action thread when fans of the manga said "I hope they show the scenes where Adachi leans over the top of the bathroom stalls and watches Daichi go the bathroom". Now I understand what they mean. It never gets old!

And I have to say, hands down, the manga is amazing. I don't know what it is, maybe its the wacky humor, but its funny. Not common funny, but its the little things and the little ways things are said in the manga, its funny!

I watched the 1st few couple of episodes of the live-action. And I thought it was good, so I started the manga. I was really curious when I read in the live-action thread when fans of the manga said "I hope they show the scenes where Adachi leans over the top of the bathroom stalls and watches Daichi go the bathroom". Now I understand what they mean. It never gets old!

And I have to say, hands down, the manga is amazing. I don't know what it is, maybe its the wacky humor, but its funny. Not common funny, but its the little things and the little ways things are said in the manga, its funny!

AHHH! I'm so glad you liked it! :D I love it too~ it never fails to make me just burst out laughing. <3 I never get tired of it either. :)

goshh, i LOVE this manga. i stopped reading this a while back since it was taking so long to be released, but now i've caught up and i'm loving it again! so damn funny! wish they would make an anime of it, live action was okay, but animeeeee =o= lol this has got to be one of my top five mangas!

Ah! Thanks for reminding me to check the new releases for the manga. 6 new chapters since I last read it! Yay! I can't believe how the story is progressing. :) I know there are about 19 volumes released in Japan and still ongoing. And the scanlated chapters are by Volume 12 or 13? But since they are already in their final year of HS in the scanalated chapters, I wonder if the story progresses beyond their graduation from HS? Anyway, it's a really awesome story! Still makes me laugh all the time. :)

And I finally saw the last episode of the drama yesterday. Abrupt ending but I still enjoyed it. :) It was really cute. It made me wonder how Shinagawa is going to realize in the manga that Megane-chan = girl who he likes from the entrance exam.