Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

In this JIS says that he normally only does one project a year.

Cha Tae Hyun And Jo In Sung Talk About Filming Their New Variety Show + Park Bo Young Calls In To Calls In To Share Her Experience As A Guest

Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung shared insights into their new variety show!

On February 18, the tvN show “Unexpected Business” held a live broadcast ahead of its premiere. Directed by Yoo Ho Jin and Yoon In Hee, “Unexpected Business” stars Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung as two “city men” who suddenly find themselves the owners of a supermarket in the countryside.

The pair managed a supermarket located in the province of Gangwon, and the market includes everything its customers could want, including a hardware store. “I wondered if such a store might still exist today, but the place that we went to was such a good fit that it was fun and felt fresh and new,” said Cha Tae Hyun. “I think it’s entertaining in a fresh way, to the point that young people will watch it and say, ‘What’s that?'” He added with a laugh, “Although I did worry because young people these days might not know who we are.”

Jo In Sung shared the reason that he decided to be a fixed cast member on a variety show for the first time. “There’s a movie that I’ve filmed, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I’ve had to greet fans later than I’d wanted,” he said. “I usually try to do one project each year, but since it’s gone on longer, I was wondering if there was a way that I could greet my fans comfortably. Then I happened to be talking to Tae Hyun, and he suggested that we give it a shot. I thought that I could go for it if I were doing it with him.”

Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung are known as close friends, and Cha Tae Hyun said about the actor, “I think everyone will be surprised when they watch. He does all sorts of things, including slapstick and old-fashioned jokes. It’s incredible.” On Cha Tae Hyun, Jo In Sung said, “He’s definitely different. I haven’t been on variety shows much, so when I saw the way Tae Hyun acts on variety, I admired him a lot.”

jo-in-sung-cha-tae-hyun2-e1613668127954.

The pair shared that Cha Tae Hyun had been manning the checkout counter at the store while Jo In Sung had been in charge of food. While Jo In Sung insisted that he hadn’t done much actual cooking, Cha Tae Hyun said that he’d become well known as “Chef Jo.” He added, “His main dish was snow crab ramyun. All of the food that In Sung made was a hit.”

On the possibility of a second season, Cha Tae Hyun commented that lately shows tend to have multiple seasons if they do well. When asked if he’d want to work with Jo In Sung again on a potential next season, Cha Tae Hyun said he’d bring him. He then made everyone laugh when he said, “But to give a bit of a spoiler, he said at the end that he couldn’t do it with this format. We’d have to change the format a bit.”

Park Bo Young was the first guest to join the pair to film the show, and she took part in the live broadcast via a phone call and cheered the pair on. “To be honest, at first they contacted me and told me to come have a meal and then leave,” she said. “But then it was a part-time job. I was surprised because there was no cash register or anything like that.” Jo In Sung said, “Bo Young had the hardest time.”

“It was difficult but I had fun,” said Park Bo Young. “At the same time, I was worried about whether I was doing a good job at making it entertaining, since the show needs to be fun. I really did my best at the work.” She added, “I did laugh too but I also felt touched. I think when you all watch it, you’ll experience a lot feelings. There are many guests, not just me, so please show the program a lot of love.”

Lastly, Cha Tae Hyun said, “There’s something that I’m personally looking forward to. Variety shows usually have a one-off aspect to them. But I think ‘Unexpected Business’ is like one big project. If you watch from the first episode to the finale, you’ll see people make repeated appearances. We develop relationships, and a completely unexpected situation occurs in the end. It was like a drama without a script. I think it’s really a kind of variety show that’s never existed before.”

Jo In Sung shared, “I’m not sure what the program will be like, but I think we did it honestly. Sometimes I wondered if it was a variety show or a human documentary, and sometimes it seemed like a drama or movie too. It’s a project that has a lot of different genres and feelings to it.”

“Unexpected Business” will premiere on February 25 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455141wpp/cha-tae-hyun-and-jo-in-sung-talk-about-filming-their-new-variety-show-park-bo-young-calls-in-to-share-her-experience-as-a-guest

• Awesome 1

latest from Parkland S/S 21

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLTqiMqjG69/

latest JIS and Mccafe

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLZz2f3JVTX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

From same instagram account. It included a tweet from December that says moving is to broadcast in first half of 2022. Maybe why we haven't gotten any new update for a while on that drama

This could be why Cha Tae Hyun was reviewing a drama in December. Latest news was a few days ago where  Jinyoung was apparently in talks to star in rom com drama with Cha Tae Hyun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIl5bYBpDaD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Awesome 1

@ElectricHearts yup, love that photo of him

spacer.png

@sofiabelle indeed, he's an amazing actor and model. And soon variety show host :)  

Cha Tae Hyun & Jo In Sung put a star-studded lineup of guests to work at a small convenience store in tvN's new 'Unexpected Business' preview

tvN's upcoming new Thursday night variety 'Unexpected Business' has released a 6-minute highlight teaser ahead of its premiere later this month!

In tvN's 'Unexpected Business', longtime friends Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung decide to open up a small convenience store in the town of Hwachun, Gangwon-do. However, the two owners soon learn that managing a convenience store is no easy task!

As a result, the two actors decide to enlist the help of a jaw-dropping, star-studded lineup of guests, who will be employed as errand-runners, dish-washers, part-time servers, cooks, and more! Some of the stars shown in the highlight teaser include: Park Bo Young, Yoon Si Yoon, Kim Jae Hwa, pro-golfer Park In Bi, Nam Joo Hyuk, Jo Bo Ah, Park Byung Eun, and more!

Fans can look forward to the fun and wild stories from a small convenience store run by two top-actor managers, when tvN's 'Unexpected Business' premieres on February 25 at 8:40 PM KST!

• Like 2

*** Nam Joo Hyuk will be the guest in the tvN show, "Unexpected Business".  He is probably supporting his hyung (Jo In Sung) whom he became close to after starring in Ansi Fortress together. :Twerkdatbutt:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Jo In Sung with Nam Joo Hyuk

restmb_jhidxmake.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Jo In-sung, a face genius and a cooking genius?

spacer.png

In "Unexpected Business," Jo In-sung introduced king crab ramen to captivate Cha Tae-hyun's taste.

Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who are preparing for business in Hwacheon, Gangwon Province, were depicted on tvN's entertainment program "Unexpected Business," which first aired on the 25th.

They personally visited the market to shop for the ingredients. Jo In-sung, who finished preparing the ingredients, cooked king crab ramen at a restaurant. His king crab ramen had clams, snow crabs, and scallions, boasting an appetizing visual at a glance.

Cha Tae-hyun, who tasted it, said, "The noodles are delicious. "The ramen itself is clean and cool," he said. "It's amazing."

Meanwhile, tvN's "Unexpected Business" is Jo In-sung's first fixed appearance in a variety show 23 years since his debut.

http://www.sporbiz.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=513062

spacer.png

https://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111528247

• Like 2

Jo In-sung became the model of 'Rankingdak' 

spacer.png

Actor Jo In-sung was selected as the exclusive model by Rankingdak, a platform specializing in chicken breast. 

Platform Rankingdak, which has chicken breast brands and sells chicken breast and simple food, said it has selected actor Jo In-sung as its exclusive model this year. 

"We judged that Jo In-sung's image, which shows healthy and reliable self-management consistently, fits well with Rankingdak," an official said.

Rankingdak will provide consumers with guidelines for healthy product choices with rankingdak functions and content as well as various benefits in line with this year's campaign's slogan of "Rankingdak has an answer." 

Rankingdak said it will conduct active promotional activities with Jo In-sung, who was selected as the model this time through new campaign videos and various promotional activities.

"Rankingdak, which presents delicious and healthy products for men, women, and children, and Jo In-sung, who is loved by various age groups, are expected to have a good synergy effect," a Rankingdak official said.

http://www.segyebiz.com/newsView/20210226504664?OutUrl=naver

spacer.png

• Like 1

"Unexpected Business" received positive reviews for its premiere, as it recorded a rating of 4.1% nationwide for households with one-time paid platform, according to Nielsen Korea.

https://www.atstar1.com/view.php?uid=202102261426364410

Episode 2 teaser

Jo In-sung, who just happened to be the boss, discovered something new

Actor Jo In-sung successfully held his first fixed entertainment show in 23 years since his debut. It is through tvN's new entertainment program 'Unexpected Business".

"Unexpected Business" (directed by Ryu Ho-jin and Yoon In-hoe) is a reality entertainment show about the challenges of urban men who suddenly took charge of everything in the countryside. In the first episode, which aired on the 25th, the story of Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who accidentally became bosses on behalf of a supermarket owner in Wonwon-ri, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do, who went on vacation for 10 days, caught the attention of viewers.

On the same day, the two showed their flustered appearance as new bosses, drawing laughter. They were surprised by the overflowing work of maggots, vending machines, liquor orders, food sales, etc. As they didn't know how to get a bus ticket, they asked the bus company directly.

In particular, Jo In-sung showed off his extraordinary cooking skills by being in charge of cooking and selling food. In addition to drying the muktae and trimming the snow crabs, he also drew attention by making egg soup without cooking rice. When Cha Tae-hyun asked him, "In Sung, our entertainment show has no laughing point, right?" Jo In Sung replied, "There is no laughing point right now," suggesting that he has adapted to reality entertainment. 

In addition, Jo In-sung showed his humorous side by looking at the liver of the food he made and saying, "It's so delicious that I'm in trouble?" which made him feel a new charm that he had never seen in movies or dramas. The friendly appearance, such as asking employees for the location of necessary items in person, was not "actor Jo In-sung" but "human Jo In-sung" itself.

His chemistry with Cha Tae-hyun, his best friend for 20 years, also shone. When Cha Tae-hyun said, "Insung, shouldn't you come and see this kind of place with your girlfriend?" Jo In-sung replied, "It's past this year," giving a big laugh. In addition, Jo In-sung, who is busy making food for the customers who suddenly rushed to the restaurant, and Cha Tae-hyun, who is serving, gave a lot of fun.

Jo In-sung gave freshness with his simple charm. Attention is being paid to what more hidden images he will show through the remaining episodes.

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/curationView.html?idxno=142089

• Like 1

Zo In-sung's first reality show, 'Unexpected Business,' off to good start

TvN's new reality show, "Unexpected Business," starring actors Zo In-sung and Cha Tae-hyun, scored a 4.1 percent viewership rating Thursday. Courtesy of tvN

Actor Zo In-sung's reality show debut with tvN's new program, "Unexpected Business," got off to a good start.

The show's premiere on Thursday scored a 4.1 percent viewership rating nationwide and 4.4 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

Set in a small, rural town, the show is about two friends ― actors Zo and Cha Tae-hyun ― running a supermarket for 10 days. Producer Yoo Ho-jin, who worked with Cha several times, including for the popular variety show, "2 Days & 1 Night," partnered with the actor once again.

The first episode showed the two stars preparing to take over the business and familiarizing themselves with the small town neighborhood. When opening day came around, it didn't take long for the novice shop owners to run into trouble, as they placed orders and rang up products.

spacer.png

The program was highly anticipated after being promoted as the first reality show for Zo, who is an actor with 23 years of showbiz experience under his belt. It was his first appearance in front of a camera since his 2018 action movie, "The Great Battle."

Zo said he decided to take on the new challenge thanks to Cha, who is an old friend.

"I usually try to take part in at least one project every one to two years, but the latest [hiatus] was longer than expected. So I was looking for something fun," Zo said during an online promotional event for the show, Feb. 18.

"Then, Cha asked me if I wanted to join him. I felt like I could take a stab at it (the reality shows) if I were to do it with him."

Zo debuted as a model in 1998 and made his way into acting with a lead role in the hit teen series, "Hakgyo 3," in 2000. He has starred in various TV series and films, including the melodrama, "That Winter, the Wind Blows," (2013) and the romance series, "It's Okay, That's Love" (2014).

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/02/398_304690.html

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.rankingdak.com/

• Like 1

Looks like Jo In Sung is "confirmed" to work with Ryu Seung Wan again - the story is currently developing. Latest news on Naver: - no official confirmation from agency yet. 

[Exclusive] Kim Hye-Soo, Yeom Jung-ah, Jo In Sung, Park Jung-min, Ryu Seung-wan complete the luxury lineup of'Smuggling' [Comprehensive]

0002937129_001_20210305090719641.jpg?type=w430Original view

Kim Hye-soo, Yeom Jung-ah, Jo In-sung, and Park Jung-min are in sync with Ryu Seung-wan's new work'Smuggling'.

Kim Hye-soo, Yeom Jung-ah, Jo In Sung, and Park Jung-min are united in the new work'Smuggling' (tentative title) by Ryu Seung-wan.

According to the film industry on the 5th, Jo In-sung and Park Jung-min recently decided to appear in'Smuggler' by Ryu Seung-wan and are adjusting the details. Jo In-seong has a relationship again following Ryu Seung-wan's'Mogadishu', and Park Jung-min is the first time with director Ryu Seung-wan.

'Smuggling' is a film that depicts the dark struggles surrounding smuggling. Earlier, Kim Hye-soo and Yeom Jung-ah decided to appear as the two-top protagonists of'Smuggling'. Jo In-sung and Park Jung-min are the main characters and plan to lead the play with Kim Hye-soo and Yeom Jeong-ah.

'Smuggler' is a film directed by Ryu Seung-wan after'Mogadishu'. Director Ryu Seung-wan finished filming'Mogadishu' in Morocco with Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-seong, Heo Jun-ho, and others in the early last year. As it was just before the Corona 19 pandemic, all filming was completed safely and post-production in Korea has been carried out. Initially,'Mogadishu' was scheduled to show off as a Lotte Entertainment tent polo last summer, but it was postponed due to the aftermath of Corona 19. Accordingly, director Ryu Seung-wan did not wait for the release of'Mogadishu' and immediately started preparing for a new work, completed the'Smuggling' scenario and started preparing for shooting. 'Smuggler' received attention from inside and outside the film industry because it was a two-top female two-top film released in 20 years after director Seung-wan Ryu's two-top female two-top action film'No Blood and Tears' starring Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Hye-young in 2002. In a Korean commercial film, an actress in her 50s plays the two-top main character, ' This is the first time'smuggling'. 'Smuggling' is a new challenge for director Ryu Seung-wan in the Korean film industry, where male actors in their 20s and 50s are usually starring.

It is said that Jo In-sung and Park Jung-min decided to appear for such a'smuggling' because of their trust in director Ryu Seung-wan and the production company's outer oil lumen, faith in the scenario, and respect for Kim Hye-soo and Yeom Jeong-ah.

With the prolonged corona 19 incident, the current Korean film industry faced a difficult situation to shoot new films. This is because investor companies are reluctant to invest in new movies as sales did not generate as more than 100 Korean commercial films were unable to be released. Therefore, most of the films that go into production this year are those of great masters or those with clear commercial points. Many production companies are also turning to OTT series production instead of movies.

That is why the film industry is paying attention to what kind of consequences of director Ryu Seung-wan's new challenge'smuggling' will result.

'Smuggler' is scheduled to start shooting in June after finishing the casting work

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/movie/article/108/0002937129

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 2:56 AM, syntyche said:

Rankingdak x Jo In Sung tvc

Reveal hidden contents

@syntyche, thanks for sharing the videos. I've tried Korean Rankingdak, which uses low-fat and high-protein chicken breast, which is wrapped with fresh Korean chicken breast and onions, leeks, scallions and other fillings. It is nutritious.  I feel full after eating it. The taste includes the original flavor, kimchi and ribs. I had the ribs flavor. I usually place it in a microwave oven for 3 minutes to reheat, or steam it in water for 8 minutes. That's it!  :smort:

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote videos. Thanks !
  • Awesome 1

*** I'm always a proud fan of JIS! I've liked CTH, too ever since - RAIN & him are buddies! Heartwarming & encouraging words are important. I hope to see JIS & PBY together in the future thru dramas. They have never worked together yet.  :hahah!:

****************************************************************************************************

Park Bo Young Shares Touching Stories Of Times She Was Helped By Cha Tae Hyun And Jo In Sung

c0c8ff9b879046a697e82393d0427374.jpeg?s=

Park Bo Young spoke about times she was encouraged and helped by Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung.

The new variety program “Unexpected Business” features Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung running a supermarket in the countryside, and they invited their celebrity friends to join them as fellow workers.

Park Bo Young’s guest appearance continued on the March 11 episode, and she told some stories about the two stars as they sat together over dinner.

Park Bo Young went on to talk about a time that Jo In Sung gave her comforting advice. “When I was going through a really hard time, I was spacing out while looking at a tree,” she shared. “I said to him, ‘Why am I weak? Why does my mind sway?’ He replied, ‘How old do you think that tree is? Its roots must be so far down in the ground. Even that tree sways in the wind, so isn’t it natural that a person’s mind would sway too?'” She said that she’d found it so encouraging that she’d written it in her diary, reminding herself not to forget it.

Jo In Sung also said, “When I was a rookie, I met Cha Tae Hyun in front of a broadcast station. He was a really big star.

He said to me, ‘Let’s get a drink together,’ and then he really actually did call me.”

jo-in-sung-cha-tae-hyun-park-bo-young.jp

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

*** So NICE & kind of JIS for giving Park Bo Young hope in the past. :issohappy:  The fact that they were not that close yet  because they never worked together. But, those words from him left a great impression on her. So COOL on her that she wrote them down on her diary thus, she never forgotten it.  :heart:

MORE - Photos

201529104_1280.jpg

201529105_1280.jpg

photos source : SBS Star

• Awesome 1

spacer.png

The ratings of the entertainment show "Unexpected Business" starring actors Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung have risen.

According to Nielsen Korea's tally on the 12th, the viewer ratings of tvN's entertainment show "Unexpected Business" aired on the 11th exceeded an average of 6.5% (based on cable, IPTV, satellite-integrated paid platforms, below the same), 5.6% and 7.0% for two consecutive weeks. 

In the case of tvN's target male and female 2049 ratings, it broke the past record with an average of 4.2% and a maximum of 5.4%, and the national average of 3.5% and a maximum of 4.4%, ranking first in the same time slot for three consecutive weeks. 

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111537542

@willenette, JIS chose well being an ambassador of Rankingdak!

I also admire him giving that insightful advice to PBY, when they haven't even worked together yet. Hopefully we get to see them together in another project!

Actor Jo In-sung is capturing women's hearts with his warm and caring aura

In "Unexpected Business," Jo In-sung is showing his true self and showing his various strong charms. The consideration and warmth for the people around him, passion for work and life values are drawing a lot of support and love from viewers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0015650828&code=61181111&cp=nv

'Unexpected Business', hits the highest ratings with 7.2%

"Unexpected Business" has broken its own highest ratings.

The ratings of the fourth episode of tvN's entertainment show which aired on the afternoon of the 18th, averaged 6.0 percent and up to 7.2 percent based on households in the Seoul metropolitan area. Nationwide household ratings surpassed an average of 5.7% and a maximum of 6.6%, breaking their own record for three consecutive weeks.

The men's and women's 2049 ratings, which are targeted for tvN, also hit their own highs with an average of 3.6 percent and up to 4.3 percent across the country, ranking No. 1 in the same time slot for the fourth consecutive week. (Cable, IPTV, satellite integrated pay platform standard / provided by Nielsen Korea)

https://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2021&no=262138&refer=portal

Cha Tae-hyun X Jo In-sung's "Unexpected Business" broke its own ratings for four consecutive weeks. They've got a lot of chemistry.

The viewership of tvN's "Unexpected Business" episode, which aired at 8:40 p.m. on the 25th, recorded an average of 6.5 percent and a maximum of 7.9 percent based on households in the metropolitan area. The nation's household ratings averaged 5.9% and up to 6.9%, breaking their own highest ratings for four consecutive weeks. 

spacer.png

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202103260100204210013124&servicedate=20210326

Jo In-sung of "Unexpected Business" proves his sincerity + deep consideration in every episode

Jo In-sung received a series of favorable reviews from viewers for his professional appearance.

"Chef Jo" is praised for showing his responsibility for getting food ingredients as well as his relaxed and skillful hands from cooking to serving.

In each episode, the charm of human Jo In-sung is shown with a sincere and honest look, and in this broadcast, he proved his true value of professionalism by fulfilling his responsibilities under any circumstances.

spacer.png

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202103264630I

• Love 1