Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

On 6/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, syntyche said:

‘Escape from Mogadishu’ Jo In Sung Says Kim Yoon Seok Helped Him Discover New Things About His Character

Jo In Sung challenged a new character through the movie Escape from Mogadishu.

Escape from Mogadishu depicts details of the perilous escape attempt made by North and South Korean embassies stranded during the conflict during the Somali Civil War in the 1990s. For the film, Jo In Sung joined hands with director Ryu Seung Wan and actor Kim Yoon Seok for the first time.

Counselor Kang Dae Jin, played by Jo In Sung, is a former agent of ANSP (Agency for National Security Planning) who was dispatched to the Korean embassy in Somalia. His main job is to monitor and manage the staff. He is a smart person who knows when to cooperate even while closely keeping an eye on them.

But his charm shines more in a desperate situation. When everyone is in a panic, he uses his sound judgment to ensure safety and burns his will to escape. You can see a glimpse into what kind of a man he is in the released still photos.

Regarding his role, Jo In Sung shared, “The first time I read the script, I liked the fact that he wasn’t a typical ANSP agent. I thought he was a pretentious person who acts instinctively, believing that he has ANSP on his side. But while working with Kim Yoon Seok, I discovered unexpected things about my character and found a balance. In the end, Kang Dae Jin became a character with lots of surprises.”

Meanwhile, Escape from Mogadishu will be released on July 28th.

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/25/escape-from-mogadishu-jo-in-sung-says-kim-yoon-seok-helped-him-discover-new-things-about-his-character/

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111606299

@syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I love these new stills. Jo In-sung shows dramatic transformation. He plays Kang Dae-jin, a councilor at the South Korean embassy in Somalia. In the first still image, he is the picture of calm as he navigates the bustling markets of Mogadishu. He looks so good seen dressed in suave shirt and pants and sports trendy sunglasses. The second still image shows him facing a man holding a gun. Can't wait for July 28.  :heart2beat:

• Awesome 1

*** The Korea Theater Association, which includes CGV Cinemas, Lotte Cinemas and Megabox, Korea’s biggest exhibitors, have committed to giving a pair of local releases a boost this summer through major incentives and one of them is JIS's movie "Escape from Mogadishu", which is from Lotte Entertainment.  They will be able to recoup 100% of box office proceeds, as opposed to the traditional 50:50 split until each title reaches 50% of their break-even point (BEP). The BEP is the point at which filmmakers have recouped both their production budgets and print and advertising costs. The Korean Film Council (KOFIC) helped to mediate the unique arrangement, which is designed to give a boost to the local theatrical industry and thus encourage more distributors to schedule their long-delayed titles and get viewers back in theaters. KOFIC also brokered a deal with the Korea IPTV Broadcasting Association that will give the giant distributor of Escape from Mogadishu  80% of proceeds from VOD revenue from their services. It is significantly higher than the usual 60%. :kaching1:

source : KOFIC

• Like 1

These Are The 5 Highest-Rated K-Dramas From The Most Paid Korean Actors

These are the guaranteed best K-Dramas you can watch!

There are thousands of K-Dramas to choose from… but how do you pick? A great way to spot an amazing K-Drama is by choosing a famous Korean actor and seeing which series was their best! By doing that, you’ve guaranteed yourself an entertaining experience. Here are just 5 to get you started:

Note: Cable K-Dramas and Terrestrial K-Dramas are rated in different ways and, as such, can be difficult to see which is higher than the other. Therefore, we have put two series that could possibly be switched. For reference: the highest recorded for cable was 28.4%, and the highest recorded for terrestrial was 66.9%.

4. Jo In Sung (Something Happened in Bali)

Lee Soo Jung (Ha Ji Won) is a travel agent who is seeking good luck in Bali after a harsh childhood. She meets Jung Jae Min (Jo In Sung), Kang In Wook (So Ji Sub), and Choi Young Joo (Park Ye Jin) there, three seemingly perfect people entangled in a love triangle. When Lee Soo Jung returns to Seoul, her desire for success leads her to ask Jae Min for a job, setting off a course of events that further complicates the love triangle. 

3rbPGdC-QBrXfwZHR93feOIuqSluuz7dtNhmHX4_bYFkf_Uc1z7_nJZaBkB8OJPH3K9DVqkcGyAMlof7KEv3ASQLPREPpOZUlMGegeV8B-J2uzNU=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Jo In Sung in Something Happened in Bali | SBS

Although international fans may not recognize this series, it had pretty great ratings in Korea and won multiple awards!

After all, who can resist a love triangle?

Close second, if not tied: That Winter, The Wind Blows

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Awesome 1

Photos from online production presentation of Mogadishu

spacer.png

Jo In-sung, see you at Mogadishu.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/photos/view/2021/07/635987/

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jo In Sung, a bright and tall visual

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202107011103170510

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jo In-sung recalled that it was "heaven" during the shooting in Morocco.

Jo In-sung expressed his thoughts on filming the movie "Mogadishu" (director Ryu Seung-wan).

"It was fantastic," Jo In-sung said, recalling the local shoot in Morocco. "It was hard because I had to go into the car in addition to the long flight time, but it was like heaven," he said.

"The natural scenery gave me so much strength that I could forget the painful moments at the scene," he said.

Meanwhile, Jo In-sung, who will also feature Ryu Seung-wan's next film, added that "smuggling" will soon begin filming. "(Director Ryu Seung-wan)"I've fallen for more than half of it," he said with a smile.

The film, "Mogadishu," which will be released on July 28, depicts the life-and-death escape of people stranded in Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, in 1991.

It's a work of art. (Photo courtesy of Lotte Entertainment)

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202107011033496710

• Like 1

Jo In-sung, a 9 billion won apartment gift for his family… ‘Filial Star’ 1st place

The rankings of stars who paid filial piety were released.

On Mnet’s ‘TMI News’ on the 30th, ‘A Star Who Filial with Money’ was broadcast.

The first place was actor Jo In-sung. Jo In-seong bought a second house for his family on Jeju Island for about 1.5 billion won. He bought a building on Gyeongnidan-gil in Itaewon for his younger brother, and the current market price is said to be about 7 billion won.

‘TMI News’ reported, “Jo In-sung also bought two 60-pyeong apartments in L Tower for his mother and younger brother, and the price was 9 billion won.”

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/jo-in-sung-a-9-billion-won-apartment-gift-for-his-family-filial-star-1st-place/

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/346383

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Actors Koo Gyo-hwan, Huh Joon-ho, Kim Yoon-seok, and Jo In-sung (from the left side of the picture) pose at a production press conference for the movie "Mogadishu" online on July 1st.

"Mogadishu" Jo In-sung said, "Please come to the theater on July 28th, my birthday."

On the morning of July 1, a production briefing session for the movie "Mogadishu" was held online. Director Ryu Seung-wan, Kim Yun-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Jun-ho, Gu Gyo-hwan, Kim So-jin, Jung Man-sik, Kim Jae-hwa and Park Kyung-hye attended the event to talk about the film.

Jo In-sung, who made his first screen comeback in three years since "The Great Battle," said, "I wanted to release it as soon as possible, but I couldn't greet you sooner because there was the pandemic situation. Before that, I met viewers first in the entertainment show "Unexpected Business."

Jo In-sung, who plays an agent of the National Security Agency, said, "I hoped I was not a typical figure of the National Security Agency. I was thinking about where to put my purpose in order to express it differently, and I thought I didn't have face to survive, so I expressed my character," he said.

"In fact, when I was filming, there were days when there were no Korean ambassadors, and I only spoke English all day. As I got stressed, I had a lot of pressure to speak English without heterogeneity," he said, adding that he practiced English lines especially for his role.

"Kim Yun-seok was at the center of the movie, and I had to form a combination, not a confrontation. When I had a drink, I had a chance to show my personal appearance, and it all melted my heart and gave me courage," Jo In-sung said, expressing his gratitude for Kim Yun-seok, saying, "I was so comfortable playing with Kim Yun-seok. Even in a difficult situation, I just acted as I was led by senior Kim Yun-seok without much worries.".

Jo In-sung said, "July 28, the opening day, is my birthday. My parents are waiting so much, and I'm really looking forward to it. Please come to the theater and watch it," and showed off his warm aspect, saying, "This is the first time for Park Kyung-rim to attend the press conference, and she is the youngest line with Park Kyung-hye. Please take good care of them.".

The movie "Mogadishu," which depicts the escape of people isolated by civil war in the Somali capital of Mogadishu in 1991, will be released on July 28.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000127091?lfrom=twitter

'Mogadishu' director captures drama, thrills behind true story

Spoiler

spacer.png

SEOUL, July 1 (Yonhap) -- Star director Ryoo Seung-wan said Thursday that he was fascinated by the dramatic story and characters in the true story that inspired his upcoming action film "Escape from Mogadishu."

"Mogadisu" is based on a real event of the life-and-death escape by diplomats in South and North Korean missions in the capital city of Somalia during the civil war in 1991.

Veteran actor Kim Yoon-seok takes the role of Han Sin-seong, South Korean ambassador to the war-torn African country, and Jo In-sung plays spy agent Kang Dae-jin, while Heo Joon-ho appears as the North Korean ambassador.

Since its early stage of production, the film has drawn media attention for its big budget of 20 billion won (US$18 million) and all-star cast. Its other key selling point was its star director Ryoo, who has created many box-office hits, including the action thriller "The Berlin File" (2013) and the action comedy "Veteran" (2015).

"When I first got an offer for this project a few years ago, I just had an inkling of the incident," Ryoo said in a press conference streamed online. "During research for the filmmaking, I was deeply impressed by its dramatic story, characters and events. I really dared to make it into a movie."

"Mogadishu" is Ryoo's first directorial project in about four years since "The Battleship Island" (2017).

He said he put his utmost efforts into recreating a lifelike escape story from the gunfire-filled city streets, and dramatizing the political and tribal situation in Somalia before and after the civil war.

His crew referred to piles of documents and materials about the Somali civil war, including a memoir written by a Somali journalist and the recently declassified document by the U.S. government.

And the 47-year-old filmmaker picked out Essaouira, a western coastal city of Morocco, to shoot his film as the city provides the perfect urban setting for authenticity. Currently, South Koreans are banned from traveling to Somalia.

"We worked with a Moroccan production manager who has participated in Hollywood projects filmed in the country, like 'Black Hawk Down' and 'Gladiator,'" Ryoo said. "He suggested Essaouira, and that city looks really like Mogadishu in its buildings and streets. It was what I really looked for."

On top of that, a number of local stunt actors featured in mass action sequences and difficult explosion scenes after weeks of training, he added.

Ryoo said he is satisfied with the ensemble of his actors, who made efforts to look more like diplomats who have long stayed in Africa during the four-month shooting in Morocco.

"Before we get to Morocco, actors already got tanned as if they were African residents," he said. "They showed great teamwork and viewers will feel their onscreen chemistry."

"Mogadishu" will hit Korean screens on July 28.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20210701007800315

In 'Escape from Mogadishu,' North and South Koreans unite for survival

spacer.png

"Escape from Mogadishu," one of the most anticipated films of this summer, focuses on a fight for survival as the characters in the movie embark on a desperate mission to flee Somalia following the outbreak of civil war in the African country, according to the cast.

Set in 1991, the action drama tells the story of North and South Korean diplomats who are forced to cooperate with each other to escape the civil war in Somalia's capital.

In the upcoming film, Kim Yun-seok plays South Korean Ambassador to Somalia Han Shin-sung, while Huh Joon-ho stars as the North Korean ambassador. Meanwhile, Zo In-sung portrays counselor Kang Dae-jin of the South Korean embassy. Koo Kyo-hwan, who has a couple of high-profile projects under his belt including Netflix's "Kingdom: Ashin of the North," plays Tae Joon-ki, a diplomat at the North Korean embassy.

They shot the entire film for four months in Morocco before the COVID-19 outbreak, according to director Ryoo Seung-wan. His previous works include "The Berlin File" (2013), "Veteran" (2015) and "The Battleship Island" (2017).

"It was filmed in Morocco because Somalia remains unstable and dangerous. Morocco is frequently used to double for Somalia. For instance, the 2001 Hollywood war film Black Hawk Down, about the Battle of Mogadishu, was filmed in Morocco as well," Ryoo said during an online press conference for the film, Thursday.

spacer.png

From left, actors Park Gyeong-hye, Koo Kyo-hwan, Huh Joon-ho, Kim Yun-seok, Zo In-sung, Kim So-jin, Jung Man-sik and Kim Jae-hwa pose during an online press conference for the film "Escape from Mogadishu," Thursday. Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment

The director revealed that special effects company Dexter Studios was developing a project based on a true story and then offered him the chance to take the helm.

"The extraordinary circumstances and the life-or-death situation faced by the characters fascinated me," he said.

According to Ryoo, the production team gained knowledge about the surrounding situation through a memoir written by an executive of Somalia's state-run broadcasting station. They also looked into records maintained by the U.S. Embassy in Somalia. In contrast, the South Korean embassy workers, on which the film is based, lost most of their documents while fleeing the country.

Actor Kim said he wanted to be part of "Escape from Mogadishu" because he loved the script and wanted to work with Ryoo.

"Actually, this is my first time working with Ryoo. There were times when I think we could have worked together, but it didn't work out due to conflicting schedules. The script was brilliant. The roller-coaster of events and various characters who hold different purposes and goals were interesting," he said.

On acting alongside Zo for the first time, Kim said, "I first saw Zo from 'A Dirty Carnival' (2006) and was impressed by his performance. With much diligence and altruism, he was a reliable partner on set."

Talking about the film, Zo said it was amazing to film "Escape from Mogadishu" in the Moroccan city of Essaouira.

"It was physically exhausting, because we had to drive an extra three hours after arriving at the airport in Morocco, but the town was mind-blowingly beautiful. Just by staring at the scenery, I was able to put the difficult moments during filming out of my mind," he said.

Huh, who always brings plenty of charisma to the screen, said he agreed to do the film without even reading the script. "I said yes before I even read the script because I had trust in Ryoo as director," he said.

Koo said he feels overwhelmed that the film is finally being released.

"Escape from Mogadishu" will hit local theaters on July 28.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/07/689_311463.html

Kim Yoon-seok and Jo In-sung's "Mogadishu" to be Released on IMAX

spacer.png

The movie "Mogadishu" (director Ryu Seung-wan), which will be released on the 28th, depicts the escape of people isolated from the civil war in Mogadishu, Somalia, in 1991.

"Mogadishu" has confirmed the release of the IMAX format, showcasing the exotic scenery of the film's location in Morocco, realistic civil war and isolation situation, and a desperate and urgent escape sequence.

The released IMAX special poster features the escape sequence, the killing part of "Mogadishu."

Megan Colligan, chairman of IMAX Entertainment, who decided to release "Mogadishu," said, "It would be better to watch "Mogadishu" through IMAX, which provides the world's largest and most immersive movie viewing experience."

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210702_0001498376&cID=10601&pID=10600

On 7/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, syntyche said:

Jo In-sung, a 9 billion won apartment gift for his family… ‘Filial Star’ 1st place

The rankings of stars who paid filial piety were released.

On Mnet’s ‘TMI News’ on the 30th, ‘A Star Who Filial with Money’ was broadcast.

The first place was actor Jo In-sung. Jo In-seong bought a second house for his family on Jeju Island for about 1.5 billion won. He bought a building on Gyeongnidan-gil in Itaewon for his younger brother, and the current market price is said to be about 7 billion won.

‘TMI News’ reported, “Jo In-sung also bought two 60-pyeong apartments in L Tower for his mother and younger brother, and the price was 9 billion won.”

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/jo-in-sung-a-9-billion-won-apartment-gift-for-his-family-filial-star-1st-place/

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/346383

@syntyche, thanks for sharing this. So, it's family first for him. Well, not surprising because he gains this huge amount of money from his various projects through advertisements, movies, and dramas considering that he's an A-lister. So, he spent most of his fortune on his families. Jo In Sung is so generous to his family.  He made sure to prioritize the happiness of his loved ones. Wow, 1.5 billion won is equivalent to $1.3 million. He's a good son and sibling to his family as he prioritizes first their happiness.  :heart2:

• Awesome 1

’Escape from Mogadishu’ reinterprets true events of Somali Civil War

Spoiler

spacer.png

Korean action film “Escape from Mogadishu,” directed by Ryoo Seung-wan, features a story based on a true event involving South and North Korean diplomats in Somalia during the 1991 civil war.

“Dexter Studios had plans to create a movie based on a true event. The company proposed to me to be part of the project,” director Ryoo said during an online press conference held on Thursday. “I only knew briefly about what happened in Somalia. As I did more research I became fascinated by the dramatic events that took place.”

Ryoo added that it was not easy to gather information about what happened to the Koreans in Somalia back in 1991.

“There were not much details on what happened,” Ryoo said. “Fortunately we could find a book, which was written by Somalia’s former state-run TV executive who escaped from Mogadishu at the time. It helped us to find out more detailed information.”

He added that the US Embassy’s records about the civil war was also helpful when writing the script.

Finding the right location where they could film was another difficulty Ryoo faced during the preproduction process. 

A scene from upcoming Korean action film “Escape from Mogadishu” (Lotte Entertainment)

“We could not shoot the movie in Somalia because it is still dangerous there,” he said. “Then I found out that film ‘Black Hawk Down,’ which is set in 1993 Mogadishu was shot in Morocco.”

At first, Ryoo had some doubts about shooting his entire film in Morocco but his concerns disappeared when he visited the country.

“We found all the architecture that we were looking for there,” Ryoo said.

“Escape from Mogadishu” is a highly anticipated film here as it features many veteran Korean actors including Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-sung and Huh Joon-ho. During the conference, the director expressed gratitude toward the cast members for their hard work and cooperation.

“They all worked hard to make sure other actors’ performances stood out. It was a true ensemble.”

Ryoo added that everyone could work together harmoniously because veteran actor Huh was such a great leader.

“When it was his day off, he still came on set and made coffee for all the staff,” the director said.

“I thought making coffee for them was the least I can do,” Huh said.

Jo also added that the coffee that Huh made helped him a lot when filming and shared a difficulty that he faced when performing for “Escape from Mogadishu.”

“There were days that we only performed in English. It was awkward and stressful. I felt pressured,” Jo said.

“Escape from Mogadishu” will hit local theaters on July 28.

http://www01.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210701000831

Jo In Sung spotted in Mogadishu press conference

cr: k_yuntae, qtmdrb

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 1

4 Korean Celebrities Who Spent Their Fortune Wisely for the Happiness of Their Families

spacer.png

Family first, according to these Korean superstars!

With the huge demand for Korean content all over the world, there is no doubt that lots of Korean celebrities are also gaining various projects from advertisements, movies, and dramas.

But where do they really use some of their money? In a recent Mnet "TMI News" episode, the program revealed that these Korean stars spent most of their fortune on their families.

Jo In Sung

spacer.png

"It's Okay, That's Love" star and A-list actor Jo In Sung has always been generous to his family and friends. The Hallyu celebrity purchased a second house in Jeju Island for his family and is worth 1.5 billion won ($1.3 million).

Following the property he bought for his family, the "Spring Days" star also purchased a building for his brother that has an estimated cost of 7 billion won ($6.2 million). And not just that, Jo In Sung acquired two 198.347 square feet apartments for his mother and younger sibling.

Jo In Sung, etc. are just some of the many Korean celebrities who are generous enough when it comes to their families. They made sure to prioritize the happiness of their loved ones. With their humble beginnings in show business, they were able to support not just their families but also themselves.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/121087/20210702/4-korean-celebrities-who-spent-fortune-wisely-happiness-families.htm

@willenette We learned from Unexpected Business that he did start working at an early age to support his family. Now that he has marked his name in the industry, he has shared that success with his family. He really is admirable :heart:

spacer.png

"Mogadishu" Kim Yoon-seok X Jo In-sung Artwork Poster Revealed

The movie "Mogadishu" (director Ryu Seung-wan) released an artwork poster with the concept of a map of Somalia.

On July 7, the movie "Mogadishu" presented an artwork poster set on a map of Somalia in Africa. The poster featured a real map that was used as a prop in the movie. It also features Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho, and Koo Gwan-sang, whose visuals make you look forward to their passionate performances, as well as their plan to escape.

"Mogadishu," which raises expectations with detailed designs for each poster released, once again raises the details and fun of the film through artwork posters containing Somali maps. The poster will also be produced with Lotte Cinema's signature art card and will be released as a unique reservation event.

"Mogadishu" is a 1991 film about the lives and deaths of people stranded in Somalia's capital, Mogadishu. It will be released on July 28.

https://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/202107/sp20210708102157136680.htm?s_ref=nv

Watch: One of the most anticipated thriller films Escape from Mogadishu drops action packed trailer

spacer.png

Action thriller film ‘Escape from Mogadishu’ directed by Ryu Seung Kwan of ‘Battleship Field’ fame, revolves around the true incidents involving North and South Korean diplomats during 1991 Somalia Civil War. Jo In Sung plays the role of counselor Kang Da Jin of the South Korean embassy while Heo Joon Ho plays the role of Han Shin Sung, the North Korean ambassador. The film portrays the real life incidents and the helplessness that the trapped diplomats and their families felt during those unstable and violent times. 

Ryu Seung Kwan had attended an online press conference for the film and gave the scoop on the making of the film. “Dexter Studios had plans to create a movie based on a true event. The company proposed to me to be part of the project. I only knew briefly about what happened in Somalia. As I did more research I became fascinated by the dramatic events that took place”, he added. They could not conduct an extensive research on the events as there weren’t many accounts of it but thankfully, they found a book written by Somalia’s state-run TV executive who ran away during the war. 

The director also wanted to shoot the film in Somalia but due to the unstable situation that still prevails, the idea had to be scrapped and soon he found out that the famous film ‘Black Hawk Down’ which was set in Mogadishu in 1993 was shot in Morocco. This led to their three month shooting in Morocco before the COVID-19 situation. 

The movie is set to release on July 28th and we cannot wait to see how the story unfolds before our eyes. 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/watch-one-most-anticipated-thriller-films-escape-mogadishu-drops-action-packed-trailer-806442

7 Korean dramas with high production costs

Korean media has just released a list of dramas airing in 2021 and 2022 with sky-high production costs.

Moving

spacer.png

Jo In Sung and Han Hyo Joo are targeted for the lead roles in the drama Moving , directed by the director of The World of the Married . The film is adapted from the webtoon of the same name, revolving around high school students with secret superpowers.

This is the drama that marks Jo In Sung's return after many years of absence on the small screen, so it is very much looking forward to. In addition, the cast in the film are also famous names such as Han Hyo Joo, Cha Tae Hyun. The production cost of the film is 50 billion won (1,000 billion VND).

https://ione.net/7-drama-han-co-chi-phi-san-xuat-cao-ngat-nguong-4306969.html

Mogadishu Cast Release Life photos in Morocco

Actors who showed fantastic teamwork in the movie "Mogadishu" released life photos taken locally.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Photos of Jo In-sung's life: Celebrating his trip with the actors 

Jo In-sung also cited traveling with all the actors as his best memory. The photos he released feature Heo Joon-ho, Kim Jae-hwa and Park Kyung-hye.

The teamwork of the movie "Mogadishu," which left a strong sense of camaraderie, has also led to tvN's entertainment show "Unexpected Business," and has recently led to director Ryu Seung-wan's filming film "The Smuggling."

"Mogadishu" opens on July 28.

http://www.mhns.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=508293

Actor Jo In-sung showed off his close relationship with actor Kim Jae-hwa.

On the afternoon of the 8th, the movie "Mogadishu" Naver Movie Talk V LIVE was held with actors Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho, Koo Exchange, Kim So-jin, Jung Man-sik, Kim Jae-hwa and Park Kyung-hye attending.

Jo In-sung said, "I have been in Morocco for four months and we have become closer." The relationship also led to the filming of "Unexpected Business" with Kim Jae-hwa.

"Mogadishu" will be released on July 28.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202107082017998496&ext=na&utm_campaign=naver_news&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=related_news

Jo In Sung, Kim Yun Seok, And Heo Joon Ho Desperately Seek An “Escape From Mogadishu” In Upcoming Film

spacer.png

Jo In Sung and Kim Yun Seok’s upcoming film “Escape from Mogadishu” has unveiled a new poster!

Based on real events, “Escape from Mogadishu” is a new movie about the life-and-death escape of South Korean and North Korean embassy workers stranded in the midst of the Somali Civil War. The film will be helmed by Ryu Seung Wan, the director behind the hit films “The Battleship Island,” “Veteran,” “The Berlin File,” and “The Unjust.”

The newly released poster, which uses a map of Somalia as its base, features Jo In Sung, Kim Yun Seok, Heo Joon Ho, and Koo Kyo Hwan desperately plotting their escape from the city of Mogadishu.

spacer.png

“Escape from Mogadishu” will premiere on July 28.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478580wpp/jo-in-sung-kim-yun-seok-and-heo-joon-ho-desperately-seek-an-escape-from-mogadishu-in-upcoming-film

Escape from Mogadishu Poster Features Struggles of Jo In Sung, Kim Yun Seok, and Heo Joon Ho

Escape from Mogadishu is a highly anticipated South Korean action film to be released this summer. It stars The Great Battle actor Jo In Sung, Another Child star Kim Yun Seok, and Innocence actor Heo Joon Ho. The movie will hit the big screens of South Korea on July 28, and it will release in Singapore on August 12.

In the war movie, In Sung will portray counselor Kang Dae Jin, who works at the South Korean embassy in Somalia. Cast members Kim Yun Seok as Heo Joon Ho will appear in the film as South Korean and North Korean ambassadors in Somalia. Actor Koo Kyo Hwan will also appear in the movie as a diplomat working at the North Korean embassy.

New Poster of Escape from Mogadishu is Out

The film revolves around the various challenges faced by the North Korean and South Korean embassy workers who are stranded due to the Somali Civil War. It is directed by Ryu Seung Wan of the Veteran fame.

The production team of this upcoming South Korean action film has released a new poster, and it features the struggles of its central characters. The promotional image has a map of Somalia in the backdrop with individual photos of its lead actors. It shows portrays the various challenges faced by them as they try to escape from the city of Mogadishu.

The filming took place in Morocco because Somalia is dangerous and unstable, according to director Seung Wan. Another reason for selecting this Northern African Country for shooting is that it is known to be a double for Somalia, he said.

spacer.png

Here is Why Escape from Mogadishu is a Must Watch

Director Seung Wan then explained why this action film is a must-watch through an online press conference earlier this month. He said the life-and-death situation in this movie is fascinating, and it will keep the viewers hooked to the screens.

Meanwhile, cast member Yoo Seok said the script is brilliant, and the viewers will enjoy the series of events taking place in the movie. Every character in the film will have different goals and purposes as they try to escape from Mogadishu.

Watch the Trailer of Escape from Mogadishu Below:

Escape from Mogadishu will premiere on July 28.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/escape-mogadishu-poster-features-struggles-jo-sung-kim-yun-seok-heo-joon-ho-58753

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

Watch the Trailer of Escape from Mogadishu Below:

Escape from Mogadishu will premiere on July 28.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/escape-mogadishu-poster-features-struggles-jo-sung-kim-yun-seok-heo-joon-ho-58753

@syntyche, thanks for sharing the trailer video. I cannot wait to see how the story will unfold.  :sweet:

• Awesome 1