Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

*** JIS received here an elderly advice on marriage & children. He's being advised to have a lot of kids to be happy in old age & he responds, "I'm not even married yet."  I believe that there's a certain happiness that only people who aren't married or don't have kids can obtain. Everyone has different measures of happiness...We all want different things. JIS can get married whenever he chooses to. Oppa, "If you want to get married and have kids then get married and have kids. " Not everyone's goal in this life is getting married - hahaha - Something i realized growing up - that people have different way on approaching life. Do what you want not what society wants.  :spitswater:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM341Uun4uR/

1616677901649_1_221206.jpg

Source: Insight via Instagram

• Love 1

Jo In-sung, passion and responsibility. A passion that seasickness could not stop

spacer.png

Jo In-sung has been reborn as a "steamed boss" by fulfilling his duty as the president despite extreme seasickness.

In the sixth episode of tvN's "How to Boss," which aired on the 1st, Jo In-sung was pictured fishing in the sea with Park Byung-eun and Nam Joo-hyuk to procure fresh ingredients for direct delivery to mountain areas.

Despite suffering from seasickness, Jo In-sung did not forget his passion for fishing and the president's duty.

He also worried about the condition of the guests, asking Nam Joo-hyuk, "Are you okay?" when the ship stopped at the fishing point where fishermen were concentrated. The sight of checking how many people have been working so far and how much they can do business has revealed their passion and responsibility to overcome motion sickness, attracting viewers' attention.

In addition, Jo In-sung showed deep consideration by driving a car back to the supermarket for guests who suffered from fishing. Not only did he start preparing for the evening business upon arriving at the supermarket, but he also showed the confidence of Chef Jo, who is in charge of the kitchen, asking Park Byung-eun, who is having sashimi, "Is there anything to help?" In addition, he showed off his professionalism by serving in a relaxed manner.

Meanwhile, tvN's entertainment show "The Boss" airs every Thursday night at 8:40 p.m.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202104021017137158826_1

• Like 2

*** Yesterday, April 1 the film production company NEW (Next Entertainment World) released their official upcoming lineup of eleven films & one of them is JIS movie, "Smugglers". The seventies era women's crime film will feature Jo In-sung and Park Jung-min in addition to Kim Hye-soo and Yum Jung-ah as the leads. :kitty:

photo1318747.jpg

photo source : Hancinema

• Like 1

7 Of The *Best* K-Dramas To Recommend To Your Friends Who Aren't Fans Yet

They'll be binge-watching until 2 a.m. in no time!

We all have that one friend who we can’t seem to get into watching K-dramas, no matter how hard we try to convince them. Okay, I’ll admit it: I was one of *those* people, but I can vividly remember a summer in college when my best friend successfully pursuaded me to finally watch my first K-drama. I binge-watched Descendants of the Sun in two days! Since then, I’ve watched my fair share of Korean dramas and have picked out the ones that will encourage ~*non-believers*~ to give them a chance.

Here are seven K-dramas on Netflix and Viu that will transform your friends into diehard fans:

6. It’s Okay, That’s Love (2014)

Who’s in it: Jo In Sung, Gong Hyo Jin, EXO's D.O., Lee Sung Kyung, Lee Kwang Soo

Where you can watch it: Netflix and Viu

Why you should watch it: It’s rare for K-dramas to openly talk about mental health and It's Okay, That's Love does so in the most gentle and heartwarming way. Also, get ready for an intense plot twist!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/k-drama-recommendations-friends-a1321-20210402?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 1

Actor Jo In-sung answered honestly when asked, "Do you want to get married?"

spacer.png

In tvN's entertainment program "Unexpected Business," which aired on the 8th, the sales of the 5th and 6th day were depicted. Actors Nam Joo-hyuk, Park Byung-eun and Shin Seung-hwan appeared as part-timers. After they finished their business, they had dinner together and had a conversation.

Cha Tae-hyun joked, "I'm not old enough to get married many times," and asked Jo In-sung, "In Sung, do you want to get married, too?"

"I want to get married," Jo replied. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.kr/entry/jo-in-sung_kr_606fa61bc5b6c795e15097ac?utm_id=naver

Check Out These 5 Highest Paid K-Drama Celebrities of 2021

With the popularity of the new Korean wave, or widely called Hallyu, in the international scene, comes the rise of fame and popularity of South Korean actors and actresses.

This means more projects like drama, movies, and endorsements for these K-Drama stars who are dominating both global and local scenes.

With that said, let's take a look at the highest-paid Korean actors and actresses and their worth per episode.

Jo In-sung

Capping off the top five highest-paid K-Drama celebrities of 2021 is Jo In-sung.

spacer.png

The 39-year-old actor starred in several notable dramas, including "That Winter, The Wind Blows" alongside Song Hye-Kyo and "The Classic opposite "Son Ye-Jin.

With his smash hit series and accolade of achievements, Jo In-sung's paycheque per episode reportedly values at $89,800.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120307/20210409/check-out-5-highest-paid-k-drama-celebrities-2021.htm

At 39, Jo In Sung Bluntly Admits That He Wants To Get Married

On an episode of the television show " Unexpected Business " aired by tvN on Thursday (8/4), Jo In Sung talked about marriage. The 1981-born actor revealed that he wanted to get married.

At the event, Jo In Sung played a part-time employee at a local supermarket which he co- runs with Cha Tae Hyun . They cater to customers who stop by for a quick meal.

spacer.png

After closing for the day the restaurant they ran, Cha Tae Hyun asked two unmarried men, Jo In Sung and actor Park Byung Eun if they wanted to get married.

Without hesitation, Jo In Sung replied, "Yes, of course. I want to get married." Meanwhile Park Byung Eun said, "I know I'm quite free-spirited, but I want to get married too. I don't think it will be easy."

Then the next day, Jo In Sung was seen cleaning tables at their restaurant. When a customer saw him cleaning the table, he jokingly commented, "You'll have a wife if you do it at home."

Hearing this comment, Jo In Sung laughed and said, "That's what I meant. I must be married by now." Jo In Sung himself is currently 39 years old and has had a relationship with actress Kim Min Hee in the past.

At the same program, Jo In Sung was also asked about his debut story. The actor said, "I debuted as a model at first. I attended a modeling academy, and after a month, I signed a contract to star in a commercial."

https://www.wowkeren.com/berita/tampil/00359808.html

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, syntyche said:

At 39, Jo In Sung Bluntly Admits That He Wants To Get Married

On an episode of the television show " Unexpected Business " aired by tvN on Thursday (8/4), Jo In Sung talked about marriage. The 1981-born actor revealed that he wanted to get married.

At the event, Jo In Sung played a part-time employee at a local supermarket which he co- runs with Cha Tae Hyun . They cater to customers who stop by for a quick meal.

spacer.png

After closing for the day the restaurant they ran, Cha Tae Hyun asked two unmarried men, Jo In Sung and actor Park Byung Eun if they wanted to get married.

Without hesitation, Jo In Sung replied, "Yes, of course. I want to get married." Meanwhile Park Byung Eun said, "I know I'm quite free-spirited, but I want to get married too. I don't think it will be easy."

Then the next day, Jo In Sung was seen cleaning tables at their restaurant. When a customer saw him cleaning the table, he jokingly commented, "You'll have a wife if you do it at home."

Hearing this comment, Jo In Sung laughed and said, "That's what I meant. I must be married by now." Jo In Sung himself is currently 39 years old and has had a relationship with actress Kim Min Hee in the past.

At the same program, Jo In Sung was also asked about his debut story. The actor said, "I debuted as a model at first. I attended a modeling academy, and after a month, I signed a contract to star in a commercial."

https://www.wowkeren.com/berita/tampil/00359808.html

@syntyche, thanks for sharing this. On April 15 episode of this show 'Unexpected Business', Jo In Sung talked about his appearance. When he was preparing for their meal in the open kitchen, the three female customers were staring at him. Then, one of them commented why is he so good-looking. He jokingly said, "I'm so sorry for being good-looking." The customers burst into laughter. Ever since he made his debut, his great looks and tall figure have always been a hot topic. He is known to be one of the most good-looking actors in Korea. :popcornjackson:

• Like 2

@willenette, indeed, he is one of the most good-looking actors in Korea. He is often recognized and well-known as such and mentioned in kdramas.

Here's that scene you mentioned with him saying sorry for being good looking (well, he doesn't have to feel sorry!)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Big Bang's Taeyang's older brother actor Dong Hyun Bae shares he found himself feeling jealous of his colleague's success

spacer.png

On the April 22nd episode of tvN's new variety show 'Unexpected Business', actors Yoon Si Yoon and Dong Hyun Bae appeared as guests. After they have successfully closed the day's business, four actors gathered around the dinner table and shared their candid thoughts on their careers. 

Host Cha Tae Hyun said, "All the actors starred in 'Hit the Top' became successful except Hyun Bae. So I'm very sad." Dong Hyun Bae said, "I saw that coming, that people wouldn't recognize me among the four of us. But I was able to get my name out once more despite those views."

Co-host Jo In Sung then commented, "There are not many people who can do that in that situation. I'm proud of you." Dong Hyun Bae confided, "I saw my colleagues winning awards last year. I was happy for them so I applauded them, but then I found myself feeling jealous of their successes." Jo In Sung then cheered him up saying, "The important thing is there are many people who are rooting for you. It just needs time. Hang in there."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/04/big-bangs-taeyangs-older-brother-actor-dong-hyun-bae-shares-he-found-himself-feeling-jealous-of-his-colleagues-success

• LOL 1

11 Pairings We Wouldn’t Mind Seeing Reunite In A K-Drama

Often times, you finish watching a drama and the chemistry between the two leads is just so enigmatic that you’re already hoping deep down that they’ll reunite for a future project. This may even involve you signing a petition or two, demanding for a second season or reunion.

It’s happened in the past where two actors have had such talked about chemistry that they return many years later on the small screen, but it is pretty rare.

8. Gong Hyo Jin and Jo In Sung

jo-in-sung-gong-hyo-jin.png

It’s Okay, That’s Love” stars Gong Hyo Jin as Ji Hae Soo and Jo In Sung as Jang Jae Yeol. In the drama, the two engaged in a very emotionally intense romance that involved mental health, healing, and coming to terms with their past. The story is pretty perfect, and when you have the likes of Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin bringing these characters to life, you can’t go wrong. Their emotional scenes were so heartfelt and realistic that it was hard not to sympathize for the characters. A reunion of these two legendary actors is definitely a must!

Start watching the drama:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Awesome 1

Jo In Sung and Kim Woo Bin Show Off Their Close Bond on ‘Unexpected Business’

spacer.png

The unbreakable and genuine friendship between Jo In Sung and Kim Woo Bin, especially with their age gap, drew attention.

In an episode of tvN’s Unexpected Business aired on the 22nd, Jo In Sung was on the phone with Kim Woo Bin. Though it was a short call, viewers could tell how natural it was and how frequently they kept in touch.

Jo In Sung called the younger actor affectionately “Woo Bbang” as he updated him about how he’s been doing. This was the eighth day Jo In Sung opened the supermarket in Kangwondo with Cha Tae Hyun. “it was fun to meet and talk with the elders. It feels like home here,” he said with a big smile. He added, “Kim Woo Bin became healthy, and now he is worried about me.”

The actor was previously diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer in May 2017.

Spoiler

spacer.png

It is said that the two actors, Cha Tae Hyun, and Lee Kwang Soo often contact each other when they are not able to meet up due to their schedules. 

https://zapzee.net/2021/04/23/jo-in-sung-and-kim-woo-bin-show-off-their-close-bond-on-unexpected-business/

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

@willenette, indeed, he is one of the most good-looking actors in Korea. He is often recognized and well-known as such and mentioned in kdramas.

Here's that scene you mentioned with him saying sorry for being good looking (well, he doesn't have to feel sorry!)

Big Bang's Taeyang's older brother actor Dong Hyun Bae shares he found himself feeling jealous of his colleague's success

On the April 22nd episode of tvN's new variety show 'Unexpected Business', actors Yoon Si Yoon and Dong Hyun Bae appeared as guests. After they have successfully closed the day's business, four actors gathered around the dinner table and shared their candid thoughts on their careers. 

Host Cha Tae Hyun said, "All the actors starred in 'Hit the Top' became successful except Hyun Bae. So I'm very sad." Dong Hyun Bae said, "I saw that coming, that people wouldn't recognize me among the four of us. But I was able to get my name out once more despite those views."

Co-host Jo In Sung then commented, "There are not many people who can do that in that situation. I'm proud of you." Dong Hyun Bae confided, "I saw my colleagues winning awards last year. I was happy for them so I applauded them, but then I found myself feeling jealous of their successes." Jo In Sung then cheered him up saying, "The important thing is there are many people who are rooting for you. It just needs time. Hang in there."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/04/big-bangs-taeyangs-older-brother-actor-dong-hyun-bae-shares-he-found-himself-feeling-jealous-of-his-colleagues-success

@syntyche, thanks for sharing this. On this EP also, Jo In Sung and Kim Woo Bin have this unbreakable and genuine friendship despite of their age gap. He was on the phone with Kim Woo Bin. Though it was a short call, you could tell how frequently they kept in touch. Jo In Sung called him  “Woo Bbang” as he updated him about how he’s been doing. "It feels like home here,” he said to him over the phone with a big smile. He added, "I'm happy that he became healthy".  :crazily:

20210423100311426mjjp.png

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210423100310434?x_trkm=t

• Awesome 1

The show is so fun :) I enjoy the conversations they have with the customers. When they recognize Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung or the constant times Jo In Sung is called hansome - or they are distracted by his handsomeness hahaa. 

I haven't seen the latest episode yet or the clip when he called Kim Woo Bin but I love their friendship :) So sweet

• Awesome 1

*** During "Unexpected Business EP, JIS shared he is glad that his good friend Kim Woo Bin is all well now. While he was preparing for the restaurant's breakfast service, his phone rang. KWB called. He's calling him Woo-bbang! He was telling KWB over the phone that his back is hurting a little and he's  wearing a waist support at the moment. (Below is the waist support looks like) : He's also telling KWB that he has fun filming in Hwacheon because he was able to meet many elderly people.  :heart2beat:

LP Magnetic Back Support | 715 – LP Supports

Zo In Sung

• Like 1

Ji Sung Joon, Ko Moon Young & more: 5 arrogant KDrama characters that we secretly love

Take a look at our list here!

KDramas give us a wide, wide range of characters. Because of which, we’ve seen almost every shade of character out there. Goody-two-shoes, disinterested, head-over-heels, and many more. But perhaps the biggest satisfaction comes from watching the character turn from snobby to a good, kind-hearted person. Following the characters’ journey as they somehow reel us in, despite being brats at the start, is intriguing right? Like it’s a challenge to not love them by the end.

Adding fuel to that smouldering fire, are just some of the obsessive characters we’ve seen over the years. To quote Rajesh Koothrapalli from The Big Bang Theory, “If you were a superhero, your name would be Captain Arrogant, and you know what your superpower would be?

Arrogance”. AMong the many arrogant, snobbish leads that we hate, we also find some that our heart beats for. Take a look!

Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) – That Winter, The Wind Blows (2013)

This drama features a lot of different elements like debt, gambling, along with other regular tropes. Here, the key character Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) loses his love and life threatens to spiral out of control. Struggling to live with his debt and gambling vice, he regularly charms wealthy women out of their money. His arrogance, the way he thinks of others and his scams, have us hating him despite his sad past. And yet, even though it takes some time, his frosty exterior does thaw enough for viewers to feel something different than dislike for him. Towards the end, he is even loved. One of the classic, timeless dramas out there, this show definitely deserves to be checked out, even if it is just for In Sung’s superb acting.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/ji-sung-joon-ko-moon-young-more-5-arrogant-kdrama-characters-we-secretly-love-714552

• Like 1

12 “Enemies To Lovers” K-Drama Couples With Fiery Chemistry

We all love this trope. In K-dramas, when a man and woman meet and absolutely despise each other, they are quick to discover that they may actually have feelings for each other. There is a fine line between love and hate after all, am I right? This trope is always successful in bringing all the feels as we’re able to see the cold-hearted OTP turn from being hateful and angry towards each other to being warm and loving. Here are 12 “enemies to lovers” K-drama couples that exude intense chemistry.

Disclaimer: We’re talking SIZZLING, too hot to handle, chemistry!

7. “It’s Okay, That’s Love”

its-okay-thats-love.jpg

This drama stars veteran actors Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin, which means you really can’t go wrong performance wise. Jo In Sung plays Jang Jae Yeol, an enigmatic writer who is dealing with the effects of a traumatic childhood. He comes across a feisty psychiatrist named Ji Hae Soo, played by Gong Hyo Jin. The two fall in love and are faced with having to deal with each other’s issues together.

The emotional intensity of this series could not have been successful without the likes of Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin. The two share a special bond in the drama that is very strong. This drama was only a success because of their chemistry. As Jae Yeol suffers from a mental illness, seeing Hae Soo comfort him and desperately want to help him was all the comfort we needed. It was the indirect healing that satisfied all viewers.

its-okay-thats-love.gif

Watch these two connect on an emotional level in the drama below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's "Unexpected Business" broke its own highest ratings with Jo Bo-ah's appearance

spacer.png

TVN's "Unexpected Business" soared to 8.5% based on households in the Seoul metropolitan area, breaking its own highest ratings.

The ratings for the 10th episode of TVN's "Unexpected Business," which aired on the 29th, broke its own record, surpassing an average of 6.6% and a maximum of 8.5% based on households in the Seoul metropolitan area. Nationwide household ratings averaged 5.8% and up to 7.2%.

The men's and women's 2049 ratings, which are targeted at tvN, averaged 3.5%, up to 4.4% in the Seoul metropolitan area, an average of 3.5% and up to 4.3% nationwide, ranking No. 1 in the same time slot including all channels. (Cable, IPTV, satellite integrated pay platform standard / provided by Nielsen Korea)

In the broadcast on this day, actor Jo Bo-ah, who was a part-timer tasked to help Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung of "Unexpected Business", drew attention. Jo Bo-ah used her smart side to revitalize the entire supermarket and captivated Woncheon-ri and the two owners.

In addition, during their dinner, frank concerns from Jo Bo-ah, who marked the 10th anniversary of her debut, and warm advice from Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung as seniors were exchanged. In addition, a day before the last business at a rural supermarket, Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's impressions were conveyed, touching viewers.

On the other hand, the final episode of TVN 'President' will air at 8:40 p.m. next Thursday.

http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=803206

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's "Unexpected Business" broke its own highest ratings with Jo Bo-ah's appearance

TVN's "Unexpected Business" soared to 8.5% based on households in the Seoul metropolitan area, breaking its own highest ratings.

The ratings for the 10th episode of TVN's "Unexpected Business," which aired on the 29th, broke its own record, surpassing an average of 6.6% and a maximum of 8.5% based on households in the Seoul metropolitan area. Nationwide household ratings averaged 5.8% and up to 7.2%.

The men's and women's 2049 ratings, which are targeted at tvN, averaged 3.5%, up to 4.4% in the Seoul metropolitan area, an average of 3.5% and up to 4.3% nationwide, ranking No. 1 in the same time slot including all channels. (Cable, IPTV, satellite integrated pay platform standard / provided by Nielsen Korea)

In the broadcast on this day, actor Jo Bo-ah, who was a part-timer tasked to help Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung of "Unexpected Business", drew attention. Jo Bo-ah used her smart side to revitalize the entire supermarket and captivated Woncheon-ri and the two owners.

In addition, during their dinner, frank concerns from Jo Bo-ah, who marked the 10th anniversary of her debut, and warm advice from Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung as seniors were exchanged. In addition, a day before the last business at a rural supermarket, Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's impressions were conveyed, touching viewers.

On the other hand, the final episode of TVN 'President' will air at 8:40 p.m. next Thursday.

http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=803206

http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002739841&CMPT_CD=P0010&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=newsearch&utm_campaign=naver_news

@syntyche, thanks for sharing this.  On this EP, Jo Bo Ah was seen talking about her past love life. Cha Tae Hyun asked her if there are times when she was dumped or vice-versa. She answered that it was kind of half-and-half. She got dumped, but she also ended a relationship first. Cha Tae Hyun asked if she understands them. And she said yes. Then,Jo In Sung suddenly jumped up from his seat and commented, "Who is this guy? Bring him over here right now!" With anger in his voice - hahaha - Jo Bo Ah laughed and told him, "It's okay. Please sit down." This was a funny scene. 

:rubchin:

• LOL 3

Since Cannes festival line up will be announced later in May, there are more talks on which potential Korean films will be also part of the line up. Jo In Sung's movie Escape From Mogadishu from dir. Ryoo Seung Wan was mentioned. From Screendaily:

Cannes 2021: Who is in the running?

Cannes Film Festival delegate general Thierry Frémaux announced earlier this month the Official Selection for its 74th edition, due to run July 6-17, will be unveiled just under a month from now on May 27.

Fingers are crossed throughout the international film industry that a physical edition will happen after 2020’s cancellation due to the Covid-19 pandemic but one year on and Frémaux and his selection committee are once again pulling together an Official Selection against a backdrop of immense uncertainty.

France is working its way out of a third wave, thanks to a national lockdown and the ramping up of its vaccination programme. But the seven-day average for daily cases still stood at 27,000 as of Tuesday (April 27) and public spaces from cafes and restaurants to museums and cinemas remain closed. 

Filmmakers, producers and sales agents are taking more time to both submit films and accept invites with some preferring to aim directly instead for later events like Locarno and in particular Venice, in the belief the Covid-19 situation in Europe will have eased further by the time they roll around in August.

A key marker for both local and international film professionals is the reopening of cinemas in France. “Thierry Frémaux said cinemas needed to be open for the festival to go ahead and that’s what’s everyone is waiting for,” said one film PR this week. “I’ve already got films lined up for Locarno and Venice but nobody’s contacted me for Cannes titles as yet. It’s usually the other way around.”

French media reported last week culture minister Roselyn Bachelot had secured a promise of May 17 for the reopening of cinemas and local industry expectations are high this will happen. If this does come to pass, Frémaux and his team will be in for an extremely intense 10 days as they put the final touches to their 2021 Official Selection ahead of the announcement on May 27.

Ever hopeful, the Screen team has been talking to its contacts across the industry to get a sense of what is ready and has been submitted and is serious contention for Official Selection and the parallel sections of Directors’ Fortnight, Critics’ Week and ACID.

------

South Korea

South Korea did not halt production over the last year and a half and a raft of features are coming together in time for a Cannes splash.

Festival regular Park Chan-wook, however, only wrapped murder-mystery drama Decision To Leave in March so it could be a push for the film to be completed in time for Cannes. Park Hae-il stars as a detective whose investigation into a man’s murder leads to his mysterious widow, played by Tang Wei. The director was last in Cannes in 2016 with Palme d’Or contender The Handmaiden.

Films that could be completed in time for submission include Han Jae-rim’s airplane disaster film Emergency Declaration, featuring Parasite actor Song Kang-ho, Hollywood crossover star Lee Byung-hun (The Good, The Bad, The Weird) and Jeon Do-yeon, who won the Palme d’Or for her performance in Lee Chang-dong’s Secret Sunshine in 2014.

There’s also buzz around Pil Gam-sung’s debut feature Hostage: Missing Celebrity. Hwang Jung-min, who was previously in Cannes in 2018 Midnight Screenings title The Spy Gone North, plays a movie star who thinks he is being pranked when he is abducted but then quickly understands his kidnappers are deadly serious. It is produced by hit-making Filmmaker R&K.

From the same production house, Ryoo Seung-wan’s political action drama Escape From Mogadishu is wrapping up post-production and is out to festivals. The director’s previous films, while garnering industry acclaim, have often had their local release dates at odds with major festival premiere schedules. This year’s pandemic uncertainties might change that situation. Ryoo was previously in Venice official selection with The City Of Violence (2006) and in Cannes Directors’ Fortnight with Crying Fist (2005)

Hong Sangsoo is just coming off his Berlinale Silver Bear win for best screenplay with Introduction but there is always the possibility the prolific auteur has another film coming along this year with the usual discretion.

Yim Soon-rye’s highly anticipated The Point Men about a real-life hostage crisis in Afghanistan involving South Korean tourists is due out later this year. It also stars Hwang Jung-min, this time as a diplomat dispatched to resolve the stand-off, opposite K-drama A-lister Hyun Bin (Late Autumn). 

The Korean remake of Atom Egoyan’s Nazi-hunting film of the same title, Remember is also due out later this year. Director Lee Il-hyung’s previous credits include box office hit A Violent Prosecutor.  Lee Sung-min, who was also in The Spy Gone North, stars as an octogenarian ex-soldier with dementia who sets out to take vengeance on pro-Japanese collaborators. Two-time Cannes director Yoon Jong-bin’s production house Moonlight Film (The Spy Gone North) is producing.

Lee Kyu-man’s criminal drama The Policeman’s Lineage also has two stars that were previously in Cannes - Cho Jin-woong (The Handmaiden) and Choi Woo-shik (Parasite) – and is in post-production.

With some more overlapping talent, Lee Won-tae, whose Gangster, The Cop, The Devil was in 2019 Cannes’ Midnight Screenings, has political drama The Devil’s Deal starring Cho Jin-woong (The Handmaiden), Lee Sung-min (The Spy Gone North) and Kim Moo-yul (The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil).

Jang Cheol-soo, who premiered Bedevilled in Critics’ Week in 2010, has North Korean army soldier melodrama Serve The People in post-production.

Kim Min-soo, whose screenwriting credits include previous Cannes Midnight Screenings title The Merciless, is making a feature directorial debut with crime thriller Dirty Money, starring Jung Woo (Best Friend) and Kim Dae-myung (The Drug King) that could turn up on the Croisette.

Jung Yoon-suk, whose Non-fiction Diary and Bamseom Pirates: Seoul Inferno did the rounds of festivals such as Berlin and Rotterdam, is working on another documentary called Tomorrow, about people who produce, consume, or use surrogate human forms such as sex dolls and AI robots for different reasons.

Read full article:

https://www.screendaily.com/features/cannes-2021-who-is-in-the-running/5159216.article

• Like 1

Jo In Sung is almost 40 years old and still very handsome

People who like to watch Korean dramas will know the handsome actor Jo In Sung, who is popular all over the country and abroad due to his skillful acting and attractive appearance.

Jo In Sung is a 39-year-old South Korean leading actor who is a popular star and has appeared on various TV shows. In that, he is also a star who has a lot of fans due to his acting work, including his good looks and handsome face that does not age, even though he is close to 40 years old. There are many women in Asia who are obsessed with his attractive and beautiful appearance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.khmerload.com/news/150228

https://women.kapook.com/gallery/240691