Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Guest Spring Andrew

where is INSUNG n Kwangsoo going? did u guys see the pics of them in the airport.. they have like a manager with them too

Thank you @everythingnothing for explaining to me in detail about the different award ceremonies in Korea.  Very insightful :).  
@timi163 - I know you posted this few days ago and this thread is moving like a speeding train lately lol but I had to comment that the movie Frozen Flower will always be very special to me because it was the first time ever I saw our Insungie... and I was hooked. Mind you, I saw the movie from half way through (so I had NO idea what was going on and initially when the young lovers were caught in the library by the King I thought the King was jealous about the Queen - how wrong was I!).  Only afterwards I was curious enough about the storyline that I watched it from the very beginning.  Seriously, nobody does the "internal struggle" thing better than JIS. I know there is a variety of opinions on that movie (some viewers can be very immature!) but I loved it too and JIS was very brave indeed to undertake this project.  Funnily enough I didn't even know just how cute both Jo In Sung and Song Ji-hyo are when they smile because they didn't get to smile during the entire movie (well, their poor characters had nothing to smile about ... :(.  Also, because that movie is so dark and tragic, it was especially cute to see BTS from that movie and to see the cast mucking around and laughing.  
@blim0523 I like the "model pose" pics - SO true, he is such a good and convincing actor that I have to constantly remind myself that he's a model too (and a good one at that! :).  Incidentally, how long have JIS and LKS been friends?  I believe they were friends well before IOTL is that true? And I think a private holiday with a good friend (especially now) is just what "the doctor ordered" for JIS.  I don't blame them for not wanting their pictures taken.  I felt sorry for them in Thailand during the IOTL "holiday" trip and felt they were hounded a bit too much.  

Guest Spring Andrew

xoxoforme said: @blim0523 - Oh my! Where are they going? Well LKS and JIS were close friends before IOIL started. I heard LKS visited TWTWB during those days with food trucks with Song Joong-ki. Thanks for the info tho

@SpringAndrew - They were pretty close. 
Here's some article around early 2013 - 1) http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/8186/20130227/song-joong-ki-lee-kwang-soo-visit-jo-sung-food.htm2) http://www.soompi.com/2013/02/06/bffs-song-joong-ki-and-lee-kwang-soo-shows-loyalty-to-jo-in-sung/

@xoxoforme I want him to focus on a film career more.

@timi163 @Roym me too...with Shin Min Ah again.

@asprialet_31_ac5f You mean his Japanese fanclub photobook?

@moniw18 " I know there is a variety of opinions on that movie (some viewers can be very immature!) but I loved it too and JIS was very brave indeed to undertake this project." LOL some who said this must be the ones who don't watch Korean films much...Korean films is influened by European films. If you notice from all my favorite persons "Jo In Sung" "Choi Min Sik" "Kim Go Eun" "Kim Ki Duk (the director)" they all used to do it. some who said this must be the ones who haven't watched Kim Go Eun in A Muse, Choi Min Sik's and Song Kang Ho's film and I really love these three.

@Spring Andrew @xoxoforme Song Joonk Ki is a fan of Insung but he is so close to Insung too (one of Insung's most beloved dongsaengs...they even like the same baseball team.) Insung, Song Joonk Gi, Lee Kwang Soo and Im Ju Hwan are close friends.

"Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki , Lee Kwang Soo are Close Family"

Im Joo Hwan talks about Jo In Sung and his other personal connections.

After getting discharged from the army, Im Joo Hwan came back with SBS’s ‘Ugly Alert’ and it was known that at that time he got advice from his close brother Jo In Sung. In Newsen’s interview, he discloses what advice Jo In Sung gave. (*)It was not ‘advice’ but rather words that cleared away my worries.”

(*)In Sung hyung knew about my chance to star in the daily drama ‘Ugly Alert’ and came to give me a suggestion. He asked what I was troubled about. He wanted to let me know, saying ‘after coming out from the army, I think this will be a good project for you.’”

"He said it is a good way to raise your recognition. ‘I don’t know how ambitious you want to be but, (*) it will give you good experience. You fit the style of a daily drama, and since it can be watched every day, you can build up to give a new feeling, right?’ He said he would be anticipating that.”

He reveals his thoughts of his desire to act after seeing Jo In Sung. “As an actor, Korea’s top star, sunbae and as a close brother, I was filled with gratitude (for his words). While I was still in the army I saw (the drama) ☆‘The Winter, the Wind Blows.’ When I saw In Sung hyung’s appearance, I felt happy. Seeing his acting ignited something inside me. I thought, I also wanted to do that.”

It is known that Im Joo Hwan, Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki and Lee Gwang Soo cheer on each other by visiting the filming sets and also see each other off when one enlists in the army. Im Joo Hwan discloses how (each of) the star’s relationships are like. “ All four of us get along well. When I enlisted, Joong Ki also came. Joong Ki and Gwang Soo both become close on a variety (show). In Sung hyung, Joong Ki and me became like a family after the movie ‘Frozen Flower.’”

To Im Joo Hwan, it is a happy thing to be ‘promoting’ his close buddies. “Joong Ki participated in “A Deep Rooted Tree’ and ‘Nice Guy’ and I felt quite emotional when I watched it, I also called Writer Lee Kyung Hee (the writer of ‘Nice Guy’) up. I said to her that I’m really grateful and feel full of pride. Joong Ki was originally really great, but as a ‘brother’ seeing Joong Ki’s cool image and seeing his drama receive so much love, that’s why I felt so proud. I explained because of our close friendship, I as a brother, wanted to express my gratitude.”

from Im Ju Hwan interview

Cr: cookingdramas, a fan of Im Ju Hwan.

edit- just add Im Ju Hwan interview part1

[interview] Im Joo Hwan,“ With Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki, Lee Gwang Soo,We Can Chat Away for 4 hours” 

Actor Im Joo Hwan discloses he and his close ‘brothers’ Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki, and Lee Kwang Soo spend their free time chatting away.

On the 4th, Im Joo Hwan said in his interview with OSEN, “ The four of us, In Sungi hyung, Gwang Soo, Song Joong Ki gather like family. We talk not as ‘professional actors’ but rather as ‘siblings’.”

He talked about what they do in their free time. “ For example, if we start talking about acting or movies, we can talk about one subject for 4 hours straight.”

Furthermore, he talked about his ‘mentor’ Jo In Sung. “When I was filming my drama, In Sungi hyung asked me via text message ‘Is anything wrong?’ (*) At that time, I was physically drained out and he wanted to know in detail if anything was hurting

He further added, “ I feel that In Sung hyung is not just monitoring ‘any other’ actor’s work, but is really looking out for his ‘brother’ Im Joo Hwan.”

On the other hand, Im Joo Hwan recently starred as ‘Gong Joon Soo’ in SBS’s daily drama ‘Ugly Alert’ which ended on the 29th."

Guest timi163

Not too sure  if that person with them is a manager, but if he is then that trip maybe more business than  pleasure. Two possible scenarios, shooting for  Outback Steakhouse CF , both actors filmed the last 2 CF together and the other one which is a long shot but not impossible, filming Runningman. Or maybe it's just  one of those JIS ninja trip that we don't know about until a pic of him will show up  on the internet like that one in Hawaii  ;;) If I'm lucky maybe they are here in  New York...:)
@Moniw18  I first saw JIS in FRozen Flower. To be honest, I only watched that movie at first because of Song Joong ki. I just finished watching OBGYN at that time and of course I had to google another drama of SJK. Well, in that movie  if you blink you'd miss SJK altogether :)). Anyways, I end up liking JIS too. It was a great movie and I even own a DVD of that movie as well. 

I haven't heard about that news before @everythingnothing but thanks anyway because if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to know how close In Sung were with his brothers off screen. I just love how he reaches out for them. Like a strong and mature oppa.
@blim0523 - If he and LKS were going to Japan maybe he would also drop by and consult the writer of the Ice Blade? @foodchef and @everythingnothing  - mentioned about it before in this thread. Maybe that film/drama is foreshadowing? I do have hopes for that.

I haven't heard about that news before @everythingnothing but thanks anyway because if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to know how close In Sung were with his brothers off screen. I just love how he reaches out for them. Like a strong and mature oppa.

@blim0523 - If he and LKS were going to Japan maybe he would also drop by and consult the writer of the Ice Blade? @foodchef and @everythingnothing  - mentioned about it before in this thread. Maybe that film/drama is foreshadowing? I do have hopes for that.

@xoxoforme‌, it's not far-fetched :) with the new look of JIS it's like a sign that he is preparing for that kind of role. This is something to really look forward to.

@blim0523  You are flattering me lol

"though I sometimes mistake him for Kim Ki Bang LOL" hahahaha

@xoxoforme You're welcome...I'm always happy to talk with Insung's fans.

I used to read the Korean article you posted but I just want to see @hclover96 on this thread...come to translate this, dear huhuhu

For anyone who wants to see the interview I posted on last page in Korean  Newsen http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201312101509200310  Osen  http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109738310 

really thanks to Im Ju Hwan's fan for translations :x

Just throwback thursday...

?di=UBZD

and for @timi163 too lol but I'm sure you used to see this pic. Insung and Kwang Soo went and watched the musical together before they acted together in IOTL.

Insung, Jang Hyuk, Lee Kwang Soo and Kim Su Ro (the guy that mentioned Insung and Jang Dong Gun in the article @ xoxoforme posted above)

P.S. I sent my post before I finished it lol my bad... 

@blim0523 - I do hope so but in weibo.com/insungchina correct me if I'm wrong that picture I posted earlier seems like they were talking about Los Angeles in captions. I did translate using Bing but it was no use. So hopefully, just hopefully we would hear some news from where LKS and JIS went after all.

@everythingnothing - Wow! There's Jang Hyuk in that old picture. Never knew they were that close. And you're one of the most reliable source when it comes to In Sung. I'm glad to have you here together with other JIS fanatics. Hearing updates and his whereabouts is indeed fascinating. <3