Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

32 Gorgeous Korean Celebrities Who Don't Look Their Age

Jo In-Sung

Han Myung-Gu/WireImage

JO IN-SUNG

Multi-award winning actor, Jo In-Sung is not just known for his incredible acting skills but also his good looks that sends women swooning. From his 2016 gangster film titled Dirty Carnival to his recent historical film, The Great Battle, Jo looks like he hardly aged at all in a span of a decade in cinema. Jo will be turning 38 in July this year. 

https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/1052573/32-gorgeous-korean-celebrities-who-don-t-look-like-their-age#photo-987279

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jo In Sung Reveals What It’s Really Like To Be Friends With EXO’s D.O.

Their bromance is stronger than ever!

rrUtuuBSkrWSIwIfGXvPwklRTpuP1et85TGFDfTn

Actor Jo In Sung sat down for a live interview on Actor & Chatter, where he opened up about his close friendship with EXO‘s D.O. (aka. Do Kyungsoo).

D.O. was first mentioned when Jo In Sung predicted that their interview will receive about 12 million hearts total. Host Park Kyung Lim mentioned that no actor has gotten near 12 million hearts on their show except D.O.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/n3C_CFvc1TbCb7lgSI81TBpJHcaId2M14dfMXgq2iq05ftHbD56jDyuYBvRZXz7EMG_rfE0WaLBcaStowTMOGrhjcFdJMwsc=w380-nu-rh

I’m estimating about 12 million hearts [by the end of the broadcast]… No? Did that never happen before? Oh Kyungsoo [did].

Do I need to get him on the phone [to get more hearts]?

— Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung revealed that he actually met D.O. earlier that day. They ran into each other at a photoshoot where D.O. ran over to greet him with the happiest grin! Jo In Sung and Park Kyung Lim then continued to dive into the close bromance.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/KlHgrJy-jyROK8DLSXHbHsro-yY8dgTIFG5q7YouAzWPmm2eZSRiIs4iOTEZ7yXdWGCIN3EYwnttHgthz0A8XFD9Yn_oPTMQIA=w380-nu-rh

I just met him. I just met him today. He’s doing well.

We were coincidentally shooting for the same magazine today. We didn’t know that we were shooting at the same place. He suddenly approached me with a big smile. I was so surprised.

— Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung and EXO’s D.O. first met on set for It’s Okay That’s Love – D.O.’s debut drama as an actor. They had such a good chemistry that Jo In Sung reveals he’d like to work with him again, but this time as brothers in a thriller genre!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Y3_uBYhgveb4xGmFoJz1y4FPAkydiHMtxGIuDKhbfzB_PMG1W2WLVAEuTG3kVTAxhQdCmVnoyBdg5CQQHr09batGs80S0Jtq9A=w380-nu-rh

I think it’ll be best to play the roles of brothers. Maybe a thriller with Kyungsoo being the criminal.

— Jo In Sung

Not only do they work together, Jo In Sung and D.O. bonded over karaoke! He jokingly claimed that while D.O. sings like a professional, he gets kicked out of karaoke rooms because of his “embarrassing” singing skills!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HZUEzYVai4fR-eQ8IZ-YzjbEPUlD0mtGmm0R4_GYlwi3UsPMHnqvmpVf7ThSVCjzbF1lIoIDI8QX_9nQvzZkBKtXpk9JMy0ycg=w380-nu-rh

We’ve been to karaoke together. He’s really good at singing because he’s a vocalist.

Some karaoke places don’t let me in. They say I’m too loud and embarrassing. They tell me to leave if I’m going to sing like that.

— Jo In Sung

As two mega-talented actors, Jo In Sung and D.O. continue to support each other as the sweetest friends-slash-brothers!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1FhLm8WbQl2YXUwf4DpSbE7XUV3tefSPEzAlf8a8APTb9SFma9uh3Z9EOBXlSPMHuPcnxZsD1XHEBKubd5TTViv3tcKNPebx0A=w380-nu-rh

source : koreaboo

• Like 2

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Jo In Sung Reveals What It’s Really Like To Be Friends With EXO’s D.O.

Their bromance is stronger than ever!

Hi @willenette, thanks for this article! Their friendship is really admirable. A related and interesting article:

This Scene From “It’s Okay, That’s Love” Featuring EXO’s D.O Still Remains Korea’s Favorite After 5 Years

This article contains spoilers of the drama mentioned.

The popular K-Drama from 2014 called It’s Okay, That’s Love, featuring big name actors like Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin, really became a strong stepping stone for EXO‘s D.O to build his acting career as well.

vm9fosusbzDaG9XyzRJFjbsASO3GtFX5Qhb6lHY5

It has been five years since the show aired on TV, and many more K-Dramas have come and gone since then, but this one significant scene between Jo In Sung and D.O still remains a favorite for a lot of Korean viewers.

GX5eIUaQgBmYSY-kMMxVI1Gr6YiZsBochCY8exjL

In this scene, from episode 4, Jo In Sung is running alongside D.O.

m7iZPXx.gif

The two are very close, as D.O’s character Han Kang Woo follows Jo In Sung’s character Jang Jae Yeol very closely, as a brother, role model, and mentor.

sn052bQ.gif

The run started off as a playful chase, after Jo In Sung had abruptly introduced D.O to his crush. D.O was initially too embarrassed to approach the girl on his own – and to tease him, Jo In Sung called out the girl’s name and revealed D.O’s identity, then began running away.

HJYAbdu.gif

Spoiler

The shocking factor came at the end of the scene, as D.O fades away and the camera shows Jo In Sung running by himself.

pNxQtSm.gif

This is how the viewers found out for the first time that D.O’s character is actually not real – and that Jo In Sung’s character Jang Jae Yeol has schizophrenia. Korean viewers still look back to this scene and remember the goosebumps they got from realizing that D.O is actually a delusion haunting Jo In Sung.

BibDCde.gif

Interested in checking out the scene? Watch the full clip below:

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/scene-kdrama-okay-thats-love-featuring-exo-still-korean-favorite-5-years/

• Like 2

On 7/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, syntyche said:

Hi @willenette, thanks for this article! Their friendship is really admirable. A related and interesting article:

This Scene From “It’s Okay, That’s Love” Featuring EXO’s D.O Still Remains Korea’s Favorite After 5 Years

This article contains spoilers of the drama mentioned.

The popular K-Drama from 2014 called It’s Okay, That’s Love, featuring big name actors like Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin, really became a strong stepping stone for EXO‘s D.O to build his acting career as well.

It has been five years since the show aired on TV, and many more K-Dramas have come and gone since then, but this one significant scene between Jo In Sung and D.O still remains a favorite for a lot of Korean viewers.

GX5eIUaQgBmYSY-kMMxVI1Gr6YiZsBochCY8exjL

In this scene, from episode 4, Jo In Sung is running alongside D.O.

The two are very close, as D.O’s character Han Kang Woo follows Jo In Sung’s character Jang Jae Yeol very closely, as a brother, role model, and mentor.

The run started off as a playful chase, after Jo In Sung had abruptly introduced D.O to his crush. D.O was initially too embarrassed to approach the girl on his own – and to tease him, Jo In Sung called out the girl’s name and revealed D.O’s identity, then began running away.

Reveal hidden contents

The shocking factor came at the end of the scene, as D.O fades away and the camera shows Jo In Sung running by himself.

pNxQtSm.gif

This is how the viewers found out for the first time that D.O’s character is actually not real – and that Jo In Sung’s character Jang Jae Yeol has schizophrenia. Korean viewers still look back to this scene and remember the goosebumps they got from realizing that D.O is actually a delusion haunting Jo In Sung.

BibDCde.gif

Interested in checking out the scene? Watch the full clip below:

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/scene-kdrama-okay-thats-love-featuring-exo-still-korean-favorite-5-years/

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Ohhh.............this has been (5) years already. Still, it marked a memorable romance story in a unique way. If you don’t like tailored romantic dramas with the usual illness premise that is emotionally draining to watch, then you will appreciate this drama. I’m sure everyone who has felt that moment when they gave everything because of love would surely relate to it. The message of the drama can make us realize how having flaws and fears makes us human. It may trigger anyone’s memory of how it feels to love someone deeply without holding back. I saw all the faces of love tackled bravely and painfully in this love story without annoying third parties and excessive misunderstanding scenes.  :P Good drama. 

its-okay-thats-love-04.jpg

• Like 2

*** According to reports, Jo in Sung recently received a lovecall from scriptwriter Noh Hee Kyung for a possible new project! She was a scriptwriter for dramas like 'That Winter, the Wind Blows'& 'It's Okay, It's Love' where JIS was starring in. I hope he'll be back soon in the small screen with good story.  Per his Agency, no official offer has not been made yet instead she was asking for his schedule. The supposed upcoming drama is reportedly about the volunteer work of an NGO (non-governmental organization). I hope we could get an update on this soon.  I missed JIS doing a drama.  This news just made my day! :P

• Like 2

Hi @willenette, here's an article on that great news! I really hope we could see him in a drama soon!

Jo In Sung in talks to work with scriptwriter of 'That Winter, the Wind Blows' & 'It's Okay, It's Love' again for new drama

20190724-joinsungjpg.jpg

According to reports on July 24, actor Jo In Sung recently received a lovecall from scriptwriter Noh Hee Kyung for a possible new project.

Scriptwriter Noh Hee Kyung is well-known for her hit drama productions like 'That Winter, the Wind Blows', 'It's Okay, It's Love', 'Dear My Friends', 'Live', and more. She has worked with actor Jo In Sung for three of the productions mentioned above, and recently, it's been reported that the writer contacted Jo In Sung about her newest project. 

In response to the reports, Jo In Sung's label IOK Company told media outlets, "Scriptwriter Noh Hee Kyung simply contacted Jo In Sung about some of his schedules, but nothing regarding the specific direction of Jo In Sung's involvement in her new project has been decided. The synopsis for the new production has not been completed yet, but once we receive a completed synopsis, Jo In Sung intends to look over the project and consider his appearance seriously." 

Reports say that scriptwriter Noh Hee Kyung's upcoming production deals with stories and lives of individuals who work in non-profit and volunteering fields. Actor Bae Sung Woo of 'Live' has also been contacted about his possible involvement. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/07/jo-in-sung-in-talks-work-with-scriptwriter-of-that-winter-the-wind-blows-its-okay-its-love-again-for-new-drama

• Like 2

Hi syntyche,  there's no doubt & I'm confident that JIS will take this offer as soon as this is official. Why not? The (2) had done dramas together. I'm all ready for this!  Now, I will wait who will be the female lead here. As long as JIS is in, this will be perfect. :P

• Like 2

Hi @willenette. Their previous works were really great dramas, so JIS should seriously consider the upcoming project! Here's another article:

Jo In Sung And Bae Sung Woo Reported To Star In Drama By “It’s Okay, That’s Love” Writer + Agencies Respond

4509ea14a3c8493d941ee8293b9651f0.jpeg?s=

Jo In Sung and Bae Sung Woo may be reuniting for a new drama!

On July 24, it was reported that the actors have received offers for an upcoming drama by writer No Hee Kyung.

Jo In Sung’s agency IOK Company commented in response, “Writer No Hee Kyung has only asked about Jo In Sung’s schedule,” explaining that an official offer has not been made yet. The agency added, “The synopsis has not been released yet. However, he is definitely willing to review the synopsis once it is released, and he will then make his decision.”

Bae Sung Woo’s agency Artist Company responded, “He received the offer to star in writer No Hee Kyung’s new drama, and he is positively considering it.”

The two actors have previously worked together in the films “The King” and “The Great Battle.”

Jo In Sung has starred in No Hee Kyung’s previous dramas “That Winter, The Wind Blows,” “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” and “Dear My Friends,” while Bae Sung Woo starred in the writer’s drama “Live.” No Hee Kyung’s upcoming drama is reportedly about the volunteer work of an NGO (non-governmental organization).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1341018wpp/jo-in-sung-and-bae-sung-woo-reported-to-star-in-drama-by-its-okay-thats-love-writer-agencies-respond

• Like 2

*** If JIS  will sign up, it would be a reunion with the scriptwriter.  The same thing with Bae Sung-woo who also starred in "The King" and "The Great Battle" together. I heard that they’re known to be close off-screen. I think he's quite charming! Please return to dramaland, JIS!  Missed him in a drama! Aside from the female lead, I'm also curious for the broadcaster/network of this upcoming drama. I hope we could get some more information sooner. JIS is one of my biases! I AM EXCITED for this. :P

Jo In-sung and Bae Sung-woo Consider Noh Hee-kyeong's Latest

photo1085640.jpg

Will Jo In-sung and Bae Sung-woo meet in Noh Hee-kyeong's latest?

IOK Company announced that Noh Hee-kyeong asked Jo In-sung to be in her drama, but he hasn't made any decisions yet.

The scenario has not even come out yet and there's plenty of room for consideration when it does.

Bae Sung-woo's agency, Artist Company, also stated that the actor is considering the offer.

The drama that has been offered to them is about a non-governmental organization's volunteer and relief efforts.

It is very likely that Jo In-sung will work with Noh Hee-kyeong, as they have worked on a few dramas together such as "That Winter, the Wind Blows", "It's Okay, That's Love" and "Dear My Friends". Bae Sung-woo met Noh Hee-kyeong in "Live".

Source : star.mt.co.kr/stview....

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 11:56 AM, syntyche said:

July 28, 2019

Happy Birthday Jo In Sung!

Hi syntyche, thanks for the reminder that it was his special day yesterday, dear. :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Oppa! Better late than never at all! I hope you had a grand time celebrating your birthday. :heart:

**** Nam Joo Hyuk may be joining Jo in Sung  in a new drama! It's again a reunion to both of them since he also starred in the movie “The Great Battle”. I heard that the synopsis and script are not complete yet.  Maybe this is the reason why there's still no official offer to JIS yet. Nothing has been confirmed yet. I also heard that it's highly likely to be scheduled for broadcast next year on tvN. Fighting everyone! :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willenette said:

**** Nam Joo Hyuk may be joining Jo in Sung  in a new drama! It's again a reunion to both of them since he also starred in the movie “The Great Battle”. I heard that the synopsis and script are not complete yet.  Maybe this is the reason why there's still no official offer to JIS yet. Nothing has been confirmed yet. I also heard that it's highly likely to be scheduled for broadcast next year on tvN. Fighting everyone! :D

It's a reunion for the three, with Bae Sung Woo. Excited for this! It's been too long since JIS had a kdrama. Here's an article on this news:

Nam Joo Hyuk In Talks Along With Jo In Sung For New Drama

cda605129e3b4eaab0d433c924d5917f.jpeg?s=

Nam Joo Hyuk may be joining Jo In Sung and Bae Sung Woo in a new drama!

On July 29, Xportsnews reported that Nam Joo Hyuk was being considered for writer No Hee Kyung’s new drama that Jo In Sung and Bae Sung Woo were previously revealed to be in talks for. Jo In Sung has not received an official offer yet, but he is willing to review the synopsis once he receives it. Bae Sung Woo has received an offer and is positively considering it.

The production company for the new drama stated to Newsen, “It is true that we offered Nam Joo Hyuk a role in writer No Hee Kyung’s new drama. Nam Joo Hyuk is very happy about the offer, but because the synopsis and script are not complete yet, he is positively observing how things turn out. Nothing has been confirmed yet.”

The three actors starred in the 2018 movie “The Great Battle” together, and they showed off their friendship on variety shows like MBC’s “Radio Star.”

The upcoming drama is reportedly about the volunteer work of an international NGO (non-governmental organization) and is highly likely to be scheduled for broadcast next year on tvN.

Screenwriter No Hee Kyung has worked on “That Winter, The Wind Blows,” “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” and “Dear My Friends,” which star Jo In Sung, as well as “Live,” starring Bae Sung Woo.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1341884wpp/nam-joo-hyuk-in-talks-along-with-jo-in-sung-for-new-drama

• Like 2

18 hours ago, syntyche said:

It's a reunion for the three, with Bae Sung Woo. Excited for this! It's been too long since JIS had a kdrama. Here's an article on this news:

Nam Joo Hyuk In Talks Along With Jo In Sung For New Drama

Nam Joo Hyuk may be joining Jo In Sung and Bae Sung Woo in a new drama!

On July 29, Xportsnews reported that Nam Joo Hyuk was being considered for writer No Hee Kyung’s new drama that Jo In Sung and Bae Sung Woo were previously revealed to be in talks for. Jo In Sung has not received an official offer yet, but he is willing to review the synopsis once he receives it. Bae Sung Woo has received an offer and is positively considering it.

The production company for the new drama stated to Newsen, “It is true that we offered Nam Joo Hyuk a role in writer No Hee Kyung’s new drama. Nam Joo Hyuk is very happy about the offer, but because the synopsis and script are not complete yet, he is positively observing how things turn out. Nothing has been confirmed yet.”

The three actors starred in the 2018 movie “The Great Battle” together, and they showed off their friendship on variety shows like MBC’s “Radio Star.”

The upcoming drama is reportedly about the volunteer work of an international NGO (non-governmental organization) and is highly likely to be scheduled for broadcast next year on tvN.

Screenwriter No Hee Kyung has worked on “That Winter, The Wind Blows,” “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” and “Dear My Friends,” which star Jo In Sung, as well as “Live,” starring Bae Sung Woo.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1341884wpp/nam-joo-hyuk-in-talks-along-with-jo-in-sung-for-new-drama

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this.  Han Ji Min and Shin Min Ah may be joining the drama, too as the female leads. OMG - If this is true, what an amazing cast & an awesome drama! I hope this will happen. Can’t wait! :P

• Like 1

*** I'm all in for this. :P

Ha Ji Min and Shin Mina in Talks to Jo in Sung and Nam Joo Hyuk in New Screenwriter No Hee Kyung Drama

LINK here http://koalasplayground.com/2019/07/29/han-ji-min-and-shin-mina-in-talks-to-join-jo-in-sung-and-nam-joo-hyuk-in-new-screenwriter-noh-hee-kyung-drama/

• Like 1

@willenette,  hopefully, JIS does get to be in this star-studded drama! More news on this:

Spoiler

a140047c5a654ea18bd90e4b362e04f7.jpeg?s=

Han Ji Min And Shin Min Ah In Talks Along With Jo In Sung And Nam Joo Hyuk For Upcoming Drama

Han Ji Min and Shin Min Ah may be joining Jo In Sung and Nam Joo Hyuk in a new drama by screenwriter No Hee Kyung!

On July 30, Ilgan Sports reported that Han Ji Min and Shin Min Ah will be starring in screenwriter No Hee Kyung’s new drama as the female leads.

Soon after, the drama’s production company relayed to Newsen, “It is true that we offered Han Ji Min and Shin Min Ah roles in writer No Hee Kyung’s new drama. However, because the synopsis and script are not complete, nothing is confirmed yet.”

Han Ji Min previously worked with the writer through the 2011 JTBC drama “Padam Padam.” If Shin Min Ah accepts the offer, it will be her first time acting in writer No Hee Kyung’s drama. Other actors who are in talks to join the drama’s cast are Jo In Sung, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Bae Sung Woo.

The drama reportedly tells the story of an international NGO’s (non-governmental organization’s) volunteer work. According to Ilgan Sports, filming will begin next year, and the drama will air in the second half of 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1342133wpp/han-ji-min-and-shin-min-ah-in-talks-along-with-jo-in-sung-and-nam-joo-hyuk-for-upcoming-drama

• Like 2

Hallyu Star Spotlight: 7 Times We Adored Jo In Sung For His Spontaneous Cuteness

d1e2330e54724c8b839486da674a2687.jpeg-66

GOOD-LOOKING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT FOR HALLYU STAR JO IN SUNG. MORE THAN HIS VISUALS, HIS PERSONALITY MAKES HIM SHINE EVEN MORE BRIGHTLY.

Award-winning Korean actor Jo In Sung just turned 39 (Korean Age) on July 28 and we simply cannot stop adoring his almost perfect personality.

jo-in-sung-high-cut-01-drama-chronicles.

Known for his versatility, Jo has always been one of the most coveted actors in Korea. From his breakthrough drama, Memories Of Bali, he became a household name in the TV industry. He again proved his exceptional acting skills as he acted alongside Song Hye Kyo in the SBS drama, That Winter The Wind Blows. Furthermore, he showed his soft side in the romantic drama, It’s Okay It’s Love with Gong Hyo Jin.

It has been five years since his last television drama and fans are eagerly waiting for his next project.

Outside his small screen projects, the actor has been busy lately promoting for his movies.  In 2018, he starred in the epic history drama movie, The Great Battle. He played Yang Manchun, a benevolent and great leader of the Goguryeo troops.

Jo In Sung may be intimidating in his movies and dramas, but in real life, he is still an ordinary person just like us. What makes him stand out is his cute candidness and outgoing personality.

Though he is a well-known hallyu star, in his free time, Jo is mostly seen in public going out and travelling with his celebrity friends.

Before his birth month ends, join us as we celebrate his natal day by looking back on his previous TV guestings.

JO IN SUNG TRAVEL STYLE

Further to acting, Jo is also like a big brother to his fellow celebrity friends, Lee Kwang Soo and EXO’s Do Kyung Soo. While promoting The Great Battle, Jo appeared in Radio Star and he shared how he travels with his friends.

Spoiler

HIS CUTE REACTION WHEN HE FOUND OUT HIS RANK IN “THE CENTURY’S TOP 100 HUNK”

Jo In Sung is one of the most handsome actors in South Korea. When asked on what he thinks his rank is he claimed that he is #2 but when he found out his actual rank, he got a witty and funny way of accepting the truth.

Spoiler

HE IS A GENEROUS FRIEND

Jo In Sung has many celebrity friends. To celebrate the friendship, he sometimes treat his friends to a travel. When Song Joong Ki was discharged from the military, he gifted him with a trip to Thailand.

Spoiler

JO IN SUNG IS QUICK WITTED

During his impromptu guesting in Happy Together, many noticed his talent in variety show hosting. He showed how quick-witted he is in improvisational situations. In this show, many were happy about Jo In Sung and Park Bo Gum’s short and funny conversation over the phone.

Spoiler

HE MAKES PEOPLE HAPPY WITH HIS APPEARANCE

In Happy Together‘s 500th anniversary, Jo In Sung received a sudden call from Ji Suk Jin. As a newly added MC to the show and as part of their anniversary, he was tasked to call a famous person to appear as an impromptu guest. To his surprise, Jo In Sung made a sudden appearance on the show.

Spoiler

SINGING IS HIS HIDDEN TALENT

What more can this handsome actor do? Aside from his good looks, stunning height and impeccable acting skills, Jo In Sung can sing. He usually sings for his fans on his fan-meetings but he showed his singing talent on national television during his Radio Star guesting.

Spoiler

HE IS ALL-OUT TO HIS FANS

While promoting his movie, The King, Jo In Sung went out on a Guerilla Dateguestings with his fellow actors, Jung Woo Sung and Bae Sung Woo. He and his other cast members had fan together with fans who gathered in Gangnam despite the short notice. One of the the many things why he is loved by his fans is his witty spontaneity and awesome fan service.

Spoiler

Jo In Sung is indeed more than just a talented actor but also has a cheerful, warm and witty personality.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/hallyu-star-spotlight-7-times-we-adored-jo-in-sung/

• Thanks 1

*** I didn’t remember her in the movie but I have my own DVD copy of this so, I will watch this again when I can find time soon.  :PShe said she just played a minor role.......

ITZY’s Ryujin Talks About Her Experience Acting With Jo In Sung In “The King”

0c02d4a043914572a772e7142c1dd99d.jpeg?s=

ITZY’s Ryujin shared what it was like to act alongside Jo In Sung!

On the August 6 episode of SBS’s “Night of Real Entertainment,” it was mentioned that ITZY’s Ryujin played minor roles in the film “The King” and BTS’s “Love Yourself” highlight reel in 2017.

Ryujin said, “Although I played a minor role, Jo In Sung gave me a lot of advice. He is also really tall and his face is very small. I realized why people like him so much.”

itzy-ryujin.jpg

Watch “The King” on Viki below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

Ahjussi Crushes: 15 Handsome Actors We Can’t Believe Are Around 40

They say youth is wasted on the young, but not in K-dramas. Dramaland is a place where many older actors still have all the fresh-faced charm and sex appeal they had in their early twenties. Sometimes we have to blink and rub our eyes a little bit. Could that birth date really be right?

Our favorite older actors look just as good as their younger counterparts, but they really win the day when it comes to charisma. Maybe it’s down to hard work and experience. Maybe it’s the effortless sexiness that only maturity can bring. Maybe they’re just superhuman? Whatever it is, we can’t complain, only appreciate. So behold, fellow ahjussi admirers! Here are 15 actors aged (almost) 37 and above who turn our heads every time.

Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung recently turned 38 on July 28th. Here he is trying not to crack up at something adorable you just did.

jo-in-sung.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343335wpp/ahjussi-crushes-15-handsome-actors-we-cant-believe-are-around-40

************************************************************************************

6 K-Dramas That Tell Mature Stories

We’re all very well acquainted with stories that involve a poor girl and a filthy rich guy who’s a total jerk forming an unlikely couple. We’re also used to tales of first loves and love triangles that sometimes get so complicated our heads start to spin. These familiar stories remain entertaining as we watch them play out time and again, but sometimes it’d be refreshing to see something that goes a little deeper, wouldn’t it?

Today I present to you a handful of K-dramas that go beyond just the romance side of things. They consider the human experience through different lenses, asking hard-hitting questions that make both the characters and viewers reflect on their lives, as well as society. Still, despite dealing with heavy topics, these dramas adroitly weave humor into their stories, preventing viewers from becoming completely emotionally drained. (Really, I promise they aren’t filled with only doom and gloom.)

So forget about the Cinderella stories, high school romances, and love-hate relationships where the couple doesn’t even kiss until the second to last episode; these dramas are here to show you their mature sides.

It’s Okay, That’s Love

Can I just start by saying that this drama is really, really good? Like put that other drama you’re watching right now on hold good. “It’s Okay, That’s Love” starts off as another drama where the main characters get off on the wrong foot due to their clashing personalities. Big deal, right? The story becomes much more intricate, however, as we begin to catch glimpses of the characters’ often unstable mental states.

its-okay-thats-love.gif

This drama features a captivating story and a spectacular cast, hence my need to sing its praises from the get-go. Moreover, it tackles mental illness in a way that challenges existing misconceptions and prejudices viewers might have, while also attempting to make the topic much more accessible to the general public. Another aspect that makes this drama truly shine is the actors’ masterful portrayal of emotions. I found Jo In Sung’s performance especially moving.

its-okay-thats-love-31.gif

its-okay-thats-love-41.gif

This drama will undoubtedly pull at your heartstrings as you watch its characters come together to comfort each other, support each other, and ultimately love each other.

its-okay-thats-love-2.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1340726wpp/6-k-dramas-that-tell-mature-stories

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

13 Actors And Actresses Who Always Pick Good Roles

Don’t you just hate it when you have high expectations for a K-drama and then it ends up not being as exciting as you thought it would be? We’ve all been there, and it can be so disappointing. But then there are certain actors and actresses who pick and choose to be in amazing K-dramas that we can almost guarantee will be good. It’s definitely not the case with all of them, but the ones who are on this list have definitely proven to us time and time again that their series are worth the wait and the watch.

Jo In Sung

Notable K-dramas: “Dear My Friends” (small appearance), “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” “That Winter, The Wind Blows,” “Spring Days,” “What Happened in Bali”

Jo-In-Sung-768x512.jpg

Considering how long ago Jo In Sung started acting, he hasn’t been in that many K-dramas. He picks and chooses his dramas very wisely, which we very much respect. Knowing that his K-drama appearances are few and far between, we’re pretty confident when it comes to his choices.

His last lead role as famous writer Jang Jae Yul in “It’s Okay, That’s Love” was a mega hit, and his performance was so memorable. Jo In Sung has so much experience, which is probably why he’s able to captivate viewers in his roles. He’s worth watching an entire series for just to see his amazing acting skills! I’m definitely looking forward to seeing his next project because it’s bound to be good!

jo-in-sung1.gif

(skipped unrelated)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1346713wpp/13-actors-and-actresses-who-always-pick-good-roles

• Like 2