Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

*** JIS is wearing a Christian Dior suit............ NICE. :P

rose among the thorns

2018258315367426063954824723287688302.jp

The cast of Ansi Fortress met the press again and for some reason, I think Seol Hyun looks very lovely here despite not liking her dress much. Maybe it is her loose waves and glowing makeup. Plus, she is standing next to Nam Joo Hyuk for the first time in a group shot. Bae Seung Woo, known as the eternal scene-stealer, is adorable in his grey suit. My baby boy looks so sweet and I like the closeups of his cute mien. The box office competition is heating up since there will be several movies starring big names to be released at around the same time.

1s4lwwrw5f_1812028665940822294.jpg?w=620

1s4ly6yl1t_17300166015129176840.jpg?w=62

1s4lwwxtlw_16224743408334508142.jpg?w=62

• Like 2

Son Ye Jin is asked to pick her favorite male co-star among Jung Hae In, Jo In Sung, So Ji Sub, and more

Son Ye Jin has worked with many handsome actors for dramas and movies. The reporter asked, "You've worked with Jo In Sung, Jung Woo Sung, So Ji Sub, Jung Hae In, and more. Which actor did you like the most?" 

Son Ye Jin replied, "How am I supposed to pick? I can never pick one. I can't imagine my role without them. I can't pick."

son-ye-jin_1536591237_sy.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/09/son-ye-jin-is-asked-to-pick-her-favorite-male-co-star-among-jung-hae-in-jo-in-sung-so-ji-sub-and-more

18 hours ago, syntyche said:

Jo In Sung and "The Great Battle" cast in Radio Star 091218

Reveal hidden contents

Dm5614PWsAAJunp.jpg

Dm56ewcXsAAUA0U.jpg

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing some captures during his appearance in the show. This episode became a hot topic after it aired. JIS said that he could only watch it for 20 minutes because he had to attend an event. His mom watched it though. He has been working hard to promote his upcoming movie, ‘The Great Battle.'” Can't wait for this movie on September 19. It's coming soon........... :P

Cho Seung Woo Gives High Praise To Jo In Sung, Talks About The Movie He Turned Down 3 Times, And More

d9105605827f4909ba36cc04d3a99f6d.jpeg?s=

In a recent V Live broadcast, Cho Seung Woo, who is starring in the upcoming film “Feng Shui” (working title), talked about Jo In Sung, the star of a rivaling film, his own acting process, and more.

For Jo In Sung, who’s starring in the “The Great Battle,” Cho Seung Woo had endless praise, likening Jo In Sung to “Korea’s DiCaprio.” Cho Seung Woo said, “He’s a great actor. You could put him out there anywhere in the world, and he would be a wonderful actor.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Hi @willenette, so excited for the movie, too. It's got great reviews so far.

(Movie Review) The Great Battle: Spectacular, glorious war epic

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, Sept. 14 (Yonhap) -- Visually striking, imaginative and compelling, "The Great Battle" easily claims its status as one of the most impressive war epics to have come out of Korean cinema in a long time.

Set in 645, the movie re-enacts the legendary 88-day battle that Gen. Yang Man-chun (played by Zo In-sung) and his 5,000 Koguryo troops fought desperately against the superior Chinese Tang invaders.

Koguryo is one of the three Korean ancient kingdoms, which lasted from the first to seventh centuries and stretched from the central part of Korea well into modern-day northeastern China at its peak.

After experiencing a crushing defeat in a war against the Tang troops led by Emperor Taizong (Park Sung-woong), Yeon Gaesomun (Yoo Oh-seong), the ruler of Koguryo, sends his young officer Sa-mul (Nam Joo-hyuk) to Ansi, a fortress town located on the northern tip of the kingdom to assassinate Yang. The lord of the town was labeled a traitor for not sending his troops to the war. Taizong then heads to Ansi, the final unconquered frontier town, before marching down to take Pyongyang.

Since little is known about the battle and Yang, making a tentpole based on long-forgotten ancient history with a relatively untested director was a massive gamble and could have gone horribly wrong.

But with the movie, director Kim Kwang-sik did what seems to be impossible: He combined his energetic style with spectacular slow-motion sequences depicting every detail of the battle's ferocious brutality and the fear of the outnumbered Koguryo soldiers as they see the swarming Tang invaders.

A scene from "The Great Battle" (Yonhap)

Kim used his cinematic imagination to recreate the main forces of the Koguryo troops and the border town, and to describe how Yang and his outnumbered soldiers outwit their formidable adversaries.

Setting new standards in Korean action films, Kim and cinematographer Nam Dong-geun used Sky Walker, a robotic camera arm, high-speed Phantom cameras and other cutting-edge filming devices to assemble glorious, nail-biting battle scenes.

Zo stands out as the lord of Ansi -- the young actor's best role yet. His acting helps shatter stereotypes about generals or military commanders, who usually are described to be old, charismatic and undaunted. But Zo's general character is young, humble and benevolent but also shrewd, courageous, and heroic on the battlefield. Audiences may feel he is miscast for the lead role at first because of his image as a light-hearted pop star, but he proves that he is the best choice.

There are also some fine performances by supporting actors to note, such as Bae Sung-woo as Yang's deputy and right-hand man Choo Soo-ji, as well as O Tae-hwan and Park Byung-eun as the Hwalbo-Pung warrior duo

The Next Entertainment World presentation is set to open on Sept. 19, days before the long Chuseok fall harvest holiday weekend.

sshim@yna.co.kr

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2018/09/14/0200000000AEN20180914006400315.html

Parkland IG Update

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnr4VkrnSTq/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=15hb2hiyl3kyz 

DnA3wJXV4AAmNJR.jpg

"The Great Battle" cast in Cine21 No.1173

DnH8MejU8AAzPzV.jpg

DnH80AuUwAAZ9y8.jpg

Spoiler

DnH8M-2U8AAk0h0.jpg

DnH8Ne2UcAA_2HL.jpg

DnH8OHeVYAAqG14.jpg

DnH80i5U4AA_N58.jpg

Casts of [The Great Battle] Did a Photoshoot Together... It`s an Unbelievable High Level of Visuals This Photoshoot Had

•  

Visual after visual after visual. 

The upcoming film 'The Great Battle's casts gathered for a photoshoot together with 'HIGH CUT Magazine' that has been released through its September Issue in the country. Not only did this film had its promising line of casts, it came with a stunning line of visuals too. 

Actors and actresses Jo Insung, Nam Joohyuk, Park Seongwoo, Bae Seongwoo, AOA's Seolhyun, Uhm Taegu, Park Byeongeun, and more showed their tip-top charismas and chic vibe for the photoshoot.

Spoiler

#

temp_befc53aa88d29b677815500dbaa4bda3.jpg

temp_a35e57f5bf3fae03fecb1815a3a9d873.jpg

The film is going to be shown in the theaters on September 19th. Check out their pictorial shoot clip in the video above! 

http://kstarlive.com/Casts-of--The-Great-Battle--Did-a-Photoshoot-Together----It-s-an-Unbelievable-High-Level-of-Visuals-This-Photoshoot-Had-6003332

Jo In Sung Comments On Reactions To His “Radio Star” Appearance

Jo In Sung Comments On Reactions To His “Radio Star” Appearance

Sep 14, 2018
by esspee

Jo In Sung shared his thoughts on appearing on variety shows.

On September 13, the actor met with Korean media outlet YTN for an interview to promote his latest film “The Great Battle,” which is his first movie in a year after “The King.”

“The Great Battle” tells the story of the 88 days of battle in Ansi City, which is known as the most dramatic and greatest victory in the history of wars in East Asia. Jo In Sung appears as Yang Man Chun, lwho tries to protect his fortress and the people in the action-filled blockbuster.

Ahead of the film’s premiere, Jo In Sung and his film co-stars Bae Sung Woo, Park Byung Eun, and Nam Joo Hyuk appeared on the September 12 episode of MBC’s “Radio Star.” The episode became a hot topic after it aired.

When asked about the various reactions from viewers after the episode aired, Jo In Sung said, “I didn’t expect it. Yesterday, I could only watch it for 20 minutes because I had to attend an event. My mom watched it though.” He added with a smile, “I think I may have been too talkative.”

On his reason for appearing on “Radio Star,” Jo In Sung explained, “Various projects premiere this Chuseok. In order to survive amongst them, you must make [variety show appearances]. I really wanted to try my best for ‘The Great Battle.'”

He continued, “‘Radio Star’ isn’t a place you can suddenly go on. You have to do a pre-interview and go on the designated date. Fortunately, my close friend Cha Tae Hyun is also there [as an MC], so I was able to appear on the show. It was a fun experience.”

He added, “I’m not against appearing on variety shows. If they ask me to come on the show, I appear. I’ve always done that. Of course, I shouldn’t overdo it.”

“The Great Battle” will premiere on September 19. Check out the latest episode of “Radio Star” below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1229955wpp/jo-sung-comments-reactions-radio-star-appearance

Zo In-sung brings charisma to a war general : The actor takes a fresh approach to a classic period movie

Sept 14,2018
In “The Great Battle,” actor Zo In-sung plays a friendly and charismatic General Yang Man-chun from Goguryeo (37 B.C.-A.D. 668), who wins a miraculous victory against half a million men invading from the Tang Dynasty. [IOK COMPANY]
Through many period movies - one of the most beloved genres in Korea - local audiences have come to believe that generals in fierce battles are sanctified men who are emotionally detached from their soldiers and sufficiently experienced as seen by their age. General Yang Man-chun from the upcoming period movie, “The Great Battle,” however, proves otherwise. 

Played by the charming heart-throb Zo In-sung, who is known for rom-coms like the 2014 SBS drama “It’s Okay, That’s Love” (2014), he plays a handsome, humane and generous General Yang who exudes a sense of charisma that is powerful enough to band his people together to fight against invading enemies. 

“At first, I couldn’t match General Yang,” said Zo during an interview held in central Seoul on Thursday. Zo rejected the offer to play the role twice, but the director assured the actor that Yang would be different from the generals commonly seen in period flicks. And the desire to “create something new” was enough to convince Zo to join the film. 

“I thought it might work if I approached the character in a more friendly style - someone like a brother you would commonly encounter in the neighborhood. I tried to regard his position as a general as just a title [instead of something that defines him].” 

Set during the Goguryeo Dynasty (37 B.C.-A.D. 668), “The Great Battle” is about a battle between Yang and his troops trying to defend Ansi Fortress against half a million men from the Tang Dynasty trying to invade.

The epic battle continued for 88 days, and ultimately Yang, who had less than one-tenth of the soldiers the invading force had, was the victor. 

Directed by Kim Kwang-sik of “My Dear Desperado“ (2010), the movie also stars Nam Joo-hyuk, Bae Seong-woo and Um Tae-goo as Yang’s soldiers and Park Sung-woong as the emperor of Tang. Seol Hyun from girl group AOA also appears as Yang’s brave sister. 

Despite being a compelling figure, not much information is known about the general, taking off pressure and providing leeway for Zo to reimagine the general. 

“I didn’t refer to anyone in particular,” said Zo. “Though Yang Man-chun is a great man, I felt too pressured to take on the character when I thought of him as a great man. So instead of trying to be a charismatic general like many others we have seen [in historical movies], I wanted to portray him as a free person without agony - someone without the ambition to climb up ranks.” Zo added, “But this involved risks - it became challenging for me to set a standard in defining the character.” 

Zo also liked the idea of Yang’s ambitious yet simple goal to protect the fortress for his people. 

“[I guess] his aim wasn’t as grand as saving Goguryeo when he went out for the seemingly unbeatable battle. He simply worked hard to fight against the invaders, and his simple goal is what brought about victory.” 

Zo also shared his hopes for more movies set in the Goguryeo Dynasty. “There are not many historical movies that go as far as Goguryeo. There are so many materials that can be dealt with during that period. And I think ‘The Great Battle’ is just the beginning.” 

Even 20 years since his debut, Zo is determined to pull off more diverse roles. “Because of my [modern-looking] appearance, I have mostly played prince charming roles. I haven’t gotten many offers for historical movies. But I will have to break that stereotype. This doesn’t mean I’d insist on working on period flicks because there are so many things to do. But if there is a tempting opportunity, I’m willing to take it.” 

Zo, who debuted as a model, does not want to place any special meaning on his 20th anniversary of his debut. Instead, he simply wants to continue his work as he has been doing. “[Even after 20 years], there will be times that I fall down. But what matters is how quickly I can get up.” 

When asked whether the number 20 has any special meaning to him, Zo answered, “When spring passes, summer comes and the seasons continue to pass. That is natural. There isn’t something like a special spring or a special summer. I’ll just take the path [of an actor] just as I have been doing.” 

The movie opens in theaters on Wednesday. It is rated 12 and above. 

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

Jo In Sung Talks About His Character In “The Great Battle,” Teamwork With Cast, And More

Jo In Sung Talks About His Character In “The Great Battle,” Teamwork With Cast, And More

Sep 15, 2018
by blessedkpop

In a recent interview, Jo In Sung answered questions about his new movie “The Great Battle,” as well as questions about his acting life.

“The Great Battle” is an action blockbuster about the 88 days of battle at Ansi City during the Goguryeo Dynasty. In the film, Jo In Sung appears as general Yang Man Chun, a defender of Ansi Fortress who leads his forces to fight against China’s largest army.

First, Jo In Sung talked about how he rejected the role twice before actually taking it. He said, “I wondered if I fit the role of Yang Man Chun. When I think of generals, the first people I think of are Choi Min Sik from ‘The Admiral: Roaring Currents’ and Kim Myung Min from ‘Immortal Admiral Yi Sun Sin.’ That’s why I rejected the role twice. When I received the offer for the third time, I thought, ‘Why are they doing this to me? On top of that, the production cost is 22 billion won [approximately $19.6 million].”

Jo In Sung eventually accepted the offer after hearing the production crew’s determination to create a modern historical drama. They thought they would be able to create a fresh and young historical movie if Jo In Sung played Yang Man Chun. The director added that Yang Man Chun’s age in the movie would’ve been around Jo In Sung’s current age, so the actor decided to experience a new challenge as well.

The interviewer commented that it was refreshing to hear Jo In Sung’s voice in the movie, even though he didn’t have a “historical movie tone,” and Jo In Sung agreed, saying, “Unless I’m born again, this is my voice. So I needed a clear concept.” Then he added, “I think the first scene was important. As you can see from the movie, it opens up with a battle, and Yang Man Chun appears from behind. I thought the audience would feel frustrated if the serious mood continues from the beginning. That’s when the director asked for us to show the relaxed sides of Ansi citizens. Actors like Bae Sung Woo, Park Byung Eun, and Uhm Tae Goo act freely, so I was able to naturally follow them.”

When asked about how the cast worked on their teamwork, Jo In Sung answered, “The cast and crew stayed in one condo together. I went down to Goseong early and got close to a fisherman in the town, so I was able to bring a variety of seafood back. When Joo Hyuk came back from overseas, he brought expensive alcohol that we drank together.”

Jo In Sung also revealed how he felt when he saw the reactions after the press conference. He described, “Honestly, the first thoughts I had were ‘I’m so relieved’ and ‘I survived.’ Of course, I still have the audience’s evaluation left. The most important evaluation is left, but at this moment, I think [the expression] ‘I survived’ is right. I was relieved I’d be able to work on another production.”

When asked what he wants the viewers to say after watching the movie, he commented, “Rather than say something, I wish they would look up Yang Man Chun in the search engine. My acting is not the main focus, and I hope people will take more interest in the history of Goguryeo through this movie.”

Jo-In-Sung-2.jpg

Jo In Sung is approaching his 40s soon, and they say male actors perform best at that age. To that, he said, “I heard that. I think dramas and movies these days are being planned for diverse ages. Before, they strongly went for younger actors, but after watching ‘Mr. Sunshine,’ I can clearly feel the expandability of actors’ talents. It’s good to see a world where actors can stay active for a long time.”

He compared his 30s and 40s, saying, “The fact that I’m still active now means the public doesn’t have a bad image of me. I’m curious about what I’ll be like in my 40s as well. When that time comes, I still want to be an actor who can sympathize with the public. I also want to be a person without incompatibility.”

The actor also shared his candid thoughts about future productions. He explained, “When I watch movies these days, I think that I don’t have to be the main role. As long as the character is clear, I think I’d enjoy playing a supporting role without any discomfort. If I do it effectively, it will certainly make [people] recognize me.”

“The Great Battle” will premiere on September 19.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1230809wpp/jo-sung-talks-character-great-battle-teamwork-cast

Jo In Sung as General Yang Man Chun in 'The Great Battle' https://

'The Great Battle' Press Conference 091218 full video

'The Great Battle' Press Conference

'The Great Battle' Press Preview

@wellgousa will be bringing the Korean war epic #TheGreatBattle to selected theatres from 21 September. Here's the trailer

Nam Joo Hyuk Has Nothing But Admiration For Jo In Sung

46a08bd69743494d9491813c7d494b33.jpeg?s=

On September 17, Nam Joo Hyuk held an interview where he talked about his “The Great Battle” co-star Jo In Sung. Jo In Sung plays general Yang Man Choon, while Nam Joo Hyuk portrays Sa Mul, as the two take on the battle of Ansi Fortress.

Nam Joo Hyuk shared, “As filming for the movie went on, I could feel Sa Mul’s growth. I could also feel myself growing along with the film.” He added, “Just working with such great seniors was an honor in and of itself. Whenever I went on set, I learned a lot, just as Sa Mul learned at the scene of battle.”

He continued, “There’s a lot to learn from all the senior actors. Jo In Sung in particular, I learned things just from watching him. I realized and reflected on the fact that even though I try to work on being a good person, I need to become an even better person.”

“The Great Battle” will premiere on September 19.

Source (1) / soompi news

[Herald Review] ‘The Great Battle’ has its flaws, but is an action-packed spectacle

While he is by no means a great actor, Zo In-sung’s acting has improved tremendously since his sitcom days. But the actor’s voice is one of his glaring weaknesses, and a weak voice is a significant disadvantage in period pieces.

This is why I expected Zo, cast in the lead as Gen. Yang Man-chun, to be the downfall of “The Great Battle,” which depicts the Goguryeo Kingdom’s fight against the powerful Chinese empire of Tang.

To my surprise, director Kim Kwang-sik did a clever job of masking his actors’ weak points and making the most of their strengths in this action-packed flick.

The movie kicks off with a grand battle between Goguryeo and Tang, led by Yeon Gaesomun (Yoo Oh-seong) on the Goguryeo side and Emperor Taizong (Park Sung-woong) on the Tang side. After a devastating defeat, Yeon retreats to the capital of Pyongyang for the final siege, leaving nothing between the 200,000-strong army of Tang and the fortress town of Ansiseong.

20180913000649_0.jpg

Yeon, who considers Yang a traitor for not falling in line with his military coup, sends Sa-mul -- a young officer from Ansiseong played by Nam Joo-hyuk -- to the fortress to assassinate Yang. Sa-mul also holds a grudge against Yang for not sending his troops to the battle that killed his best friend.

Meanwhile, Ansiseong is in peril with Taizong’s army at its doorstep.

When it comes to acting, the cast is far from flawless. Zo’s voice still seems out of place in a period piece, and his big speech prior to the first battle is just uninspiring.

But his character refrains from making any more big speeches, taking action instead. Taking liberty with the historical facts -- easy, given that there are very few records left from Goguryeo -- director Kim reimagines the battle and creates an almost fantasylike siege.

It is very unlikely that Yang was in his mid-30s, or that there was a squad of beautiful women shooting blowguns, or a group of borderline super-soldiers fighting without their helmets, but this movie throws historical accuracy out the window and the result is a lot of fun.

The battle scenes play out like clips from a fantasy or superhero movie, and are done quite well -- except for the occasional much-too-slow slow-motion segments. With a gigantic budget on its side, the movie seems determined to make the battle scenes as epic as possible, which works for the most part.

Of course, the budget and technology are not quite on a par with those of Hollywood blockbusters and the computer-graphics soldiers are a little awkward, but the director manages to create the illusion that the 200,000 soldiers are really there.

To Zo’s credit, he looks and acts the part and his action sequences stand out.

Kim Seol-hyeon, an idol singer and actor, has surprisingly strong moments despite her lack of experience. Her acting range is still quite small, but the director manages to work within that range with good results.

Nam, despite his youth and lack of experience, delivers a rock-solid portrayal of a wavering youth who is unsure of what is right or wrong.

Does the film have its flaws? Of course.

The character-building moments to establish Yang as a people-first leader are almost painfully obvious, and the film has some genuinely cheesy moments. The overflowing of national pride may pump up the adrenaline for Koreans, but may be uncomfortable for foreigners, particularly Chinese -- who will already be annoyed by Park’s weird Chinese accent.

It is by no means a masterpiece, but it is an enjoyable film with clear selling points -- maybe enough to crack the 10 million ticket mark at the Korean box office.

“The Great Battle” hits local theaters Sept.19.

By Yoon Min-sik
(minsikyoon@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

Zo In-sung brings charisma to a war general : The actor takes a fresh approach to a classic period movie

13193517.jpg

Through many period movies - one of the most beloved genres in Korea - local audiences have come to believe that generals in fierce battles are sanctified men who are emotionally detached from their soldiers and sufficiently experienced as seen by their age. General Yang Man-chun from the upcoming period movie, “The Great Battle,” however, proves otherwise.

Played by the charming heart-throb Zo In-sung, who is known for rom-coms like the 2014 SBS drama “It’s Okay, That’s Love” (2014), he plays a handsome, humane and generous General Yang who exudes a sense of charisma that is powerful enough to band his people together to fight against invading enemies.

“At first, I couldn’t match General Yang,” said Zo during an interview held in central Seoul on Thursday. Zo rejected the offer to play the role twice, but the director assured the actor that Yang would be different from the generals commonly seen in period flicks. And the desire to “create something new” was enough to convince Zo to join the film.

13193559.jpg

“I thought it might work if I approached the character in a more friendly style - someone like a brother you would commonly encounter in the neighborhood. I tried to regard his position as a general as just a title [instead of something that defines him].”

Set during the Goguryeo Dynasty (37 B.C.-A.D. 668), “The Great Battle” is about a battle between Yang and his troops trying to defend Ansi Fortress against half a million men from the Tang Dynasty trying to invade.

The epic battle continued for 88 days, and ultimately Yang, who had less than one-tenth of the soldiers the invading force had, was the victor.

Directed by Kim Kwang-sik of “My Dear Desperado“ (2010), the movie also stars Nam Joo-hyuk, Bae Seong-woo and Um Tae-goo as Yang’s soldiers and Park Sung-woong as the emperor of Tang. Seol Hyun from girl group AOA also appears as Yang’s brave sister.

Despite being a compelling figure, not much information is known about the general, taking off pressure and providing leeway for Zo to reimagine the general.

“I didn’t refer to anyone in particular,” said Zo. “Though Yang Man-chun is a great man, I felt too pressured to take on the character when I thought of him as a great man. So instead of trying to be a charismatic general like many others we have seen [in historical movies], I wanted to portray him as a free person without agony - someone without the ambition to climb up ranks.” Zo added, “But this involved risks - it became challenging for me to set a standard in defining the character.”

Zo also liked the idea of Yang’s ambitious yet simple goal to protect the fortress for his people.

“[I guess] his aim wasn’t as grand as saving Goguryeo when he went out for the seemingly unbeatable battle. He simply worked hard to fight against the invaders, and his simple goal is what brought about victory.”

Zo also shared his hopes for more movies set in the Goguryeo Dynasty. “There are not many historical movies that go as far as Goguryeo. There are so many materials that can be dealt with during that period. And I think ‘The Great Battle’ is just the beginning.”

Even 20 years since his debut, Zo is determined to pull off more diverse roles. “Because of my [modern-looking] appearance, I have mostly played prince charming roles. I haven’t gotten many offers for historical movies. But I will have to break that stereotype. This doesn’t mean I’d insist on working on period flicks because there are so many things to do. But if there is a tempting opportunity, I’m willing to take it.”

Zo, who debuted as a model, does not want to place any special meaning on his 20th anniversary of his debut. Instead, he simply wants to continue his work as he has been doing. “[Even after 20 years], there will be times that I fall down. But what matters is how quickly I can get up.”

When asked whether the number 20 has any special meaning to him, Zo answered, “When spring passes, summer comes and the seasons continue to pass. That is natural. There isn’t something like a special spring or a special summer. I’ll just take the path [of an actor] just as I have been doing.”

The movie opens in theaters on Wednesday. It is rated 12 and above.

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 2

Jo In Sung Talks About What Acting Means To Him

94f959e0e700426d9463ff50aa7d8293.jpeg?s=

In a recent pictorial and interview for Marie Claire magazine, actor Jo In Sung talked about his experience working on his upcoming film “The Great Battle.”

Jo In Sung will be starring in the action blockbuster as General Yang Man Chun, an obscure historical figure who defended Ansi Fortress against invading Chinese forces. The film will also star Nam Joo Hyuk and AOA’s Seolhyun, who will be playing the role of Yang Man Chun’s younger sister.

When asked what it was like to lead such a large cast, Jo In Sung humbly replied, “Rather than leading [the cast], I simply did my part by making sure to arrive on time and preparing properly [for filming].” He also talked about the cast’s exceptional teamwork, commenting, “All of the actors were on the same page and moved together as one.”

Jo-In-Sung-21.jpg

Jo In Sung later went on to speak contentedly of his career as an actor, remarking that his passion for acting hadn’t faded in the slightest. “The moments I spend on set acting are still the happiest [of my life],” he said.

“The Great Battle” is scheduled for a release on September 19.

Jo-In-Sung-3.jpg

Jo-In-Sung-4.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin Talks About Friendship With Jo In Sung And Cho Seung Woo + Their Movies Premiering On The Same Day

b29a485f13874b85a28972e664558045.jpeg?s=

Son Ye Jin, Jo In Sung, and Cho Seung Woo will be engaging in some friendly competition over their upcoming films.

The actress’s upcoming film “Negotiation” will be premiering on September 19, the same day as Jo In Sung’s “The Great Battle” and Cho Seung Woo’s “Feng Shui.” The three actors all starred in hit rom-com “Classic” in 2003.

On the premiere battle with her former co-stars, Son Ye Jin remarked, “Our movies really ended up premiering on the same day. We’re all really proud of each other. It’s been 15 years since ‘Classic’ premiered, but a lot of people still talk about it. It’s hard for these moments to overlap, and so I think it’s great that we’re all active as actors even now. I hope we all do well.”

She expressed further affection for the rom-com saying, “‘Classic’ continues to air on television a lot. When I see it, it feels like I’ve gotten on a time machine. I remember the emotions I felt and the scents I smelled while filming when I was young. As an actor, I’m very thankful.”

Son Ye Jin has been especially busy this year. Earlier this year, she appeared in film “Be with You,” and then starred in JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.” She will be finishing her third project this year with “Negotiation.” On her jam packed year, she commented, “Coincidentally, there were no gaps between the three works, as one project led to another. Thankfully, many people loved them both, so I was lucky and grateful. ‘Negotiation’ is a completely different from the other two, so I hope that people will see it so.”

When asked if she was tired from constantly filming and promoting, she smiled and answered, “I still have energy left. People tell me that I have good stamina, but I’m not sure. I definitely experience satisfaction and joy from working. I’m happiest when I meet people with similar thoughts and work with them.”

On being picked as a role model by younger actresses such as Kim So Hyun, Gong Seung Yeon, and more, she expressed, “I was so happy. I never thought I would be that kind of senior actress, but I now feel time passing by. I also grew by watching others, but now I’ve become that person. I’m proud and I think, ‘I worked hard until now.’ I also think that time passes by fast. It’s a great thing to become someone who others with the same dreams want to be like.”

Son Ye Jin then talked about the kind of acting she wanted to try. She picked, “I want to try something that will let me act and also try a performance like ‘Black Swan.'” She laughed and added, “I’m not good at dancing. But I like trying things I haven’t. I enjoy challenges.” She continued, “When I was younger, I thought about how to deal with acting. Now, I think it’s a very obvious thing to become an actor who works hard and takes responsibility regardless of the results. I think that doing my best in acting and conveying concerns, empathy, or emotions is something to be grateful for. I want to continue to act. I hope that my passion continues to come out.”

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 1