[Drama 2000] Autumn Tale 가을동화

NarcissusBD

Hi!... the site was incorrect... when i click on it, site of Lyceum Northwestern University is appearing not MVs and NGs of AINM... plz confirm if it is really the site. thankz!

oh, sorry for the late reply. i just tried it. its ok. iif you still can't connect here's the homepage, just search for autumn in my heart:

http://youtube.com/index.php

the site works, thanks for posting the link! lotz of shg & autumn clips ;)

SHG + WB :wub:

ur welcome :) ...when i post the link here i didn't realize (busy that time to explore the site) that it has tons of shk (96!), won bin(20) and ssh(5) related vids including autumn in my heart. i discovered just now when i searched it. thanks nuur and michaelj_kc :D

No one seems to be supportive of SSH and Song Hye Gyo but I do not blame them. Won Bin and SHG are made for one another in this drama.

No one seems to be supportive of SSH and Song Hye Gyo but I do not blame them. Won Bin and SHG are made for one another in this drama.

i think autumn tale is one of those where you feel for all the three characters ..it was the drama that make me realise i can still feel and wept for fictional characters ..it was like living in a autumn tale world when i watch this .everything was sooooo gloomy when you feel their sadness and anguish of being fated yet not to be together and .....eun soh ..jun soh and tae suk ..are what make this drama soo special because they love with such pure heart ~.it was like 4 or 5 years ago when i first watch this drama and till now i can still recall the scenes and the words .i was a certified autumn mania ~~ ^^ .i even collect the comic collection of it ~ ^^ it is my precious memories and also for autumn tale .there is this famous site .but pity now it is quite silent .but it was a place where you can meet other autumn mania .~ ^^ ....

http://www.callacafe.net

=

here was something i wrote so long ago on the forum it was written i think in defence when i saw someone commenting that Junxi chacrater was weak.

o-1.jpg

Yoon Jun soh, as compared to the character of Han TAesuk .. who exhibits courage and determination to get what he wants and love, he might leave people the impression he is a crowd in not pursuing his true love. However, i feel that taking into consideration the culture background of Korea where as the elder and only son , Jun soh i has a strong sense of responsibility ( as his father had commented) to his family. By breaking his engagement with Youmei, and to elope with Enxi was the time that he had painfully decide to forsake everything to be with his only love. Like the way he rest on Enxi shoulder and says that he will shoulder any retribution from his acts of betrayl to his family .

But the suicide of Youmei have make him guilty of his actions. I feel that he did not want this to taint the pure love between him and Enxi. He also knew with Enxi innocent character, she will never be able to forgive herself as the cause of another death, Hence Junxi had to make the painful decision by himself and reject Enxi request to be with her.

Especially like the part about Junxi's character being not able to lie (except for that outing with Enxi). Everytime i see him trying Youmei the truth about meeting Enxi , i was thinking why can't he just lie and pacify her, but come to think of it, i like his frankness of not hiding it perhaps he was trying to get Youmei to let go.

And the part when he refuses to go to the hospital break one heart. How it must have hurt him to restraint himself to not see Enxi. , his fear that she will lose the will to live once she has her last wish of seeing her. He was even willing to go to USA in order to let Enxi has the determination to live. That was one of the best plot in the show, i usually wonder when i see similar situation in other drama will it be better not to meet as it will extend the person will to live, Quite surprise that Autumn have this scene.

Due to the demands of the character ,Han Taixi actually is the more juicy role in the drama with those memorable lines, however SSH did not lose out to Won Bin in this aspect as he already have that unique characteristic that fit Junxi role, hard to imagine any else playing the role.I especially admire him on his ability to "cry on demand", it’s not those typical loud cries normally found in our Chinese dramas by the male actors ( which i truly dislike) .Seeing Junxi tears in his eyes, always make my heart ache, i truly feel his pain. Especially the scene in the coffee house where he had to part with Enxi, he told her that he has a lot of things to says to her but now everything that he wants to says cannot be said. Everything. That was one of my favorite and painful scene hearing the word "everything", i already feel the tears in my eyes . Also the part when Enxi was hit by her real brother and she run to Junxi, Junxi was already trembling with anger when he took the medicine for her. Enjoy the scene when Junxi went to teach the brother a lesson.

Like the playfulness in Junxi character too, like when he was teasing Enxi when she ask him to whether he has anything to says to her after Junxi took her back from the hospital, he says nothing and suddenly utter the word "I love you" before Enxi could reply.

Lastly, the accidental death of Junxi. To me, if he had commit suicide as he had initially intended, i will not accept this ending. As i feel that by living you are also continuing the memory of your lost love. However, as what Junxi said, it will be cruelty to let him live alone. Though i like the ending of "Popcorn" better, but love stories that end in tragedy usually are also the most unforgettable. I think to let him die from the car accident was better then his initial intention, though it was also a deliberate act on him part since his heart is already with Enxi and hence he will never be able to hold his last promise to Enxi to continue living without her.

==========

i found something about what i write about the ending of autumn tale while talking to someone on summer scent ~~

-----------------

love stories that end in tragedy usually are also the most unforgettable..i was always asked if i would change the ending of autumn but i replied no ...junsoh and eunsoh ..they are destined to be together in life and death ..their love is as pure as snow .as they can only love each other ..to me ...their love cannot be tainted by any guilt they might have felt should they defy their parents and make ppl who love them suffered because of their love ...eunsoh death ..maybe was the scriptwriter .way to "resolve" the society (which they live in ) "rejection"' of their relationship ....as for junsoh choice..to follow her...

Love really does not make sense, the choice Junsoh make is arugable, but who is to says he is wrong or right, we will only know our choices too when faced with this fate of your loved one being "torn" from you . He had make a promise to Eunoh to continue living , but it is cruelty as he said to make a promise to live when the only thing he want to do is to be by her side. Eunsoh had given him a reason to live but in doing so she also had "sentenced" him to life time improisionment

In actual fact should he continue living , i think he will be forever improisoned within the memories of Eunsoh.., i am not sure if that is called living anymore .Junsoh had already "died" when Eunsoh breathe her last, their heart and soul are linked together , the death of one will indicate the end of the other in soul....

At the end of the scene, the clock was turned back and we went back to where it had all started , little jjunsoh going into the baby room changing the tags , at that point, the choice had already been made, and Eunsoh had entered into his life by his own hands. their fate had already been predestined and perhaps the ending too. They went back to the tunnel..to the time where they have been most free of the worldly society ...where they share the most wonderful memories ...where happiness is just being together ..

Perhaps we should pardoned Junsoh for his choice as Eunsoh had done ..

Wondering were there any interviews done between the three main casts? Any picture caps? Any translations, etc, etc? I would love to see them! :)

ya .i find one for SSH ~ ..translated by a korean friend on callcafe ....long time ago .so i repost it here for others to read ~ ^

Source from callacafe

Translated by callacafe

Time 2003/12/02

[please quote the source if you repost this to any other sites ]

I really wanted to take a role as a romantic hero once , like Romeo

s70-11.jpg

when I got Autumn tale's synopsis....

I felt my heart was aching.....

s70-10.jpg

it is love that never be fufilled between siblings

not ordinary erotic love

it was diffrent and I liked the feeling

gentle yet strong manly character...

I was fond of Junsuh's character

there are men who's always generous and dependable as mountain. junsuh's like that

I tend to be influenced a lot by the acting role

thease days I'm like a guy who's falling in love

being a gentle guy , haha

s02.jpg

all actors cried after reading the script

it's so sad story

not like other melodrama ..lovers who find eachother easy and part easy

there's a something special about this drama

and the role needs various and delicate act of emotion

s04_13.jpg

so glad that little junsuh and Eunsuh acted well,

on the other hand, I feel pressured

luckily, viewer's rate got higher when grown up ES and JS joined

people said and little Junsuh looked similar to me

s56_1.jpg

s57.jpg

this role is most hard one that I ever did

the woman I love most in this world is my sister

and she's not even my real sister

reunite with her after 12 years of separation but already have a fiance

the man who love Eunsuh is my best friend

so much compex situation invoved

I never tried this kind of acting before

s85-4.jpg

s89_2.jpg

he's a sensitive

and gentle guy ..

s11_10.jpg

if you found the girl who you love most in this world,

you are lucky

it isn't easy to find one.

me? well…

I wonder I could have the luck…

it shall come!"

s80.jpg

s83-5.jpg

If I were him I'll choose my true love

anyone would do the same I guess?

if you really love...,

you could throw everything. wouldn't you ?

Wonbin ,Song Hae Kyo and me are all quiet people

maybe it needs time to recover our shyness

emotion scene is hard because of that

it will get better soon.I think

I usually talked out my inner thoughts freely when got to know others better

s20.jpg

s39.jpg

s89.jpg

it was first time with Haekyo

she's not strange or unfamiliar to me

to haekyo this is her fisrt mini series

she must be pressured.

she's trying hard anddidn't complain.or anything

there's a time when we shoot at the Sea

after that bin and haekyo ..three of us had a supper,

she was depressed.

so I asked her manager about that

then I knew she was not satified with the sea scene

so young

but she care for others and has a mature mind

s89.jpg

this drama is phisycally challengable

than other dramas. two times more tired

but I was moved when I saw the edited film,later on

I like it....

so I trying to follow orders.

s87.jpg

when Junsuh died,

I had a opportunity to think about

what it means to be an actor, destined to live another person's life

and that moment I realized, it is not a matter of choice

it was meant to be me

it destined when I was born

I realize it finally when Junsuh died

987818580.jpg

987818451.jpg

the drama was over when he died but it is not THE END for me it is 'THE AND'

Thanks for reposting the stuff, shirley~! ^_^ I remember reading your defense for SSH's Joonsuh, and the interview. Doesn't hurt to read it again. Love it. <3

I agree that Autumn Tale tells of pure love.. I'm sort of glad it's the first K-drama I've ever watched, for it made me watched it for what it is. I didn't have any initial expectations while watching.

About Joonsuh.. Instead of describing Joonsuh's character as weak, I'd rather call it 'reserved'. His character is complicated, because he doesn't quite show what he really feels. He tries not to hurt those he loved, but because he loves Eunsuh, he has to.. and that's what made it hard for him. His sense of responsibility and his urge to protect Eunsuh often overshadow the feelings of his heart.

No one seems to be supportive of SSH and Song Hye Gyo but I do not blame them.

^ I support SSH & SHG. :)

i was rooting for ssh at first till the scene when taesuk (won bin) found out eunsuh have leukemia and ask her to let him take care of her. from then on it was shk and wonbin for me. :D but i like ssh character also.

i did find jun suh character weak when i first watch this drama especially in the scenes where eun suh was comatose and jun suh refuses to see her. that time i can't understand it. but after thinking and analyzing it, i realized like shirley said there's no other way for him but to behave that way since his character was that of a kind hearted and one who takes his responsibility seriously even to the extent of sacrficing.

as to taesuk, it wasn't that he was courageous to pursue what he wants that endears him to me but rather after being a spoiled rich kid thinking only of himself all his life, when he found out about eunsuh's illness he forgot all about selfishness. all he wanted was to take care of her expecting nothing in return only that eun suh will get well. for me that was the turning point.

all three, shk ssh and won bin did a great job in portraying their characters. no wonder it propelled them to stardom :D

thanks shirley for the wonderful insight. i can see that you really love autumn in my heart.

Guest strungout

I definitely support SSH and SHK's characters in AIMH. It was just meant to be...

Yes I found the character played by WB to be very attractive and loving but the story wouldn't have worked if Enxi had gone off with him. There's a strong element of fate or destiny in the lives of the characters which started with him switching the name plates at the hospital leading to the switch in identities.

I don't see Junxi as a weak character either. He was selfless in trying to make everyone happy and it was not at the expense of his love for Enxi nor was it becos he gave in to pressure BUT becos he understood that love does not necessarily mean possession nor does it mean you have to be with the person. His love for Enxi was eternal and beyond mere physical needs. It would last without physical contact and was a true meeting of souls.

Hi, I'm new to the thread!!! :)

I agree that Autumn Tale tells of pure love.. I'm sort of glad it's the first K-drama I've ever watched, for it made me watched it for what it is. I didn't have any initial expectations while watching.

About Joonsuh.. Instead of describing Joonsuh's character as weak, I'd rather call it 'reserved'. His character is complicated, because he doesn't quite show what he really feels. He tries not to hurt those he loved, but because he loves Eunsuh, he has to.. and that's what made it hard for him. His sense of responsibility and his urge to protect Eunsuh often overshadow the feelings of his heart.

ah~~ i like how you say it ~~ yes ..because it was the first kdrama for us ..so i think that why it is so special .~~ .and we were not tainted by so many expectations as you watch too many kdramas ~ every thing in autumn tale was special .the entire cast ..the music ~ the scenes~~ the words .~~ ~ ..the love in it ~~ ..

*u know i always rememmber how there a scene he run home to say good nite to her ...the way his steps pick up speed ..even my heart tell him to quick go home before she sleep ..~~ *

how i discover autumn tale was also quite by accident ..i was watching this entertainment news from taiwan ..and i saw SSH and SHK on Tv interview and they were talking about the autumn tale wave in taiwan that make like half the female population shedding tears over it ~ so i was like curious why such a tale will make so many wept ~~ sooooo ....i just went out and got a set of autumn tale ..and haha i think i become the part of the population who was sheding tears over it ~~

the moment when i start to cries was when little eun soh start crying mother ~~ oMG ...i never realise how affected i was till i had to reach for my tissue box ~~

i was rooting for ssh at first till the scene when taesuk (won bin) found out eunsuh have leukemia and ask her to let him take care of her. from then on it was shk and wonbin for me. :D but i like ssh character also.

i did find jun suh character weak when i first watch this drama especially in the scenes where eun suh was comatose and jun suh refuses to see her. that time i can't understand it. but after thinking and analyzing it, i realized like shirley said there's no other way for him but to behave that way since his character was that of a kind hearted and one who takes his responsibility seriously even to the extent of sacrficing.

as to taesuk, it wasn't that he was courageous to pursue what he wants that endears him to me but rather after being a spoiled rich kid thinking only of himself all his life, when he found out about eunsuh's illness he forgot all about selfishness. all he wanted was to take care of her expecting nothing in return only that eun suh will get well. for me that was the turning point.

all three, shk ssh and won bin did a great job in portraying their characters. no wonder it propelled them to stardom :D

thanks shirley for the wonderful insight. i can see that you really love autumn in my heart.

yes ~~ i love autumn tale ~~ .a very special place in my heart ..^^ ....ah..you bring back memories of it as i read what u are writing about tae suk ..yes ~~ ..when he did that for eun soh how i wish tooo ..in eun soh heart ..there is a small place for him too~~ i always remember how taesuk run with eun soh .~~when she was suppose to go for that matchmaking~~ ..my heart skip ~~ .such a beautiful man ..tae suk ~~ .and he was with such boyish charm i always think won bin is like a boy in a man .~ he has that pure and innocent feel of a boy in him ~~ he is one of the best love rival in kdrama ever written ~~ ~~ he was not a spoil brat or whatever but learnt about what it is like to really love someone ~~ it is about seeing she is happy ~~ and alive ~ oh remember how he must have feel the pain too when he was the one who witness the pain she had to suffer when going through the treatment ~~ ..sob sob ~

yes .i think no other can fit the three in autumn tale ~

actually i wrote also about tae suk but .sigh**i never been able to locate where i post it ...been looking for it for a longgg time .~~ .

here what i wrote on ~ eun soh ~~ (i use eun xi because then i was watching the chinese version of it )

i enjoyed talking about autumn tale ^^with you all ~~

=

p_1.jpg

i always wonder if Enxi have not been switch at birth, will she and Junxi have the chance to meet and fell in love. My conclusion is there is no "what if", it was just meant to be, i always believe there is a soulmate out there for everyone and for Enxi , her soulmate is Junxi and it is just destiny that they had to meet in this way.

Enxi's innocent and pure character have won her a lot of love from everyone around, how could anyone not like this girl who seems to be untouched by the world , always believing in the goodness of everything. In reality, there might not be such a person like Enxi , but in Autumn, we choose to believe Enxi ( perhaps it is our nature to wish for something that will not exist, the same too for the love between Junxi and Exni and even Taixi ) .

Enxi is always seem to be putting everyone interest above her own, her usual phrase is "never mind , it's okay for me " even when Youmei ask her to leave Junxi. She even forgive Junxi “for his sins” when he had to part with her . Sometimes i wonder why Enxi never fight to keep Junxi, perhaps that is her way of showing her love for Junxi, not placing Junxi in a position where he will be condemned by his family and friends ( i remember her asking why Junxi never deny that it was only her one sided love for him a when their parents know of their feelings for each other ) s she know how important these are to Junxi. The only way she know how is to let Junxi go despite the hurt she is feeling and letting go need a lot of courage .

But Enxi is also a vulnerable young girl who is just trying to be strong for her "brother". It make my heart ache when the only one time that she is selfish enough to beg Junxi to stay with her for another six months, it could be so difficult to realize her this only request.

And also the part when she worry about the medical fees, like the plot when the script want to add in more realism to the show. During Enxi "short" life , she has gained the true love of two man, to me , this is already more then what most of us who have been living aimless searching for our soulmate can ask for . She has not live in vain. Especially love Enxi theory on true love , "there is no reasons when it is really true love." Hence i think she was quite taken back when Taixi cannot cite any reasons for his love. Whenever someone ask me if Taixi or Junxi love is stronger for Enxi, i would says that true love cannot be measure, they love Enxi in their own way.

Song Hae Gyo's youth and her natural appeal make her the ideal person to portray Enxi. The viewers could not help but fall in love with her charms when she could be so adorable and vulnerable at the same time. Her tears must have crash a lot of male audience heart even us, the female population, could not be jealous of her ( though we should be since she has the company of such male lead).

ya .i find one for SSH ~ ..translated by a korean friend on callcafe ....long time ago .so i repost it here for others to read ~ ^

Kamsahamnida shirley for reposting.

Guest soutsada7

Thanks for reposting the stuff, shirley~! ^_^ I remember reading your defense for SSH's Joonsuh, and the interview. Doesn't hurt to read it again. Love it. <3

This is beautifully said...I've always rooted for SSH and SHG and I'm happy that it ended the way it did...I'm happy that at the end, Eunsuh chose Jeun Suh b/c that was how it was to suppose to be...like someone previously said, it was meant to be...Go SHG and SSH - aja, aja fighting!

Yes.. I guess that's why it's so special to us, shirley. ^_^ Ahh~ The scene of Joonsuh picking up his speed while running to Eunsuh just to say goodnight before she sleeps.. That's just so sweet~! My heart chants for him too as he runs to her. <3

My discovery of Autumn Tale was quite accidental as well, I think. i never really paid attention to K-dramas before [at that time they had already aired Winter Sonata but I just didn't seem to catch the bug ^^;;].. I was more into J-dorama then. However, when I saw the teasers and trailers for Autumn Tale, I had this urge to watch it. It's a very good thing that it was aired during holidays so I could watch it everyday~! The scene which made me fall for it was the one where Joonsuh was cycling through the tunnel, passing the leafy trees.. The scene I later learned was when Joonsuh came back to his old hometown, in search of his childhood memories.. and Eunsuh.

As for Taesuhk.. Yeah~ I saw the boy in him too. It was as though meeting Eunsuh finally gave him a reason for his living. Before, he just 'lives'. His love for Eunsuh makes him learned a lot of things about life, and that turns him into a better man indeed.

Talking about this drama made me want to watch it again~ <3

shirley, thank you for sharing that ssh interview. he's seems sensitive and thoughtful. i specially like the way he cares about his co stars specifically shk. not all actors would notice nor care how their costars feels. :)

i hope one of these days i can also read what you have written about taesuk. i love what you have written about junsuh and eunsuh. in fact everybody's insights were great and i love it all.

as to the ending, although i preferred taesuk to be with eunsuh i also know that it would always be eunsuh and junsuh. for these two are soulmates. i don't think it was accidental when the toddler junsuh went to the nursery and put the ID tag at baby eunsuh's bassinet at the beginning of the story. i believe that he was drawn to baby eunsuh and that even at early age they were already have bond together.

gosh, FaRicSyung now i'm also wanting to watch it again. :D

strungout, welcome to the thread!

Guest soutsada7

shirley, thank you for sharing that ssh interview. he's seems sensitive and thoughtful. i specially like the way he cares about his co stars specifically shk. not all actors would notice nor care how their costars feels. :)

i hope one of these days i can also read what you have written about taesuk. i love what you have written about junsuh and eunsuh. in fact everybody's insights were great and i love it all.

as to the ending, although i preferred taesuk to be with eunsuh i also know that it would always be eunsuh and junsuh. for these two are soulmates. i don't think it was accidental when the toddler junsuh went to the nursery and put the ID tag at baby eunsuh's bassinet at the beginning of the story. i believe that he was drawn to baby eunsuh and that even at early age they were already have bond together.

gosh, FaRicSyung now i'm also wanting to watch it again. :D

strungout, welcome to the thread!

yep, yep :running back to the room to rewatch AIMH: :P

I have had the chance to watch this drama and it was a beautiful one indeed. Great cast and a tragic storyline which made me want to cry so much. After watching, I prefer SSH with SHG more even though they are like brother and sister but there were too many obstacles that prevented them from being together. I wish the ending was a happy one instead of being so sad. Nonetheless, Autumn In My Heart was and is still one of the best drama I have ever seen. SSH and SHG undoubtedly had wonderful chemistry together.

the first k-drama i ever watched!

and im proud to say, that this is my all-time favorite k-drama!!!

I love SONG SEUNG-HEON and Song Hye-gyo...

Great couple!

First, I thot they were couple in real life since they shared the same surnmae... :)

But really, I like seeing them together.

This drama made me hooked with K-dramas... :)

I've watched this drama so many times...cant count anymore.

It took me long time to recovered from the sad story of this drama.

Cried a lot... :( ..and even if I watched it so many times, when I watched again, I still cried.. :)

they think i was crazy coz i watched it again and again...

really cant get over with it...had 2 versions...korean and tagalog (filipino language)

worth the tears and time.... :)

Hi people! It's great to read all these comments/reviews here.

For me, the reason why I didn't like the lovestory between Eun-suh and Joon-suh is because of the fact that they were brought up as brother and sister. Sure, they weren't blood related but I think whichever angle one would look at it, what they shared is simply called "incest." That alone turned me off. Sure, there was no physical contact whatsoever between the two but still, the love that Joon-suh felt for Eun-suh was totally unacceptable, maybe not in the eyes of God but definitely wrong in the eyes of their parents, loved ones and society.

As for Won Bin, I firmly believe that his role was the best written one and this soap would not have worked quite well if it weren't for his storyline. He portrayed his role quite to perfection that you as a viewer will really feel the pain that he's going through. His love for Eun-suh at first was selfish because he was only thinking of his own happiness. He had no regards whatsoever towards Eun-suh's real feelings. Then that selfish love turned into a love that was selfless/helpless/endless. He was there when Eun-suh needed him the most and eventhough he knew it in his heart that Eun-suh would never return his love he stuck with her till the very end. He even begged God to let his love of his life live just so he could go on loving her from a distance. If that aint the purest form of love, I don't know what is.

I guess that's why I fell in love with Won Bin's Tae-suk here because eventhough he was scared of losing Eun-suh he did his best to be strong for her sake. One fine example is the scene where they were at the hospital and it was Eun-suh's first day of treatment. Tae-suk looked really scared while waiting outside. Then when he could not stand it any longer he just took off.

And Eun-suh had to go look for him after and when she found him he acted as though he wasn't really scared for her.

If we talk about this whole destiny thing I think it was Eun-suh and Tae-suk who were destined to be together forever. Point 1, Eun-suh came into Tae-suk's life when he was all but lost. A player, she called him. She changed Tae-suk and made him into a better and decent person. Point 2, Tae-suk was like Eun-suh's angel. It was as if God sent him to her so he could look after her and protect her from people who would want to hurt her. He came into her life when she needed him the most. He was her protector, even doctor and most importantly, great friend. He never once abandoned her. In the end when he finally accepted the fact that she wasn't meant to be with him, he went to get Joon-suh. Fate can be really cruel.

At first, I was very disappointed with how the story ended. I kept saying If only I had my way I would have changed the ending and made Tae-suk and Eun-suh end up together. And I would have at least made Eun-suh fall in love with Tae-suk. But I soon realized that this series really brought out the best in Won Bin. So thankful to the writers for giving him the chance to show to everyone how brilliant of an actor he is.

SHK and SSH also portrayed their roles effectively but it was Won Bin who stood out and it was him who broke and unbroke me heart. :D

---------------

Come join us at WON BIN Forevermore Forums

http://www.getsmf.com/phpbb/?mforum=wonbinforevermo