What Did Your Parents Think When U Said "i Wanna Be A Singer"?

Guest pris716

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest inn0c3nt_ang3l

funny thing happen today.

i mom was like "do u like to sing like those singers on tv & shows?"

i was surprised when she ask me that...but yeh..

i just told her that i like music & sing so she like go ahead & try all the audition

go karaoke & send in demos & stuff...

funny..haha

i just laugh when she ask me & told me that

Guest almighty machoboy

My mom asked me " what will you do in the future?"

In my mind ,I just want to tell her that " I'll be a singer" but I'm scare that If I can't made it , "singer" would be the JOKE

So I'm trying my best to practice singing,dancing to be picked by a entertainment company,I never give up my dream

I 'll tell my parents later when I passed

Guest joong33

LOLZ!!

My parents (mom more than my dad) are always laughing when I say one day I'll be a singer. [kinda hurts but w/e]

My siblings are always like that too. "you're not even Korean." and all that stuff they would say just to put me down x(

haha oh well.

I always catch them off guard when I all of a sudden spring this one on them!! ^_____^

hehehe

Guest pris716

Lol, well joong33, there's no need2b korean 2b a singer!!!!it just helps wit da korean entertainment companies....im taiwanese-american^^

My mom asked me " what will you do in the future?"

In my mind ,I just want to tell her that " I'll be a singer" but I'm scare that If I can't made it , "singer" would be the JOKE

So I'm trying my best to practice singing,dancing to be picked by a entertainment company,I never give up my dream

I 'll tell my parents later when I passed

I've felt like that too! Like you can't tell others since they mite laff at you...I don't really tell my friends.......I can't. Which is y i like soompi so

much!so many people here,&we all have the same dreams^^

funny thing happen today.

i mom was like "do u like to sing like those singers on tv & shows?"

i was surprised when she ask me that...but yeh..

i just told her that i like music & sing so she like go ahead & try all the audition

go karaoke & send in demos & stuff...

funny..haha

i just laugh when she ask me & told me that

nice!!!ionly started auditioning&stuff in 2007, the sm one

Guest flyaway.

My mother knows and I think she's okay with it.

I don't remember her initial reaction.

But I assume she understands me because she had once wanted to be a singer too (she sings pretty well).

Guest agentdevil5656

I don't know but... about 4 years ago? *I was a 5th grader?*

me: mommy! I want to become a singer!

mom: ...

me: mommy?

mom: become a doctor first. then you can do what ever you like...

=.= total rejection

at the start when i was young i said i wanted to be the pppl on tv.. they said haha no. you don't get much money / (trying to brainwash me i'm guessing)..

they never have thought years later wen i was 11 i said i wanna b person on tv.. and they still said haha no..

no that i'm 16 i actualli realli realli want to be a singer and i'm trying for auditions and they say "yeh go ahead with the auditions do it while you're young or u'll regret it in the future and blame us"

but they said "even if u get in.. ure not goin to be one coz i don't want you to like committ suicide if u can't stand the public etc.. and u shud study " (they take every chance to brain wash me) now i'm still trying for audiionts ..

Guest Uyen Duong

She told me instead of going all the way to Korea,

get into the American entertainment industry because they'll

pay more.

But that's not what I'm looking for S:...

Guest wakana_akemi

I don't know but... about 4 years ago? *I was a 5th grader?*

me: mommy! I want to become a singer!

mom: ...

me: mommy?

mom: become a doctor first. then you can do what ever you like...

=.= total rejection

become a doctor&u can do whut u whant...????

LOL, that's acutally funny, but whoaa...

at the start when i was young i said i wanted to be the pppl on tv.. they said haha no. you don't get much money / (trying to brainwash me i'm guessing)..

they never have thought years later wen i was 11 i said i wanna b person on tv.. and they still said haha no..

no that i'm 16 i actualli realli realli want to be a singer and i'm trying for auditions and they say "yeh go ahead with the auditions do it while you're young or u'll regret it in the future and blame us"

but they said "even if u get in.. ure not goin to be one coz i don't want you to like committ suicide if u can't stand the public etc.. and u shud study " (they take every chance to brain wash me) now i'm still trying for audiionts ..

ijust hate it wen people try to brainwash others into giving up their dream or put them down...LOL, it happened 2me2...

not a nice feeling, but can't give up. Can't live life with regrets.

Guest Misteryes

my parents didn't believe me and they didn't take me seriously...

But i think they were kinda happy when i actually went to audition for the first time...

I'm not confident enough to tell my parents.

whenever my mom and me start seeing like korean singers on t.v.

the whole room starts getting really awkward, and she's all like...look at those

singers these dayz, they really can't sing.

I just laugh it off...

As I grew up I think she kinda did find out that I was beginning to really like music

and she probably knew I wanted to be a singer even before I even knew I wanted to be one. lol....

Singing was my childhood dream ever since I was like 10yrs old.

i guess music really became my strength and source of supply to carry on in life.

That's why it became my dream, but sadly, I know my parents don't like that stuff...

well...my mom..that is..

When I was little I would put on little shows and sing to my parents...mom use to hate it

she acted like I was putting her on a spot where she didn't want to stay...

But my dad use to love it and told me..that I would be great as a singer...and then I would be so happy,

but suddenly i would see my mom's face and she would be like giving my dad the stink eye..like

"don't encourage the kid" yeah...and eventually my dad stopped saying stuff like that to me.

And even till this day..whenever I sing in the car she would always start to sing louder than me..to like shut me up.

Also..just for fun. me and my sister made a christmas album...on cassette tape and we made copies, but the original tape

that we had...was ruined, and i was like mom! do u have the christmas album we gave u? and she was like

"what? IDK... :mellow: where I put that"...she really might have lost it, but it wasn't that long since i gave it to her..

IDK..guess i kinda gave up my dream 2 b a singer.

'Cause I knew tat wouldn't make my mom happy and she's been through a lot.

The funny thing is...she's not really like other asian mom's who want their child to be a doctor or lawyer

she wanted me to do something w/art...and now I am majoring in graphic design...

But somehow all in the end...even from time to time I really want to be a singer, but

I know in a way it will never happen to me...*shrugs* IDK..hehe

Now I sing really horrible...

I'm now going back to singing here and there on soompi..just for fun.

Man..though I seriously can't sing now...hehe

seriously i never sang like in 5yrs....I'm serious..cause i didn't want 2 sing those times

'cause i was trying to forget about singing...'cause i knew it wasn't the path i was trying to go to.

But anyways now..i know though...haha i really can't sing good.

hehe dude i need to stop writing .. i wrote tooooo much. ^^

ahhh

my mom was like

"...okay........."

but shes letting me take dance and singing lessons

so its a start

but she still gets iffy when i go like,,

SO I'M GONA GO TO KOREA........ xDDD

Archived