*** JJ is making a comeback. His agency, C-JeS Entertainment, announced that he will release a new full-length album next month (September).  The agency also said that aside from the release of the regular album, he will hold an Asian tour concert and show active domestic and international activities as a singer starting in Seoul, then holding concerts in Malaysia and Thailand to meet global fans. I'm looking forward to it.   :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

*** As previously reported, Jaejoong is planning to make his comeback on the 13th of September. His agency shared the first teaser picture for his comeback album "BORN GENE," which was announced to be a mix of Rock and Ballads. He appears with a colorful casual look in a cool pose, which made fans expect an unusual concept from him. He will drop his album in two versions instead of just one as he did for his previous albums; the two versions will be beige and purple. His agency has also shared a detailed schedule for releasing the album as you can see below: He is also expected to greet viewers with a new drama, "Bad Memory Eraser," as well as a new Japanese full album in the latter half of this year (2022). Stay tuned! BTW, JJ doesn't aged at all. Very excited for his upcoming drama.   :blush:

1661474613-img-20220826-011642.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Chr8z6Gvb0e/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=522670ce-818f-4b24-9186-5b03c7a8d124

1661475278-img-20220826-014932.jpg

1661475049-img-20220823-183017.jpg

photos source : Allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

*** Popular K-Pop polling site KingChoice created a poll for fans to vote on who they think are the most attractive Asian men in the entertainment business. This includes not just K-Pop idols, but celebrities from other Asian countries as well! Here are the top 50 choices.   :heart4:

13. Jaejoong (JYJ)

f8i6aOtv_T-s5wTnMCeeooUstElNCZywmAp5gqWfWHClOv_JavEI7ibSLoNabenQc4j-8N9irggPrgz2fyo04uROuKAy29FZ6GU=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

*** JJ is finally back with new music! TODAY, September 13 at 6 p.m. KST, Jaejoong released his third studio album “BORN GENE” along with the music video for the title track. “NOBODY LIKE YOU” is a pop song that makes listeners picture a miraculous moment like when discovering an oasis in the desert.   :Fist1:

credit : soompi news

*** Kim JaeJoong just released his 3rd solo album "BORN GENE" and the lead track 'NOBODY LIKE YOU' on Sep. 13. Just like his other releases, Kim JaeJoong sticks to his own unique style and blesses fans with his captivating and magical voice. Look at his stage below to enjoy the freshness of his stage and listen to his perfect voice live. Not long after its release, the album went topping iTunes and trending across the globe with all the fans waiting for his new songs.   :Ohboy3:

Spoiler

source : Kpopmap

*** Jaejoong’s latest work feels more joyful especially the opening track “Nobody Like You”. This track is so delightful. Born Gene is a rare species: both playful yet great. Whether because he’s been absent from the studio for so long or simply because Jaejoong’s grown more self-assured as an artist, Born Gene feels like an incredibly rare offering in the

world of K-pop.   :rubchin:

*** Jae Joong recently visited Malaysia to perform a concert on his Asian tour. He posted several photos and videos taken in Malaysia on his Instagram account. The released videos show Malaysian fans gathering to welcome him to their country for a concert. The very large crowd and intense cheers that filled the streets caught the eyes of netizens. He was shaking hands with fans who came to meet him. His popularity in Malaysia is so amazing. A lot of fans gathered to see him. As expected, he is still so famous.   :Ohboy3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ciz3IghrOVD/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=e764d291-563b-4300-9872-6dc232237c63

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci3eWsGBUXZ/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=9019086c-d0ca-4831-87ff-739137b5af1d

img_20220925135416_9846e750.webp

photo source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/792153

• 2 weeks later...

*** Jae Joong spoke about vomiting on the street by himself with a lot of people around while he was featured in webtoon illustrator GIAN84's YouTube video. It was their first time meeting each other, and they had some soju together. GIAN84 said to Kim Jae Joong, "I heard that you drink really well. Is that true? How many bottles of soju can you drink then?" Kim Jae Joong answered, "Yes, that's right. I mean, I just love drinking so much. Recently, I went to a Korean barbecue place. I had some soju and samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly) there. I go and drink at a Korean barbecue place by myself a lot." Then, GIAN84 asked if his liver was okay; Kim Jae Joong's answer was, "I get a check-up every year and doctors told me that my liver's very healthy. Once, I went to one of those small tented restaurants on wheels in Gangnam-gu, and downed a soju bottle. And do you know what happened? I suddenly had cramps in my stomach. I quickly stood up and ran outside. As soon as I was out, I threw up. I threw up on the street. and there were so many people there. I felt really embarrassed. I wanted to hide somewhere so badly."   :piggie:

Kim Jae Joong

Kim Jae Joong

photos/video source : SBS Star

• 4 weeks later...

*** TODAY, October 30th, more events were postponed and canceled to spend a period of mourning after last night’s tragedy in Itaewon. JJ canceled his concert in Japan two hours ahead of the concert. Condolences to

everyone affected by the tragedy and wish for the speedy recovery of those who were injured.  :surprisedwut:

202210301605234671_d_20221030174706575.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=052&aid=0001807402

*** Although JJ canceled his concert in Japan he showed good manners towards fans until the end. Some fans still visited the site where the concert was scheduled to take place, Kim Jae-joong showed sincerity by greeting them on stage. He bowed his head 90 degrees, “A horrific accident happened in Korea and it’s heartbreaking. The announcement of the concert’s postponement was delayed due to a lot of thought and consultation with the staff until the end. I kept thinking carefully because I knew that I was the only Korean artist who was scheduled to perform abroad. I’m sorry I couldn’t keep my promise with you.”    :ohboy2:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20221101n04092?mid=n1008

• 1 month later...

*** Congratulations to JJ who made this year’s rankings!  So proud as always! He seriously kill it in Japan.  :heart3:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

K-Pop Artists Claim 42 Spots On Oricon’s 2022 Year-End Album And Single Charts

Oricon has unveiled its year-end rankings for 2022!

Every year, Oricon—Japan’s largest music statistics site—wraps up the year by publishing its annual rankings of the best-selling albums and singles in Japan.

Check out the list of K-pop artists who made this year’s album rankings below!

K-pop artists also scored multiple spots on Oricon’s year-end single chart, which ranks the best-selling single albums of 2022.

22. TXT’s “GOOD BOY GONE BAD”
24. ENHYPEN’s “DIMENSION : SENKOU”
45. BTS’s Jin’s “The Astronaut”
57. IVE’s “ELEVEN” (Japanese version)
60. Kep1er’s “FLY-UP”
62. TWICE’s “Doughnut”
64. SEVENTEEN’s “Power of Love”
92. JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong and Kim Junsu’s “Sixth Magnitude Star”
99. ITZY’s “Voltage”

source : https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/y/2022/

• 1 month later...

*** JJ has successfully completed his Seoul concert of J-Party Asia Tour. It was a 2-night concert. The event happened at Shinhan Card Atrium, COEX on January 28 & 29. It was a concert to celebrate Jaejong's birthday. He will continue his performance in Taiwan on March 4.   :heart:

source : JTBC News

• 1 month later...

*** Kim Jae Joong  revealed recently when he appeared on a Japanese program that he spent a lot of money to build a mansion for his beloved family. He surprised the panelists by revealing that he gifted his parents a house worth a huge amount of about 6 billion won. He said that his dream was to buy a house for his parents, who struggled to raise eight daughters and one son. The house is a country house with one basement floor and three floors above ground, and it looks luxurious from the outside. The interior also has a floor height of 7m, a massage machine, a dining table worth 40 million won, and a sofa, adding to the comfort. In addition, there is even an elevator installed inside the house for his parents. There is even a hot sauna where they can relax. I'm sure his parents will be proud of him. He's

such a good son.   :popcornjackson:

Kim-Jae-joong-house-1-01032023-1.webp

Kim-Jae-joong-house-1-01032023-4.webp

Kim-Jae-joong-house-1-01032023-2.webp

Spoiler

*** JJ has spoken up about having been previously charged additional tax TODAY, March 9. His agency C-JeS Entertainment released an official statement expressing his stance regarding the fact that he was fined 100 million won (approximately $75,600) after a tax investigation by the National Tax Service in 2020.  :Ohboy3:

Read the full statement below:

During the tax investigation in 2020, some of the revenue generated from [the artist’s] activities in Japan was omitted, resulting in additional taxes, and he has paid 100 million won in additional taxes.

At that time, he reported tax on sales and paid it dutifully, but there was a time difference in the settlement process while traveling back and forth between Korea and Japan. Some of the amount that he reported as necessary expenses was judged to be unrelated to the business, so after confirming that additional tax had occurred, he paid it immediately.

This was only due to the difference in interpretation of tax law which distinguishes business expenditures from private expenditures, and there was no intention [of tax evasion] whatsoever.

0003261438_001_20230309163801338.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=241&aid=0003261438

Kim Jae Joong Explains Payment of 100 Million Won in Additional Taxes: “Not Intentional, Due to Omission of Revenue from Activities in Japan”

JYJ member Kim Jae Joong explained why he had to pay a large amount of additional fine in an irregular tax investigation.

Regarding the report that Kim Jae Joong was fined hundreds of millions of won in a tax investigation, his agency C-JeS Entertainment stated on March 9th, “Additional taxes were incurred during the 2020 tax investigation due to the omission of some revenue from Kim Jae Joong’s Japanese activities, and he has already paid 100 million won in additional taxes.”

The agency explained, “Kim Jae Joong reported and paid taxes based on the sales at that time, but there was a timing difference in the settlement process between activities in Korea and Japan, and some of the declared expenses were judged to be unrelated to the business. After confirming the facts, he immediately paid the additional taxes.”

They emphasized, “This was only due to differences in tax interpretation between business and personal expenses, and it was not intentional.”

Kim-Jaejoong-31102022-1-819x1024.webp

Earlier on the same day, the New Daily reported that Kim Jae Joong had been subjected to an irregular tax investigation and fined a large amount of taxes by the Seoul Regional Tax Office in 2020. In the meantime, most of the planned tax audits conducted by the National Tax Service are cases of tax evasion by exploiting cost handling, and Kim Jae Joong’s tax evasion was raised among them.

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230309n28405?mid=n1008

*** Yesterday, March 15, Kim Jaejoong appeared on Channel A‘s Men’s Life These Days: Groom’s Class, a show where guests share their thoughts and realities about marriage. In the episode, he shared he was busy traveling these days, especially to Japan for work, and even shared that he ranked number one in Japan’s list of Top 10 Male K-pop Idols Who Japanese Women Want to Marry in 2022. In the show, it showed him  doing everyday things, such as taking a taxi to the market, exploring, and going to a restaurant for lunch. He admitted that this is his first time seeing him live his day and that he rarely monitors himself to see how he appears on screen.The panelist and singer Lee Seung Chul said, “You need to meet a girlfriend soon.” and Kim Jae Joong gave a shocking reply:

"I’m in a relationship now."   :Megathanks:

Another panelist Jang Young Ran asked, “In a relationship with your fans?” He then responded surprisingly, “Huh? How did you know?”  The studio laughed together at his cute and silly joke.   :blush:

7WqPuLj-NY1aDq-wuiJ3_CCd8XU-8x6AFgfJsPjE

0Ay6npDMpWQw0fN5jg0M89OX51F2T7EHsSgqs8bY

6WW5beFmqw0vfbOhtDLGUevr3J2abdyVDLjvdScA

source : https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/376327#

Kim Jae Joong Reveals His Home and Everyday Life for the First Time on TV

2023031601001266200147481.jpg

The 55th episode of Channel A’s Men’s Life These Days – Groom Class featured a glimpse into the house and daily life of Kim Jae Joong.

He said, “I’ve never had a camera that observes what I’m doing, and it’s also my first time showing my house.” Han Go Eun then wittily chimed in, “Isn’t that because you haven’t been seeing anybody?”

However, the singer replied, “I am seeing somebody,” and when Jang Young Ran asked if he meant his fans, he answered with a laugh, “How did you know that?” bringing laughter to the set.

He further mentioned, “Based on the information from the Japanese CDTV, I was ranked as the number one South Korean celebrity who is most desirable for marriage. However, I found out that two members of BTS were ranked lower than me and immediately realized that there must be some mistake with the chart.”

Regarding the fancy design of his house, Kim Jae Joong explained that he intentionally designed it to not look like a typical house because he was worried that he wouldn’t want to go outside if it was too cozy. He also mentioned his refrigerator, which is usually full of food, saying, “I know it could be a problem when it comes to marriage, but I have eight sisters. I get kimchi from my mom and my sisters’ mothers-in-laws.”

In the episode, viewers got a glimpse of the celebrity eating his own homemade kimchi soup and showing off his flower arrangement skills. Soon after, he went to a traditional market for grocery shopping and drank brewed rice wine at a must-eat store inside the market. Afterwards, he took the leftovers and returned to his house.

source : https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2023031621424

*** Kim Jae Joong and Kim Junsu stood in front of the camera together after a long time as they celebrate their 20th debut anniversary this year. The two posed for Cosmopolitan Korea April issue in stylish outfits. After the photoshoot, the two sat down for an interview to look back on their 20 years of careers. Kim Jaejoong said, “It’s amazing and feels good. (Compliments like that) give me the confidence that I can do more things in the future.” Kim Junsu chimed in, “I feel the same way. I want to work harder, so I won’t become someone to be ashamed of.” When asked about their plans to celebrate their 20th debut anniversary, Kim Jaejoong said, “If there’s time this year, I would like to make something together to commemorate our 20th anniversary.” Kim Junsu agreed, saying, “The 20th anniversary is a very meaningful year for us, so we won’t just let it pass by. I hope many people will have high expectations for our 20th-anniversary project.” Kim Jae Joong reflected, “It’s amazing that so much time has passed, but it’s also a time when I can pridefully say that there’s still a lot more we can do from now on.”   :Ohboy3:

3e60df20-d718-40d1-8ab4-516205c2c8dc.jpg

ed722f49-a540-4431-b3ab-d84f6ed83685.jpg

f84acd09-030e-4031-883b-44f32be60b30.jpg

*** Kim Jae Joong’s solo life was shown on Channel A’s “Men’s Life These Days: Groom’s Class”, which aired on March 22nd. In the video, he visited his close friend who runs a restaurant and shared his concerns about marriage. Whenever the two meet, they share their concerns about marriage. When asked by his friend if he really intends to get married, Kim Jae Joong revealed the reason for taking a break from dating, “First of all, my most fundamental problem is that I don’t have enough time. Let alone dating, I can’t even meet friends properly.“ Then the friend mentioned the reason why marriage is difficult for Kim Jae Joong, “If you go to a marriage information company, you’ll be eliminated from the first line. Don’t you have 8 older sisters?” OMG - “8 older sisters…“?   :Woah:

kim-jaejoong-1-032223.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/433377