class="entry-title" [OTHER SNS] 150331 JYJ’s Dancers Share Farewell Messages & Photos with Kim Jaejoong March 30, 2015 · JYJ3 Team

Jung Gun Young Twitter/FB Update:

150330zerotic.jpg~originalgypjj.png~original 11091144_10153226574794571_8657243803957
1551743_10153226574799571_67497359431109
11060026_10153226574759571_8191986739183
11102652_10153226574889571_4811835210476
1526847_10153226574879571_31086102129553
11075197_10153226574854571_8891640848622
13119_10153226574754571_7858421422575597
11068294_10153226574904571_4201740027521 *

shin_mangaeng Instagram Update:

[PHOTO] #InstaSize 잘다녀오십쇼 #김재중 친구
[TRANS] #InstaSize You gotta go and come back well, #KimJaejoong , friend
10956821_338169539725779_2114848541_n.jp . [PHOTOS]  잘 다녀오시게 친구여
#서른즈음에 #이등병의편지 가 그렇게 슬픈
가사인지 처음 알았다 나도 서른즈음이라 슬펐나보다
#얼마전 #아주옛날 #겟아웃때 #얼마전 #부산

[TRANS]  Go and come back well, my friend
#At_the_Age_of_Thirty & #Letter_of_a_Private were so sad
I think I was sad too over ‘At the Age of Thirty’ when I learn to understand the lyrics
#not_long_ago #ages_ago #during_Get_Out #not_long_ago #Busan
CBXHltaUQAApSZ1.jpg~originalSource:  @zerotic0124, shin_mangaeng 1, 2   Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3 
Shared by: JYJ3

Note: GunYoung is JYJ/ID-MYO's choreographer (recent choreography of course in Junsu's FLOWER).
He (along with other JYJ dancers) have been with JYJ since SM days...
These dancers left the old company WITH JYJ as well (or the dancers chose to leave the old company and be with JYJ).
LOYALTY...JJ was talking about it on his last concert.

class="single__title entry-title"What These 10 Idols Have In Common Make them More Than Just A Pretty Face

studio

The word ‘Idol’ is usually received with the prejudice that the artists are more focused on looks than actual talent. Well these 10 idols prove that such stereotypes are things of the past and that many Idols have earned the right to be respected as more than just a pretty face.

(skipped unrelated.....)

9. Jaejoong (JYJ)
Jaejoong is one of those idols, much like Junsu, who gained respect as an artist through his vocal prowess.

jaejoong

But this talented young man has also been producing and writing his own songs for a very long time O_O.
The list of songs that he has self produced include: All Alone, Get Out, I.D.S, In Heaven, Kiss B, Nine, One Kiss, Only Love, Pierrot, Shelter, Stay 

source : koreaboo

*** Jaejoong was admitted to the 1st Division Training Battalion in Paju. :)>-

class="content-title" XIA Junsu Dedicates an Old Song to Member Kim Jaejoong in Concert ayyagirl April 1, 2015
XIA Junsu Dedicates an Old Song to Member Kim Jaejoong in Concert

XIA Junsu showed his affection to his fellow JYJ member Kim Jaejoong by dedicating his last song to him during his concert on March 31, the same day Kim Jaejoong enlisted in the army.
During Junsu’s concert entitled “2015 Xia 3rd Asia Tour Concert FLOWER,” which was held in Fukuoka, the JYJ member performed a lot of songs from his latest 3rd album “Flower,” as well as some songs from his past albums, which delighted the audience. As a part of the concert tour, there was a segment called “genie time” where the audience asks Junsu to do whatever they wish, which he tries his best to fulfill by singing various old songs and songs from his past ballad and musical concerts.
In fulfillment of the fans’ wishes as well, Junsu prepared a special surprise performance of the acoustic version of “Love In The Ice,” a ballad from his former group TVXQ. He explained, “Today Jaejoong enlisted in the army. I talked to him on the phone this morning and he said he will [fulfill his service] as a man should. I believe that he will come back an even cooler person. I dedicate this last song for him.”
Source (1)

More from Junsu's Fukuoka concerts here:  JYJ CAFFEINE: XIA Junsu FLOWER concerts- Japan (Fukuoka..... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/xia-junsu-flower-concerts-japan-tokyo.html?spref=tw

Updated:

#WaitingforJaejoong

Embedded image permalink

A trainee's account of #김재중 
He's eating well but looks out window during the meal, looks uncomfortable coz everyone is looking at him but he looks happy at the same time coz everyone says he is so handsome... (What a cutie)!
He talks a lot to other trainees.
Via crystalmoon64

Embedded image permalink

Information About the Training Center or Boot Camp:

First comes the 5-week stint at the training center/boot camp. In the first three days, new recruits receive their supplies. These supplies include everything, including uniform, boots, and underwear. Strictly speaking, no soldier in the training center is allowed to have any private item – everything is provided by the military. In practice, soldiers in the training center are generally allowed to have a spare pair of glasses, a watch, a small amount of cash, etc. There is more leeway with respect to personal items once the men are assigned to their bases. The recruits’ personal items – usually the clothes in which they come into the boot camp – are packed up and sent back to their parents. It is the quintessential Korean mother’s experience to cry over her son’s dusty clothes mailed back to her after she sent her son away for his military service. New recruits are then given a physical. Although it is extremely rare to be sent home at this stage, there are a few whose health has significantly deteriorated below draft eligibility between the time when they received the initial physical and the time when they report to the training center. These men are sent home. Then the new recruits receive an exam that would determine their specialty as a soldier. This is based on their college major, career background, etc. However, this is far from a scientific process; more like a rough guess. For example, many math majors are assigned to artillery because firing a cannon requires a quick number-crunching ability. But it is not as if these men are tested as to how fast they can actually calculate things. Once the specialties are assigned, the new recruits are trained to be soldiers. They receive their weapons, learn how to shoot rifles and throw grenades, learn how to march and patrol, etc. It is more or less the training you might see in a movie – they go through marches with full gear (around 55 to 60 pounds) during the day and at night, learn how to fight with bayonet, train how to use their hazmat masks and sit through tear gas, learn how to dig trenches and encamp, learn first aid, etc. After five weeks of this, the soldiers are assigned to their bases.

대한민국육군  Sources: askakorean대한민국육군   Shared by: JYJ3

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 3/30-4/5/2015 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/jyj-news-week-of-330-452015.html?spref=tw

Kim Jae-joong, "I'll be thinking about everyone"

2015/03/31

photo580391.jpg

A Chinese Media reported an interview with Kim Jae-joong on the 31st.
Kim Jae-joong participated in lyric composing in his new album that's coming out after he joins the military. To the question of where he got his influence, he said, "It all comes from myself. I don't have a particular way".
"I use everything I see and hear to write songs. Therefore, the lyrics are not commercial. They are not always good when you listen to it but they are good to hear on certain days or days when you're feeling a certain way".
"I don't have plans to be public about my relationships. Someone will get hurt in the process".
"I want to cherish every day before I join the military. I wanted to spend each day with more meaning, but I couldn't. People always regret what's in the past. There's not too much time to do more now".
"I am glad though that I got to spend a few of my last days with precious people and I think the concert is the most beautiful thing I've done so far in my life".
To his fans, who will be waiting for him, Kim Jae-joong said, "Hello everyone, this is Kim Jae-joong. I will be back soon. So stay where you are. Be healthy and I will be thinking of you. Think of me too".
Meanwhile, Kim Jae-joong was enlisted in the army on the 31st. He will be discharged on December 30, 2016.
Source : star.moneytoday.co.kr...
 Hancinema

Boot camp - gag me.  I'm retired US Navy so been there, done that - the worst part about boot camp for me was the strangeness.  Totally unknown territory.  I feel for JJ but I'm sure he'll do fine - he's a sociable guy who can obviously handle stress.  The people who fare the worst tend to be really young & immature.  I expect for these celebrities the constant scrutiny, no privacy, everybody knowing who they are & staring must really get so old, cause no where to hide....

Jaejoong's sister (SuYoung) Kakao Talk Display Pic

Embedded image permalink
shie486 KKT

Tweets from JJ's sister (Translations by crystalmoon64
Best gift #김재중 Fans will always protect you. Our youngest, our baby brother must be doing well @kkjj4
I won't cry any longer n will wait for you, a healthier, even more masculine brother. Love you and miss you @kkjj4

Embedded image permalink

More family Pictures (as tagged

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 3/30-4/5/2015 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/jyj-news-week-of-330-452015.html?spref=tw

Teleri Nyfain said: Boot camp - gag me.  I'm retired US Navy so been there, done that - the worst part about boot camp for me was the strangeness.  Totally unknown territory.  I feel for JJ but I'm sure he'll do fine - he's a sociable guy who can obviously handle stress.  The people who fare the worst tend to be really young & immature.  I expect for these celebrities the constant scrutiny, no privacy, everybody knowing who they are & staring must really get so old, cause no where to hide....

Sharing...

Jaejoong's last mention at "The Beginning of The End" concert in Seoul...
With English subs by Angel Wing

Complete recap of the concerts (including fancams and HQ pics) here: JYJ CAFFEINE: Kim Jaejoong "The Beginning of The End" Concert http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/kim-jaejoong-beginning-of-end-concert.html?spref=tw

Jaejoong's sister Twitter Update:
안나@kkjj4

삼촌도 좋아하고 삼촌을 좋아하는 현아.서현.나도 재중이가 제일 좋은데 동생 보고파ㅜ
Uncle JJ likes Hyuna/Seohyun, and they like uncle JJ. I also like him the most. Miss my younger brotherㅜㅜ Trans by crystalmoon64

Embedded image permalink

Kim Jaejoong visited a small restaurant 4 days prior to enlistment...

Translations by  Crystal Moon @crystalmoon64 

Friendly owner/chef at the restaurant #김재중 went on 3/28/15 shared couple more pictures/JJ gave her a long/tight hug

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

#김재중 The graffiti artist 

Embedded image permalink

Seat that #김재중 sat 4 days before enlistment/Hey, sky~(Lyric from Triangle OST "But I")/Will protect you, for sure!

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

#김재중 gave concert tickets to my son so he went, was shocked by JJ's great singing ability but was more impressed by his great personality.

#김재중 said he'd visit her w Yuchun when he comes out for holidays. JJ ate king fish, potato pancake n spicy soup. 

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

:)>-

Kim Jaejoong's Interview for Triangle DVD/Blue Ray (for Japan)

Via kpkjyj
[TRANS] Triangle DVD Interview behind story:
① Jaejoong-ssi agreed to do interview when he was very busy with his events. Even the staff felt pressured (worried) cos of the limited amount of time. But the moment Jaejoong-ssi came into the interview location, the atmosphere calmed down at once thanks to Jaejoong-ssi's friendly personality and gentle aura.

② Photo shooting - while striking various poses, Jaejoong-ssi also told jokes, he also did some cute poses, which made the cameraman and the staff laugh. From start to finish, our shooting set was full of laughter^^

③ We conducted the interview in Japanese. The reporter, who interviewed Jaejoong-ssi for the first time, was quite amazed by Jaejoong-ssi's excellent Japanese and impressed with his great personality^^

④ Jaejoong-ssi's attitude was very impressive! He immediately asked when there was some Japanese word that he didn't know. He wasn't ashamed of what he didn't know. Very honest and upright. I think this humble attitude of him must remain in the mind of the cast and the staff who have worked with him^^

⑤ After the interview, Jaejoong-ssi was curious about the reactions to Youngdal's transformation (into Dongcheol). [Does it looks natural?] [Don't you think it's too sudden?] It was a very important part of the drama, so he was concerned about how it came out. That's the moment we could see his actor soul.

⑥ Jaejoong-ssi really liked the cake the reporter prepared for him. He naturally handed over the cake to the staff members around him [Would you eat with me?]. Despite being a big star, his kindness made all the staff deeply impressed^^

Source: @triangle_dvd
Kor trans: @Spica4865

Via The_Little_Pear

class="content-title"Note: Below is the wrong information shared by the media...Junsu actually dedicated the last song he sang "F.L.P" (Feels Like Paradise) to Jaejoong at his 3/31/15 concert in Fukuoka...Not LITI.

(Info from fans who were at the concert)

On 3/31/15: Junsu talks about JJ's enlistment and dedicating FLP (end of vid) to Jaejoong.

Via Linh Chi

FLP fancam on 4/1/15 (I am unable to find FLP fancam for 3/31/15)

via XIARU 시아루

class="content-title"XIA Junsu Dedicates an Old Song to Member Kim Jaejoong in Concert ayyagirl April 1, 2015

XIA Junsu showed his affection to his fellow JYJ member Kim Jaejoong by dedicating his last song to him during his concert on March 31, the same day Kim Jaejoong enlisted in the army.
During Junsu’s concert entitled “2015 Xia 3rd Asia Tour Concert FLOWER,” which was held in Fukuoka, the JYJ member performed a lot of songs from his latest 3rd album “Flower,” as well as some songs from his past albums, which delighted the audience. As a part of the concert tour, there was a segment called “genie time” where the audience asks Junsu to do whatever they wish, which he tries his best to fulfill by singing various old songs and songs from his past ballad and musical concerts.
In fulfillment of the fans’ wishes as well, Junsu prepared a special surprise performance of the acoustic version of “Love In The Ice,” a ballad from his former group TVXQ. He explained, “Today Jaejoong enlisted in the army. I talked to him on the phone this morning and he said he will [fulfill his service] as a man should. I believe that he will come back an even cooler person. I dedicate this last song for him.”
Source (1)

More from Junsu's Fukuoka concerts here:  JYJ CAFFEINE: XIA Junsu FLOWER concerts- Japan (Fukuoka..... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/03/xia-junsu-flower-concerts-japan-tokyo.html?spref=tw

20130315_seoulbeats_jaejoong3

SB March Madness: You Guessed it, Kim Jaejoong Won Again

Written by Morgan On April 5, 2015 20130315_seoulbeats_jaejoong2 

And the award goes to…….Kim Jaejoong!
Now, who didn’t see that one coming? After cruising through the poles last year to grab the win, it can hardly be a surprise that the same happened this year. It almost seems unfair to the other contestants, maybe we should give Jaejoong a handicap or have a completely separate poll completely dedicated to Kim Jaejoong in the future. Wait, we already did that!
Kim Jaejoong… How do you begin to explain Kim Jae-joong?

Jang Geun-suk: Kim Jae-joong is flawless.
Im Siwan: I hear his hair is insured for $100,000.
Yoochun:I hear he does oppai chocolate commercials… in Japan.
Junsu: His favorite gag is Shoyukoto — totally not better than Oyagi gags.
Park Myung-su: One time he apeared on Yoo Jae-suk’s Happy Together…and he asked him if he could come back permanently.
Jisung: One time he punched me in the face… it was awesome.

JYJ with Jaejoong's parents (50th Wedding Anniversary and JJ's dad's 70th Birthday)

rfUBJ7BZ_normal.jpg Photographer 龍 @yys0602 누구네 아들들인지.... 잘 생겼네~~ㅎㅎ http://cfstudiokorea.com 

Embedded image permalink

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 4/6-4/12/2015 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/04/jyj-news-week-of-46-4122015.html?spref=tw

Jaejoong's sisters' Twitter Update

안나@kkjj4

드 디어 훈련들어갈때 입은 재중이 사복 도착했는데 박스안에는 재중이가 입은 옷하고 부모님 사랑한다는 편지봉투 또 눈물이 나온다.다행이 건강하다고 하니까 안심했다.그 와중에 이쁜 조카들 옷까지 미리 준비한 내 동생 진짜 멋있다.건강한 모습으로 전진 Jaejoong's family received the package w JJ's personal belongings (eg clothings etc) & a letter saying he loves them.  JJ says he is well & healthy! Meanwhile it looks like he prepared surprise gifts for his dear nieces before he left (via inheaven_wJYJ)

[TRANS] Finally Jaejoongie’s plain[/civilian] clothes that he wore when he entered training, has arrived; and inside the box are the clothes that Jaejoongie wore and the envelope that says he loves his parents. Tears are coming out again. Fortunately he got a clean bill of health, so I feel assured. Meanwhile my little brother is really cool for preparing clothes and all for his pretty nieces in advance. Onward with your good[/healthy] shape
Via Rilanna of JYJ3

김민경@mk_taiji
조카바보삼촌 군대가기전 이쁜옷 사주고싶다던~~ 군대간후~~오늘받아보네요 예쁜옷감사 항상 건이.서현이.현아 예뻐해구고사랑해주는재중이 보고싶다 http://Www.suhyangmall.com  (Apparently, Jaejoong prepared these pretty dresses for his nieces which they received after he enlisted in the army...So sweet...) 
CB4k_9gUIAEOWT8.jpg
CB4lAqFUoAAKcVu.jpg

Jaejoong Update from another private...

150406 Jaejoong's bunk mate wrote a letter to his parents and mentioned about Jaejoong! (_only_jyj) #Jaejoong
Via Vichellelicious

Embedded image permalink 

Embedded image permalink

Other translations from crystalmoon64

Letter from friend's brother: I'm in same company/platoon/Living quarter w JYJ #김재중 sleep in same room. @ONLY_JYJ_
He taught me how to fold underwear today. He is from Gongju. I'm amazed every time I look at him. 
He feels like an older brother next door as I get to know him. He has great body n is so cool.

Private Jaejoong "News"

Older Sister's Biased Advice [Trans] I received your letter haha. It was extremely funny, but you have one thing you misunderstand.
Not that I moved forward to see Jaejoong, but I walked that way to look at you more closely and he came towards me.

Also, when you saluted at mom and dad, I clearly looked at you.
My camera pointed him by itself though...

See, people have to be good to others to be blessed.
You also keep in mind 'Heaven helps those who help themselves' in your life.
I was just moving forward to see you, and that happened to me.

(Source: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=jaejoong&no=353131&page=1)
Excerpted a letter from older sister of Jaejoong's fellow soldier.

[Trans] Ah, and for your information, I share a dorm room with JYJ Jaejoongie-hyung, which means I sleep (share the bed/the room for sleep) with him. What has happened today is that I was not able to learn how to fold underclothes because of (?)MI Test and Jaejoongie-hyung taught me. He said that he was raised in Gongju. At first It was just amazing every time I looked at him, but I've gradually felt that he's becoming like a hyung next door. His body is freaking awesome by the way. Effing cool. I will tell you about him in detail during your visiting hours here in the future.
(Source: https://twitter.com/Be_KEFI/status/585059155645300736)
It's excerpted from Jaejoong's fellow solider's hand-written letter to his family member. 

From  Soph! @jaetaku

Pictures of Jaejoong upon enlistment...#WaitingforJaejoong
CB9EEWUUAAA_J7R.jpg
(DC)

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News Week of 4/6-4/12/2015 http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/04/jyj-news-week-of-46-4122015.html?spref=tw

class="entry-title" [iNFO] 150406 About SK Army 1st Infantry Division + The reason why March is the best month for enlistment April 6, 2015 · JYJ3 Team JYJ3’s Note: Jaejoong has enlisted as Active Duty Soldier into the 1st Division where is located at Paju in Gyunggi-province.

1st Division Schedule: 

Jaejoong’s Daily Schedule with the SK Army 1st Infantry Division (difference in time is summer/winter sched) CBefLbLU0AAuxnI.jpg~original

About 1st Division Daum Cafe:

It seems the 1st division protects and takes care of our Jaejoong well. Anyone could join and write a letter, see trainee’s pics and know their news through online cafe before. But only confirmed family and friends can write a letter and see pics on that cafe from 30 Mar. Moreover only JJ’s personal training number and pics were not posted on that cafe. I’m thankful for their care for JJ although I can’t see JJ’s pics.
  • [*]
A private sent letter to his family saying he encounters Kim Jaejoong every morning xD
Cr: 1st Division daum cafe

Army Rank for Enlisted:

Kim Jaejoong’s army rank is “Private” Byong or byeong (Korean: “병”, “兵”) is a military term used in the armed forces of South Korea to describe a soldier, airman, sailor, or marine who holds a junior enlisted rank.
more info about korean army rank here, and Private/Byeong here

150406enlistmentarmyranks.jpg~original

The reason why March is the best month for enlistment:

① Enlist this year and be discharged next year ② Only have to endure 1 winter = experience cold weather training only once
③ As soon as you’re discharged, you’re already first-year reservist (Cos in Korea, you increase your age count on January 1st of every year, not on your birthday. JJ will be discharged in late Dec, so 2 days later, he will become first-year reservist) More about ROK Reserve Forces here
④ The possibility of being 꼬인군번 is extremely low = high chance of getting “relieved”
꼬인군번 (literally, entangled soldier): military term – you join an unit where there are many seniors who enlist not long before you, which means it’s highly possible that no more newbie will come after you. Remember that military is a hierarchical society where lower-ranking soldiers have to follow the directions of higher-ranking soldiers. Being the lowest-ranking soldier in your troop, you’ll have hard time for long.
On the contrary, in case that no long after you move in, your seniors get discharged, many newbies will come in to fill the vacancy, which means you can be relieved of chores early.
Sources: instizwiki
Credits: @PrinceJJ_, @The_Little_Pear 1, 2, 3 + @forjj

tealee said:
Private Jaejoong "News"

Older Sister's Biased Advice [Trans] I received your letter haha. It was extremely funny, but you have one thing you misunderstand.
Not that I moved forward to see Jaejoong, but I walked that way to look at you more closely and he came towards me.

Also, when you saluted at mom and dad, I clearly looked at you.
My camera pointed him by itself though...

See, people have to be good to others to be blessed.
You also keep in mind 'Heaven helps those who help themselves' in your life.
I was just moving forward to see you, and that happened to me.

(Source: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=jaejoong&no=353131&page=1)
Excerpted a letter from older sister of Jaejoong's fellow soldier.

[Trans] Ah, and for your information, I share a dorm room with JYJ Jaejoongie-hyung, which means I sleep (share the bed/the room for sleep) with him. What has happened today is that I was not able to learn how to fold underclothes because of (?)MI Test and Jaejoongie-hyung taught me. He said that he was raised in Gongju. At first It was just amazing every time I looked at him, but I've gradually felt that he's becoming like a hyung next door. His body is freaking awesome by the way. Effing cool. I will tell you about him in detail during your visiting hours here in the future.
(Source: https://twitter.com/Be_KEFI/status/585059155645300736)
It's excerpted from Jaejoong's fellow solider's hand-written letter to his family member. 

From  Soph! @jaetaku

Pictures of Jaejoong upon enlistment...#WaitingforJaejoong

(DC)

class="entry-title" [iNFO] 150406 About SK Army 1st Infantry Division + The reason why March is the best month for enlistment April 6, 2015 · JYJ3 Team JYJ3’s Note: Jaejoong has enlisted as Active Duty Soldier into the 1st Division where is located at Paju in Gyunggi-province.

1st Division Schedule: 

Jaejoong’s Daily Schedule with the SK Army 1st Infantry Division (difference in time is summer/winter sched)

About 1st Division Daum Cafe:

It seems the 1st division protects and takes care of our Jaejoong well. Anyone could join and write a letter, see trainee’s pics and know their news through online cafe before. But only confirmed family and friends can write a letter and see pics on that cafe from 30 Mar. Moreover only JJ’s personal training number and pics were not posted on that cafe. I’m thankful for their care for JJ although I can’t see JJ’s pics.
  • [*]
A private sent letter to his family saying he encounters Kim Jaejoong every morning xD
Cr: 1st Division daum cafe

Army Rank for Enlisted:

Kim Jaejoong’s army rank is “Private” Byong or byeong (Korean: “병”, “兵”) is a military term used in the armed forces of South Korea to describe a soldier, airman, sailor, or marine who holds a junior enlisted rank.
more info about korean army rank here, and Private/Byeong here

The reason why March is the best month for enlistment:

① Enlist this year and be discharged next year ② Only have to endure 1 winter = experience cold weather training only once
③ As soon as you’re discharged, you’re already first-year reservist (Cos in Korea, you increase your age count on January 1st of every year, not on your birthday. JJ will be discharged in late Dec, so 2 days later, he will become first-year reservist) More about ROK Reserve Forces here
④ The possibility of being 꼬인군번 is extremely low = high chance of getting “relieved”
꼬인군번 (literally, entangled soldier): military term – you join an unit where there are many seniors who enlist not long before you, which means it’s highly possible that no more newbie will come after you. Remember that military is a hierarchical society where lower-ranking soldiers have to follow the directions of higher-ranking soldiers. Being the lowest-ranking soldier in your troop, you’ll have hard time for long.
On the contrary, in case that no long after you move in, your seniors get discharged, many newbies will come in to fill the vacancy, which means you can be relieved of chores early.
Sources: instizwiki
Credits: @PrinceJJ_, @The_Little_Pear 1, 2, 3 + @forjj

I wonder how US boot camp compares - the schedule & descriptions of the barracks sound similiar to what my experiences in Navy boot camp (including folding underwear  - I had to learn to fold my bra ~sigh~).  We ALL got religion (quite a few decided they wanted to be Catholic because the Catholic chaplain/priest did that 'everybody hold hands' fellowship thing & since there were both male & female recruits, if you sat by the aisle you could hold hands ... LOL)  - going to chapel got us out of the barracks for a couple hours.  I joined the choir cause I got to go to practise for an hour & got to leave early/come back late from chapel LOL
Do Korean girls join sometimes?  They do have women in the military there, I believe - it's just voluntary.  & I bet NOT at the same base....