[drama 2005] Seo Dong's Song 서동요

Guest lemonhl

Guest conduongmuathu

Yes, it's great. Lee Bo Young and Jo Hyun Jae are so wonderful. Love them, love film, love director, love alls,......

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest redmango

So close to discovery!!!!

I'm worried that the king is going to die without realizing that his son Jang is still alive... T_T

Thanks for the clubbox uploads! Just finished watching and I love how the plot is continuing! I bet next episode will have a lot of events... TT_TT Can't wait for tomorrow....

Guest sunhee *

Jo Hyun Jae is SUCH a good actor! I love this man. LBY is a little shaky, but she is so so beautiful and has great chemistry with JHJ...

One of the reasons why I am totally addicted. This drama reminds me a lot of "Princess Pyonggang and Ondal the Fool," my favorite historic tale as a child. I hope they make a drama out of that as well. I would be totally ecstatic!

One thing I was disappointed about is that there are a lot of exagerrations and added in plots as opposed to true history. I was in the SBS site reading about the history behind Suh Dong [King Mu] and it said that King Mu was a womanizer [but we all know that in the drama, Suh Dong only has eyes for Princess Sun Hwa :) ] and that the discovery mania going on in the show are mainly exaggerations, such as Suh Dong discovering the "ondul." Obviously, there were such inventions and discoveries, but it is unverified as to whether they are specifically related to SD. haha, I guess the writer has got to spice up the story somehow, as with most of these periodical dramas.

Lyric of the song-

"선화공주는 남몰래 밀통하고 밤마다 서동을 몰래 안고 간다"

"Every night, Princess Sun Hwa and Suh Dong covertly embrace and affectionately share their forbidden love for one another."

According to historical accounts, it is said that curious by Sun Hwa's widespread allegations of her beauty, Suh Dong sneaks into the palace to catch a glimpse of her. Having done so (and apparently satisfied), the mischievous Suh Dong decides to spread a song involving her. The lyric is said to be spread by Suh Dong with the help of yams to entice the children and the reason why Sun Hwa gets expelled from the palace. (In the drama, it is Sun Hwa who spreads the song to locate Suh Dong's whereabouts) He then marries Sun Hwa and she later becomes the queen of the enemy kingdom, Baekjae, as Suh Dong becomes king. She is said to have suffered from heartache as she watches her home country Shilla and her sovereign country Baekjae fight one another. Their infamous son, King Uija, was a HUGE womanizing, nonchalant king who brought everything his father has accomplished (Baekjae had its Golden Era at the time of King Mu) crashing down, leading to Baekjae's dramatic downfall. Ironic!

Guest redmango

I also upped this to yousendit for nonclubbox-users.

Enjoy : Click me Episode 10

Hopefully we can get more of a discussion in here if more people watch :lol:

Edit: BTW thanks to Sunhee for the historical information. I was actually confused about that. I thought that in the drama SuhDong spread his version of the song and then Sunhwa started to spread a new version with some words different? Which is how he found the letter that said she was looking for him in the old secret hideout. But I couldn't tell...I see so he didn't spread the song, he just gave children yams?

I hope the story ends with a happy ending =-= Young kids who don't respect all the trouble their fathers went through don't deserve a drama after them :P But then with the inevitable heartache that Sunhwa is going to go through, who knows?

For now I'm content to watcha great story ^^

Guest sunhee *

I also upped this to yousendit for nonclubbox-users.

Enjoy : Click me Episode 10

Hopefully we can get more of a discussion in here if more people watch :lol:

Edit: BTW thanks to Sunhee for the historical information. I was actually confused about that. I thought that in the drama SuhDong spread his version of the song and then Sunhwa started to spread a new version with some words different? Which is how he found the letter that said she was looking for him in the old secret hideout. But I couldn't tell...I see so he didn't spread the song, he just gave children yams?

I hope the story ends with a happy ending =-= Young kids who don't respect all the trouble their fathers went through don't deserve a drama after them :P But then with the inevitable heartache that Sunhwa is going to go through, who knows?

For now I'm content to watcha great story ^^

NP, Redmango. :]

I believe that he gave the children yams to make them run and play in front of the guy's carriage [the guy who killed Bum Saeng and interrogated them during capture] so that SD would have time to kill him. But he coincidentally hears another group of children running across singing "the song" and gets diverted. That was Sun Hwa's doing so that she could find out where he was. haha, I was actually confused with what was going on until the end of the episode too. :] She added in an extra "molae" to the lyrics to trigger his memory of their secret rabbit hole.

haha, I THINK this will end a happy ending.. that is, if they don't include the reign of King Uija. The horndog king who cared more for getting into women's pants (or dresses should I say) than caring about his country, not to mention a totally disrespectful son.

Anyhow, here is an extra YSI link to Ep. 10 for those who need it:

You Send It: Episode 10

:)

Guest White_Stars

Today's episode was... B):o:(:angry:<_<:o:(

and in the end, it was: :wub:B)

*phew*

XD

Btw, thanks creidesca for all the SDY episodes. :D

Whee! can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

[womanizer] well like father like son ... so funny .. i meant why they changed the plot. coz sometimes its makes me confuse especially when Princess Sun Hwa spread the songs. Coz as far as i know supposed to be Suh Dong who spread the songs.

Thanks Debbi @ Sun Hee for the historical lesson and also for the link. Can't wait for tonight episode.

Well is there anyone wanna do the english subbing for the drama??? i'm just depends on my small vocabulary and people summary to understand the whole drama.

Hope someone can do the summary. PLS!!!

Guest lemonhl

anyone know if ep. 10 is out w/ chinese subs yet? i'm so eager to keep watching... i got into this drama because of JHJ. i really like lee bo young here too... she looks so pretty!

it usually comes out on the weekends.

Hi all,

This is nutom. From now on, pls recognize me as daisii.

nutom = daisii and vice versa... :P

By the way, may I know where I could get the Chinese sub please? :)

Thanks in advance! :D

Hello!!!! Where is Lisa?????

Hi all,

This is nutom. From now on, pls recognize me as daisii.

nutom = daisii and vice versa... :P

By the way, may I know where I could get the Chinese sub please? :)

Thanks in advance! :D

Hello!!!! Where is Lisa?????

daisii = nutom

nutom = daisi ..

pugushipta!!!

welcome back!!

yeah .. where is Lisa?? Miss her ..

Guest st helena

nutom, nazznen !!! feeling great to be missed...I am going nowhere...st helena is lisa :D

rating for episode 10 goes up to 19.6% nationwide :D I've read some writings written by the fans of this drama who visited the shooting sites...

All the staff and cast are under great pressure of tight schedule, especially JHJ... as he is involved with

most of the scenes...so poor JHJ sleeps only 2 -3 hours a day and is losing weight.. :(

IMG_0613-anna12kr.jpg

they are practising their lines...can you guys find out who is JHJ, who is Ryu Jin ?

one of JHJ fans saying he is barefooted...but I can't recognize...I didn't come to that stage yet...

Archived