[drama 2005] Seo Dong's Song 서동요

Guest lemonhl

Guest lemonhl
[sBS] Jo Hyun Jae, Lee Bo Young & Ryu Jin
SEO DONG YOH (서동요) - THE BALLAD OF SEO DONG - SONG OF THE PRINCE - SEO DONG'S SONG SeoDong02.gifrelation.jpg Genre: Historical Drama Episodes: 55 Broadcast network: SBS (Kim Jong Hak Production) Broadcast period: 2005-09-05 to 2006-03-21 Air time: Monday & Tuesday 9:55 PM Director: Lee Byung Hoon (Dae Jang Geum, Heo Joon, Sang Do) Writer: Kim Young Hyun (Dae Jang Geum, HIT) Website: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/seodong/ http://www.seodongyo.co.kr/ http://drama.wwcast.com/seodongyo/ http://seodongyo.iksan.go.kr/home/ http://cafe.daum.net/sbsseodongyo Xanga Site - Prisci4u http://millenarylove.com/ Seo Dong Yoh Episode Guide Youtube Broadcast - Watch SDY with E sub Download: http://clubbox.co.kr/busle318 - HQ and MQ English Sub: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_35453_0.htm Synopsis (wiki drama): Producer Lee Byung-Hun and writer Kim Yeong-hyeon from "Jewel in the Palace (Dae Jang Geum)", last year's major hit drama here and in China, have again teamed up for a new historical drama. The SBS drama "Sodongyo", translated as "Sodong's Song", has much in common with "Jewel in the Palace". Both deal with similar themes: a success story of a lower class person rising to the top, a love that transcends social position, a secret of birth and a rivalry between main characters. However, whereas "Jewel" is set in the Choson Kingdom (1392-1910), "Sodongyo" takes place in the Paekche Kingdom (18 B.C. - A.D 660), a first for a TV drama. Aside from the romance between a princess and a commoner, an interesting part of the drama is that it focuses on a fierce technology war almost 1,500 years ago. The protagonist is Sodong, a commoner who strives to become a top technician. Sodong later became King Mu, the 30th king of Paekche as he was finally recognized as of royal birth. The main background of the drama is Taehaksa, Paekche's prestigious institute of science technology. As it possessed and developed the most up-to-date technology at that time, the institute was always in danger of industrial espionage from other countries like the Koguryo Kingdom and the Silla Kingdom. "The 21st century is an era of information technology. The viewers will be able to see not only the splendidly rich culture of the Paekche Kingdom but also their ancestors' passion for information technology, which is in line with today's trend", said the drama's writer Kim. The drama also reveals the role of monks as industrial spies at that time, an aspect of monks in the past that is rarely focused 0n. "Monks were the advance guards of intelligence war at that time. The leaders of the three countries made the best use of the monks' mobility as they were allowed to move freely from country to country on sacred missions", said Kim. The drama also features a character who was originally from the Silla Kingdom (57 B.C. - A.D 935) but went over to Paekche as a child and smuggled himself into Taehaksa, concentrating on secretly getting out high-quality information over a long time. Various agricultural technologies considered the most up-to-date at that time also appear in the drama. In some episodes, to solve the problems of excessive dryness of the land, they released earthworms, and used ondol (hot floor) for the first time to decrease the humidity of homes. "Sodongyo" is said to be one of Korea's oldest folk songs. According to Samgukyusa (The Memorabilia of the Three Kingdoms) from the Silla Kingdom, the song was written by Sodong, a commoner from the Paekche Kingdom. Hearing that Princess Sonhwa, a daughter of King Chinpyong of the Silla Kingdom was beautiful, he writes a song saying that the princess visits Sodong's room every night and spreads the song around. When her father hears the song, he condemns the princess to exile. Sodong picks her up and takes her to Paekche, and they become the royal couple of the country. CAST: Jo Hyun Jae as Buyo Jang (Seo Dong, Prince Mugang, King Moo) c0e5c0ccas7.jpg Due to unfortunate events, although he was born of a king He grows up as a plebeian salesman in Iksan Namji. He is very positive and bright, and strongly independent. He has outstanding creative skills and a strong sense of justice, But people thought of him as a naughty boy, for which his mother sends him to Mok-ra-su so that he can get discipline and training. However, during his frequent visits to the imperial palace, he creates a commotion… Lee Bo Young as Princess Seon Hwa bcb1c8adb0f8c1d6qb9.jpgRyu Jin as Sataek Giroo (Kim Do Ham) bbe7c5c3b1e2b7e7gi0.jpg Heo Young Ran as Princess Woo Young bfecbfb5b0f8c1d6kp3.jpg Kim Young Ho as Buyeo Seon bacebfa9bcb1al3.jpg Lee Chang Hoon as Mokrasoo b5e5b7a1b0efb8f1b6f3bcfzg3.gif Jeong Seon Kyeong as Mojin b8f0c1f8bb0.jpg Lim Hyeon Sik as Maek Do Soo b8c6b5b5bcf6pd9.jpgGoo Hye Seon as Eun Jin c0bac1f8zv8.jpg Lee In Hwa as Yeon Ga Mo bfacb0a1b8f0hm6.jpg
Credit (and spelling of names) to NVZBL for much of this, and SBS characters page at the SDY website. ***Edited by Lorac/Priscilla Jang: Seo-dong, later Buyo-Jang, Prince Mu-gang, Mu Wang (King Mu) Sunhwa: Shilla princess, in love with Jang Sataek Gi-roo: Jang's rival. His real name is Kim Do-ham (a member of Shilla Hwarang - National Youth Fighting Force) Mokrasu: Head Master of the Academy, exiled to Shilla for 10 years Yungamo: Jang's mother, the love of Mokrasu's life Mo-jin: Head Female Instructor in the Academy (loves Mokrasu) Sun or Buyo-Sun: later King Beop (29th King of Baekjae) Princess Woo-young: Sun's sister and thorn in Jang's side! (^-^) Aja Taeja: First Prince, Crown Prince, 1st son of Wee-duk Wang Maekdosu: Bum-ro's father Princess Chun-Myung: Sunhwa's sister Weesong: Chun Myung's husband Haedoju: District Lord and father of Sun's future queen Buyo-Gae (or) Buyo-Hye: 28th king of Baekjae (Sun's father) Boryang: Shilla Monk and NVZBL's list: secondary characters: King Wee-duk: Jang's father (27th king of Baekjae/ Wee-duk Wang) Sun's bodyguard: Heuk-Jipyung King Weeduk's bodyguard: Wangoo Moojang Jang's academy male friend: Bum-ro Jang's academy female friend: Eun-jin (has a crush on Jang) Princess' older female attendant: Bo-myung Princess' younger female attendant: Cho-gee Princess' bodyguard: So-choong Giroo's guard/attendant: Goo-san Giroo's father: Kim Sa-heum Princess' father: King Jin-pyung Princess' mother: Queen Ma-ya Merchant friend: Gaek-joo (also goes by Dae-jang which is a nickname roughly meaning "boss")
OST: 308218.jpg mms://aod.mylisten.com/aod/7/92/068792_0888682.wma to mms://aod.mylisten.com/aod/7/92/068792_0888688.wma 01. seo dong yo 02. Hero 03. Doomba 04. Hero 03 05. ae sang 06. Hero 04 07. Pretty 07000012937.jpg mms://aod.mylisten.com/aod/2/42/071242_0923484.wma to mms://aod.mylisten.com/aod/2/42/071242_0923500.wma 01. Hero I 02. suh dong (rak) 03. ggot bit - Keum Sun Ae 04. ae sang I 05. ae sang II 06. ryun 07. yun suh 08. hae mil - Lim Jae Wook (Position) 09. The Flower Hues 10. suh dong (ae) 11. Ace of Sorrow 12. wol in 13. hae mil (Inst) 14. suh dong (ro) chok do 15. wan wol 16. Hero II 17. suh dong (hee) - Kim Ji Hyun, Baek Bo Hyun, Kim Seul Ki or 01. Hero I 02. suh dong (rak) 03. ggot bit - Keum Sun Ae 04. ae sang I 05. ae sang II 06. ryun 07. yun suh 08. hae mil - Lim Jae Wook (Position) 09. The Flower Hues 10. suh dong (ae) 11. Ace of Sorrow 12. wol in 13. hae mil (Inst) 14. suh dong (ro) chok do 15. wan wol 16. Hero II 17. suh dong (hee) - Kim Ji Hyun, Baek Bo Hyun, Kim Seul Ki Lyrics: 해밀/포지션 Hae Mil - Position 아련한 기억속에서 그리움 다시 돌아보네요 세월의 흔적 속에 고이 멈춰 있기 때문이죠 추억의 조각 속에서 언제나 곁에 내가 있어요 간절한 소망들이 이뤄져가는 걸 느끼나요 믿고있나요 우리의 사랑을 잊지는 마요 다시 만날 수 있어요 스쳐지나는 바람 그 하나까지 귓가에 간직해요 보이나요 들리나요 내 가슴이 소리내 우는 걸 기억해요 내 아름다운 그대여 그렇게 살아요 믿고있나요 우리의 사랑을 잊지는 마요 다시 만날 수 있어요 스쳐지나는 바람 그 하나까지 귓가에 간직해요 보이나요 들리나요 내 가슴이 소리내 우는 걸 기억해요 내 아름다운 그대도 그렇게 살아요 보이나요 들리나요 내 가슴이 소리내 우는 걸 기억해요 내 아름다운 그대도 그렇게 살아요 그렇게 살아요 ================== 꽃빛/금선애 ggot bit /geum seon ah 하늘빛 드리우면 쪽빛에 나를 담아 가엾어라 모진 사랑은 가슴 속에 묻는다 하늘빛 드리우면 쪽빛에 나를 담아 가엾어라 모진 사랑은 가슴 속에 묻는다 그리워도 말하지 못한 채 돌아갈 곳도 없다 쓰러진 세월을 바라온 눈물은 산이 되고 못다한 내 사랑도 가없는 설움에 잠든다 따라가려해도 물길도 사라지고 꽃빛 속에 살아라 눈물도 고운 사랑아 쓰러진 세월을 바라온 눈물은 산이 되고 못다한 내 사랑도 가없는 설움에 잠든다 따라가려해도 물길도 사라지고 꽃빛 속에 살아라 눈물도 고운 사랑아 =================== 서동요 Seo Dong Yo 요 내 달이 다시 돌아와 사창을 적시면 이내 이내 선화공주는 남몰래 서동 각시가 된다 아야어야 어쩌나 얼라리요 달아달아 보시면 아이고야 어쩌나 아야어야 어쩌나 얼라리요 달아달아 보시면 아이고야 어쩌나 아이고야 요 내 달이 다시 돌아와 사창을 적시면 이내 이내 선화공주는 남몰래 서동 각시가 된다 아야어야 어쩌나 얼라리요 달아달아 보시면 아이고야 어쩌나 아야어야 어쩌나 얼라리요 달아달아 보시면 아이고야 어쩌나 아이고야 어쩌나 Rating (johyunjaecn): Average - Nationwide: 19.8% - Seoul: 21% sdyratejhjlf0.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lemonhl
Guest redmango

This drama is so engaging...

I think I have a fixation on the necklace but...

spoiler warning for episode nine:

I didn't know each crown prince or king had one of those necklaces...So how many necklaces with the flashy blue stone do you think is out there? And since Jang's has been switched with the current Crown Prince's how do you think its going to be resolved?

Also..anyone understand what Jang's plan with the turtles was? I mean he wrote on the back that the current king was going to die and then that he shall be succeeded by "Shin" I think? How is that supposed to get the palace to send an honor/protection guard for the Crown Prince?

Guest momomango

My favorite drama running right now ^^

Although, I don't know how I can take like cliffhangers every 2 episodes...

BTW: does anyone know if this drama is being subbed in any language? (Hopefully English?)

Guest lemonhl

My favorite drama running right now ^^

Although, I don't know how I can take like cliffhangers every 2 episodes...

BTW: does anyone know if this drama is being subbed in any language? (Hopefully English?)

there is a version with Chinese subs

can you read?

^ question... is the chinese-subbed version only in simplified characters? i never really cared much for it, and have always preferred traditional.

but eh... definitely better than nothing. i'm pleasantly surprised that the chinese subs come out so fast! i'm just so happy i can watch jo hyun jae every week!

Guest lemonhl

^ question... is the chinese-subbed version only in simplified characters? i never really cared much for it, and have always preferred traditional.

but eh... definitely better than nothing. i'm pleasantly surprised that the chinese subs come out so fast! i'm just so happy i can watch jo hyun jae every week!

unfortunately, yes, they are all simplified characters.

EP3

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/axiuyuan/y5ii3

EP4

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/axiuyuan/tuck3

EP6

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/axiuyuan/2lck3

EP7

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/axiuyuan/hewk3

you can find more in this box

http://clubbox.co.kr/tsxz

Guest The Moose

I didn't know each crown prince or king had one of those necklaces...So how many necklaces with the flashy blue stone do you think is out there? And since Jang's has been switched with the current Crown Prince's how do you think its going to be resolved?

LOL, keep watching the drama! :P

I'm guessing you haven't been introduced to the history behind the Three Kingdoms. Keep watching the drama and you'll somewhat understand the supposedly the story behind the 서동요. Even though lots of it has been already changed/deleted/added to the drama from its tale. Still it's somewhat relevant. :huh:

서동's necklace is called "오색야명주."

백제 왕실의 신표인 오색야명주.

용으로 장식한 은색 테두리 안에 푸른색 보석이 큰 알맹이로 박혀 있다.

But it's only a myth so don't count on ever finding/seeing it! ;)

Guest sylver

I'm planning to upload the 350MB version of this drama after I finished uploading Wedding. Anyone interested?

Btw, DsjC1984, your banner is too big. Could you make it smaller? :unsure:

Guest The Moose

I'm planning to upload the 350MB version of this drama after I finished uploading Wedding. Anyone interested?

Btw, DsjC1984, your banner is too big. Could you make it smaller? :unsure:

How do I do that? I'm new to this kind of stuff... Sorry! :unsure:

Guest redmango

LOL, keep watching the drama! :P

I'm guessing you haven't been introduced to the history behind the Three Kingdoms. Keep watching the drama and you'll somewhat understand the supposedly the story behind the 서동요. Even though lots of it has been already changed/deleted/added to the drama from its tale. Still it's somewhat relevant. :huh:

서동's necklace is called "오색야명주."

백제 왕실의 신표인 오색야명주.

용으로 장식한 은색 테두리 안에 푸른색 보석이 큰 알맹이로 박혀 있다.

But it's only a myth so don't count on ever finding/seeing it! ;)

Yeah TT_TT... I'm ABK, whos parents let me grow up completely nonkorean...

LoL so I was actually interested because of the historical background since Sondok is the one empress/historical figure in Korean history I knew. Any chance for a spoiler with the historical settings? :P

Archived