• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TY_KSW

overall i like the drama

but there are a bit confusing parts that i dont get

for example

how does the other guy (not kwon sang woo) how does he know yoona?

you mean Jae Min, acted by Song Chang Hui... as the step brother of KSW characters..

That Jaemin is son of the step mother whos not son belong to Lee blood :P

Return to your question, Jaemin knew Soo Jin in France when they studied there but he tried to not regconize her at first...

Guest zane87

The rating is really not a big deal, we watch a drama not because it has high rating but it's because we're interested in it, as long as we enjoy it that's all...

After all, low rating =\= bad drama, besides, I have faith that it will pick up later.... :)

Guest jjanga

ummm... 6.7% rating is prettty low and the fact that it went down from the first episode tells you something

if you may recall ksw last drama, bad love, it stayed around 6-7%...

now i'm not saying i dont like ksw, i actually like him since stairway to heaven so i'm watching this drama (also for the fact that yoon ah is in it)

but all i'm saying is one cannot ignore the ratings. dont tell me you guys dont look at the ratings a little bit before starting a new drama.

and low ratings DO usually indicate a bad drama. dont get me started on the list, haha

the ratings usually hold true

i hope it goes up, i want ksw to succeed, but it doesn't look to good right now

*prediction - this drama will never go past 11.5% (but i hope not :))

Ok maybe because I'm not Korean, but I definitely DO NOT look at the ratings before starting new drama haha . Instead I check through the cast, the synopsis and watch the first episode to see if i'm going to "commit" to the drama.

It's a fact that rating is indicative of how popular a drama is but i find it over-generalizing (it's totally possible for a drama to score low with overall population but at the same time scored extremely high with Female 25-33 demographics).

Well let's not get scientific here ...the point is at the end of the day, if my favorite drama gets high ratings, great ... if it's not, still great, because what matters is I dig the drama ... since when do we have to care so much if the whole nation is watching the same drama with me ?!?

I'm excited about Cinderella Man not only because of KSW and Yoona but because of the storyline and the feel of the drama. They're pleasant, cheerful and hopeful. Whereas compared to Cain & Abel, wow, one look at the OST MV and I felt like the whole world is so dark & painful, even though I love So Ji Sub to death :-p

Guest pantsripkick

This drama is based on revenge. Kind of hard to raise the percentage at this point, unless the story plot gets better and doesn't drag as much as these two previous episodes.

Guest zane87

jjanga, u might have ur point for most of the ppl, but to be honest, no I didn't look at the rating 1st b4 I watch every drama until now cos I can only read about the rating the next day after it's broadcasted as u know...

And I think it's abit shallow to judge the quality of a drama based on it's rating, cos there're jus too many factors that affect the rating, a drama that doesn't appeal to public not necessarily means it has low quality, though from general standard it seems to be like that....

So far I love KSW's acting here on how he interprets the 2 characters well where u can see they're really like 2 different person....

And I like to see Yoona act differently than her previous role in her previous drama... that's wat I enjoy in watching drama - seeing how the actors/actresses act differently in different dramas with different roles.... :)

This drama is based on revenge. Kind of hard to raise the percentage at this point, unless the story plot gets better and doesn't drag as much as these two previous episodes.

Lolz, since when this drama became a drama of revenge? =.=a It's a story of ppl at DongDaeMun fight for their dream and love, unless something goes wrong with the writers or PDs to make it that in the half way.... ~.~

Guest pantsripkick

Maybe it would've been better if there was a different girl character. I don't know. Rating is really low. Kind of disappointing.

okay so i haven't watched it yet, and i'm not really a drama person but i'm gonna give this a try cause o_o it's the first time that i love every single major cast member, actually ALMOST, cause i can tolerate kws only because everyone around me seems to love him so much ._. rofl

but yay yoona and hej <3

i'll watch despite the ratings cause imo the only dramas with high ratings are the ones with semi good plots and all idol actors/actresses

like bof goong, all those past dramas that made a big hit ._. (rofl to me..they're like the idol groups of dramas..you don't really watch for the story but for the people? erg. i don't know if i'm making sense) but i think its a pity to let a drama go because of its ratings, i mean...worlds within had pretty low ratings but i still enjoyed it xD lols

i'm probably getting REALLY off topic but..i'll be back with like..comments on the show ._. in order to make this post not a spam

and it'll probably come later .________. since i totally need subtitles

Guest TY_KSW

jjanga, u might have ur point for most of the ppl, but to be honest, no I didn't look at the rating 1st b4 I watch every drama until now cos I can only read about the rating the next day after it's broadcasted as u know...

And I think it's abit shallow to judge the quality of a drama based on it's rating, cos there're jus too many factors that affect the rating, a drama that doesn't appeal to public not necessarily means it has low quality, though from general standard it seems to be like that....

So far I love KSW's acting here on how he interprets the 2 characters well where u can see they're really like 2 different person....

And I like to see Yoona act differently than her previous role in her previous drama... that's wat I enjoy in watching drama - seeing how the actors/actresses act differently in different dramas with different roles.... :)

Lolz, since when this drama became a drama of revenge? =.=a It's a story of ppl at DongDaeMun fight for their dream and love, unless something goes wrong with the writers or PDs to make it that in the half way.... ~.~

totally agreed with you about the rating! :rolleyes:

sometimes, rate is not saying everything

not to plus the fact that some of HIGH rating in Korea but sold the low price export to foreigners such as Taiwan, HK especially JApan.

but all KSW's dramas are gaining very high export sale there....

Concerning the "drama of revenge"! oop! where in the world that term come from? :rolleyes:

I agree too, it is a story of ppl at Dong DAe Mun for their drama and life ...

We are in the first 2 epi, not going all through yet, then, when the drama develop we will see it all! :)

The rating is really not a big deal, we watch a drama not because it has high rating but it's because we're interested in it, as long as we enjoy it that's all...

After all, low rating =\= bad drama, besides, I have faith that it will pick up later.... :)

you are right!! :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Here is more captures from epi 2

Very interesting scenes!

two Kwon Sangwoo in a car and the poor give the rich a punch! effect of MCC

414c2266q.jpg

1cdb4d88.jpg

ecb1ad57.jpg

f715dd9a.jpg

Credit as stated

Guest polaris

In Ep 2 KWS Shirtless!!! super hott!!

I really like KSW but his lisp is sooo distracting!!!

it's cute but sometimes hilarious... especially the serious moody scenes.. I cant help but giggle a bit.

I remember in Stairway to Heaven ... it would be the serious confession of love moment and he would say....

"SssTHA LANG HEH"

I'm sure I will get used to it as the drama goes on..

Oh, C&A has higher ratings? We'll just wait & see, in the long run, only 2-episodes have been aired. There will be more to come. :mellow::huh:

WHAT HAPPENED TO KWON SANG WOO AND YOONA’S EFFECT, FOR CINDERELLA MAN?

th_20090402183010265.jpg

Even though SNSD's Yoona and Kwon Sangwoo were casted for MBC's new Weds/Thurs drama 'Cinderella Man'(CM), it seems like their casting has nothing to do with the viewer's rating for this drama.

According to AGB media's research, on 15th, CM had 7.7% viewer's rating. Prior to CM, last episode of 'The Return of Iljimae' had 8.8% viewer's rating.

On the other hand, according to TNS Media Korea, they reported a higher viewer's rating for CM; on 15th it had 9.3% viewer's rating, which is higher than 'The Return of Iljimae's viewer's rating of 8.2%.

However, viewer's rating for CM was significantly less than SBS's 'Cain and Abel' which had 17.4%; 'Cain and Abel' airs at the same time as CM.

Credits:

newsdept@ibtimes.co.kr

Translated by cathode@soshified.com/forums

Guest cococrust

C&A is nearing its run to the end, so their ratings would probably be higher than CM. I for one would probably catch a drama that I have been watching all along (and ending soon) and miss a new drama thats starting.

Guest TY_KSW

Thanks Will for the articles

Sure, the low rate for first two epi are not relating to the cast.

Actually all casts are performing the best, based on the judgement of media, and my points!

But it not saying all for just first 2 epi.. we have many epi to go and surely MBC knows who to improve it..

Trust the drama will attract more viewers.. :D

Guest Wen Jing

Well, it's sad that the raitings are going down instead of going up but anyway, just the first two episodes, so I won't say much.

Plus, some good dramas tends to have very low raitings... but I hope this is not the case with Cinderella Man.

I feel that people were watching other dramas like 'Cain and Abe' cuz they have been watching it for a while so people tend to not start watching other dramas once they have been stick with one.

So far, the cast is good, the story is interesting too, plus, it includes a lot of fashion, I think young people will follow it more later ^^

Let's wait a little more to see what happens.

Archived