[drama 2009] Cinderella Man 신데렐라맨

RiceGirl1212

Guest mailene28

omg so the long wait is finally over by tomorrow. thanks fellow Wooers for the updates and everything :)

I may not be posting but im ur regular lurker. :D

thanks to Ty and everyone! ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg so the long wait is finally over by tomorrow. thanks fellow Wooers for the updates and everything :)

Hi mailene, so nice to see you here on his drama thread. Ye, the pilot episode will be tomorrow - please support it, I know KSW is one of your namjas - just inside your heart - hahaha - I hope this post won't be your first & last, don't be a lurker anymore, you don't do that in the 2-threads where you're usually at. lol - :lol::D

Guest TY_KSW

Hi Mailene, not just lurker, a post-er plz! :D

Guest mailene28

hahaha u two caught me. willenette unni you of all my chingus here are the one who knows that KSW has a special place in my heart too. so my thanks to everyone is implied. hee.

of course ill support this series all the way. :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: MBC Global Media [English | Chinese | Japanese | Korean]

Cinderella Man

sinb.jpg

Running time 60 min

Starring Kwon Sang-woo, Yoon-A, Song Chang-eui, Han Eun-jung

Director Yoo Jeong-jun

Writer Cho Yun-yeong

Synopsis

There’s not much to life. It’s all about getting that one lucky break!

Dae-san sells his own clothing designs at a small shop in Dongdaemun Market and all he thinks about is getting rich. One day, he crosses path with Joon-hee and finds that they share an uncanny resemblance to each other. Joon-hee, who is also the heir of a fashion empire, asks Dae-san if he could pose as him for a month. While secretly posing as Joon-hee, Dae-san uses his savvy business skills to outmaneuver Lee Jae-min and also finds true love. But then his cover is blown...

Singer Yu-na and Asian star Kwon Sang-woo play the leading roles in this TV miniseries!

Starring

cast1conimg.jpgOh Dae-san / actor Kwon Sang-woo

Sells clothes in the back alleys of Dongdaemun Market and obsesses about getting rich.

Tall and handsome, he is a hustler and dresses well as he marches ahead on the road towards becoming a successful merchant. Growing up as an orphan, he does not fear failure nor does he trust anyone.

He meets Lee Joon-hee, heir to a fashion empire, by coincidence and when Lee sees that Dae-san looks just like him, he asks him if he would switch places with him...

cast2conimg.jpgSeo Yoo-jin / actress/singer Yoon-A

An aspiring designer. She has a sharp sense of style and a lot of pride.

One of the star graduates of a famous Paris fashion design school, she starts from the bottom in the fashion industry by working for Dae-san when her father, a clothes wholesaler, suddenly passes away. She doesn’t get along with Dae-san and constantly quarrels with him. By chance she meets the rich Lee Jae-min again whom she met before in Paris. His family owns a fashion empire and she can’t make up her mind whether to choose Jae-min or Dae-san, whom she has gradually grown fond of. Beautiful singer Yu-na of the popular Girl’s Generation girl group stars in this TV miniseries!

cast3conimg.jpgLee Jae-min / actor Song Chang-eui

Eldest son in the family that owns a fashion empire.

As Joon-hee’s stepbrother, he makes decisions after weighing all the options before him and has impeccable manners.

He is at odds with his step-grandmother, who wishes to hand over the reins of the company to her grandson Joon-hee, who also happens to be a talented businessman.

The only woman who gives him comfort is Seo Yoo-jin, whom he met in Paris but he figures that he must marry Jang Sae-eun whose family is very wealthy and influential...

cast4conimg.jpgJang Sae-eun / actress Han Eun-jung

The only daughter of the founder of a mutual fund empire. She studied fashion design overseas.

Having sultry good looks, she did model gigs during her high school years. She is very conscious about the latest fashion trends. During her time abroad, she regrets turning down Jae-min when he proposed marriage to her, and so she wants to give him a second chance to rekindle their relationship. But she gets upset when Jae-min doesn’t show much of an interest in her. Then she spots Oh Dae-san and is attracted to his street smarts.

cast5conimg.jpgLee Joon-hee / actor Kwon Sang-woo (also portrays Oh Dae-san)

Second son of the founder of a fashion empire and heir apparent.

He’s tall and has an athletic build. He’s handsome and has a sharp eye for style. But he’s arrogant and hates complications in his life.

He was sent off to France where he spent 19 years of his life. Upon hearing about his father’s illness, he returns to Korea and his grandmother, the chairwoman of the company, makes him take a managerial position at the company.

Having a heart problem just like his later mother, he asks Oh Dae-san, who is his lookalike, to pose as him for a month so that he can secretly get a heart operation without anyone in his family knowing about his medical condition. And with that he goes off to Paris for his operation...

Copyright© Since 2005, MBC & iMBC All Rights Reserved.

Guest yeohweping

http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/news/1736149_25552.html

“Cinderella Man,” Kwon Sang-woo impress others with his enthusiasm - acting against strong winds on top of the cliff.

- Excellent fashion sense, perfectly fits into the role of the ‘3rd generation Chaebol’ with his glasses on

- Visiting Udo Island for the first time, Kwon Sang-woo pushes ahead with scenes on top of the cliff for better images on the screen

Kwon Sang-woo, playing a double role in MBC’s new mini series “Cinderella Man” visited Jeju Island, where spring arrives earlier than the rest of the country.

”Cinderella Man” filmed in different places of Jeju Island for four days including the scene where Jun-hee (Kwon Sang-woo) searches Udo Island to find traces of his birth mother.

The crew could successfully finish filming in Jeju Island with active support and cooperation from the residents.

On the last day, Kwon Sang-woo perfectly acted Jun-hee delivering his firm resolution to the butler (Ahn Seok-hwan) on top of the Udo cliff against strong winds. When the strong wind carried away Jun-hee’s lines, the filming crew voluntarily blocked the wind with their body to be of help to Kwon’s energetic performance.

After all the schedules were over in Jeju Island, Kwon said “I have visited Jeju several times before for different dramas, movies and commercials, but Udo was my first time. Udo is surrounded by the sea and its fresh air makes me feel good.”

“The wind was so strong that I could barely stand on the cliff, but I am glad that the scene came out well. The scene on the cliff, where Jun-hee makes a firm resolution at a place his mother’s ashes were scattered, is a very important scene and I am looking forward to watching in on TV,” he added.

In the meantime, Japanese tourists cheered Kwon up while watching his enthusiastic acting on the scene. The Japanese tourists who ran into the crew in front of a hotel couldn’t be happier to meet Kwon Sang-woo in person and handed over snacks and presents. Proving Kwon Sang-woo’s popularity in Japan, the tourists said that they are already aware of Kwon’s new drama “Cinderella Man” and have high expectations.

“Cinderella Man“ features stories of love and success happening around Dongdaemun market, one of the Korean traditional markets which has now become a fashion street for young people, starred by Kwon Sang-woo, Yoon Ah, Song Chang-ui and Han Eun-jung.

The first episode of “Cinderella Man” is scheduled to be aired on Wednesday, April 15, the following week of Moon River’s last episode.

Executive Producer: Oh Kyung-hoon

Producer: Kim Kwang-soo, Kim Kwang-il, Lee Jae-hyuck

Writer: Cho Yoon-young

Director: Yoo Jung-joon

Actor/Actress: Kwon Sang-woo, Yoon Ah, Song Chang-ui, Han Eun-jung, Jung Hye-sun, Ahn Seok-hwan, Jung Kyu-soo, Lee Kyung-jin and others

PR: Kim So-jung

===================

http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/news/1736150_25552.html

“Cinderella Man” discloses its five different types of posters before its first airing on Wednesday, April 15

- Sensation of fashion clashes with freshness!!

- Life changing story of a man from a lower class

MBC’s new mini series “Cinderella Man” is elevating audiences’ expectation as it discloses its five different types of posters before its first airing on Wednesday, April 15.

“Cinderella Man” features stories of love and success happening around Dongdaemun market, one of the Korean traditional markets which has now become a fashion street for young people.

The drama has been the center of attention with its outstanding casting of Kwon Sang-woo, playing a double role and Yoon Ah, acting in her first mini series.

The five posters disclosed last week include full-length portraits of the four main actors/actresses standing in bouncing water drops, four of them standing between mannequins, posturing stylishly like in a fashion magazine and two posters focusing on Kwon Sang-woo who will be playing Oh Dae-san and Lee Jun-hee (vertical and horizontal version).

During the poster shootings, Kwon Sang-woo had to change twice as many clothes as the other three actors/actresses since he is playing two different characters in the drama.

Kwon Sang-woo dressed as Jun-hee first and then changed his hair style and clothes to be Dae-san. The staffs told later that they could save time thanks to Kwon who is apt to change very quickly.

When he was taking pictures for the poster, of which he represented his two different characters by contrasting himself and the reflection in the mirror, he was very good in expressing both Jun-hee and Dae-san and received acclamations from the whole staff.

「Cinderella Man」is scheduled to air its first episode on Wednesday, April 15, after the final episode of 「Moon River」.

========================

http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/news/1736147_25552.html

“Cinderella Man” Kwon Sang-woo & Yoon Ah - Do we look cute together?

- 14 years of age difference in reality, Kwon Sang-woo & Yoon Ah’s photographs taken at the filming location

- Hundreds of fans gathered around fashion malls in Dongdaemun to watch Kwon Sang-woo & Yoon Ah’s acting

MBC’s new mini series “Cinderella Man” is ready to air its first episode on Wednesday, April 15, following “Moon River.” The two main actor and actress Kwon Sang-woo & Yoon Ah’s photos at the scene are revealed for the first time.

One of them is the photograph of Oh Dae-san(Kwon Sang-woo) working at Dongdaemun Shopping Complex with a big backpack on his back and the other is of Seo Yoo-jin(Yoon Ah) sitting alone sadly, looking at her father’s picture in his father’s shop ‘Eastern’ after his death.

Dae-san and Yoo-jin runs into each other again after passing by at Yoo-jin’s father’s funeral and their relationship begins as Dae-san tries to help Yoo-jin get out of a trouble.

Yoon Ah, who cut her hair up to her shoulder’s length to fit into Yoo-jin’s lively character, impressed the staffs at the scene with her rich emotions as she instantly filled her eyes with tear.

Starting from the second week of March, “Cinderella Man” began its full-scale filming around the drama’s main background, Dongdaemun market.

When Kwon Sang-woo and Yoon Ah have scenes together at the Dongdaemun, hundreds of fans gathered around the area, proving the Korean wave star Kwon Sang-woo and ‘Girl’s Generation’ member Yoon Ah’s popularity.

“Cinderella Man“ features stories of love and success happening around Dongdaemun market, one of the Korean traditional markets which has now become a fashion street for young people.

The four main characters are played by Kwon Sang-woo, Yoon Ah, Song Chang-ui and Han Eun-jung. Adding zest to the drama, Kwon Sang-woo plays a double role of Oh Dae-san and the third generation chaebol Lee Jun-hee.

Princes, paupers and ... Cinderella?

"Cinderella" meets Mark Twain's "The Prince and the Pauper" in MBC's brand new Wednesday and Thursday night series "Cinderella Man." Marrying a bit of fairytale magic with classic comedy, "Cinderella Man" is, in the words of director Yoo Jung-joon: "a tart and lively tale."

"This drama is about Cinderella and a Cinderella man," said scriptwriter Jo Yoon-young, who crafted the series around a romance between a modern-day pauper-turned-prince and a Cinderella with a sense of style.

Girls' Generation sweetheart Yoona plays the series' Cinderella, a student at a prestigious Paris-based fashion school who is forced to return home and eke out a living in a small store in Dongdaemun Market after the sudden death of her father.

Korean Wave star Kwon Sang-woo stars opposite the pop pixie. Determined, it seems, to give his nunchakus a rest and prove his mettle as a thespian, Kwon is tackling not one but two roles in the upcoming series, which hits the small screen tonight.

200904140018.jpg

Riffing off the classic tale of a pauper and a prince who, upon realizing that they look alike, decide to swap roles, "Cinderella Man" entrusted actor Kwon with the daunting task of winning viewers over as both Oh Dae-san -- a work uniform coordinator struggling to make it in Dongdaemun Market -- and as Lee Joon-hee, the son of the chairman of a prominent fashion apparel group.

The decision to cast Kwon, however, may be a risky move. Not only is there a 14-year age gap between him and co-star Yoona, Kwon has been suffering from negative publicity regarding his marriage to actress Sohn Tae-young -- news reports say she was pregnant prior to the wedding -- and a controversial interview with movie magazine Premiere Korea.

"I don't want to talk about my wife and child," said Kwon, whose wife recently gave birth to a baby boy, at a press conference on April 2.

When asked about the controversial interview, he answered: "I was truly dumbfounded. Of course one gets angry when the front and back of what one says is cut off, just to sell a magazine."

The 32-year old actor, however, remained upbeat about his upcoming roles.

"I think Oh Dae-san is a really funny and silly character," said Kwon.

Co-star Yoona closed the book on the age gap issue, stating: "I do not feel that there is a huge age difference."

The girl group member cemented her reputation as an actress when she carried home two 45th Baeksang Arts Awards and the 2008 KBS Drama Award for Best Female Newcomer for her role in the KBS series "You Are My Destiny" (2008).

Co-star Kwon praised his 18-year old co-star at the press conference, calling her "very talented."

Poised to further her career in the world of television, Yoona revealed that her upcoming role as a modern-day Cinderella involves a less than black-and-white ending.

"Later on, I think she hesitates over whether or not to become a Cinderella," said the singer and actress.

The fusing of two popular classics, a liberal dose of fashion and not one but two big stars ensures MBC's "Cinderella Man" steady-if-not-successful ratings. Flanked by KBS' soap opera worthy "Again My Love" and SBS' dramatic "Cain and Abel," the sugar-spun fantasy also offers viewers a moment of respite from an otherwise heavy line-up.

"Cinderella Man" airs tonight at 9:55 p.m. on MBC.

By Jean Oh

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Credit : Korea Herald

Guest ripgal

So the focus is gonna be on Oh Dae San rather than both ODS and Lee Jun Hee?

Ahh..I hope they play out both characters evenly... it's definitely gonna be more interesting if they contrast both characters and show how they adapt to their different lifestyles.

But it seems like they'll leave out Lee Jun Hee for a while as he will go to Paris to have his heart operation?

Guest TY_KSW

So the focus is gonna be on Oh Dae San rather than both ODS and Lee Jun Hee?

Ahh..I hope they play out both characters evenly... it's definitely gonna be more interesting if they contrast both characters and show how they adapt to their different lifestyles.

But it seems like they'll leave out Lee Jun Hee for a while as he will go to Paris to have his heart operation?

Yes, ODS is focusing in the drama... But they also screened some scenes in which both ODS and LJH meeting each others, talking to each others...

I guess they will meet again in the last epi weh LJH come back from France. :D

thank you Kdramafanusa, Yeoh and Will for the articles...

Guest TY_KSW

Ok Joo Hyun - "Can't bear to say I love you" rank 1st in NATE music charts

88317816.jpg

[2009-04-14 20:12:27]

MBC drama 'Cinderella Man' OST "Cant Bear to Say I Love You" by Ok Joo Hyeon is ranking 1st place in every music charts.

The drama ost will be performed by two famous singer Ok Joo Hyun and Shin Song Hyun. The first publish of MV sung by Ok Joo Hyun ranked the top place in Nate music chart (www.nate.com).

The drama's pilot episode will be broadcated on April 15 after when the 2nd OST "I'm thinking of my man" performed by Shin Song Hyun will be introduced.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200904142011541002

victory.gifvictory.gifvictory.gifvictory.gifvictory.gif

Guest aznlockheart

Preview! (:

My gosh, it really is just under a day away~ I'm really excited!

Looks like a lot of things are already in the first ep! (Like KSW meeting himself)

Fast paced drama? (maybe?)

Guest White Star

I'm veryy hopeful about the series.....but it would be even more exciting if the Rich KSW didn't leave for paris and hang around in Seoul for a while

Guest yeohweping

176518.jpg

내 사람인 것 같아서- 신승훈

My person is the same - Shin Seung Hoon

mms://kt68kmssst.dosirak.com/MP/5/77003948/77003948_192K.wma

Use flashget or thunder to dl the whole song

TOMORROW!!!

ahhhhh I can't wait!

o_eun_2, here in my side, it's TONIGHT! Wow, so happy that it looks that everybody is anticipating this drama. Everybody just can't wait! :lol::D

VOD

Special staged by Ok Joo Hyun performance the OST

view / Download : Special Stage.wmv

TY, thanks for sharing the video clip this time after seeing the caption of this. She has lovely voice. I also love the song. :lol::D

Archived