Title (romaji): Arifureta Kiseki

Also known as: Unsurprising Miracle

Format: Renzoku

Broadcast network: Fuji TV

Broadcast period: 2009-Jan-08 start

Air time: Thursday 22:00

Theme song: Dreams Are More Precious by Enya

Synopsis

"Arifureta Kiseki" focuses on a woman (Nakama) living with her parents and grandmother, and a man (Kase) living with his father and grandfather. The story follows the ways that their ordinary lives and family ties begin to change after their encounter.

Cast

Nakama Yukie

Kase Ryo

Jinnai Takanori

Igawa Hisashi

Kazama Morio

Toda Keiko

Matsushige Yutaka

Kishibe Ittoku

Yachigusa Kaoru

• 2 months later...

Yay! :D Hello gerryg.

I thought the drama was progressing rather slowly until episode 4 when they suddenly started throwing a whole bunch of wrenches like her mom's affair and their fathers' prior relationship. And I was kind of sad that they decided to put the brakes on their already very slow relationship. I guess we'll soon find out why she's scared of falling in love.

Guest xradiostatic

oh wow i didn't know nakama yukie was in a new drama. i love her.

the synopsis sounds interesting.

i'll start watching this. :]

Yay! :D Hello gerryg.

I thought the drama was progressing rather slowly until episode 4 when they suddenly started throwing a whole bunch of wrenches like her mom's affair and their fathers' prior relationship. And I was kind of sad that they decided to put the brakes on their already very slow relationship. I guess we'll soon find out why she's scared of falling in love.

Hi clockwatcher!

The mom's affair was indeed a big surprise. I didn't see that coming at all! But I loved how she tried to buy her doll back but in the process became an emotional wreck realizing that her affair wasn't anything more than an affair. Which explains her state of defunct and hopelessness the night before.

As far as them slowing down their relationship I was glad they put the brakes on, it's obvious they are still emotional unstable and apparently Yukie's character has been traumatized which means she might freak out if they get any closer. I remember watching TW drama Mars. And even though the girl was finally able to open up and become a partner in a relationship when her boyfriend tried to approach her she freaked out and it brought her trauma to the forefront of her mind. I felt sad for her. :tears: Anyway, that's what I think will happen to Yukie's character if they go to fast. I am hoping that Ryo will at least get a little insight into to what he is dealing with so that he will be able to deal with it and thus their relationship will have a chance to grow. :rolleyes:

As far as thier father having a prior encounter I wonder what that's all about???? I just did not expect that!!! I am really curious about this particular twist so I can't wait to see eppi #5 :sweatingbullets:

What do you think about the suicide dude bare minimum living? I gave it some thought and I think he did that so he can survive. I think too many 'things' to worry about was too stressful for him so he kept reducing his life to a point where it's manageable by him. You know like 'living within your means' That usually refer to financial means but this time it's emotional means. So I find this character more intriguing than the others. He's funny at time though he's not trying to be but I can't help but laugh at him. He keeps peaking in the door of the living and he wants to join in yet he gets scared and runs away. Like the microwave. I thought that was the darndest exchange and yet he chose to keep it. To me that was an enigma that's why I thought about it afterwards and decided that that was his way of trying to join in with the living. You every watch shy children who wants to play ball with the other kids but just don't have the gusto to go for it! That's what I see in him and I see Ryo as the little boy who has the ball in his hand coming to grab the hand of suicide guy to get him to play with the others. Ryo is cute even if he is struggling just as hard as the others.

Even though Ryo knows how to handle suicide guy I think Yukie's character is the leader. What do you think? Dose she appears to be the leader to you? I think so because she is always directing their 'next' move. She is also the one directing their 'open' conversations. That's amazing to me. How she is so frank yet so closed in. Her character remains me of a hodge podge of diverse characteristics.

I think this one a real gem from winter this year! :)

Hi Maia-chan!

I like this too. I definitely do not get into dark depressing drama so I was reluctant to watch this but I like Yukie so much I gave it a try and I'm glad I did. This is like a character study, of some of the 'grayer' areas of our lives. It's not too dark it's just grey and I find that very interesting. :)

Episode 5 Big Spoiler!!!!

I'm watching part1 of episode 5 and I can not believe it! The fathers are cross dressers. :o That's probably what's tearing the fiber away in their families. I bet that's why the one mother left and why the other mother was having an affair. I'm shocked to no ends.

Well, I'm going to get back to the story. The guys are thinking about having a stroll around town; that should be interesting. Also, I must say, that new guy needs to learn how to close his legs when sitting down. Even though he looks vulgar it's still funny to see him sit like that. :P

lol... yeah gerryg. hhahaha. I saw most of episode 5 last night. What da heck... It wasn't as bad as I expected because I thought the men would be lovers... this is definitely not pretty but it's better.

Yukie's character... yes, she definitely the leader but I think she needs a stronger man. She really dominates and the guy is waaay too willing to please and indulge her. I think part of it is his personality and the other is that she's beautiful. lol. I think she's quite selfish, though. Because while she wanted to hear Shota's reason for his prior suicide attempt, she doesn't tell him is. And you see what happens in episode 5 as well. She wants to push him away yet keep him close.

That suicidal guy. I really don't like him at all... I think he's got a lot of issues and will be very dangerous in the future. The policeman shouldn't have ever set up the meeting for them to meet.

i was super excited to see ryo kase in a drama. and with yukie! (: at first i was like what? this drama is sort of boring. until you get that both of them were suicidal before, then it made sense. its such a kase-like character to play XP

since i'm biased i like shota's character, but yeah, she really does overpower him a lot. (isn't his reaction kind of normal for any guy that likes a beautiful girl though?) i'm a little annoyed she doesn't just come out and say it though (but i think i know what it is anyway). i dont like how she just gets to choose what happens all the time between them and he's just trying his best in general.

i don't like the suicidal guy either. plus his acting kind of bothers me. his eyes are always like O_O

lol... yeah gerryg. hhahaha. I saw most of episode 5 last night. What da heck... It wasn't as bad as I expected because I thought the men would be lovers... this is definitely not pretty but it's better.

Yukie's character... yes, she definitely the leader but I think she needs a stronger man. She really dominates and the guy is waaay too willing to please and indulge her. I think part of it is his personality and the other is that she's beautiful. lol. I think she's quite selfish, though. Because while she wanted to hear Shota's reason for his prior suicide attempt, she doesn't tell him is. And you see what happens in episode 5 as well. She wants to push him away yet keep him close.

That suicidal guy. I really don't like him at all... I think he's got a lot of issues and will be very dangerous in the future. The policeman shouldn't have ever set up the meeting for them to meet.

The suicide guy been living alone too long! To relieve some of his stress, instead of attacking Yukie , maybe he should take up a interesting hobby like the daddies! :P

So what do you think about the drink with the granny. She knows what the mother is going through and have indirectly told her so. I wonder if that will be a push for the mother to pull herself together and move on with her life besides, her daughter wants to talk to her and I want to know what it is she has to say!!!!!!

Yukie's mommy oops! I mean daddy, is the one who wanted to stroll around town. Now Ryo's daddy want to do it again! I think he came out for some freash air and now wants to stay out and play. But I think that guy who approached them will try to make him 'his woman' ( at least for his club!). That will be interesting to see unfold.

I still wonder what will happen to the young couple. Really, is being able to bear children a prerequisite for going out??? I guess they are of the age where marriage is quite possible so each partner can be view as a life partner (I guess) :unsure:

i don't like the suicidal guy either. plus his acting kind of bothers me. his eyes are always like O_O

I like the suicide guy. I think he's the wild card I never know what to expect from him. He's an engima

Yukie's mommy oops! I mean daddy, is the one who wanted to stroll around town. Now Ryo's daddy want to do it again! I think he came out for some freash air and now wants to stay out and play. But I think that guy who approached them will try to make him 'his woman' ( at least for his club!). That will be interesting to see unfold.

i have a feeling this is going to become an obstacle in the future (like yukie's dad will be found out).

lol it was such a random thing. comic relief for sure.

I like the suicide guy. I think he's the wild card I never know what to expect from him. He's an engima

true. he definitely keeps things interesting. maybe its just his eyes that bother me o_o cause if anyone else were acting the part with out the eyes o_o i probably wouldn't mind at all.

I'm watching it (up to episode 02). The pace of the show is rather slow and the somewhat morbid topic of death tend to turn people off. Most people expect other things when they watch Japanese programming, though of late there seems to be a real change in that type of programming.

yeah. it feels like the themes in dramas are changing lately. like 'last friends' dealt with an abusive boyfriend, sexual abuse (eita's character), and had homosexual undertones and that drama did really well.

I'm also watching 'voice' right now which deals with a lot of death since it's a show about autopsies/forensics basically...

i guess death is still kind of like the ultimate thing though. this is definitely a serious drama. (probably why they have some pretty obvious humor inserted in)

Yeah, the grandma was rather sneaky about mentioning her prior affair/experience. The mom, I think she's a bored woman who happens to be a drama queen and loves attention. lol... the parents' relationship. I don't even know if it'll end up in divorce because the father doesn't seem to be the least bit interested in his wife. It's like he tolerates her but doesn't really love her or prioritize her.

The cross dressing, seriously... what's up with that? :unsure: And how come Shota's father is really into it now? Isn't he worried that he might get recognized on the street? And they took photos so you know something is going to happen in a future episode.

They are in their late 20s/early 30s and considering that getting into a relationship like this is rare for both of them, if they decide to go out, it'll be serious. And matters about fertility are important. Shota, the thing I didn't really respect about him was he really didn't have an opinion about it because he just wanted to say whatever she wanted to hear. But she shouldn't have just dropped that bomb on him and instead, explained it.

semi-fly, yeah the first few episodes are slow and rather boring but in episode 4, they started revealing a whole bunch of secrets. LOL.

^ thats what my guess is. (i mean come on, flashback to foreign setting with a man in it, and she can't have kids. unless its a medical thing it's because she's afraid of sex)

if it isn't that or something close to it i'll probably be really shocked..

i wonder how they'll resolve everything for the suicidal guy.

Guest xradiostatic

i love this drama so far! i'm on ep 4 and i love the relationship dynamics in this show. it started off slow, but i could tell it was going to be good, so i kept watching it. ^_^

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I just love taking poster pictures :rolleyes: Arifureta Kiseki poster taken by me @ Fuji TV station, Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan.... B)

P1030880.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived