Bearpaw Vs Emu Vs Uggs

Guest serendipityxt

bearpaws ftw! they have rubber soles! soo much more durable than uggs and emus with those crappy foam board soles, plus they're cheaper and they're just as ugly as uggs hahaha, oh yeah they're just as warm lol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oopyecoj

bearpaw is ... :S

and the difference in price is the quality... in terms of looks, they're all around the same

uggs by far have the softest fur and the best quality (in terms of construction)

if you don't want to spend so much I think emu -- the fur may not be as nice but it will still keep you warm...I heard they break faster though but idk I've never bought emu.

You can't compare bearpaw to either one imo (it's not real fur, and just a replica of uggs/emus) but it should still keep you warm enough in beijing & if you're expecting them to get wrecked by the dirt there...I guess go for the cheapest?

Guest andrealove

Honestly, I think that Uggs will last you longer. And besides, I rather have the original one than buying wanna-be "uggs". Even though girls would wear BearPaws or Emus', they still all manage to refer to their boots as "Uggs". Keeping that in mind and the quality and durability, I think you should consider in investing into a pair of Uggs.

Guest Starlit_Skies

I've never tried Emu, but I have both Uggs and Bearpaw and enjoy them both equally. Like some people have said before me, if you're looking for a warm pair of boots that you wouldn't mind beating up, Bearpaw will definitely do the job. I've had mine for 3 years, and it's still holding up. You probably won't beat prices on Bearpaws, but sometimes Uggs go for a pretty good price on ebay. Sometimes TJMaxx sells them, too, which is where I got both my Uggs and Bearpaw boots. At 30 bucks, my Bearpaw was far cheaper than my Uggs which were $100.

Guest AAgurl789

read:

Ugg is a generic word used to describe a type and style of sheepskin boots so how can emu and bearpaw be knockoffs of "uggs"? ugg australia on the other hand is a registered trademark, the term ugg is not! Surfers have been using this generic ugg even before ugg australia became a brand so quit trying to tell people that just because they don't have ugg australia that it's knockoff uggs! quit being so "holier than thou" (yes I've said it) just because u have an ugg AUSTRALIA (trademark) boot. They didn't invent uggs, just made it popular.

emus are not ugg knockoffs, do u compare call addidas knockoffs of nikes afterall they're both sneakers? NO! they're different boots.

and emu gets such a bad rep because they have two lines. Most of the ones that you see are the grade B ones aka the "cheaper" emus. premium emus are supposedly made out of plush soft sheepskin and costs about the same as ugg australia. Simply put, the premium emus are not cheap knockoffs! knockoffs don't cost $200+!! knockoffs are those sold at target and walmart, not emu premium! again, I am only speaking up for the premium emus.

and there's a bunch of celebs wearing emus...such as katie holmes, kate hudson, hilary duff, denise richards, jessica szohr, selena gomez..you're telling me that these celebs wear knockoffs..maybe it's just because celebs are not brand judgemental and discriminatory like regular folks who likes to brag about their "original" ugg. maybe it's because ugg quality has declined and that PREMIUM emus have better all around features now?

when ppl think of emus, it's automatically associated with "cheaper uggs". not true, these ppl haven't done research and don't know that premium emus exists and that they are considerably about the same priceline as "uggs". *sighs* it's just sad really, I call that ignorance. :phew:

anyways, long post, sorry. just had to get it off my chest with all of this "ugg superiority" that many ppl seem to have these days. :crazy: This whole "I have ugg" and you have "knockoff uggs" is why ugg australia quality has declined! people pay for the brand nowadays even though it's more mass produced and lesser quality now.

I just bought an emu premium paddington (original price $200) and I have an ugg australia triple bailey. I'll definitely be trying both to see which ones I like better. :w00t:

I didn't mean to offend anyone, just wanted to get it off my chest with this "brand superiority" complex that ppl seem to have every now and then.

-------------------------------------------------------

found this online (don't know how true it is)

The UGG boot is a very popular boot, but the EMU is much better quality. People should do a lot more research.

The REAL difference between UGG & EMU:

- EMU boots have a double interlock stitching, where as UGG boots only have single interlock stitching.

- EMU boots provide arch support, and the UGG are flat as a pancake.

- EMU outsoles are much more supportive in the heel and the toe (where the boot wears out the quickest)

- EMU outsoles are also a double layer of EVA, where as UGG boots only use a single layer of EVA, making the boot wear down twice as fast

- EMU boots are actually Australian, where UGG are not. They were originally, but they were bought out by an American company called Decker 15 years ago

- All wool and shearling that are in EMU boots come from Australia (even though the tag says "Made in China", all material come from Australia and constructed in China), where as UGG boots are made from shearling that come from sheep in places such as Mongolia.

- The wool and shearling in EMU boots come from sheep that were grazed from grass. Where as UGG will take shearling from sheep in the mountains. The sheep that are grazed in the mountainous areas will have scarred or scratched skin, affecting the quality of the boot.

EMU are not "knock off" UGG boots. They're just not UGG boots. Just as New Balance are not "knock off" Nike's, they are simply New Balance.

There are TWO different types of lining in the EMU boots. One with wool (this is why everyone thinks they are knock off). Wool is what is shaved off a lamb or sheep and put into the boot.

The second type is shearling (this is frequently used in UGG boots), this is the lambs fur and the skin, which make them much warmer.

So by far the EMU boots a much better quality than UGG. The UGG boots are more popular because they have a very big company and do a lot more advertising than EMU.

Guest dorkafied!

My mom has Emu, my friend has Bearpaw and I have Uggs. I tried on my moms emus and my friends bearpaws and what feels "good" on my feet are my Uggs and my feet feel pretty warm too. I don't feel the same warmth I get when I wear the emus or bearpaws. :)

Guest Sunnyazn101

i have uggs and tbh the price reali its a lot for a pair of boots but its kinda worth it since it keeps ur feet warm and plus it won't wear out lik other boots so easily since of course the quality is better than others...

Guest misspinky

So by far the EMU boots a much better quality than UGG. The UGG boots are more popular because they have a very big company and do a lot more advertising than EMU.

i'm not going to argue about the technical difference between UGG and EMU but on-the-foot wise, UGG are definitely softer and they actually hold their shape slightly better. warmth wise, i didn't feel that my UGGs were warmer than my friend's EMU. with that said, i think it's all about how you (OP) feel, it doesn't cost money to try it on ;). additionally, you can actually buy a replacement sole from UGG so your footbed can be softer in the event you choose to purchase non-UGG australia [i believe it should fit but i have never tried it but again you can return if you don't like it]

• 4 years later...
Guest niftynina

Just so you all know, I checked with my Aussie girlfriend, and there is no brand name of "Uggs" in Australia. 
"Uggs" refers to the style only, and any brand can use that term. She thought I was crazy to keep insisting that there was one specific brand of Uggs.

Archived