Bearpaw Vs Emu Vs Uggs

Guest serendipityxt

Man I really want one of those boots! I've been looking at the Emus and Bearpaws. I wouldn't get the UGG b/c of the price. But I think the Bearpaws are slippery?...like it does not grip the ground as well. Did anyone notice that?

You know. I saw a pair at ROSS that are very, very similar to the EMU (called Emu Ridge..lol) and it's only 25 or 29$. I might get that one instead

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starliss

From a shoe salesperson who sells all three, and others (and it's not some no name brand store.. I'm from SoftMoc. I have to know all this.. it's what I'm paid for haha).

UGGs:

- Sheepskin nubuck on the outside

- Shearling on the inside

- EVA foam sole (on the classics, some have a rubber sole)

Emus:

- Cowhide suede on the outside

- Wool threaded through mesh (look closely, you can see!) on the inside

- Thin rubber sole on the bottom, and then an EVA foam sole (you can see the two different materials)

Bearpaws:

- Sheepskin nubuck on the outside

- Shearling on the inside

- Rubber sole

For warmth, none have a temperature rating, it's mostly just personal preference. I've tried on A LOT of different branded suede boots, and the linings are pretty much all the same. Some will say one is warmer than the other, but then you have to look at how thick the shearling or wool is.. etc. so it's personal preference really.

For wear, rubber is always better than foam, no comparison. Just think about it, and it's common sense. Also better grip, so some things to think about. But also, think about how you wear your shoes. Do you drag your feet? Walk on concrete a lot? I've had my UGGs for over a year, and I can still see/read everything on the bottom sole clearly. It depends on the person and the lifestyle.

Let me know if you have any more questions, want more info, etc. and I'd be happy to find some extra reading materials on the 'net for you.

• 2 months later...
Guest loracnahc

emus are really heavy imo, and the fur is kind of coarse.

bearpaws, erm, i've never worm them, so yeah.

but i have uggs, and they are AWESOME. they are so soft and warm. perfect for the canadian winter! :)

i find uggs are made more nicely, i have worn my uggs for more than a year and the shape of it is still great, but i have seen many emus looking like its going to fall apart soon. Like the rubber sole of the boots were all crooked and the feet would be all shifted to one side. so i dunno. i still prefer uggs for warmth and durability.

The rubber soles being crooked and feet being shifted to one side is not just EMU boots. I have seen many girls walking around like that, and they had UGG boots on. I have no idea how they don't feel their feet like.. not being properly in the boot.. but for sure, it is not just EMU. I've actually seen a LOT of girls with the crooked feet.. seriously, it's a wonder to me how they don't feel it because it's pretty unsightly.

Anyway, I think UGG boots tend to have a lot more fur, and the outside feels a lot softer than EMU ones. Those are the differences I see. I've never looked at Bearpaw ones.

Guest southbeach82

i actually hate how emus look...actually some look identical to uggs while others look like it's really bad quality xD...

buh i would perfer to get uggs over the other ones since i think it looks the nicest outa those three. :D

I don't like fuggs.... >_>

Uggs have the best quality and I don't like it when people wear fakes.. I mean, you might as well go for the real thing cause it's got better quality, the fur won't come out, etc.

And if you're just getting it cause it looks like uggs.. well they're obviously fake cause the uggs have that signature logo on the heel.

I understand that some people can't afford the more expensive price, but idk.. just one of my pet peeves :blush:

• 1 year later...
Guest KNICOLE

I don't even think there is a name brand difference anymore like there used to be. Especially now with all of the celebrity support they have gained. There are tons of celebrities that own Bearpaw shoes, Including: Audrina Patridge, Bristol Palin, Karina Smirnoff, Snooki, Giuliana Rancic (E! News), Denise Richards, Michael Jordan, Austin Anderson (Nickelodeon), Stacey Oristano (Friday Night Lights), Lacey Chabert, Patti Labelle, Annalynne Mccord (90210), Bai Ling, Lindsey Von (2010 Winter Olympic Winner), Haley Pullos (General Hospital), Ginnifer Goodwin (He's Just Not That Into You), Shenae Grimes (90210), Mario Lopez, Mindy Hall (Rock of Love) and too many more to even list. Just to make my point though, it's not like any of those people can't afford Ugg's if they want them. They are actually pretty popular these day's. I have been looking for a pair of the Bearpaw Constance boots in black for weeks now and they are sold out for the season everywhere I have been, sooo I have had to resort to ordering them online (I hate ordering shoes online). I do love Ugg's as well, but they are not BETTER than Bearpaw's in any shape or form.

Check out this link: http://www.bearpawshoes.com/press.shtml

You may change your mind :)   They are awesome shoes!

is there a big difference between bearpaws, emus, and uggs? aside from the price? the thing is i'm going back to china and i don't want to wear expensive uggs around on the dirty streets . but i need something really warm for a harsh beijing winter. but bearpaws and emus aren't exactly cheap ($50+). but bearpaws are cheaper

010456040.jpg

emu

41a8dBZZorL._AA280_.jpg

bearpaw

i'm of course going to get a dark colored one. probably chocolate cause i already have black boots. so what would you recommend? how are the qualities? which one is more worth the price? please help  tears.gif

Guest KNICOLE

So you are saying all of the celebrities that wear them can't afford Ugg's?  They aren't fakes, they have one shoe style that is similar to the plain style black\brown\grey Ugg's.  They have styles that Ugg doesn't.  Also, the fur is not fakea at all.  The only difference is the price and Ugg's are mostly higher due to being imported from

Australia and the name they have earned for themselves.  Bearpaw is also a popular brand of shoes and has a ton of celebrity supporters.  It doesn't even seem like you know what brand of shoes this girl is asking about and are giving some horribly wrong advice.  Sooo with that being said, no, they are not knock offs, they are a popular brand name, they are made with real fur, super durable and cute as hell :)  Try them out.  I love them just as much as I love my Uggs.

I don't like fuggs.... >_>

Uggs have the best quality and I don't like it when people wear fakes.. I mean, you might as well go for the real thing cause it's got better quality, the fur won't come out, etc.

And if you're just getting it cause it looks like uggs.. well they're obviously fake cause the uggs have that signature logo on the heel.

I understand that some people can't afford the more expensive price, but idk.. just one of my pet peeves  blush.gif

I've also been looking for a new pair of sheepskin boots to weather the rainy winter season because I don't want to use my Uggs. I found this website, and the Uggs they sell are really cheap. I don't know if I should trust it though, since I've never heard of it. I have no idea if the Uggs they sell are knockoffs, if the website is a scam, or if the price is even in USD. Seems to good to be true. Has anyone ordered from this website or know anything about it? Please let us know. Thanks!

link: http://www.sepable.com/catalog_287.html

Guest kaydeex

Just buy the cheapest one since like you said, they will get ruined anyways, so it won't really matter in the end. Then for when you're back home and you want a normal pair, then it really depends on YOU. If you like name brands get Uggs, otherwise you can just compare all the "knockoffs" and see which one is warmest for the lowest price.

Guest flyxme.

do emu and bearpaw start to sag after awhile?

cause i've seen girls with really saggy, slanted boots D:

if you want to wear boots at home, get the victoria secret knit ones or mukluks?

you can find knit boots at ross, target, or marshalls...but dont wear uggs/emu/bp at home o-O

Guest kaydeex

do emu and bearpaw start to sag after awhile?

cause i've seen girls with really saggy, slanted boots D:

if you want to wear boots at home, get the victoria secret knit ones or mukluks?

you can find knit boots at ross, target, or marshalls...but dont wear uggs/emu/bp at home o-O

omg that's so annoying.. I don't know why people still even wear their boots like that, they are basically tilting to the side whenever they walk since the bottom of their boots are misplaced. I don't really remember seeing the Ugg label on any of them o.o so maybe it's just the cheaper ones combined with wearing them everyday and everywhere.

what ive noticed is that with uggs, they keep their shape better.

and almost everytime i see someone wearing emus..maybe 80% of them, their boot loses it's shape.

i dont really know how to explain it but the persons foot kinda starts to walk on the upper part after a while, like it becomes part of the sole.

sorry i dont think that makes any sense, but the point is, i think emus lose their shape after a while unless you take really good care of it.

edit: lol i just read the above posts, and yea basically what they said : P

Guest bigbangletsgo

I was about to get the Emu boots but I didn't like the lining inside. It was very thin (so it's not going to be warm, imo) and the outside looked floppy. My friend also owned a pair of Emu boots, and hers their shape so fast (she had hers for a few months).

I decided to get the Bearpaws, which looked much warmer. I also liked the shape and colour and height of the boots. It's been three years, and the shape of my Bearpaws changed quite a lot. The sole of the boots were slanted at one angle, therefore the sole is ripped so water can leak through. But the first year was fine, they were in great condition. It all depends on how you take care of them. During my second year of having the boots, I kept on forgetting to spray the water resistant spray, so that probably contributed to a lot of the wear and tear. However, it's really warm. REEEEAAALLLYY warm. I really like them.

But when I have a job, I'll buy the Ugg ones. But until then, I'm just going to wear my Japanese fur/suede style boots that look like this: Fur-Boots-Fall-2010-038-G2954-600x903.jp (No, I'm not the girl in the picture...)

I hope I helped. :D

Archived