[drama Japan 2009] メイちゃんの執事/mei Chan No Shi*

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah, sounds like the anime Kuro-shi-tsuji!

Looking forward to it ~~~

I would say that this one would be the complete opposite of Kuro-sh-itsuji. To be honest, I really hate the manga Mei-chan no Shi.tsuji but I like Mizushima Hiro enough to at least try out the first couple of episodes for this.

Guest xingjing

ROFL. I watched the first episode. WHY ISN'T HIRO MY BUTLER?!?! That's what I want to know. ROFL.

Oh my gosh. The entire time, I kept my eyes like glued to Hiro. ROFL. He looks so good with his butler get-up. I want to die. Like now. But wow, this cast is huge. Yamada Yuu's in it... and again playing as the not-so-nice person. Oh my. What's interesting, though, is Yamada Yuu's butler is the guy that she got married to in that one drama she did over the summer with Shida Mirai. Forgot the name of it. But also had Hongo Kanata. ROFL.

The story gives off a Host Club-Hana Kimi feel. And there are certain sections of the huge place they're in that reminds me of the HYD house. They probably combined the sets anyway.

BUT HIRO. OH MY GOD. *dies*

Guest lilmariah35

I'm kind of lost. There is so many ranks. :ph34r:

What is the S-rank, and A-rank thing ? What is that bell for ?

And the uniform ...it depends on the mistress rank right ? Like mei-chan is in ombra so rihito has no jacket...and kiba's M is in sole so he wears the penguin outfit ? XD

PS: Kiba is sooooooooooooooo cute. Thanks cholo for the pics ans caps. <3

And the uniform ...it depends on the mistress rank right ? Like mei-chan is in ombra so rihito has no jacket...and kiba's M is in sole so he wears the penguin outfit ? XD

you are welcome lilmariah35. i watched the first ep (no subbed), some familar faces also from HanaKimi were in the cast. I want a butler like Hiro, haha.

will post again some pics when i found one. And cant wait for epi 2.

BTW, anybody knows whose gonna subbed the drama? thanks in advance.

Guest lilmariah35

unleashthegeek is soft subbing it the D.A thread and a tuto to use .richard simmons files

It took me 2 episodes until I finally noticed the twins XD

And mameshiba makes an awful shi.tsuji...and I think he's in love with mei-chan, right ? XDD

OMG Nezu is so sexy and suave. :blush:

PS: Thanks to all the people subbing this drama (timers, typesetters, raw providers, translator and the editors/encoders)

Guest camgackt

HAHA... ok to answer your questions. This is what I THINK. Probably like 99% correct

Butler ranks

S rank - the top

A rank- second best

B rank - third best etc

The bell

every student apparently has one. And they have to collect the "stars"/gems and place it on the bell.

For Mei chan's case(shadow), she has to collect enough green gems to fill the bell before she can be promoted to the Moon level.

For students on the Moon level, they have to collect blue gems to be promoted to the Sun level

The coats

yup you're right!

shadow(ombra) rank - no jackets

moon level - jackets

sun level - penguin coats =P

Love the drama!! XD Though I've no idea who's who

Guest lulugege

I just watched the first episode and I absolutely loved it! There's so much eye candy and there's a lot of unknowns to keep you interested.

Thank you to the subbers for such fast and awesome subs!

Guest Shiget^

^

they have a rule the master and butler are not suppose to fall in love, but in the manga theyre practically inlove like the masters and butlers but theyre not open about it

Guest lilmariah35

HAHA... ok to answer your questions. This is what I THINK. Probably like 99% correct

Love the drama!! XD Though I've no idea who's who

Thanks camgackt for the clarifications XD

If you want to know who's who go to the Dramawiki page

Guest incomplete.

Rihito-samaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry I got a fangirl moment going on there. :P

Dang, just watched ep. 2 (without sub of course), I couldn't really understand it that much, but I kinda got what's going on with Lucia girl, she might be a poster. I'm liking the Aoyama butler guy a lot. Poor Memeshiba indeed lol. Hope the sub will come out soon, next ep. look really interesting.

Guest justanordinarywriter

It's okay so far... but I'm surprised that school doesn't have an abundance of unplanned pregnancies.

ROFL! I can't stop laughing at your comments. That's actually my first thought to after seeing all the handsome butlers and their owners...lolz

I like the first episode, I feel the drama brings the new fresh air and funny at the right moment. The only thing that confused me is that we were being thrown so many characters in this episode (but I'm sure I'll get all their names eventually)

The drama kept me curious and makes me want for more!

P.S: Was it just me or I think Mei-chan's grandfather was so creepy? (oh, and the lucia lady as well...)

Guest Shiget^

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!

I'm addicted to this drama, and i hate being left hanging so i decided to read the manga, here to understand the story better this is what happened in the manga:

SPOILERS

The Manga is different from the drama especially how it started. So things can appear in the drama some things dont appear. Shinonome Mei is actually 13 years old, so is Shibata Kento, but Shibata Rihito is really older, So here's what in the manga:

Lucia/Hongo Shiori (Yamada Yu) - also younger in the manga around same age as Mei. After Shuutaro (Mei's dad) left the Hongo Family, Kintaro adpoted a kid and thats Shiori, she used to be the heir of the Hongo Family, but their grandfather didnt know Shuutaro had a daughter they know it after his death so Kintaro changed the heir to Mei since shes from his real blood. Now shes mad at Mei because, She thinks Mei is in the academy to kill her so she can be the heir and then Rihito used to be her Butler but they changed her butler to shinobu-san now, since Mei appeared.

Shinonome Mei/Hongo Mei - like i said earlier shes suppose to be 13, unlike the drama shes not boyish, shes very bright and polite little girl and she adores Rihito very much. When she was a kid she dreamed of this Bulter saving her and carrying her. she said she hoped to meet her dream butler one day and thats Rihito ^^ She asked Rihito before whats the reason why he became a butler and she said "To serve The Best Mistress" Mei said she will do her best to become the best mistress he ever had, so this is the reason why she attended the school.

Shibata Rihito - Same like in the drama he's polite and everything, his family are all serving the Hongo Family, his mom is the head of the maids of the Hongo family his granfather is the head of the butlers. also understanding his rank "S" they only award the S butlers once every 10 years, so this is the highest rank ever for a butler and its really hard to look for a S Butler. MAJOR SPOILER is before Mei left for Saint Lucia, Kintaro told him he wants Rihito to be Mei's future husband but he has to wait for 5 more years until she becomes a lady, and he wants him to sleep with mei ;__; Rihito doesnt want to do this of course, but he really likes mei <3

Shibata Kento - Kento is also 13. Kento is suppose to be kakkoi and not Loud like in the drama, Kento have this Li Syoran aura in CSS: smart, kakkoii, Ignorant and he really likes mei, he left school just to become a butler and he really studies in the butler school beside Saint Lucia. He doesnt trust his own brother because he overheard him and kintaro talking about him being the future husband and sleeping with mei, but mostly he jealous because he likes mei ^^

also theres a rule in the school: BUTLERS AND MASTERS CANT FALL IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER, but practically in the manga the masters and butlers are in love ^^ but acting like theyre just butlers and masters but they really do care for each other, like their jealous if their butlers look at other girls and stuff ^^

Guest xsilentangel

ROFL. I watched the first episode. WHY ISN'T HIRO MY BUTLER?!?! That's what I want to know. ROFL.

Oh my gosh. The entire time, I kept my eyes like glued to Hiro. ROFL. He looks so good with his butler get-up. I want to die. Like now. But wow, this cast is huge. Yamada Yuu's in it... and again playing as the not-so-nice person. Oh my. What's interesting, though, is Yamada Yuu's butler is the guy that she got married to in that one drama she did over the summer with Shida Mirai. Forgot the name of it. But also had Hongo Kanata. ROFL.

The story gives off a Host Club-Hana Kimi feel. And there are certain sections of the huge place they're in that reminds me of the HYD house. They probably combined the sets anyway.

BUT HIRO. OH MY GOD. *dies*

YEAH that's the guy she was going to marry LOL! Mukai Osamu :).. I didn't recognize him with white hair but then I saw his cute face and his distinct voice!

I love this drama already

HIRO IS SO HOT

I can't wait for more episodes to be translated.

THANKS SUBBERS!

Guest suzic87

I'm currently through the first ep, so far it's ok it's kinda confusing remember everyone but I'm sure after a few more eps it be fine!

Guest Shiget^

BTW, anybody knows whose gonna subbed the drama? thanks in advance.

hardsubs: TimeLesSub and Order of Zeronos

softsubs: unleashthegeek

Archived