[drama Japan 2009] メイちゃんの執事/mei Chan No Shi*

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I just watched ep 3 and now I wonder if there's a point to this drama...

You mean, there actually has to be a point to the drama? ;)

Well, plotwise, you certainly have that entire thing of poor gitl learns she's a rich girl and has to make up her mind if she really wants to remain a rich girl... I kind of liked how in the first episode, she rather leaves than going through that insane school life there... only the threat about her mother's ashes kept her staying...

Also, I wonder if the death of her parents really was an accident. Or maybe, if our dear Lucia&her Shinobi were involved in it, after all... it wouldn't surprise me. And then, there's the explosion of the udon-shop in the first episode... unless that was masterminded by Mei-chan's ever attentive butler... or the grandfather? ;)

Then again, it's entirely possible that the hints at a solid background plot will remain just that... hints. I mean, this wouldn't be the first successful sales commercial for yet another hentai video game. ;)

I guess, it's "wait and see". ;)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter how illogical this drama is. It didn't annoy me at all. I think i've learn the trick on how to watch a drama without thinking anything HAHA.

I'm only up to two episodes. First episode is amusing but i really enjoy episode 2. I admit that i watch it because of Hiro.But somehow... just somehow, i focus on Mei's expression more than Hiro.. She is really cute.Her voice too :wub::wub:

i agree on the point of not thinking too much when watching a drama. It's plot is indeed over the top but that's one main factor that kept us addicted to the show isn't it? :)

an_nhien: I'm also hoping that Mei & that younger bro would just stay as besties!

I'M SO EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK'S!!!!!!!!!

You mean, there actually has to be a point to the drama? ;)

Well, plotwise, you certainly have that entire thing of poor gitl learns she's a rich girl and has to make up her mind if she really wants to remain a rich girl... I kind of liked how in the first episode, she rather leaves than going through that insane school life there... only the threat about her mother's ashes kept her staying...

Also, I wonder if the death of her parents really was an accident. Or maybe, if our dear Lucia&her Shinobi were involved in it, after all... it wouldn't surprise me. And then, there's the explosion of the udon-shop in the first episode... unless that was masterminded by Mei-chan's ever attentive butler... or the grandfather? ;)

Then again, it's entirely possible that the hints at a solid background plot will remain just that... hints. I mean, this wouldn't be the first successful sales commercial for yet another hentai video game. ;)

I guess, it's "wait and see". ;)

I don't know... but episode 3 just seemed like complete nonsense to me... because I enjoyed the first two episodes but half way through episode 3, I shook my head and asked myself wtf I was watching. Did the plot even move forward? Now there's another duel that I guess they will explain next week (i.e, the reason she decided to fight)but something didn't feel to right to me while watching this past ep.

But then again, I thought Hana Kimi was complete nonsense too so maybe it's just not my kind of thing :D

I don't know... but episode 3 just seemed like complete nonsense to me... because I enjoyed the first two episodes but half way through episode 3, I shook my head and asked myself wtf I was watching. Did the plot even move forward? Now there's another duel that I guess they will explain next week (i.e, the reason she decided to fight)but something didn't feel to right to me while watching this past ep.

But then again, I thought Hana Kimi was complete nonsense too so maybe it's just not my kind of thing :D

Yeah, it seems so, episode 3 looks more like a filler to me :vicx: . Kiba is more more and more looking like a rabbit to me(of course, a cute rabbit at that:D ). Hana kimi? I've watched both versions. I think i watched half of the drama( fast forwarded :P )Taiwan version and for J version. i ended up doing the same thing but the reason for why Mizuki helping the main guy is more concrete to me.

Although, i said the episode is more like a filler but still, it is good enough for me to continue watching.I'm anxious,curious and furious. The explaination for why Rihito want to serve Mei and Mei to continue staying in the school better be good AND what the heck that White-Headed Shinobu is trying to do to Mei's virgin lips (I assume...hehe)?

I'm still waiting for subs for episode 3 (my Japanese is really very very poor :sweatingbullets: ), but I guess that the purpose of the excercise is to etrablish how powerful Lucia really is, and to create a rift between Mei & Rihito, while giving Kento a couple of extra points to add a bit fuel to the rivalry between him and Rihito...

Also, Mei seems to have come to an important insight in episode 3... I mean, she did want to evade the duel at first, didn't she? Then what got her fighting?

I think they drew very nicely how Mei's full of doubts and feeling uncomfortable... it's not that easy suddenly being "responsible" for someone... and having someone as a butler also gives you responsibility towards him as your employee!

I really liked the lead actress' acting; she's very strong and as a good screen presence.

Mei seems to have come to an important insight in episode 3...

=========

After i saw Ep 3, i still don't know what scene she saw.

So i am confussed by her change~~

Mei seems to have come to an important insight in episode 3...

=========

After i saw Ep 3, i still don't know what scene she saw.

So i am confussed by her change~~

She's at the lake and remembers various things she's seen and that people said. Then she suddenly gets that "lightbulb's on" expression and hurries to the duel...

As I said, my Japanese is basically non-existent, but it seems to be something about the girl she's dueling? Or maybe it's about the butlers? I'm really looking forward to the translation. :)

Guest susamirain

Yeah I agree with most on the point that this 3rd episode seems a bit silly or feels like it was just a filler. But I definitely want to wait around and find out what's up with Mei-chan's butler? Why is he so adamant about serving Mei-chan?

So far it's been really fun watching the show. I just wish I could help out subbing. I'm still learning Japanese so I only have the basics.

ah... episode three really didn't have a point to it!

I'm kind of disappointed. Hiro was just running around the whole time, or else that's what I thought.

UGH... I hate how this is dragging out. = (

the ratings are dropping. Hopefully next week it'll pick up.

the storyline is moving kind of slow...

anyway, there's SKINSHIP between Mei-chan and her butler! AHHHH~

he touched her arm! :w00t: Roughly too. :w00t: heehee

Guest JetGirl

ah. Its not a great drama, i'll admit, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Lucia-sama needs some therapy though....

The main girl is from PRODAI rigght?

Actually my fave butler couple is izumi and kiba. Cuz she's an amazing actress [she was hibari in HANAKIMI] and Kiba's just too dumb and cute. <3

edit: Im liking OSCAR* with manly fuzz [oscar in hana kimi]

Guest justanordinarywriter

ah. Its not a great drama, i'll admit, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Lucia-sama needs some therapy though....

The main girl is from PRODAI rigght?

Actually my fave butler couple is izumi and kiba. Cuz she's an amazing actress [she was hibari in HANAKIMI] and Kiba's just too dumb and cute. <3

edit: Im liking OSCAR* with manly fuzz [oscar in hana kimi]

I know I've seen Izumi somewhere! lolz. Wow, she's quite an actress.. he role is totally different in those two doramas... So far I enjoy this series, though I have to agree with some of you here. Episode 3 is just.... boring. My fave part is when Rihito-sama grabs Meichan and tell her he has a reason. That's just so cute! (Wonder what his 'reason' is)

Looking forward for the duel in episode 4!

Guest strawberrynkiwi

Episode 4 was awesome! Although the first part was kinda boring, but the second part totally made up for it.

I think every episode from now on will have a side story, but also an element that will bring mei and rihito closer.

my favorite parts in ep4:

shinobi tries to kiss mei and she steps on him haha..

mei getting all giddy being around rihito, which i have no idea why she didn't in the beginning. :P

Preview for episode 5 made me squeal like a fan-girl, which i have grown out of for a long time

rihito hugs mei... ultra jealous of nana

^ good choice... hehe

Why did i highlight the spoiler. i regret it T__T

actually i want to make GIF but the program won't cooperate hehe. So, to prevent my post being regarded as spam ( lack of vocabulary T__T). The girl who talked to White-Headed Shinobu

hair.jpg

The hair! I'm only guessing but is the girl, Tami? she is the only girl besides Mei with short hair

Guest hopesofgreen

^ good choice... hehe

Why did i highlight the spoiler. i regret it T__T

actually i want to make GIF but the program won't cooperate hehe. So, to prevent my post being regarded as spam ( lack of vocabulary T__T). The girl who talked to White-Headed Shinobu

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110/they0me/hair.jpg

The hair! I'm only guessing but is the girl, Tami? she is the only girl besides Mei with short hair

Omigosh, I haven't thought of that! It would definitely be quite a twist if it is Tami.

This is such a cute series. I'm quite surprised the thread isn't longer. I guess the actors aren't as high profile.

Hiro is <3!

Guest shufflez

ahaha .. and lucia-sama will be in the same classroom. uurgg! dont like her

xDDD

I LOVE HER!!

that evil little handicapped demon <3

Archived