Kimi Wa Petto

13infamyss

You are my Pet/Tramps like usimage

Summary:
Sumire Iwaya, a woman in her late 20's, whom you can you call as the "ideal" woman. She has the looks and brain. She is the perfect woman any man could ever marry. However she still feels lonely inside and thinks that having those perfect qualities can also be her disadvantages. She doesn't get along with everyone around her plus her boyfriend cheated on her and saying that she's too perfect to be with. That's why Sumire decided to set her eyes in guys who only have the 3 top qualities: taller than her, smarter than her, wealthier than her.

One day on the way home, Sumire accidentally finds an unconscious young man lying in a box out the front of her home and takes him in. This young man reminded her of her dog from her childhood named Momo.

Sumire's viewpoint in life gradually changes when she decided to let this young man to live with her as her 'pet'.

Reaction:

Well, this manga is already liscened. The art is not really my thing that's why it was never my intention to get a copy of it. But then when I watched the Japanese Drama adaptation LIKE OMG!! IT'S SOOO GOOOD!. so i decided to purchase the whole 14 volume.
The drama was really good but then the manga was waaaaay better for it had a better ending. image

Has anyone read this?
Volumes: 14 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=596Published by: Tokyopop*This series has also live action drama and movie released
85430.jpg

410258.jpg

Guest retarded_sponge

I've only read the manga but I love it. It's nice to read something more mature with all these cute *~sparkly-eyed~* shoujo manga nowadays. But I've only read up to vol 7 :(

ooo i love the manga. the drama was.. eh.

^^ yeah i only read up to v.7 from mangafox. i so want to read the rest, but the bookstore doesn't have it. =(

ahhh~ I swear its worth all the reading.

14 volumes sound long enough for this manga but it's not. I enjoyed every single of it.

Last 3 volumes were very touching. I'm soooo sad that I can't talk about it since you guys will bombared with "dont freagiiiiin` spoil it *angry*" comments. LOL. but its really good. I dont have that much time in my hand right now to do some scanning to where the online reading was left off but if I did, I`d definitely will share it with you guys... Because it's just sooo good. LOL.

and I recommend you guys read the whole manga than skipping to the last page. Cuz it would totally ruin the mood once you find out the ending without reading the previous volumes :)

okaay, im becoming annoying now, so i`ll stop.

• 1 month later...

The japanese drama with jin matsumoto was different from the manga o.o'' did anyone watch it?

its pretty much the same. they did some changes to the drama but they mostly sticked to the story. matsujun's potrayal of momo was the reason why i fell in love with this manga ^^

• 10 months later...
Guest garnet07

According to Dramabeans, it seems there's going to be a Korean movie for this >> http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/kim-hyun...-kimi-wa-petto/

But my reaction is EEEECCCCKKK because they're casting Kim Hyun joong (aka the stiff actor who played Ji Hoo in BOF). What do you all think of this? I think no one can top Matsumoto Jun's portrayal of Momo and now they're casting someone who CANNOT act.

Guest Autumn1430263885

^YOU SHOULD SCAN THE REST OF THE MANGAS!! well if you have the time and such :P i hate waiting months for the next chapter to come out. -__-

they have the whole thing on manga fox~

According to Dramabeans, it seems there's going to be a Korean movie for this >> http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/kim-hyun...-kimi-wa-petto/

But my reaction is EEEECCCCKKK because they're casting Kim Hyun joong (aka the stiff actor who played Ji Hoo in BOF). What do you all think of this? I think no one can top Matsumoto Jun's portrayal of Momo and now they're casting someone who CANNOT act.

WTH...for real?????? wtf........LOL that's all i can say. are you serious..i mean out of all the good actors you could choose...

anyways i looved this manga! i love josei mangas, cause they're not like those typical shojo mangas :P

the drama was just eh for me. i watched the drama first before reading the manga too.

Guest goldenGAZE

i love the manga more than the drama

Same, the artwork is really pretty and simple. Its really hard to find online though (i suppose thats because it's licensed). This was one of the first manga series i bought since i loved it that much (i never thought i'd ever buy a manga lol).

• 3 months later...

Okay guys!! Jang Geun Suk will take Kimi Wa Petto Korean Version MOVIE!!! He`ll be Momo. OMG!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/03/jang-geu...n-youre-my-pet/

^He once mentioned that he wanted to play a role of a guy who falls in love with an older woman. I guess it was a hint*hint of the project he`ll take up. Anyone else excited as I am? :D

Archived