Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest instantnoodlez

i want a DS too. will be getting it next year.

could you guys recommend games?

or maybe refer me to a site where i can read game reviews and stuff.

sorry i'm a noob at games stuff. ^^;;

btw i read that you could use GBA games to play on the DS too? not too sure

The best place to get game reviews that's not biased *cough*ign*cough*gamespot* is metacritic.com. I think they're more reliable because they don't put up reviews for a game unless they get more than 25 or something from a lot of different game review sources so it isn't all biased.

I'd recommend (mind you, these are the games I've played) Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, and Advanced Wars. I would recommend looking into games with ratings 70-100 (haha obviously) and not waste your time with games with rankings lower than that unless there's a title you absolutely love that got bad reviews.

Yes, you can play GBA games on the DS. It's pretty awesome because I don't own a GBA/sp...yet..lol. Today's Christmas and I wonder what that small box in the shape of a GBA sp has nestled inside??!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Take Five

does only best buy have games bundled with the ds? and what game(s)? actually i think i saw a bundle at costco before but i don't remember what game it was.

Guest Kazen88

O_o All the major retail stores (Target, Walmart, Toys R Us...) should have DS bundles with games. The main DS bundles are Super Mario (N64 version) w/ silver/blue DS, Mario Kart w/ red DS and Nintendogs w/ turquiose/pink DS. If you go to smaller game stores, you might find other bundles. Like I know EB Games offers a Pacman bundle.

Guest Take Five

holy CRAP i went through 8 stores before i could find a mario kart bundle. jesus christ, i was so pissed off. but it was worth it in the end. now i just gotta fix my wireless router.

Guest instantnoodlez

I'll give you my friend code! Most of the time I just race with my friends but they're like uber good so my record is shot and I have no chance of recovery, lol.

158975558465 <------me!!!

I'm known as Chinpoko on the racetrack. (Yes, it's from South Park...Chinpokomon, except I couldn't fit 'mon' in my name)

Guest instantnoodlez

man I need wireless cable or get the WiFi usb connector to play online.

I got mario kart ds yesterday and I love it.

i would recommend you get a router. that way you can connect any subsequent computers you have to the internet and play WiFi anywhere in your house. good for bathroom entertainment, lol!

Guest instantnoodlez

the one i got, that's super easy to install is a Netgear WGR614 wireless router. i think it'll be good for any modem. besides, if you buy it from CompUSA, you'll get 30$ rebate offers, so it'll only cost you 20$.

Guest Take Five

^hey, i have that same router. i'm pretty sure something went wrong with the internet though cuz i started using my old regular linksys router. and i remember my dad couldn't use wireless after awhile...weird.

man I need wireless cable or get the WiFi usb connector to play online.

I got mario kart ds yesterday and I love it.

for the time being since you dont have a wireless router, you can play at wi-fi hot spots such as starbucks or mcdonalds...

Guest Take Five

question about mario kart...you know that battle mode where you blow up the balloons? i kept blowing into the mic but my balloon doesn't inflate but when my sister put her mouth on my ds(yeah really weird, i know) and blew, it inflated really fast. am i supposed to be doing that? cuz that's kinda gross lol.

Guest Nightmare

^Go to Nintendo WFC > Friend Code > Confirm Friend Code....and that should be your code.

My code is 442442722429. My name is Hefty ぞ, と.

You know, I never realized that you can do that in the ballon battle.... I tried it, but fail to blow one up...

^Go to Nintendo WFC > Friend Code > Confirm Friend Code....and that should be your code.

My code is 442442722429. My name is Hefty ぞ, と.

You know, I never realized that you can do that in the ballon battle.... I tried it, but fail to blow one up...

also, to get your friend code, you have to be able to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi first...

Guest dearpaperheart.

Mario Kart DS is really fun! :D

Agreed. My brother recently got it and Mario Kart came with it. I couldn't stop putting it down until I couldn't feel my numb haha. x]. I still wanna learn how you can download games onto DS.

Archived