Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest msmilkt

@XenobioZ: oooers!!! I would LOVE to get my hands on a Tepig and Zoura, but i just started the game and don`t have much to offer really tho T_T

And for the record, i also chose Snivy as my starter, he just looked so badass hahaha!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilaznanime

^ i was planning on playin that in the summer when i have time.

currently playing super princess peach and pokemon black. school prevents me from playing much DX

Guest kimseo21

i've been playing Pokemon White. i just got to the part after you beat the elite four and... yeah. no spoilers. : P but i would love to trade with people who have Black to fill the pokedex =D

and i started with oshawott. it's so cute hnnnng.

Guest timeforforever

i've been playing Pokemon White. i just got to the part after you beat the elite four and... yeah. no spoilers. : P but i would love to trade with people who have Black to fill the pokedex =D

and i started with oshawott. it's so cute hnnnng.

^ whoops. posted that on my friend's account haha

@lilaznanime

You should!!  I really recommend it! (:

@ncncncx

How is it? O:  I read online that it hurts your eyes after playing it for an hour or so.  I went to SF yesterday and there were some people standing outside advertising it so I got to play it for a bit.  It's pretty cool.  It reminds me of those hologram cards =D

Guest o0hsleepy

I've been using the 3ds for pokemon also but the pre-installed titles are fun like the ar cards and face raiders.

@XenobioZ: oooers!!! I would LOVE to get my hands on a Tepig and Zoura, but i just started the game and don`t have much to offer really tho T_T

And for the record, i also chose Snivy as my starter, he just looked so badass hahaha!!

you don't have to offer anything l0l trade any randoms... only pokemon I'm missing is Arceus, Jirachi, and Shaymin (combining Diamond/SoulSilver/Black) and whoever is after Kyurem in the Pokedex... my fc is 2365 5000 1003 !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NO NAME?

I don't play Pokemon Black much anymore :lol:

But when I feel like it, I sometimes join the Random Wi-Fi battles.

--------------------

I'm quite excited for the DSiWare release of Inchworm.

s4tbog.jpg

Release date: April 25, 2011

Nintendo Points: 500

Inchworm Animation™ is the new handheld animation system from Flat Black Films. Designed exclusively for the Nintendo DSi™ system, it offers unprecedented animation power at your fingertips.

Five years in development, little Inchworm is finally crossing the finish line!

Click here or ‘Gallery’ above to see some Inchworm Animation™ movies in action.

features

- create multi-layer flipbook animations

-variable-thickness antialiased brushes

- use the camera for stop-motion & time lapse

- rotoscope by tracing on top of camera footage

-different layers can have different frame lengths

-circles, rectangles and polygons (w/ border)

-translucent color and pattern fill

-custom palette storage

-pattern editor

-individual animation frame timing

-onionskin

-6 levels of zoom

- export to SD card (SWF, BMP sequence)

-work on images up to 9999 x 9999 pixels

-cut/paste to clipboard

-rescale clipboard images

-flip and 90-degree rotate

-undo

http://www.inchwormanimation.com/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NO NAME?

^ OMG.. that looks AMAZING!!!! (and mad fun) how much will it cost?

It's pretty fun! It's $5.00 (500 Nintendo Points). Worth every penny.

5705560514_c6770a4f63_z.jpg

+2

5692089045_35b20c19c7_o.gif

30vngug.jpg

--------------------

This is quite old, but I just found out about it today.

Toys"R"Us to hand out 'secret' eggs for Pokemon B/W

bevv2v.jpg

Admit it -- you know who those Pokemon are.

Toys"R"Us will be hosting The Secret Egg distribution for Pokemon Black and White from Wednesday, April 27 through Tuesday, May 31 at stores nationwide. The press release says we need to be like Ash, and nurture our egg. By that I can only assume they mean bike riding, followed by more bike riding.

Hopefully, the hand-outs will have something to differentiate them, as is usually the case for limited-time distributions such as this. Otherwise, they're all fairly easy to obtain, so what's the big deal?

http://www.destructoid.com/toys-r-us-to-hand-out-secret-eggs-for-pokemon-b-w-198866.phtml

Do want Axew with maximum IVs.

Guest NO NAME?
I purchased the points on the Nintendo DSi Shop via Wi-Fi. Another option is to buy a Nintendo Points Card at retail stores. It's a shame that Nintendo Points don't transfer between Wii and DSi.

Guest ix3katz

can someone with a 3ds do a review of it?

i've been watching G4 tv and they make it sound like the 3ds is not worth the money ...esp with the limited # of games out for it right now

i DID really want the 3ds until i saw the reviews on tv...so now i want to hear from u guys .. :D

mental note to self: play super princess peach, 999, prof layton game #3, ghost trick

Guest Take Five

just wanted to say that ghost trick is by far one of the best ds games i've played...maybe even one of the best games i've played overall. it's done by the guy who did the ace attorney series but it's even better than that series. the gameplay, plot, and animation are awesome. i highly recommend it.

moving on to Last Window now.

Guest ncncncx

can someone with a 3ds do a review of it?

i've been watching G4 tv and they make it sound like the 3ds is not worth the money ...esp with the limited # of games out for it right now

i DID really want the 3ds until i saw the reviews on tv...so now i want to hear from u guys .. :D

mental note to self: play super princess peach, 999, prof layton game #3, ghost trick

Until new games come out, you can't really gauge the capacity the 3DS can do. So far, the only game I've got is PES 2011 and though it's good, I barely use the 3D aspect and the direction pad is a bit too sturdy. The joystick on the other hand is too quick and need to be sturdy :'D Maybe you can decide once the Zelda game comes out.

• 2 months later...
Guest NO NAME?

3DS price cut to $169, NES/GBA VC games for early adopters, & more prayers answered

Four months after the 3DS’s launch, the system has sold only 830,000 units, Nintendo posted its first ever quarterly operating loss and cut its full-year profit forecast, and there’s a feeling of dissatisfaction amongst the general public around the DS successor. With PS Vita on the way, it’s time for a competitive 3DS price.

Starting August 12, the 3DS will sell for $169 in the U.S., 32%/$80 less than its launch price. Other markdowns:

• EU/UK - Unspecified price drop from €249/£229
  • Australia - From $349 AUD to $249 AUD
  • Japan - From ¥25,000 to ¥15,000

Those of you who bought a 3DS need not feel totally screwed, as Nintendo is rolling out early adopter benefits — 20 free NES/GBA games on the 3DS Virtual Console. This is the first time I’ve heard NES/GBA titles formally announced for the eShop!

With the NES games, Nintendo will begin releasing early versions (possibly with limited features or simple ROM dumps?) starting September 1st to early adopters for free. Later in the year, it will sell updated, paid versions, which will also be free to early “Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors”.

The 10 NES games include the following:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Ice Climber
  • The Legend of Zelda

And five others

Here are the 10 Game Boy Advance titles, which will be “be available exclusively to Ambassadors” before the end of the year (Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 GBA games available to the general public):

• Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Metroid Fusion
  • WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong

And five others

As for retail titles, Nintendo announced launch months and new names for its Super Mario and Mario Kart 3DS games: Super Mario 3D Land (November) and Mario Kart 7 (December). Kid Icarus: Uprising hits this holiday season.

Now all we need are more third-party games! And a longer battery life, but there are accessories for that…

http://tinycartridge.com/post/8168767628/3ds-price-cut-to-169-nes-gba-vc-games-for-early

Worldwide 3DS price drop update

July 28th, 2011 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay

Obviously North America isn’t the only region receiving a 3DS price drop next month. Japan, Europe, and Australia will also be seeing reductions.

Here’s a listing of the new price for each territory…

North America (already reported) – $169.99 – Price drop on August 12

Japan – 15,000 yen – Price drop on August 11

Europe – ~£130/169 EUR – Price drop on August 12

Australia – 250 AUD – Price drop on August 12

Source

http://nintendoeverything.com/70603/

Guest hungrycollegeboy

^ Yeah I heard about that price drop just today as well.

Truthfully I would've bought it at launch for full price, but I had already bought an iphone4, and my wallet was crying.

$169... not bad at all. The 3DS has a promising line-up, but it's taking such a long time for those games to hit store shelves.

Archived