Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest NO NAME?

3DS price cut to $169, NES/GBA VC games for early adopters, & more prayers answered

Four months after the 3DS’s launch, the system has sold only 830,000 units, Nintendo posted its first ever quarterly operating loss and cut its full-year profit forecast, and there’s a feeling of dissatisfaction amongst the general public around the DS successor. With PS Vita on the way, it’s time for a competitive 3DS price.

Starting August 12, the 3DS will sell for $169 in the U.S., 32%/$80 less than its launch price. Other markdowns:

• EU/UK - Unspecified price drop from €249/£229
  • Australia - From $349 AUD to $249 AUD
  • Japan - From ¥25,000 to ¥15,000

Those of you who bought a 3DS need not feel totally screwed, as Nintendo is rolling out early adopter benefits — 20 free NES/GBA games on the 3DS Virtual Console. This is the first time I’ve heard NES/GBA titles formally announced for the eShop!

With the NES games, Nintendo will begin releasing early versions (possibly with limited features or simple ROM dumps?) starting September 1st to early adopters for free. Later in the year, it will sell updated, paid versions, which will also be free to early “Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors”.

The 10 NES games include the following:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Ice Climber
  • The Legend of Zelda

And five others

Here are the 10 Game Boy Advance titles, which will be “be available exclusively to Ambassadors” before the end of the year (Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 GBA games available to the general public):

• Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Metroid Fusion
  • WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong

And five others

As for retail titles, Nintendo announced launch months and new names for its Super Mario and Mario Kart 3DS games: Super Mario 3D Land (November) and Mario Kart 7 (December). Kid Icarus: Uprising hits this holiday season.

Now all we need are more third-party games! And a longer battery life, but there are accessories for that…

http://tinycartridge.com/post/8168767628/3ds-price-cut-to-169-nes-gba-vc-games-for-early

Worldwide 3DS price drop update

July 28th, 2011 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay

Obviously North America isn’t the only region receiving a 3DS price drop next month. Japan, Europe, and Australia will also be seeing reductions.

Here’s a listing of the new price for each territory…

North America (already reported) – $169.99 – Price drop on August 12

Japan – 15,000 yen – Price drop on August 11

Europe – ~£130/169 EUR – Price drop on August 12

Australia – 250 AUD – Price drop on August 12

Source

http://nintendoeverything.com/70603/
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hungrycollegeboy

^ Yeah I heard about that price drop just today as well.

Truthfully I would've bought it at launch for full price, but I had already bought an iphone4, and my wallet was crying.

$169... not bad at all. The 3DS has a promising line-up, but it's taking such a long time for those games to hit store shelves.

Guest monkeyshinobi

^Definitely play 999! It's so interesting~

I can't believe nintendo is price dropping the 3ds so quickly already. So fast! I only bought my 3ds for $100 (my brother paid the rest) so I'm not at a loss or anything though. Can't wait for the free downloads! Hoping LoZ Minish Cap is on the GBA downloads list!

The 3ds is pretty cool. One thing that bugs me though...in the other DS models..the stylus is on the side of the console...in the 3ds it's at the freaking top next to the game slot =____= it's so annoying.

Guest Lovless

I have a 3DS and i'm gonna type the few 3DS games i have right now :0

These are the order i got them in :)

-Chronicles Samurai Warriors (10 out of 10!!)

- Nintendogs+Cats/French bulldog (8 out 0f 10)

-The Legend of Zelda/Ocarna of Time (7 out of 10)

-Combat of Giants Dinosaurs (3 out of 10 -_-'')

-BlazBlue Continuum Shift (9 out of 10) < hard to controll but AWESOME.

Tjose are all i have so far :) My FC is :0817-3909-1880

Pls add me i'l add you :P:wub:

Guest GrandTale

Pokemon games in DS are cool, especially HeartGold and SoulSilver.. I also enjoy playing the Black and White version, unfortunately *no offense though* I don't really like the pokemon designs.

Harvest Moon DS Cute and Mario Kart and Nintendogs, really fun :P

• 7 months later...
Guest msmilkt

Going to dust off my DS Lite and let the nostalgia kick in.

Does anyone know any trustworthy sites where I can buy Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver for cheap that ships to Australia?

Archived