Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no official ranking so far...

after 4 races, your win/loss score is determined by the rank you place... you get a win for every person you place above and a loss for every person you place below...

win/loss ratio based on 4 racers

1st = 3 wins

2nd = 2 wins 1 loss

3rd = 1 win 2 losses

4th = 3 losses

if you disconnect from wi-fi in the middle of a race, you are automatically given 3 losses...

Guest 1SwtDeception

no official ranking so far...

after 4 races, your win/loss score is determined by the rank you place... you get a win for every person you place above and a loss for every person you place below...

win/loss ratio based on 4 racers

1st = 3 wins

2nd = 2 wins 1 loss

3rd = 1 win 2 losses

4th = 3 losses

if you disconnect from wi-fi in the middle of a race, you are automatically given 3 losses...

Wow I never seem to notice that.. (the ratio and loss) no wonder people's losses are high. I still need to work on power sliding and snaking -_- + all the other karts. I gotta get my OWN DS though. But that game is awesome and man Animal Crossing came out today too.. ahh two wi-fi games (ignoring Tony Hawk) harsh on the time play. :P

Guest Susieque7242

i love my pink DS!! I stupidly also bought the nintendogs which im thinking about selling it soon because it's pissing me off! I have trauma center but i cant seem to get past a certain level...it's getting really hard but i'm not giving up and i have zookeeper which is like bejeweled and it got kind of boring but it's fun at times...i really wanted mario kart though =T

Guest instantnoodlez

Im planning on buying the bundle pack with MarioKart but I heard they are redesigning the DS like GBA SP. Can anyone confirm?

I haven't heard anything about that, but I hope not because I just bought the Mario Kart bundle over the weekend and I"m loving it. Of course, I don't have wireless internet at my house so I still need to buy a router so I can play online at home. It'd be wierd if I just went to McDonalds to play online, but my college is a wireless hotspot so I'm able to play against other people online there.

I also bought Nintendogs and even though it's fun, it gets boring real quick. There is only so much stuff you can do. I was going to get Animal Crossing but they were sold out! And here I thought only silly asian kids played Animal Crossing, lol (kidding).

Really good coupon for Best Buy:

http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/3677/coupons1sm9xv.gif

Guest Kazen88

^ XD I got Animal Crossing. If you've played the GC version of Animal Crossing, the new one is a bit of a letdown. Not much has changed in the gameplay. It's a great game if you haven't played the GC one though. The online option for the game in my opinion is a bit ackward. The wifi setup up can be confusing. I enjoy playing the game (it's eating up all my free time and not-so-free time).

Guest instantnoodlez

Does anyone's DS have dead pixels? Mine has like 4, 2 groups of 2. One group is far off to the side so I can't really notice it but the second group of 2 is noticibly on the left side. I was wondering if I should exchange it for a different DS.

I bought the Mario Kart bundle so if I exchanged it, do you think they'd let me keep the game (because all my high scores and stuff are on there) and give back the new game? Also, how would I know the new DS wouldn't have dead pixels as well? I don't suppose they'd let me keep returning the DS bundle until I got one without dead pixels, do you? Anyways, I'm going back to Best Buy tomorrow to see if they'll let me exchange.

Guest Kazen88

Does anyone's DS have dead pixels? Mine has like 4, 2 groups of 2. One group is far off to the side so I can't really notice it but the second group of 2 is noticibly on the left side. I was wondering if I should exchange it for a different DS.

I bought the Mario Kart bundle so if I exchanged it, do you think they'd let me keep the game (because all my high scores and stuff are on there) and give back the new game? Also, how would I know the new DS wouldn't have dead pixels as well? I don't suppose they'd let me keep returning the DS bundle until I got one without dead pixels, do you? Anyways, I'm going back to Best Buy tomorrow to see if they'll let me exchange.

Well, when did you buy your Mario Kart bundle? All games/game systems have a manufacturer's guarantee to be free from workmanship defects. If Best Buy doesn't let you exchange ('cause you didn't buy their dumb warranty)... try emailing Nintendo to see if they'd replace it for you. The dead pixels should be covered under Nintendo's warranty.

=/ Mine has one dead pixel and it's bugging me.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

"With a small number of Nintendo DS screens, one or two dots on the screen may appear to be "stuck" on a particular color, such as white or red. This effect is caused when a particular pixel (the dots that make up the screen) is not working properly, even with the high quality standards set by LCD manufacturers. You will find this situation is common in many LCD devices, (PC monitors, televisions, cell phones, etc.).

It's important to understand that this issue will remain limited to the pixels you have already noticed. The problem will not get any worse and you should not expect to see the problem in any other areas of the screen.

We suggest that you use your system for a few weeks to determine whether this interferes with your enjoyment of game play. If, after using your system for awhile, you feel that this tiny dot is too distracting, the Nintendo DS does carry a one-year warranty. We are happy to inspect and, if necessary, fix your system at no charge within the warranty period."

If you encounter this problem with your Nintendo DS system, head to the company's Customer Support section of its website: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/.

Guest instantnoodlez

I went back to Best Buy and I got a different one. The cool thing is, I asked the customer service lady if I could exchange the games (in order to keep the old Mario Kart because it has my record and best times, etc) and she let me keep both games. She said they only needed the unit back so I could keep the games. Awesome! I think I'm going to sell the second game so I can buy another game with the money, lol.

Guest dopemills

i want a DS too. will be getting it next year.

could you guys recommend games?

or maybe refer me to a site where i can read game reviews and stuff.

sorry i'm a noob at games stuff. ^^;;

btw i read that you could use GBA games to play on the DS too? not too sure

Archived