Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

i think i have the real one from the looks of the r4ds shells. I brought mine around 2007.

But the question is, how do you know it is actually real or not by examining the chip inside?

Cuz replacing the r4ds shell is easy. I replaced by black r4ds shell with a white r4ds shell very easily using the $2.99 shell replacement kit.

Look at this link:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=935...p;#entry1250206

I have a question about this product on gameyeeeeah.

When you can select to add "microSD storage," what exactly is that? I have a microSD 2gb lil thing for my samsung phone to store media files -- is that the same thing? Do I need to buy the extra storage?

What's the storage size on that specific r4?

Yep, it's the same thing. I didn't want to shell out extra money for my SD, so I'm just using the Kingston MicroSD card I got with my cellphone since I never use it. In order for the R4 to work, you need an SD card, so you won't be able to play any games without it because you need somewhere to store the games. 2 gigs is pretty adequate.

(Ah, sorry for turning this into an R4 thread :S) Maybe we should have a separate thread for R4/DSTT/CycloDS etc...)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine doesnt look like anything like the pic there.

the shell looks real but the chips makes me wonder

i got mines from echostore.com so if its fake then that store is selling fake!!!

heres my pic

dx1f6x.jpg

xn54de.jpg

2saflvn.jpg

I got mine a long time ago, 1-2 yrs ago

Guest x kisekiboshi

i feel so stupid

i didn't eevn know r4 existed ;___;

question

so after i buy the r4 card, i need to buy a memory card for it right?

and what do you mean by 'real' and 'fake';;like how do u guys tell??

kthx :D

Yep, you need to buy a memory card. If you're gonna buy an R4 I think you can either buy a 1 gig or a 2 gig microSD card.

There are some R4s that are fake. If you update the firmware in September and find that your R4 no longer works, then you can tell it's a fake. But &rea has posted some links on this page and the previous page that tells if an R4 is fake or not.

Guest MEIYEE

So if your R4 DOES happen to be fake & you update it, the rumor is is that it will brick your DS? D:

Or will your R4 just stop working?

Gah the R4 website doesn't even work anymore..

(Unless it moved or something)

Guest <3 Kim
So if your R4 DOES happen to be fake & you update it, the rumor is is that it will brick your DS? D:

Or will your R4 just stop working?

Gah the R4 website doesn't even work anymore..

(Unless it moved or something)

Your whole DS will stop working :(

I'm 90% sure mine is real but now I'm too scared to even update it O_O

I can't really tell for sure if its real or fake, if I post pics will people here be able to tell me? xD

I don't know if you guys know about this site, I figure I should just share :rolleyes:

*CLICK*

It's a site for NDSL themes. They have a variety and wide selection of skins for flashcarts, they even have skins for Moonshell. There are plenty skins for famous carts like R4, CycloDS and DSTT.

As for EDGE, you can just download CycloDS' skins; as all CycloDS skins work with EDGE. They are of the same kind, therefore function similarly if I'm not mistaken.

:D

mine doesnt look like anything like the pic there.

the shell looks real but the chips makes me wonder

i got mines from echostore.com so if its fake then that store is selling fake!!!

heres my pic

http://i36.-/dx1f6x.jpg

http://i33.-/xn54de.jpg

http://i36.-/2saflvn.jpg

I got mine a long time ago, 1-2 yrs ago

Yours looks like Version 1 R4, should be fine :D

Can anyone recommend me an RPG with a good storyline, with good controls, cool characters?

Like: The world ends with you, Lunar knights

FFIV: characters good, but the game play (and the waiting) annoyed me so much that it drove me to play Pokemon

Ninja Gaiden - Dragon Sword (i'm playing this now): I love the drawings, the gameplay.. but the plot (I'm just starting it) seems a bit lacking.

Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings - i just started this yesterday as well. seems alright. i haven't really gone into it too deep. I like the controls better than FFIV. (it's completely different). I'm not even sure this is even an RPG.

Guest amydien

I see a lot of people playing Final Fantasy....I wanna try playing too :) Im already bored with Star Wars Lego..lol.

Which FF series would you guys recommend for a newbie like me? :D

Guest <3 Kim

^ it's probably easier for you to search up some youtube videos on how to upload themes onto your R4, thats what I did and it helped me upload themes onto mine :D

i need an R4, there is one called R5 people say it works and it only $14.99

idk the site had good review.. Sound right???

im going to try and get one after next month =]

no time for my DS =[

R5? I have never ever heard of that before :crazy: Doesn't sound legitimate anyway :blink:

Guest Jangoon

wow the r4 sounds really good.. i juss bought ff4 (real copy) too.. lol.. so many real and fakes going around.. @__@ are there known sites that sell legit r4s?

Archived