Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest instantnoodlez

^^that's hilarous!

i like the redesign. i think a bright backlit screen is awesome and i like how it's almost 60 g lighter and smaller. it'll match with my rev! my current ds is getting jealous lol. did anyone notice how the power button is missing?

^^that's hilarous!

i like the redesign. i think a bright backlit screen is awesome and i like how it's almost 60 g lighter and smaller. it'll match with my rev! my current ds is getting jealous lol. did anyone notice how the power button is missing?

My favorite part is how you replace the game with a new one. :w00t:

Guest mistapooh

i don't care much for the upgrade either. if i do upgrade, it'd have to be a huge improvement...like how they went from the original gba to gba sp.

is it just me or is everything starting to look like an ipod nowadays <_<

That'll make the old ds cheaper for me when I buy one. I'll get one when Children of Mana comes out in English, or some good rpg I like...

^^that's hilarous!

There's no Power button above the D-Pad. It's now on the side and is a switch. I'm so glad I waited to get one. I wonder when they're releasing it in the U.S. Probably a couple of months after they release it in Japan on the 2nd of March, but I can't wait!

Official Announcement by Nintendo (in Japanese)

Information in English from Joystiq.com

"Nintendo President Satoru Iwata today announced Nintendo DS Lite, a slimmer version of the best-selling Nintendo DS™. Also featuring brighter screens, Nintendo DS Lite will launch in Japan in March. Nintendo DS Lite will be less than two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and more than 20 percent lighter.

Nintendo DS has enjoyed extremely strong sales in Japan and around the world, selling more than 14.4 million units worldwide. The Japanese sell-through of the existing Nintendo DS hardware exceeded 5 million within 13 months, which made Nintendo DS the fastest-selling video game system there.

Nintendo will announce more information about the availability of Nintendo DS Lite in North America and other territories in the future."

Japanese release date: March 2, 2006

Weight: 218g (compare to 275g for the current Nintendo DS)

Dimensions: 133mm x 73.9mm x 21.5mm

It's amusing that they denied the rumors of the redesign last week and now they announce the DS Lite. Some people went out and bought the DS last week because Nintendo denied the rumors lol.

wow this is getting annoying!!!! GBA than SP now DS and than DS LITE!!!

im angry~ stop doing this its getting annoying.

Yea... why are you getting annoyed? The original DS will drop in PRICE, thats a good thing for consumers. DS Lite is 2/3 smaller, 20% lighter and has 4 brightness setting.

Ok? Since when is refinement a bad thing.

Yea... why are you getting annoyed? The original DS will drop in PRICE, thats a good thing for consumers. DS Lite is 2/3 smaller, 20% lighter and has 4 brightness setting.

Ok? Since when is refinement a bad thing.

i'm annoyed because i just bought a DS about a month ago and now this came along... i should have waited a little longer =___=;;

Guest CK92842

There was some news of a redesign on IGN's website a week after the holidays back in December and good thing I decided to hold off. Mario Kart DS here I come. :D

Would be interested if fellow DS gamers could list thier friend codes so we can have an all out melee. B)

Guest Seipher

Given Nintendo's history of updating their portables, it wasn't suprising that Nintendo has given the DS a redesign. The new design looks pretty nice, even if it's following the Ipod route. I definitely would like to get my hands on one soon.

Gameboy > Gameboy Pocket > Gameboy Color > Gameboy Advanced > Gameboy SP > Gameboy DS > Gameboy Micro > Gameboy DS Lite

woot... lol.. awesome timeline.

Guest 光 HIKARIyu

yea... i had a lot of trouble because of this. LOL~ my boyfriend bought me a pink one, but the seller on eBay said they sold out and wouldn't recieve any more due to the new DS coming out. we got a black one for the time being. when the new one comes out, we're getting a pink one for sure. then selling the old one and getting another new black. xD

im excited because i personally think the DS is bulky. =T

Given Nintendo's history of updating their portables, it wasn't suprising that Nintendo has given the DS a redesign. The new design looks pretty nice, even if it's following the Ipod route. I definitely would like to get my hands on one soon.

What do you mean "it's following the Ipod route"? Just because it's going to be in white? It lookes NOTHING like the iPod. Just because a product is white doesn't mean it's "following the Ipod route." Apple didn't buy the rights to white. iPods are also in black now, so are they following the route of the first black mp3 player? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I can't wait for this. I was hoping for a redesign. Hopefully, it will be released in the U.S. not long after it is released in Japan.

Archived