Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest mizz.pandora

Helloooo~

I got a question about DS wiFi thingie.. *im totally noob*

So like, I have only a broadband DSL connection in my house..

So I can't really connect through DS wifi..

Any suggestions? Like, maybe a place with free hotspot or something..

I'm gonna try wireless network in my uni's library..

However, it requires a password to connect *So like, it will not allow my laptop browse any other site except my uni's site if I didn't log in*

Do u think it'll work on DS? o.O

Oh, and I heard that you can make a small wireless network using a USB-kinda-thing, altho ur net connection is DSL..

Is this true?

Lastly, um, how do I check if I am connected to the wireless?

(I have only cooking mama and nintendogs game in hand.. o.o)

*sorry for the oh-so-many-questions*

pls help! >"<

Thanks!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KAITOU KID.

Helloooo~

I got a question about DS wiFi thingie.. *im totally noob*

So like, I have only a broadband DSL connection in my house..

So I can't really connect through DS wifi..

Any suggestions? Like, maybe a place with free hotspot or something..

I'm gonna try wireless network in my uni's library..

However, it requires a password to connect *So like, it will not allow my laptop browse any other site except my uni's site if I didn't log in*

Do u think it'll work on DS? o.O

Oh, and I heard that you can make a small wireless network using a USB-kinda-thing, altho ur net connection is DSL..

Is this true?

Lastly, um, how do I check if I am connected to the wireless?

(I have only cooking mama and nintendogs game in hand.. o.o)

*sorry for the oh-so-many-questions*

pls help! >"<

Thanks!

You'll still the need the password to connect to the network, even if it's your DS.

Yup, you can easily have a wireless network at home. That's what I got (since my comps in my room, I have a router + USB Network Adaptor [for comp]). Anyway, that's not important xD. Point being, yeah, just set up a network at home and connect to that :]

To check if you're connected to wireless/if it connects, turn your game on. Most games with wifi will have a NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS option; which takes takes you to the Nintendo Wi-fi Connection Setup screen. Work from there ^__^

Sorry, I don't have either of those games handy right now, so I can't check if it's exactly there on them or not >_<

Guest mizz.pandora
You'll still the need the password to connect to the network, even if it's your DS.

Yup, you can easily have a wireless network at home. That's what I got (since my comps in my room, I have a router + USB Network Adaptor [for comp]). Anyway, that's not important xD. Point being, yeah, just set up a network at home and connect to that :]

To check if you're connected to wireless/if it connects, turn your game on. Most games with wifi will have a NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS option; which takes takes you to the Nintendo Wi-fi Connection Setup screen. Work from there ^__^

Sorry, I don't have either of those games handy right now, so I can't check if it's exactly there on them or not >_<

Um Um do u mean u have wireless router or something?

cuz I got only a DSL router here >.<

I hear that user can create wireless network by wireless card or something..

But the prob is mine is macbook and it doesnt have wireless card slot T,T

ouch....

Anybody in Sydney know where can I get like, free wireless connection? o.O

^Free? Try driving around and finding an unsuspecting person with an unsecured wireless network.

All you need is internet at home that's connected to a wireless router. Setup WEP encryption and connect to your wireless network with your DS. If you have better encryption such as WPA-PSK, you have to downgrade to WEP.

Guest mizz.pandora

^ The thing is, I live in a shared flats and have no authorization to change the net..

Oh btw I've just found out that macbook actually has some built in wireless card and be converted to a wireless access point, thank God!

LOL thanks btw ^^

Guest x kisekiboshi
http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/th...-fake-r4-carts/

My R4 is definitely fake, but it looks closer to the real one than the one on the left...I noticed because it doesn't have a concave curve where the SD card will go, but mine doesn't have the 2GB on the sticker. I also noticed that my SD card doesn't "spring" into the SD Card Reader/R4 like my sister's does. It just slides in.

I can take a picture of my fake R4 if you want. (I think I lost the box though...)

Dude, are you foreal? Man, that means my R4 is a fake T___T Because I think mine sounds like yours....maybe they just came out with newer models...? :ph34r:

Guest amydien

Ehhh....I think mine is fake too....it doesnt have that curve at the top either....it looks exactly the same as the original except for the curve..and my R4 case is also light blue....gaaah....=(

Your R4 may be real.

Mine looks exactly like this one:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=94628

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1270300

It MAY be real because this person says that it's the R4 Version 2 and that the new ones don't have a spring loader.

What kind of box did you guys get yours in?? (Colour/accessories/etc.) I'm hoping mine is real...

Guest x kisekiboshi

^So after looking at those pictures, I'm pretty sure mine is real because mine looks exactly like those. Hmm, I don't quite remember what the box looked like, but it was black background with it saying R4 (in green and there's like little writings inside the letters....if that makes sense ><). And then it said R4 Revolution for DS in white. And let's see, I got the R4, a lanyard, a usb microSD card reader, and a little casing to hold two ds games. Apparently I read that if there's a blue sticker on the box, it's a fake then.

^So after looking at those pictures, I'm pretty sure mine is real because mine looks exactly like those. Hmm, I don't quite remember what the box looked like, but it was black background with it saying R4 (in green and there's like little writings inside the letters....if that makes sense ><). And then it said R4 Revolution for DS in white. And let's see, I got the R4, a lanyard, a usb microSD card reader, and a little casing to hold two ds games. Apparently I read that if there's a blue sticker on the box, it's a fake then.

I opened up my R4, and it's real (thank goodness!) Haha. It's not difficult to check if yours is real, just be careful with the tiny screw because it's easy to lose.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=935...p;#entry1250206

Guest amydien

I just opened up mine too. Mine's real also! *whew* That really scared me....I paid $65 for mine and I didnt want it to go to waste.....

by the way, is it necessary to update the firmware of the R4? What do you get from updating it?

I just opened up mine too. Mine's real also! *whew* That really scared me....I paid $65 for mine and I didnt want it to go to waste.....

by the way, is it necessary to update the firmware of the R4? What do you get from updating it?

You can't play new games without the updates, so if you're not planning on downloading new games after the update, you won't need it. There may be some other improvements as well, just not sure.

Guest <3 Kim

There was also a youtube video saying that if you peel back the sticker, and see that theres chips or something behind the sticker, then the R4 is fake :/ I can't remember what the video was called though.

I think I have a real Version 2 R4, I'm not sure though O_O

Guest KAITOU KID.

Do the "fake" R4's work properly?

if so, is there a problem? (besides some of the obvious - but you got it to play games, m i rite?)

Got mine quite a while ago, and I'm pretty sure it's real. For what it matters XD

i think i have the real one from the looks of the r4ds shells. I brought mine around 2007.

But the question is, how do you know it is actually real or not by examining the chip inside?

Cuz replacing the r4ds shell is easy. I replaced by black r4ds shell with a white r4ds shell very easily using the $2.99 shell replacement kit.

Guest super cool snail

i feel so stupid

i didn't eevn know r4 existed ;___;

question

so after i buy the r4 card, i need to buy a memory card for it right?

and what do you mean by 'real' and 'fake';;like how do u guys tell??

kthx :D

Archived