Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

R4 is a cartridge that allows you to play DS games that you downloaded. But you need a microSD card to store the games on. Most likely, they're not gonna sell it in stores, but you're best bet is to buy it online. You can try realhotstuff.com or gameyeeeah

ohh i see.thanks a lot!i see dstt mentioned too.does it have the same function as r4 cards?if they are the same,which one is better?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nobody?

Um....

How can i say R4's are retarded...

Oh I know

R4'S ARE RETARDED

Atm they are not the best cart for the nds

Maybe once upon a time they were but right now I have to day the CycloDS Evolution is the best one on the market. Although a bit on the pricey side but money well worth it.

<3 the rts saves me so much time

Even so I still don't get why people are still buying them, do your research people ...

AceKard 2 and M3DS Real are also alright carts... in my opinion better then the R4

Guest justwildbeat

Well I've never tried out the other cards but the R4 at least is pretty easy to setup and use, just pretty much click and drag the games/music/etc. I bought mine based on a friend's suggestion and it's worked well for me but definitely doing research wouldn't hurt.

I finally finished Cooking Mama! I got all gold except for one...the sweet tofu. I don't like those where you have to circle the right amount...its hard! But I'm happy I finished, the first game that I beat.

sigh* i only have 70 recipes T^T!!!

i can't find the new ones!!

how you get the Squid Tempura and Mixed Tempura?

lol, took my 2 days to get all 70 recipes gold xD...

To be honest, it's very lame.

If you don't have it already, you should get it on the Wii or XBox.

Your hands will get sore like a mofo from the DS. o-o

& The songs are pretty lame, too.

yea, the songs are pretty lame,

but hey, atleast one of my favorie song is in there (This Love - Maroon 5)

Guest HeartOfRose

My R4 works fine <_<

It's easy to use and I've had no problems with it <_<

Same.

Don't bash on people just because you have the "better" card. Whatever works is fine with me.

Guest x kisekiboshi

^ what exactly is the search phrase? just "r4"? i like to buy my tech accessories on newegg and i couldn't really find anything that specifically matches.. unless you end up finding something.

edit: would this work?

You could try typing in R4DS, that might work. And to your link, that would work.

ohh i see.thanks a lot!i see dstt mentioned too.does it have the same function as r4 cards?if they are the same,which one is better?

Hmm, can't answer your question about the dstt because I don't have one nor do I any info on it. :sweatingbullets: But they pretty much carry out the same tasks. Your best bet is to either PM somebody or do a little research on which one is better.

I love my R4, it does the job and it's easy to use. :D But to each his own.

Guest 「Sachiko」

I got my m3 DS real from realhotstuff.com and it came in 2 days ^^

I tried both r4 and m3 DS Real, but I currently use the m3 DS Real

honestly, I think they're both fine.. as long as it works, right? :x

Guest eximius

@ Nobody? - R4 works fine for me... -___-; You're stating your opinion like it's a fact. If it works you're getting free games anyway so what's the big deal? >>; I think it's only retarded if it doesn't work or if it breaks your DS or some crap like that, but so far it hasn't... <_<

@ ~SWEETwhispers~ - They're kind of pricey depending on what size you get. Other than that, if you really think about it... you're saving a crap load of money. New DS games are pretty pricey too, and within downloading 2-3 games, you're already getting your moneys worth.

@ KAITOU KID. & Misao - I'm PRETTY sure Moonshell is one skin. There are no buttons you can press or things to click to switch skins (unless I'm totally missing it)... soo yeah. Single skin.

I have a DS~~ I bought mine at J&R~ ^^

I also bought a case, Pink Clouds from Korea~

Games I currently have:

Magical Starsign[EN] -_-" Bought it since it was $8 at Toys r Us, was having some kind of sale~

Love Revo!![JP] Bought it on Ebay for $54

Luminous Arc[EN]

Tokimeki[JP] Same price as Love revo =w= Japanese games are sort of pricey... *cough* From Ebay. :[ Especially ones that are shipped frou Japan :/

I'm also thinking of getting Cooking Mama 2 o.o Does playing that game enables you to cook in real life? lmao :P

Guest stampy

Same.

Don't bash on people just because you have the "better" card. Whatever works is fine with me.

My thoughts exactly. :tongue2: Most people here seem to use R4 anyways.

Well .. I don't anymore - cause I lost mine. :tears: Luckily, my dad was in hk and got me iTouch. I don't really like it =/ but I'll survive. It was cheap .. around 40CAD. And I'm a dame that needs to game! lol

One problem though. I carry my DS around with me practically everywhere, so I like to have music on it. And it doesn't work for iTouch. Can anyone help me? I suck at setting up this kind of stuff.

Guest mizz.pandora

Finally!! I get myself a cobat blue NDS! hurayyyyyyyyyyyys \^o^/

Hmm.. DS game is super expensive o.O so I'm planning to have EDGE card *sumthin like R4*

I only ever played the cooking mama and nintendogz..

Does anyone know if there's other game like nintendogz but for cats?

um, with the same graphic quality of course!

i got the answer from one of my local forums.since one of the guys are selling DS Lites bundles.with DSTT card and 2gb microsd with 38 preloaded games and battery,etc. and the person said that the difference is DSTT supports more than 2gb and R4 does not.plus R4 is not popular now.so he says dstt is a better choice.

the whole bundle is really cheap,im thinking of buying from him..

Guest amydien
Hmm, watch out for fake R4's. I hear the R4 team's latest update will kill fake R4's, and it will eventually make your DS a brick.

If you don't update it, it SHOULD be fine (don't quote me on that), but you won't be able to play new games.

how would you know if your R4 is not a fake one?

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/th...-fake-r4-carts/

My R4 is definitely fake, but it looks closer to the real one than the one on the left...I noticed because it doesn't have a concave curve where the SD card will go, but mine doesn't have the 2GB on the sticker. I also noticed that my SD card doesn't "spring" into the SD Card Reader/R4 like my sister's does. It just slides in.

I can take a picture of my fake R4 if you want. (I think I lost the box though...)

Guest radicalCHOPSTIX

i haven't touched my ds in months.. i don't think theres even battery in it now.. im waiting for the next phoenix wright to come out ): but who knows when that'll be i might end up selling my ds and buying it again when something interesting comes out.

Archived