Hobbies : Internet surfing, computer games

Talent : Cooking

Favorite color : Black

Habit : Drinking water before singing

Education : Chungbuk National University

Family : Brother (Hong Seong Hun)

Debut : 1997 1 album, 'Dedicate'

BIOGRAPHY

Hong Kyung-min made his debut as a rock-ballad singer in 1997 with the song “Now.” Although he was recognized as a talented singer with his strong husky voice successfully appealing to many music lovers, his place in the pop music market wasn’t significant in the beginning. However, in 2000 when Hong released his 3rd album with the title song “Shaky Friendship,” the response was great putting him on top of stardom. Different from rock singers with loud high-pitched tones, Hong Kyung-min’s mid-to-low voice color and stable tone approached listeners with a more comforting sensation. Breaking away from the rock style of music, the successful factor of Hong’s 3rd album was the converting of style to more Latin dance music. As his new music gained more popularity, Hong Kyung-min was nicknamed as “the Ricky Martin of Korea.” Since then on, Hong Kyung-min has been steadily popular among music lovers even after a 2-year-hiatus due to serving in the military. Having finished full military service in the beginning of 2005, Hong Kyung-min is actively performing new tracks of his album in various broadcast shows and live stages.

DISCOGRAPHY

* Dedicate (1st album, 1997) : Into Memories, My Weary Soul, Renounce

* Free Throw II Shot (2nd album, 1998) : For My Love, I Will, A Promise for Myself

* Third Album (2000) : Shaky Friendship, Letting You Go

* Fourth Album (2001) : Take It, First Time, Today Different From Yesterday

* Forever and a Day (5th album, 2001) : I’m Sorry, After

* Listen & Repeat (6th album, 2005) : Tonight, To My Friend, Our Story, When I Miss You

* Evolution of Rhythm (7th album, 2006) : The Time is Back, Play Ball, Curtain Call, Love Hurts, Lady Come Lady Go, Even Though I Fall in Love Again, Returning Home, Telephone

* Music For My Life, Life For My Music (8th album, 2007) : Fool, Style, That's Why I'm Thankful, I Guess I'll Do It, Neighbors, Fighting!!, Wannabe, Dreamer etc

* Keep Going (9th album, 2008) : Come Back, Come back, come back, The way, Did You Not Know?, Call me call me, To the end of the world, Thanks etc

* Someday (10th album, 2009-08-20)

MUSIC VIDEOS

* 못난이 (Mot Nan I; Fool)

* 돌아와 돌아와 (Torawa Torawa; Comeback comeback

* 그녀가 간다 / She Goes

* 행복한 나를 / Happy Me

LINKS

Official Website: http://www.hongkyungmin.co.kr/

Fan Cafe: http://cafe.daum.net/minfamily

c: KBS World + Daum/YahooKR/Naver + Yesasia + Youtube + adikkeluangman

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest hannamjar

I listen to his songs a couple years ago and really like his voice and talent. He's also a close friend with kim jong kook who's also a great singer. It would be great if they have a duet, husky & high pitch voice altogether ... woot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

246ksqq.jpg

Hong Kyung Min (홍경민) 10집 - Someday

Released Date: August 20, 2009

Genre: Ballad, Pop

Track list:

01. Log Out

02. She goes

03. Travel with her

04. How to send him

05. Beautiful Days

06. Happy me

07. Confessed the next day(subtitle: proposed)

08. Run duet with(sinsohui)(Rap feat. Janggeunyi)

09. Do not do it

10. Late one night in 1994

Watch

Music video : [그녀가 간다 / She Goes] [행복한 나를 / Happy Me]

Performance : [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_crnE6mX7A]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived