What's The Difference Between Being Called Cute Or Pretty?

Guest peaceman

Guest peaceman

e.g:

"That chick is hella cute!"

"damnn that girl is hella pretty!"

So what are the differences? Don't those terms have similar meanings?

btw so would a guy go for a cute girl or a pretty girl? I had a big debate my guy friends yesterday in regards to this topic. LOL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KAITOU KID.

With the use of "hella" in front of them, I think the subtle difference between them is lost even more.

As just cute or pretty though, there is a subtle difference, at least to me.

It's kinda hard to explain though :/

One of those feel-y words ._.

Guest miyouri

I don't really see much difference between those two because if a guy sees a girl attractive then she's pretty but can be cute when she expresses her cute charms.

But I guess some people would define cute as having baby face and naive look as pretty refers to feminine.

Guest idiotsucks

Cute is the nice way of calling a girl ugly ?

That's what said by some guys.

It's defined that way in the dictionary too.. Isnt it ?

Guest eximius

I think it's just 'good looking' in different ways?

Cute = Adorable/kiddy/girly good looking? Pretty = Mature good looking?

I dunno how to word it.

Guest qkrcjdfla

But I guess some people would define cute as having baby face and naive look as pretty refers to feminine.

that's how I differentiate

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

I think the term "pretty" is a little more flattering than "cute".

"Pretty" has a little more.. sophisticated ring to it, imo.

Guest ShadowMax76

o-O' depends what the guy goes for... 'cute girls' or 'pretty girls'

'pretty' sounds pretty demeaning to me. but i then think about girls complimenting each other.

'cute' sounds more intimate. as if you want to hug them to bits.

@_@' considering guys don't compliment much.. i see the point in deciphering the words they do choose.

Guest JazzyMina

Being classified as cute means u look adorable in a way. Like how ud call soft cuddly toys cute or smbdy wit a baby face tht smiles cutely.

While as Pretty means Ur looking really good? Or the girls gernally good lking.

Oh thts really confusing >.<

Der is a slight diff though, though its hard explain.

but i fink most guys tend to go for pretty girls then cute girls

Guest sigh991

It's hard to explain the differences (as a guy at least). Lots of guys will call any good looking girl cute. But I think being called pretty is more of a compliment.

Cute can mean you're just bubbly and outgoing, or just look young (chubby cheeks, etc). Pretty means you just look....very attractive/modelesque? :rolleyes:. Again, hard to explain.

Guest Jennibeans

lol cute means ugly but interesting xDD as ive been told >.>

but i think cute people tend to look innocent and "pure"

when pretty is just ._.'' idk

hmm i think there's a difference if the guy is being asked whether or not a girl is cute or if he just comes out and says it.

like if you were talking to a guy-

you: hey what do you think of that girl over there?

him: ehh. she's cute

vs.

him: dang! that girl's cute!

you:...

you know? it depends how he says it. so cute can be a compliment or a bit of a diss i guess.

the difference between pretty and cute...hm. if it's coming from a guy they pretty much mean the same to me :huh:

Guest winteryskys

cute is like.. 'omg shes SOOO cute' and u like wanna hug her? like the way she acts/dresses/looks is cute! like soft toys and kiddys/babies. cute!!

and pretty is like.. whoa shes pretty.. as in good lookin. has an attractive face.

Guest hideki11

Pretty enormously the same as beautiful but cute has a lot of definition. In a relationship, if a guy tells you you're pretty, he is amazed by your beauty but if the guy tells you you're cute, he is just annoyed at you because he's still in the relationship.

Cute is the nice way of calling a girl ugly ?

That's what said by some guys.

It's defined that way in the dictionary too.. Isnt it ?

Wow.

I didn't know that.

Now my entire existence was being called ugly for the past 10 years of my life.

Guest peaceman

my guy friends put it this way...

Cute= girl is vulnerable, someone you want to cuddle, protect, care for, a girl you worry about, someone who is innocent and who is not supposed to be promiscious.

Pretty =physically attractive.

Guest supasheep

i say a girl is cute when she looks cute...like....cute? u all know what cute means rite...like a cute dog, a cute kitten, a cute panda, a cute teddy bear....yeah...same meaning for a cute girl...its just so simple....shes cute...means shes cute...=.= if shes said to be pretty it means she looks more mature and more womanly, and doesnt have the 'cute' features i.e : lower height than normal girls...big eyes....stuff like that...a pretty girl will have like, taller...have slender legs...longer hair...and walks and talks like more mature...thats how i classify...i think saying a girl cute when u think they're "ugly" is just mean. when i say a girl is cute i really think shes cute. im more into cute girls cuz i think pretty girls generally are more dangerous cause.......

Archived