Ha Suk Jin 하석진

mrdimples

@mrdimples @rumasa79 Yeah. I don't even bother checking out what they're doing in their off time as long as I enjoy their work. But then I saw some articles about him being smart and I swooned. I checked out clips of him in YT. Thanks for sharing the Dailymotion one. I'm glad he's been in well-received projects lately, increases the chance of him getting offered CFs, interviews, magazine spreads. He tends to work a lot so I'm praying to the drama gods that he gets a good script come his way again. 

I loved that scene too in DS. He was doing goofy dancing and kept this serious look on his face. I was LOLing for reals. He's so versatile. He's good in drama, he's good at acting really in love and he has great comedic timing. 

• Like 6

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/ha-suk-jin-talks-about-his-current-love-life-ideal-type-and-marriage

Ha Suk Jin talks about his current love life, ideal type, and marriage

By yckim124    2 days ago    23,824    2,060    7
ha-suk-jin

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+

Actor Ha Suk Jin opened up about his current love life, ideal type, marriage, and more during an interview with News 1

First, Ha Suk Jin revealed his current relationship status, saying, "Right now I'm not dating anyone. But I think my dating style has changed after meeting people and gaining life experiences. I think I'm more mature now." As for his ideal type, Ha Suk Jin said, "I've come to not care about the physical qualities now. I like someone with whom I can converse with well. Even if her visuals fit my ideal type, if she only stares at her phone when we meet up, I'd hate it. I want to meet a good person I can relate to, and someone who will be satisfied by just looking at each other in the eyes and conversing."

He also shared some thoughts on marriage, adding, "My peers told me that I should marry late. But first, I need to date. And if I do have to name a particular ideal type, I'd say that I'm more attracted to tall women. And since I have a dark complexion, I tend to like ladies who have fair skin."

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/30/problematic-men-cast-members-reveal-their-impressive-iq-test-results/ 

“Problematic Men” Cast Members Reveal Their Impressive IQ Test Results

Problematic Men

The cast members of tvN’s “Problematic Men” receive their results for an IQ test, which reveals some surprising scores!

On the October 30 broadcast, the staff of “Problematic Men” reveal the results of an IQ test the members took back in July. The IQ test they took is called the Wechsler Intelligence test, with 100 being the average score. Any scores higher than 100 indicate a “higher than average intelligence,” while scores over 130 are considered to be “Very superior.”

Jun Hyun Moo receives a score of 151, Lee Jang Won has a score of 154 and Ha Seok Jin has a score of 152. Kim Ji Suk begs, “Please don’t tell my results,” so his score isn’t revealed.

Park Kyung is shown to have the highest, with a score of 156. The Block B member recently drew attention for his admission into Mensa International, a non-profit organization open only to those who score within the top two percent of an intelligence test.

• Like 6

Hmm filming 1% was difficult.... Maybe because it was filmed for two months smack in the middle of summer with 90% of the scenes just him and JSM. Man, that's tiring. But it still came out really good. BTS of them together show he gets along fine with her. DS is more of an ensemble cast tho so maybe he had more time to rest and learn his lines. 

• Like 5

On 2.11.2016 at 3:12 AM, mrdimples said:

Good morning folks from this side of the world :)

Mid week blues hitting you at work? Blame it on your office chair...now if only you have the Duoback :D

*Does not come with the cute butt. Accessories sold separately. 

@mrdimples i'm dying this is so funny :D Do you see HSJ dance one last couple second on end? 

Lg59gp.gif

I love this advertisement. HSJ without shirt...

Making of:

This is good :D Why nobody translate "Problematic man"? :dissapointed_relieved:

P.S. He has such a mess in the apartment... :lol:

I have found some videos with eng sub:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tmadzik said:

Do you see HSJ dance one last couple second on end? 

Of course I did! :D:D:D

Now we know he always had that groove. You know, it was his goofy dancing in Drinking Solo which got me interested in him. 

I like that he's always willing to go all out for laughs. It's hard to find an actor who's both good looking and excel in comedy. 

• Like 4

On 11/4/2016 at 11:32 PM, mrdimples said:

A beanie called 'fan' translates interviews and put them on Dramabeans' Open Thread. This week, she translated Ha Suk Jin's interview after Drinking Solo. 

Please go to http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/open-thread-472/#comment-2544205

Translation at comment #47

Thank you @mrdimples for your post :). To keep the interview post easy to read, I copy-pasting that thread here.

Spoiler

Last one. Here is more of question and answer session with actor Ha Suk-jin who played a star instructor Jin Jung-suk in Drinking Solo. [OSEN, STAR NEWS] Ha debuted in an airline commercial in 2005, and gained an upright director image through projects like ‘Childless comfort’ or ‘Thrice married woman’ by acclaimed writer Kim Soo-hyun.
Q: Did you get any different response this time from your previous dramas?
A: With weekend dramas, you usually talk in terms of ratings, but now I hear it[DS] created buzz in internet communities and among younger audiences. I feel that my fan base got widened also.
Q: You have ‘Brain-sexy man’ and ‘Cool Man’ image.
A: ‘Brain-sexy man’ title is thankful. Even though it could create prejudice and limits on my acting activity, I think it is thankful title as a product to appeal to the public.

Q: You are very active in variety shows.(He did ‘I alive alone’ which shows single life and ‘Problematic Men’ which solves puzzles given.)
A: Actually I am shy and not so kind, but as I do ‘Problematic Men’, I think I learn how to change. Showing real Ha Suk-jin in variety shows can be helpful with my real occupation as an actor. When I was doing ‘I live alone’ program, I wanted to show real Ha Suk-sjin. Many entertainers try to cover themselves, but I didn’t want that way. I didn’t want to look cool. I didn’t want to be another director-nim (like my role in dramas). Even thought I have been doing ‘Problematic Men’ for a while, doing variety is still scary. It is easy to cause misunderstanding and hard to decide if I have to cover/hide something or show all.

Q: Your character was un-cool in the beginning, but comical enough to gain love from viewers.
A: I also thought that when I pushed Min Jin-woong ssi’s forehead in the elevator. Fortunately writer-nim made it funny. The time I dressed up and checked myself in the mirror (ep 9) was funny for me. My mother loved saying “I laughed the most among all the projects you have done so far.” I wanted to do a comedy. Because the script was written so funny, I just mostly followed the script. I felt I was alive on the set. Currently airing ‘1% of anything’ was filmed before, but the set (atmosphere) was really difficult. Compared to that, shooting atmosphere in Drinking Sole was really fun.

Q: Some say this is your life project.
A: I was confident to do well when I read the synopsis. I thought I could understand well about living contending with yourself regardless of what others think. Rather than thinking about ratings, I just thought about how I can make this character alive. Actually there are times I check my name in the internet out of curiosity. I have done ‘Problematic Men’ for a long time, but Taylor said he only saw me in the commercial. I have to give long explaination about me to the person like Taylor. I think after ‘Drinking solo’ there are less people who don’t know me. When I read comments about me, I only see hateful comments (It catches my eyes more). I use it as a tool to fix when I do acting. Many times I make much effort to fix them. I don’t feel wronged or have grudges. I just think whatever people like or dislike about me is all me. I am just thankful for the comments.

Q: There are many fans who want Season 2.
A: If they do S2, I think one of Jin Jung-suk or Park Ha-sun has to be eliminated. My mother asked if I do Season2, and I said I don’t know. Mother said I should be out. Park Ha-na character has lots of story to unwind or be developed, but Jin character already achieved and has a lot.

Q: You must be really satisfied with Drinking solo.
A: I loved working site so much. Shooting itself was very fun. After the first broadcast, when I went to the set thinking to ask if we had good ratings, they all clapped. I thought if this drama was not going down in ratings, they’d keep shooting in this atmosphere. When we did the last shooting on 21st, Ha-sun was sobbing and asked me “Why oppa is not crying?”, and I said “I’ve never cried in time like this.”
In the beginning of drama shooting everyone got nervous. In the case of PD, we even said he was slave of viewership ratings. When I think about it now, I wish I made the ratings promise that I dress up like Jin Jung-suk and drink alone in somewhere nice without notice because I have never done it.

Q: Was it all fun?
A: No. There was a scene I was hit with a lobster and they did it with real one. Staff said sorry when I asked why soft form was not used for that. It was very heavy and felt like a weapon. I felt pain when I got hit. When I went to the beauty shop to change my hair style for following scenes, hair designer said “Hyung, you are bleeding.”

Q:In the drama, you insisted for high quality and your ideal type was a tall model type.
A: I actually like a tall woman. While shooting I nagged Park Ha-sun ssi to arrange a meeting with a woman for me. “Ha-sun ah, when show ends, arrange a meeting with a women who graduated from Seoul Univ., who makes salary about 1/10 of mine, and has model style”. She said “Go away”. But as I got older, I like a person whom I can communicate with. I’d like to meet a woman who can make me not to check my cel while we are together.

Q: The kiss scene with Park Ha-sun with her on your shoulder was unique.
A: That pose was only possible because Park Ha-sun ssi was thin. She is shy and not the type who can make a friend easily. She still uses informal speech to me. I talk down to her, so Park Ha-sun ssi says I feel like a real boss like Jin Jung-suk character. She is not like her character in the show at all. Jin-woong is same way. Oh, Hwangwoo Seul-hye ssi is just like her character (Hwang Jin-yi) in real person.

Q:How was Gong Myung who played your younger brother? What would you do if you are really tangled in love triangle?
A: Gong Myung is 12 years younger than me, and he felt like my real brother when we went out for meal. We were like real bickering brothers, so I felt real and nice. We had good chemistry. [With same love interest] I am not sure about siblings, but I think I will step back if he is my friend. I don’t want to spoil my friendship because of a woman. It will be like Ki-bum’s choice.

Q: Are you similar to Jin Jung-suk in real life?
A: Living contending with myself is similar, I think. I have this confidence which I don’t know where it comes from. I have optimistic view that everything will work out well. As an actor, people seem to want me to become a top actor. They say “Why you are not popular like a halyu star?” but I want to ask back “Why should I?” I live working hard right now and am on right path, and keep working in various genres- those are worthwhile, I think.

Q: You majored in Engineering in college. How did you become an actor?
A: It has not been long since I thought acting was my path. Like until 2010 I just thought acting was a tool to make money. I became an actor by accident. My friend from middle school got a job in a new entertainment agency, and they needed actors. So he recommended me. I didn’t even watch much TV then, and I’ve never thought I got some entertainer thing in my blood. And even after I became an actor, whenever I made money and had time, I just went to PC room playing soccer game. I lived like that for 5-6 years. In winter of 2010, I played the male lead in tvN’s drama ‘Once upon a time in Sangchori’, and it was really cold. After the show, I took a trip for a month, thinking I worked hard and deserved a reward. I thought a lot during that time. My conclusion was “I should work hard”.

Q: How is actor Ha Suk-jin? What is Ha Suk-jin’s unique point as an actor in his 30’s?
A: I have worked without taking a break. Now I have experience, but this occupation changes over to an artist from a technician at some point. Can I do it? Thinking that makes me feel lost. As I got older, I became to compare myself to people in my age group who found careers of their lives and working for settled life. Currently I live ‘hand-to-mouth’. Even though it has been more than 10 years since I debuted, I have to do well to be able to get next project. With My occupation, you can only work when someone asks for you. I wonder if I am a man who deserves that. Before 30, I used to think I could leave the set when I didn’t make NG, but now I work to make a character people can feel relatable. My goal is to keep working without causing trouble as an adult man. For the acting, I wonder how far I can go-like if I get to act a gloomy role, I wonder if I can get into character ruining my health like Kim Myung-min sunbae-nim.

I don’t know if I have my own unique point. I should show in my acting. There are many interesting dramas these days. As I watch young guys acting, I think if I did the acting like them when I was at their age, I would have done better now. Also when I watch actors in my age, I’m amazed how deliciously they deliver their lines. [For next project] I plan to have a break during winter. I feel like shooting in winter makes a fake to endure the cold weather. There was time I was pretending I was not cold wearing thin jumper when I was actually freezing. I don’t want to do that this winter. Oh, I think I will continue ‘Problematic Men’ because there is heater there.

• Like 4

On 8.11.2016 at 2:18 PM, mrdimples said:

Oooooh so quiet here....let's bring on the music and have Suk Jin soothe our nerves with his lovely singing

................................or maybe not :D 

I kept laughing throughout the song but he's a darn good sport! 

@mrdimples I'm dying this is soo funny :D 

• Like 3