Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1SwtDeception

Official Game Recommendation Thread

Guest BKJSuh

Aion is P2P on top of B2P

lalalalalala word limitlalalala

Currently playing:

Tekken 6 ( although the storyline isn't as good as the previous ones, but u gatta LOVE the customization)

Professor Layton and the diabolical box (I think this one is much easier than the previous one)

Pokemon soul silver (the graphics is soo much better now + you can have a pokemon follow you *cute*)

I recommand all of those above :3

FreeStyle Street Basketball (multiplayer online)- As long as you avoid hackers, immaturity, and lag then you will have a great time.

Z.O.E. (PS2) - probably the most underrated mecha game in the y2k generation of gaming. Beautiful game and all.

Monopoly (pogo.com) - Its multiplayer online and its extremely easy to play. You don't need to know much about the rules like in real life.

Guest kenjino

Don't play Aion, it will steal your soul and life away.

Guest ViVa4ever

the best PC games I've ever played are Prince of Persia collection (all of them really... even the old ones back in 1989!).

You have to play Prince of Persia trilogy: The Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones... they're super awesome. You will get hooked when you start playing. I especially love the Warrior Within the most among the group, but all of them are awesome really.

Guest teevee01

Tekken 6 or Street Fighter IV! gotta love the classic fighting games.

Guest OMGXTC

Mmm, just one question, really. Haha.

Well, I've been missing the PS2 lately, & I was gonna buy it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be hogging all the Square Enix games known to man. -__-"

So other than the KH&FF series, what other good games are there for the PS2?

:3

Guest mszcrystal

For the PC i really liked Atlantica Online.

For the PS3 i really like SF4 (x

For the Wii i really like Dokapon Kingdom and Mario Kart

For the XBOX 360 i really like Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Guest Kiklo

Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros

Best party games, or to just play with friends.

Guest Oni_Oyabun

I work at Gamestop, and I'm pretty much well rounded when it comes to video game genres. HOWEVER, I focus more on RPGs, FIGHTING, ACTION/ADVENTURE, FPS TYPE GAMES lately. My reccomendations for games to get are recent releases or future releases. If you got any questions regarding gamelay, etc. message me. Thanks everyone.

JRPGs:

Final Fantasy 13 PS3/XBOX 360

Star Ocean 4: International PS3

Resonance of Fate PS3/XBOX 360

Disgaea 3 PS3

Trinity Universe (release announced for US, date unknown as of yet)

Kingdom Heart Birth by Sleep ( US release slated for 12/31/10)

Soul Nomad PS2

Atelier Iris/ Mana Khemia Series PS2

FPS:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 ps3/xbox 360

COD MW2 PS3/Xbox 360 (new map pack is out for 360, PS3 players get the map pack at the end of the month)

Borderlands PS3/XBOX 360

HALO REACH is slated for US RELEASE 9/1/10 XBOX360

FIGHTING:

Street Fighter 4

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ( US release 4/27/10)

BlazBlue Continuum Shift (US release slated for 7/20/10)

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 ( US release slated for 9/1/10)

ACTION/ADVENTURE:

Bayonetta PS3/XBOX360

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PS3

VANQUISH (US RELEASE SLATED FOR 12/31/20) PS3/XBOX 360

I didn't know how to classify this game, but its fun online or if you want to play with friends.

MONSTER HUNTER TRI WII ( Release date is 4/20/10) As of now, no news of any fees to play online.

Monster hunter freedom Unite for PSP.

Mario kart WII

Ill add more as i recall other good games I've played or heard of.

I'm totally going to date myself here, but I've sort of felt like picking up a Pokemon game lately...I haven't touched Pokemon since the Red/Blue/Yellow days, so I'm trying to decide if I want to try Gold/Silver or Emerald? Don't have a DS, only GBA so...none of the recent ones. =/

Went for Emerald :D

Guest NvDina

I'm surprised no one mentioned the .Hack// series for the PS2, I believe the whole franchise was really awesome and it's worth checking out, it's pretty old school now since they were released from 2000 to 2004 I believe, but yeah, the game play and graphics were pretty decent , although if your not really into Strategic scenarios ( for the bosses ) or long mazes that seem to go on for a while then you'll probably give up the first couple of hours

:lol:

The newer versions of the .Hack// series which would be .Hack//G.U are very toned down from the original .Hack//'s and it's pretty basic. Better graphics, a new story line with new features. Although for a hardcore .Hack// gamer as myself it seems pretty kiddish :P

Dark Cloud 2 is another semi old school game (PS2) worth checking out. It does demand one tho to be even more so strategic in my opinion for various reasons seeing as you have to alternate between two characters, one is from the past and the other one comes from future. You must accomplish small quests which give you a significant item needed to help defeat some boss monsters and to progress in certain maps. You'll also be able to recreate a certain area in the past in which would enable you to to transport yourself in the future to meet/talk to NPCs and to buy/gain needed items or ingredients if I remember correctly, and don't forget the long mazes that come with it as well xD

Last and not least Radiata Stories(PS2) which as you progress in the story you are soon found between a war of Humans and mythical creatures. You must decide a path, both having an alternate ending. What I found very interesting about this game was the Day/Night system and how each NPC portrayed themselves differently

Anyways, any good PSP RPG games anyone would highly recommend?

hi i am looking for some good nds games

currently playing shin megami - devil's survivour

professor layton and the curious village

ragnarok

luminous arc

previous games that i liked: world ends with you - i have some scratches on my screen because of it =(

any games to suggest? any genre is good

Guest Cloud Expert

For Ds..I'd recommend Rune Factory:A fantasy Harvest moon 1&2.

Its RPG and kind of like a dating game too..but like many harvest moon games. :D Really good, got me hooked for ages.

Guest heartbreakkid

The Yakuza(North America/Europe title) or Ryo Ga Gotoku(Japan title translating as Like a Dragon, seriously they should have kept the Japanese name) series is a pretty good one. Developed and published by Sega, Yakuza 1 and 2 are on ps2 and Yakuza 3 is on ps3. Yakuza 4 has already been released in Japan but as of right now it's not going to be released outside. There's also a spinoff titled Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzen for ps3 but that has also only been released in Japan. The main series of the game is an action/adventure/beat em up/rpg hybrid game, with similarities to another Sega game titled Shenmue. Yakuza 1 has English dubs while 2 and 3 keep the original japanese audio with English subs. It's a very good game with a very good storyline. It follows Kazuma Kiryu, who starts the game as a yakuza but certain events leads him out of it. I would rather not spoil the game as you should be enjoying it for yourself instead. Definitely worth a try.

Another game I want to recommend is Suikoden 2 for ps1. An old game and extremely hard to find and expensive but a classic and definitely worth the play if you're an rpg fan. One of my most favorite games played and I rank it as the best ps1 rpg game beating fanboys' favorite Final Fantasy 7 (not saying that's a bad game at all, I enjoyed it and it's probably my second favorite ps1 rpg game). But Suikoden 2 definitely takes the place as #1 for me.

Guest zoogs

i'd like to second on recommending Yakuza , though I haven't tried the latest one yet =)

can anyone recommend me a good mystery PC game? (like phoenix wright or hotel dusk kinda games) i've been bored lately.

@ absentdesire. lololol. i freaking loved harvest moon! tehehehe. i love those type of games. i got an emulator so i could play it on my pc. i want to play the wii version though.

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I've been playing Combat Arms for the PC lately. It's a free FPS and as long as you avoid hackers, then it's a pretty fun game.

I also recommend Dragon Quest IX for the DS. Game is addicting as hell, but just haven't gotten around to finishing it, lol.

Guest escalade_x

Hey guys,

has anyone tried the new Mafia II yet? Its recently come out in Australia and I'm wondering if its worth it...

I just finished GTA IV on PS3 and considering if I should get Ballad of Gay Tony :P

Guest xRuiza

I've been playing League of Legends for the past few months. Its just like DotA(made by the people who made DotA too). It takes a bit to pick up on how to play but its a learn as you play sort of thing.