North Face Jackets Vs. Hollister/a&f Jackets

Guest lovey43

Guest southbeach82

i would say the hollister one looks better but a friend of mine owns something similar and she said it is alright, you would need to wear a sweater/hoodie inside to be warm. But I'm pretty sure the north face sweater is alot warmer and would last longer. (:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jennix2011

i have the north face denali <3 =] i just got it last week and i LOVE it. the hollister one is cute but i think you'd get more out of your money for buying the north face jacket.. i got mine from altrec.com too for 100 bucks.

a few people here are saying north face jackets are not warm. but honestly, its just a FLEECE. how warm could it POSSIBLY be against -5 degree (fahrenheit) weather?! you're obviously gonna need to wear another jacket on top of it....

Guest Christina.1430266158

Actually, the Hollister one IS warm.

My friend has it but in green.

+ It looks better then the North face one.

But it costs a lot & I'm not made of money so I'd wait till it goes on sale. (:

Guest saintdaifuku

well from the hco link, it has fur inside, not to mention the jacket comes with a hood

northface is just a fleece, no hood, which in my opinion isn't worth it

fur-lined jackets are pretty warm so go with the hco

it's trendier too

Guest PrettyJiwon

I saw a lot of people say the Hollister jacket isn't warm. I have never owned a Hollister jacket but when I had my AnF one, it was girls cuz I waz so skinny, it was super warm and everybody liked it and I live in Chicago! That North Face one looks absolutely horrible and it does not look warm. If you don't think the Hollister one is gonna be warm enough get the AnF equivalent, it's 200. But seriously I still have my AnF ne from two winters ago and as long as you don't wash the fur hood, the quality stays almost the same!

Guest lovey43

hmmm,, i 'm leaning towards the hollister. i checked out the jacket, and it's really not that warm... and it's pretty overpriced for a fleece jacket..

Guest shurgen

The hollister one looks better... which makes me sad because I'm not an Abercrombie/Hollister zombie =(

The North Face one is probably better in terms of doing its job xD.

Like the people said above... if you are going purely for looks go for the hollister

if you are going for functionality, TNF

If you want both... good luck deciding xD

• 2 weeks later...

DONT GET THE NORTH FACE

i have the same one in black

-it collects dust so easily so it always looks retarded(i know cause its black but still)

-it DOES NOT keep you warm (when you have to go to the bus stop at 6am you feel like you are wearing nothing)

-everyone has it

-its a waste of money when you can get a much better jacket

after buying that stupid northface i bought myself a hco jacket. kinda like the one you choose but without the fur and its puffy. its pretty warm.

BUT if you really do want a northface i recommend a northface puffy jacket, not those stupid fleece. but if you do get the fleece...buy a kid one in XL its cheaper and then you can buy an extra jacket cause i found out you have to wear a jacket over the fleece to be warmer.. OR buy the northface with the jacket/fleece combined (but those things are such a rip off) and btw when you wash the north face, it gets pilling ):

obviously, you were so poor that you bought the cheapest one.

NORTHFACE FTW.

Guest sabrineezy:)

Hollister, definitely. I LOVE hollister/a&f/ae jackets, they're just so casual cute & classy, and not to mention freaking warm. :)

i have a A&F one and i think its really warm. mine has fur on the inside as well..

the fur jackets are really puffy so, it depends on what you want.

i think the NF one is also cute and more casual so you can wear it with anything :)

Guest lieulylom

EVERYONE at my school has a north face jacket. There are these two girls in my class that wear the exact same one everyday. I'm sure its super warm and cozy but I sure wouldn't want to dress like everyone else. I guess if you get a unique color then it's okay... but definitely don't get a black one. Personally, I'd go for the hollister jacket. It's way more stylish. You can probably find alot of other jackets for the same price. Just keep looking...

Hollister is too overprice and if you want it because of the style go ahead, but I'm pretty sure that that style will be done soon.

The Northface jacket style will always be in, it will always be more affordable than hollister or a&f, plus it's worth more for the money. You can wear the NF for mostly all of the seasons, winter is especially great to wear it.

Archived