North Face Jackets Vs. Hollister/a&f Jackets

Guest lovey43

Guest lovey43

I'm getting a new jacket this year and I'm stuck between which one to get...

http://www.altrec.com/the-north-face/girls...u-fleece-jacket

I want this jacket in black but it's gonna be around $60. [not as nice as the denali]

I can also wash it without getting the material messed up!! And Northface jackets are for SKIING. dangggg. While HCO really isn't...

http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stor..._-1_12619_12552

And there are the Hollister/A&F jackets with fur on the hood and such.. They will be around $60 on sale so I'm thinking of getting that one also...in brown =]

Which one should I get??? Which is better quality if you own any of these? Which one is more warm??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I think the North Face one because the Hollister Co. one will eventually go on sale for $60 or below in a few months. Until then, you shold probably get the North Face one unless you're extremely rich and do not care about the $$ lost when it goes on sale.

Guest angelic_betrayal

Well, I have both a North Face jacket similar to yours and an Abercrombie and Fitch Jacket exactly like the Hollister one :) North Face is ok but it's not really cozy. I waited until my A&F jacket went down to its final sale which was like $80 and its original price was like $180+ I think. It's cute and looks great. Mine keeps me pretty warm ^_^ The hood really helps :D Just be patient and hope it goes on sale quickly ^_^

i think both of those would give about the same warmth.

that nf jacket isnt what you would go skiing with. at least not alone. its good for lining under a ski jacket but alone.. its not a serious winter jacket since its just polyester. if you read one of the reviews.. it says "perfect fall fleece"

if you want a real winter jacket from nf.. look for one with down or gortex shell. hyvent shell is ok but the effect wears off where as gortex doesnt. you can just tell by the price difference.

i have friends who have hollister/af fur jackets for winter. they dont say that its incredibly warm but theyre ok. theyre pretty though

Guest Whateva

I'd get the North face one, along with something thicker.

Hollister jackets will not keep you warm unless it's made of fur on the inside.

Guest QWERTY.

DONT GET THE NORTH FACE

i have the same one in black

-it collects dust so easily so it always looks retarded(i know cause its black but still)

-it DOES NOT keep you warm (when you have to go to the bus stop at 6am you feel like you are wearing nothing)

-everyone has it

-its a waste of money when you can get a much better jacket

after buying that stupid northface i bought myself a hco jacket. kinda like the one you choose but without the fur and its puffy. its pretty warm.

BUT if you really do want a northface i recommend a northface puffy jacket, not those stupid fleece. but if you do get the fleece...buy a kid one in XL its cheaper and then you can buy an extra jacket cause i found out you have to wear a jacket over the fleece to be warmer.. OR buy the northface with the jacket/fleece combined (but those things are such a rip off) and btw when you wash the north face, it gets pilling ):

Guest ii_christie

The North Face jacket will last you longer as the years go by. Most likely the Hollister will loose its warmth as you wash it. So I'll recommend the fleece since I've been wearing mine for a few years and its still going strong =)

Guest WildSevenGirl

NORTH FACE.

Mostly 'cause I'm a tomboy, I like solid colors, and I like North Face.

Not a big fan of Aeropostale, Hollister or whatever. xD

Guest lovey43

yeah... the hollister is soooo much cuter but it seems like the nf might keep me more warm.. i have a north face denali with the shiny fur, and it's pretty soft. everyone does have the nf jacket, but i really need a fleece jacket so.. grr i hate waiting for the hco jacket s to go on sale. i want them now LOl.

you should definitely get the North Face. go for warmth! i mean.. you ARE buying a jacket to keep you warm in winter.

&& the north face jacket doesnt look bad =)

Archived