[variety] Mnet Band Of Brothers (밴드 오브 브라더스)

Guest bibotatu

Guest bibotatu

Heechul, Kangin of Super Junior along with Jay and Xmas from Trax

Band of Brothers

Official Website

66124588vw0.jpg

1st episode: Octocber 25 2008

Timeslot: Every Saturday @ 11:30 PM on Mnet

Starting from Jan 9th the timeslot changes to Friday @ 7:00 P.M

programku6.jpg

SUMMARY

program1lk5.jpg

• Band of Brothers is a 30-minute long show in which Heechul, Kangin of Super Junior along with Trax's Jay and Jungmo will form a 'tribute band' to not only perform music by classic pop artists such as The Beatles, Abba, Queen, etc., but they will also share the history and information about the band such as they way they dressed, the times they lived in, etc.

Thanks to damifino@Super Junior thread

PREVIEW

BAND MEMBERS

mcji4.jpg

• Heechul - 4th Dimension Oldest Hyung Kim Heechul
    Date of Birth: July 10, 1983
    Height: 178 cm
    Weight: 60 kg
    Blood Type: AB
    Debut 2005 Youth Drama 'Banolim 2'
    2005 Super Junior 1st album 'Super Junior 05'

• Jay - Indifferent/carefree 2nd oldest Jay
    Stage name: Typhoon
    Date of birth: April 8, 1984
    Height: 182cm
    Weight: 65 kg
    Blood Type: B
    Debut 2004 The Trax single 'Paradox'

• Kangin - Physically imposing chatterbox 3rd oldest Kangin
    Date of Birth: January 17, 1985
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 70 kg
    Blood Type: O
    Debut 2005 Super Junior 1st album 'Super Junior 05'
    1st place for Best Outward Appearance at the 2002 4th Annual SM Best Contest

• Jung Mo - Bright and clever youngest Jungmo
    Stage name: Xmas
    Birthday: March 26, 1985
    Height: 184cm
    Weight: 64 kg
    Blood Type: O
    Debut 2004 The Trax single 'Paradox'

Credit goes to damifino for the translation

WATCHING LIVE

Since it's Mnet show we can watch it live through Tvants. I'm sure almost everyone here knows how to watch it live by now but if you don't, here is the instruction

• Download TVAntz and install it
  • Open the program and click on the 'Search' tab
  • Look for Mnet in the list of channels or type in 'Mnet' in the search bar
  • Several Mnet channels will pop up. I recommend you to choose the one that have either high quality or less audiences. By this way you can either get decent quality or smooth buffering
  • Double click on the channel you choose and a new window will pop up.
  • Allow some time for it to buffer... and you'll be watching the show!
  • Next time you watch the show, just click on Channels tab and Mnet should be already there.

Here's a Tvants trick by my own experience: If you really want a very smooth buffering and decent quality, I recommend that you open up Tvants about 1hour to 30 mins before the show stars but close up the Media Window for a while. Check back at the Channels tab to see how much it has been buffering, about 60% - 80% is pretty good, 80% - 99% is damn awesome. Finally when it's time, open up the Media Window again and just enjoy the show!

Time Conversion

To find your local timezone that the show airs live

Clubbox Download

Direct Download

* Megaupload

Online Streaming Site

* Youtube

Subtitle

ilovekido Youtube channel

• Track 1 - The Beatles [English sub]:
    -
    -

• Track 2 - Queen [English sub]: Part 1 -
    -

everlastingsubs Youtube channel

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

I just posted the links to this thread from the first posts of the SuJu and Heechul thread :) You might still want to make an announcement about the thread in each of the threads though since not too many seem to check the first posts :ph34r:

I posted the link to here on the "Official Thread Index" since I had a previous post open which they haven't gotten around to including yet.

Guest eleclya111

Ahhh, so it really looks like Heechul will be at the drums hm? That's nice...even though I hope he'll get to sing, too.

The first post is very nice already, good job :)

Thanks for making this thread. It's nice that we'll be able to see the interaction of Trax and SJ members. I know that Heechul and Jay are close accroding to his words but I never really had seen that close friendship between them as far as I can remember. Maybe only a few instances.

It's not new to me that Trax are with instruments but it's going to be more interesting with Heechul & Kangin + instruments = ??? *i still have to guess the outcome of this!!!*

I've seen the previews and it's already a disaster and veryy chaotic. It's so "THEM". hehe. That 30 min. of the show is going to be one hilarious one.

Guest silverwingz

this seems interesting. thanks for starting the thread! don't know much about the TRAX guys,

but you can't really go wrong with both Heechul & Kangin on a show together!

they're awesome individually, but together...? can't wait to see it.

Guest kiirohana

hello yay! i've been waiting for this thread! haha anyways, just curious! so are their instruments permanent or can they change every once in a while... like i mean... someone else play drums when heechul goes play the violin or sth? lol hehe or guitat :D but i really wanna hear how he plays violin >.>

anyways the preview seems so chaotic and fun i cant wait!

Guest damifino

^ I don't think the instruments are permanent since the other bands that they do tributes to don't all have drummers in their band nor 3 guitarists. Some have vocalists who never play any instruments, some have piano/keyboard players, etc.

I was going to stay up to watch "Band of Brothers" live in about an hour, but none of the Mnet live feeds seem to be working for me :( Oh, well, I guess I'll have to wait to download it tomorrow.

Guest bibotatu

^ Oh yes ... the same thing happen to me. There was a crash down for Tvants yesterday, it's ok now we can watch other channels but Mnet is no where to be found, quality is 0% :( I tried their on air TV on the official website and it's not even running

OMG! This is so stupid I'm so pissed. The show is being aired now but I stuck here with no signal from Mnet. Why is it have to be happened on the 1st broadcast day ????

Guest simply_diem

I am seriously mad. Normally, my TvAnts works fine, especially with Mnet..but it got to be today that it's acted up. URggg

Guest bibotatu

Clubbox Link for Ep1 is out:

Click here

Credit: a-heung CB

Please note: As the owner of this file requested, please don't upload it to other sharing direct download site such as megaupload, mediafire etc. If you want the file, download from this CB link only. Thank you

I will look around for other sources

Guest mypopcorngurl

^^ Thanks for the upload!! I gave up on using tvants because my connection is really slow.

I'm glad that they had an english narrator and captions, it made me understand the program a little. and them speaking english once in a while was :P like "valet parking man!" "kiss me darling"

Any show with Kangin and Heechul in it will be chaotic, they can't stop screamingtalking.. Hahaha

Heechul's drum performance was good. He is so cute looking shy while changing clothes in front of the camera, telling Jay and Jungmo to cover him. And he didn't get to eat that's why he just kept on ranting. harhar

Kangin imitating Heechul on his singing off key on U and changing the lyrics to ahahaha/something gibberrish was LOL. But he look so cool driving the audi. B) Kangin is big but cute is so true. Next time be careful not to trip on anything.

Jay as I expected knows some Beatles song. JAY WIN!

Jungmo is really good at playing guitar. He's like he can play any song. But i hope he talks more next episode.

The manager is okay. But was there really a rumor that the manager and John had a relationship?!

The groupie is.. a groupie. Am i a groupie?!

so next week they will give tribute to another band or is a continuation of the Beatles?! i really want a continuation coz i wanna see them perform it, not lipsynched it.

I finished watching the first episode and as expected a 30 min. show is not enough especially with Heechul ang Kangin together. :lol::D Guess the Trax members are not used to having shows, hope they talk more on the next episodes. They were just looking and laughing at Kangin and Heechul's random words and actions. Jay and Jungmo must be the one who were to balance the show, coz if only Heechul and Kangin then I don't know what the show will end up. :lol: Watching the less than 30 min. show felt like I was watching a 1 hr. show, there was so much going on. And of course, since they are supposed to be rock stars, then they should dress like one. When they were at the Audi, they look so rock star-ish and since Heenim is Heenim, he has to be different and most noticeable so he wore his red pants (again) while the other three were in black theme. :w00t::wacko: Way to go!! Can't wait for the next episode.

Guest damifino

^

^ I agree, the show is too short. They hardly covered anything about the Beatles and they didn't even actually let them perform even though they showed them practicing for a performance. Granted, a day is hardly enough time to learn a song (AND instruments) and perform it, but still, it would have been nice to see them actually perform the song.

Clubbox Link for Ep1 is out:

Click here

Credit: a-heung CB

Is it just me or is the video quality grainy?

Archived