I'd Like To Store Files From My Computer On A Cd

esskeigh

I have so many files on my computer that I need to store on a CD. The problem is I don't know how to. Do I need a certain software to do it for me? If so, please recommend me a free one. And I'm supposed to use a CD-R, right? Thank you for your help!

Hi,

A couple of questions:

1. What operating system are you running on your computer? i.e. Windows XP/Vista or Mac OS?

2. Do you have a CD/DVD drive on your computer and can it record/burn CDs/DVDs?

Both can be answered if you can find out the specifications of your computer from when you purchased it. These details can maybe be found online.

you require either of the following :

cd burner [only burns cd-r and cd-rw]

dvd burner [only burns cd-r, cd-rw, dvd+r,dvd-r,dvd+rw,dvd-rw,dvd+DL,dvd-DL and dvd-ram which depends if you have a dvd-ram compatible or not] note: dvd-ram is like a rewritable dvd just a bit bigger then dual layer

blue ray burner [burns blue ray discs, all dvds and cds]

if you are not using MAC you can try :

http://www.imgburn.com/

you can burn your files with this program and it's 100% free and full version

Guest igotballz

Hmm...i already have a CD burner and i'm running on windows XP if that's any help.. Thank you for your replies~

I use nero to burn data storage and also a file compressor to compress the files so I can stuff the maximum on a CD. Nero isn't free though... but if you PM me I can help you get around that :sweatingbullets: . 7zip is a free compressor, you can just google that.

Archived