Lee Jun Hyuk / Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 ❤️

gm4queen

wow  @triplem Zzang!!  Actually i noticed  of LJH since three brothers many years ago , i know of he was in city hunter (but i didnt watch that drama) , recently i saw  him in Along with Gods, i am impressed again with his acting , and i am sort of happy to see him still actively having projects. I came to watch APAD was because of him, his charisma captured my eye from episode , though he came out just a short while . I really rooting for him to be the main lead ( not always he is in main lead drama) ,  i got to know that he was the lead in   Naked fireman ,so while waiting for new episodes of APAD ,  i marathon this drama ( only 4 episodes) and i totally love it, he presented different vibe for different characters.. Seriously ,  i don;t hate  him even he was a "bad guy" in Along with Gods ,  i didnt watch Secret Forest , i saw many commented that he was a corrupted prosecutor , but they actually cant hate him much., some even said he looks great even he is a bad guy .. haha 

As what i can see , Dr Ye is the most  successful character that ppl can remember who he is , and once mentioned Dr Ye , then the line : May i give u an advice" trademark  came in my mind .  If i am not wrong he is also appeared  in Along with gods 2 this year  ( i think they completed filming) , he really worked very hard this 2 years , as we can keep seeing his projects coming out within this 2 years. With the coming "Are you human too" i hope it is another good drama that he chose, i hope he is not the villain,  but i got the feeling his character might be a person that has 2 faces , may be he might struggling with the power  and friendship with the main lead.

It's barely can find news about him , and he hardly got any interviews. i hope he can excel in his career , not going to be second lead anymore :lol:

Good to see chingus here from APAD thread hehehe .. ,  i like APAD even more while watching it second time ^_^

26 minutes ago, screwdila said:

There is another drama of LJH called "Birth of a bride" or something. He plays a role of a nerdy. It has 6 epis but not subbed. Wish someone subs it cause it looks like a funny drama.

Yes ,  i think he looks cute there ,  but not sub ..

i am also curious of his full vlive sub to be out .. so far only the portion where he talks about food  that had subbed

• Like 2

Yay @stroppyse @jellybing2009 Glad to see you guys post something here. He’s pretty underrated. So am hoping he will get more lead roles soon. He’s got the talent & the looks . 

He is definitely giving different vibes here. This is his character teaser for the upcoming drama. Miss his voice

So this will be his character description for the new drama . Does not seem like he is the antagonist 

A1973887-5BBF-49A9-B8BB-D4C86F8A2A83.jpeg

I don’t know where this is from...but it’s cute 

Edited by Guest

@triplem that was from " Birth of the bride" ,  he looks cute and funny there with the spectacle .

The synopsis for his character in "Are you human too " seems he is not a antagonist , but i got the feeling like he is the kind person "still water run deep' ? hhaha

not sure where is this from, probably while filming  APAD

This scene really laugh die me .. :lol:

here is the making film for  Bazaar magazine

http://www.vlive.tv/video/64780

• Like 2

@jellybing2009 @Jisungfan Hopefully he gets some good projects as a male lead. Sometimes it also has to do with luck & having the right agency to push you out there. I think he’s definitely getting more recognition than before. I will watch Are You Human Too & hopefully he gets some decent screen time. Seems like an interesting story as well. 

LYB in the BTS was always rather giggly around him. I guess she’s having an oppa crush like us . Kkkkkk . She says that jun Hyuk oppa is really caring & helped her a lot .

It’s sourced from here , I hv posted in the drama thread 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/a-poem-a-days-lee-yu-bi-fell-for-lee-joon-hyuk-on-screen-and-heres-why/

This is the article which caused the post drama controversy where the PD said that Min Ho was supposed to be the end game but they changed it later when audience loved the Ye -line  more. http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110903035#imadnews

But the article does go on to say a lot of other things and some sweet stuff about LJH.  I found someone on dramabeans who translated ( credit to a DB member called fans at dramabeans , open thread 522), I put the segments here related to LJH. 

po4Lfhg.jpg

Lol , I laughed here about him just wanting to eat

0fAgSdj.png k3p3qbH.png

i went to search on his agency , and found a few interesting info,  his current agency merge with Signal Entertainment Group only on 2016 , then from there he got many projects either lead or second lead , and also he gotten chance in acting on blockbuster movie Along with Gods . " Secret Forest/ Stranger"  was also co-produced by the agency which he had chance to get a role there . So i hope sooner his effort and talent would be recognized to be as male lead. If you are interested to know more can go to this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_Entertainment_Group

However , he seems a quiet and have low profile personality , so he might be also choose character/ script base on his interest but not only want to become lead ? ( just my speculation )

Who would not like Dr Ye in APAD ? A person who is warmth , mature , humble and considerate yet he has great achievement in his caree r and being respected by many peers in same field. Frankly speaking i don't know who is Lee Yu Bi untill APAD, and i realized she was also  in "Gu's Family Book" , which i was impressed with her acting before in this drama. I think she is talented and she presented WBY very well , maybe there is some shadow of herself and WBY , thats why she can relate the character so well.

Does TVN also have awards in year end ? i wish to see them together hahah , even as award presenter also good enough :lol:

Initially , i won't want to watch "Are you human too" but now i know that LJH is in there,  i will put in my " to watch list" . and this year i will definitely watch Along with Gods 2 ^_^

• Like 2

Thank you all who have done research on him and sharing his info here. Really appreciate it! Now I have a better understanding of his personality and profession. At least his tread is alive again.  Any info on his lovelife? Does he he have any girlfriend?:blush:

• Like 1

i think he knows of many good actors and actresses as he worked in many good projects  eg  City Hunter, City Hall , Man from the Equator , House of Bluebird , and his recent works like " Along with the God " " Stranger/ Secret Forest " etc   He was also in one of the variety show with Im Jae Bum ( Carried By the Wind ) which they filmed in US .

It is hard to look for more information about him other than his work and his interview regarding his projects. Only after APAD  that we got to know that he likes to eat and his favourite seems like is pizza . I would think that he wants to protect his privacy as well . I hope he would join some of the  variety show :)

Just browsed previous comment and found this interesting interview with Rain & KCM .. he really likes pizza & nachos haha ( there is translation below on LJH's part )
https://cloudusa.blog/2012/09/16/audio-clip-rain-and-kcms-질주본능speeding-instinct-military-radio-show-916/

• Like 1

@jellybing2009 I laughed at his love for nachos . It’s great on the lips but bad  for the hips ! He does come across as really shy & private . No social media accounts. Fingers crossed he will get more lead roles. 2017 - 2018 has been great so far given how busy he has been. Glad he is getting some recognition internationally as well. From drama fever 

How did Lee Joon Hyuk go from romancing A Poem A Day to Are You Human Too?

by Nancy Z on Thu, May 24, 2018 

69387a2e-d36a-43f1-a74b-a7c23ea964ee.jpg

Korean actor Lee Joon Hyuk is so good at immersing himself in diverse characters that he is never typecast. As it turns out, he not only romanced us as a handsome doctor in love in A Poem A Day, he will next join the cast of sci-fi mystery Are You Human Too?But wait, it's actually the other way around. What happened?

Although the talented actor debuted in 2006, most of us in the international fan community probably noticed Lee Joon Hyuk for the first time in Lee Min Ho's memorable action thriller City Hunter, where he played a righteous prosecutor. He then followed up as a man who betrayed his friend in Man of Equator.

(Lee Joon Hyuk and Lee Min Ho in City Hunter:)

After his military service from 2012 to 2014, he resurrected his acting career by joining My Spring Days and Bluebird's House

(Character still for Bluebird's House:)

ea3c78a0-c914-4cbc-89c2-dd59a522695d.jpg

2017 proved to be fruitful for the hard-working actor. 

He played the lead in The Naked Fireman, a scheming prosecutor in the award-winning Stranger (Secret Forest), and an assistant to an AI robot that impersonated a tycoon heir in Are You Human Too?. He then played a handsome doctor who fell in love in A Poem A Day this year. 

It's a nice arc for Lee Joon Hyuk's resurgence as a leading man.

a4b2c079-1797-448e-9beb-1485c6e1cdfa.jpg

Many fans fell for A Poem A Day's Dr. Ye Jae Wook (Lee Joon Hyuk) so much that we want him in more romantic roles. But I wouldn't be surprised that the versatile actor will continue to appear in just as many bad-guy as good-guy roles. 

Having hated him in Stranger and then loved him in A Poem A Day, I'm convinced that Lee Joon Hyuk is not only a skilled actor but also good at choosing the best projects.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/how-did-lee-joon-hyuk-go-from-romancing-a-poem-a-day-to-are-you-human-too/

Edited by Guest

By the way do you all know of anywhere I can get subs for this drama - Han Yeo Rum’s Memory ( like a short drama by JTBC) 

This was after  the press con of that show

Spoiler

Spoiler

Scene cuts from that drama 

I hope he does another romance drama soon 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The cast from Forest of Secrets are still very close ( that was one of my personal favourites from 2017)

Edited by Guest

@triplem  the  first one is from the short movie " The peach tree" which was directed by actress Goo Hye Sun . He was a cameo there i think , participated as a friend with GHS .

the second one was from the drama " Birth of Bride" ( base on the style ) .

i also find his acting in " Naked fireman" is hilarious

heartbreaking scene in " My Spring days"

• Like 1

@jellybing2009 I really wished they had more episodes for naked fireman . He had chemistry with female lead . And the plot could have been extended as it was so rush to do it in 4eps

This is a more detailed description of LJH character in Are You Human Too

Oh ,  he is good friend to Nam Shin ,  so he is to protect Nam Shin. Saw some news about " Along with the Gods 2" which will start promoting on Aug 2018 ( not sure if it is showing this period)  so we will continue to see him on small n big screen , no wonder he said he work very hard for the past one year.. this is the results that ppl will remember his face . Mar 2018 - May 2018 ( Dr Ye ) ,  June 2018 - Aug 2018 ( Ji Young Hoon ) ,  then AUg 2018 ( Along with the gods 2 ? ) haha

Yes , he has chemistry with the female lead in "Naked Fireman" , the character set up there is so pure n funny ..

• Like 1

Spoiler

Awww LJH is gaining popularity these days 

So they had the v live back stage meeting with the main cast after press con for Are You Human Too . Subbed. Seems our shy LJH has many fans . You can see it when he appears from 3:00 , the other cast even mentioned he is so popular. They read out Comments coming in saying “Joon Hyuk oppa is so good looking “ -  he was so shy he got up & walked away embarrassed  :lol:

Around 10:00 onwards again they were reading comments & they were saying wow LJH . Comments on his good looks . Haha his female colleagues concur .

http://www.vlive.tv/video/7311

Spoiler

Rice wreath for him

Spoiler

press con photos

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Guest