Lee Jun Hyuk / Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 ❤️

gm4queen

13 hours ago, AC95 said:

I was looking at the roster of ACE Factory and it appears to be an agency that really tries to cultivate skilled professional actors rather than 'stars'/'idols'. If career longevity means taking interesting showcase pieces like The Lies Within, and doing more character acting, that'd be cool. 

I sincerely hope so, LJH deserves all the difficult and challenging roles he want to play)) Even if i want to see him 24/7 main-leading in romcom :phew:

But this dream sequence in The Lies Within - it was uncalled for.. yes yes i know it's OCN and dark and suspenseful drama and all but -

Spoiler

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one)) it was almost too much, and my poor shipper heart demanded it to be real.

And that cliffhanger at the end :expressionless:... Oh well..

Anyway - I found a goldmine ٩(◕‿◕。)۶ 

And some of this photos i've seen for the first time :love:

• Love 1

Thanks for the naver link @keyta ! The captions are hilarious - "Human LED"?! to describe his luminous face in the dark theatre just takes it to the next level :lol:  And then those fan comments asking him to play a vampire :astonished:

*thinks* Well that idea is not half bad... 

• Love 1

They look so good together. It would be awesome to see them again in some light happyendish romcom as main couple.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:39 AM, AC95 said:

And then those fan comments asking him to play a vampire :astonished:

Light happyendish romcom about vampires - sound promising))

• Love 1

On 10/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, triplem said:

too bad we only had a short scene of him last night

Alas yes, Eps 3 and 4 were a little low on LJH content *sigh*. I've steeled myself that things are gonna be rough from hereon even though I hope for a positive outcome for his character...

On that pic of him with Lee Yoo-young - I'd like to think it goes beyond just TV promotions, it's heartening to see him being supportive. Mental health trigger alert on why I think this:

Spoiler

I read somewhere that LYY was under a lot of strain lately. Apparently she made some posts about death that she later deleted and the agency said she was 'misunderstood' :( Given the recent Sulli tragedy and what happened with Goo Hara (whom LJH also knows from past work), it's great that colleagues should support each other. One can't rely on agencies to always do the right thing. If an artist feels isolated and overworked, it's probably best their peers help them through it.

On 10/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, triplem said:

Looks like he’s still close with the cast of DS60

That's so cool, thanks for highlighting it! Think the actor they went to watch (in the middle of the photo) is Ryu Deok-hwan? He appeared in The Peach Tree (where LJH had a cameo), right?  Kang Han-na, Oh Hye-won, Lee Ha-yul and LJH now seem to be the arts and culture gang :D I hope LJH was a good senior and advised them not to be too rowdy in the theatre like what happened when they went  with Son Seok-gu to watch Kim Joo-heon in Pride :sweatingbullets:

Love that they also went out together to see the Umbrellas of Cherbourg last month (think  it was already reposted this earlier in the thread).  I recall reading one of the Busan interviews where LJH mentioned he has admired The Umbrellas of Cherbourg since film school. (If I come across the interview again I will update this post, or maybe someone else knows where this is.) As I understand it, he originally wanted to be a director rather than an actor, so it's lovely that he's sharing the enthusiasm with colleagues.

15 hours ago, keyta said:

Light happyendish romcom about vampires - sound promising))

Light happyendish romcom about vampires with flashbacks in period costume! This wishlist is going to get longer and longer! :w00t:

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I think we have significant casting news/rumours - it's an MBC show due next year called '365:운명을 거스르는 1년' (365: 1 year defying/against fate):warning: And he will be the lead. Hope this is right!

From what I can gather, think there was a bit of a start-stop on this as MBC was changing its drama schedule for financial reasons. Hopefully someone who can read Korean can update but some reports already talk about him as the lead, others say there's no official confirmation from MBC (?)

Copying below the translation of one of the more positive sounding articles...

===

Lee Joon-hyuk, the lead to revive MBC's Mon-Tue drama in March next year, as the main character of '365'

Lee Joon-hyuk is set to revive MBC's Monday-Tuesday drama. "365: One Year Against Fate", as the main character.
An official of the Drama Bureau told The Daily Sports on 25 March, "Actor Lee Joon-hyuk will be the protagonist of the new drama "365: A Year against Fate," which will be broadcast for the first time in March next year.

"365: A Year Against Fate" is a fantasy mystery thriller in which 10 people who have the opportunity to go back to the past are caught up in an unexpected fate as they time slip a year ago. It is a remake of the popular mystery novel "Repeat", which was made into a drama in Japan. In the original work, characters had the opportunity to return to a point 10 months ago to avert a tragedy, this has been changed to "one year" in the Korean version.

Thus "365: A Year Against Fate" tells the story of people who know that they return to today exactly one year ago on a fixed date and choose to time-slip of their own will, not by chance. This is a different take on usual time-slip dramas.

The backdrop is that Lee Joon-hyuk is a strong detective. He became a police official in peaceful times[?], but with a sense of justice, is thrust into a violent world. He loses his loved one to the murderer and is offered a time-slip opportunity, and is now at the center of a whirlwind of conflict.

In his previous work, TVN's "60 Days," a member of the Naval Academy and a strong rival of Ji Jin-hee. This round, as a representative of justice, he will show intense charisma.

Sources:

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20191025163226513

Also see:

https://news.joins.com/article/23615140

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20191025174843934

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, triplem said:

But I don’t wanna jump the gun. Fingers crossed

Ah true @triplem, musn't count chickens just yet :D Even if this is just a rumour, happy to see the interest of news outlets in LJH. After all, it means he's perceived as someone who can carry such parts and is overdue for helming a show. Which will eventually lead somewhere good :thumbsup:

Having said that, this does look like a fun part to play for a mainstream network, so hope he does take it on and that the schedule fits with Stranger 2 since that's in the pipeline.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, triplem said:

I love these scenes a lot :lol::wub: . 

@triplem *standing ovation*

Yeah, wow, Ep 6 was such a bonanza of LJH. I'm happy that all of us on this thread thought that there'd be plenty of flashbacks, and that we were rewarded! The production crew really know who the audience is, don't they :rolleyes: 

In hindsight, it makes me smile all the more that LJH mentioned on that Cool FM radio interview that he could pop up *anywhere*. Ah those well-formed, shifty eyes :P 

Will be rewatching Ep 6 later this evening with my partner so we can speculate and point excitedly at the screen together :lol:

@keyta hope you are enjoying this all too!

@AC95 eps 6 really does feel like a LJH fan service episode :lol:. Loved it . Honestly, these flashbacks has kept me emotionally invested in Seo Hui’s journey to find Sang Hun. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the thread 

BTS of the scene above 

On 10/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, AC95 said:

This is a different take on usual time-slip dramas.

Woohoo! I love time-travel dramas. Hope it's gonna happen. Two of my favorites - LJH and Kim Seo Hyung having main leads roles - dreams coming true))

13 minutes ago, AC95 said:

@keyta hope you are enjoying this all too!

uh too much work these days - didn't see ep 5-6 yet. But already gleefully spoiled and happily anticipating )) Thank you @triplem and @AC95 bearers of good news))

@triplem Thanks for the latest videos! I really have an itch to watch Baseball Girl (also because I think Lee Joo-young looks perfect in the part). 

That Lies Within BTS was designed to make us go awwww. The way he stroked her hand while holding it is just too convincing ;) 

@keyta All the best with work and hope things ease off enough for you to indulge in good television!

~

Plugging this twitter account, which posts excerpts from old interviews and the occasional clip from dramas long past:

https://mobile.twitter.com/xiyongxiyong

As a very new fan I found the posts useful, though maybe veteran LJH-watchers might have come across these before :)

• Love 1

I could hug you @nrllee . 

@AC95 @keyta let’s pray hard now for this to go through. It’s a dream pairing cuz I really like the actress . 
I should like manage my expectations  but I’m too excited. glimmer of hope because Soompi has put this up which usually means it’s in the final stages 

Nam Ji Hyun And Lee Joon Hyuk In Talks To Star In New Time-Slip Drama

Nov 6, 2019
by D. Kim

Nam Ji Hyun and Lee Joon Hyuk may be uniting for a new drama!

On November 6, it was reported that Nam Ji Hyun will be making her drama comeback with a MBC drama called “365 : A Year of Defying Fate” (literal title, hereafter referred to as “365”).

In response to the reports, her agency Management SOOP commented, “She received the offer to star in the new MBC drama ‘365’ and is positively considering it.”

Previously, it was reported that Lee Joon Hyuk will be playing the male lead, to which MBC responded that his appearance has not been confirmed.

Based on the Japanese novel “Repeat,” “365” is a fantasy mystery thriller about 10 people who receive the opportunity to go back in time to one year ago. The drama will be directed by Kim Kyung Hee, who previously led “Lucky Romance.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1363977wpp/nam-ji-hyun-and-lee-joon-hyuk-in-talks-to-star-in-new-time-slip-drama

Still trying to tamper my expectations but according to this Twitter handle ( who’s usually quite up to date ) , MBC has confirmed the drama to go into full production  in 1st half of 2020 , and will be directed by PD of Lucky Romance though exact dates are TBA.  Also that LJH,  along with NJH , is expected to be part of the drama . 

But Han Cinema says otherwise 

Lee Joon-hyuk, Nam Ji-hyun and Yang Dong-geun Undecided on MBC's "365: A Year of Defying Fate"

photo1120453.jpg

Regarding the compilation of the new drama "365: A Year of Defying Fate", MBC is even mulling over the revival of Monday and Tuesday dramas.

In a phone interview with OSEN, MBC said, "Nothing is confirmed about the new drama "365: A Year of Defying Fate"."

The broadcasting industry has shown a lot of interest in the compilation of "365: A Year of Defying Fate". It is the first drama to be mentioned for the MBC Monday / Tuesday frame since "Welcome 2 Life". In addition, the cast mentioned for the drama are Lee Joon-hyukNam Ji-hyun and Yang Dong-geun.

However, MBC sources emphasized, "What we do know about "365: A Year of Defying Fate" is that it's aiming for release in March. Additional information is undecided. For early next year, MBC will release a daily soap opera, two miniseries and a short webdrama".

The source added, "One of the miniseries is a fixed Wednesday / Thursday drama. The other one is still in processing. We are not sure if we want to revive Monday / Tuesday or keep it at Friday / Saturday or make it a weekend drama. We are going through all of our options".

Usually, the confirmation of the drama comes first before the cast. MBC said, "The casting will have to wait".

"365: A Year of Defying Fate" is about 10 people who are given the chance to go back to the past, time-slipping a year back, only to face a destiny they never expected. It is based on the Japanese thriller "Repeat" and it is produced by Kim Kyeong-hee-II of "Ruler: Master of the Mask""Radiant Office" and "Lucky Romance". The drama aims for release in March of 2020.

Edited by Guest

On 11/7/2019 at 6:43 PM, triplem said:

The naver post really had a lot of lovely shots 

Thanks much for this, the stills really emphasize the beautiful colour coordination in the location, the wardrobe... (Is it wrong that I want that giant two-tone umbrella? It looks great for picnicking under when it gets hot...)

On 11/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, triplem said:

But Han Cinema says otherwise 

March is pretty soon in terms of production schedules, surely? It is rather worrying. Plus the whole 'revival of Mon/Tue drama' seems to be resting on this drama's shoulders which is undue pressure. Whatever happens next, hope they take their time and not rush it.

I was ticked by the OCN implying that LJH's character being still alive was a shocking revelation. I guess we've been speculating so much and assuming it to be the case ;)

• Like 1