Lee Jun Hyuk / Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 ❤️

gm4queen

Tomorrow will be the first broadcast of his previous drama 365 : Repeat The Year in Japan! The video which dear @triplem chingu has posted on July 18 is his interview for the Japanese broadcast! 

Then Lee Joon-hyuk posing for Kstyle magazine.. Looking really cool! :heart:

EeuWd0BUYAAQCBP.png

EeuWcuHVoAcNRog.png

EeuWdP4U8AIX5JC.png

Spoiler

EeuAq1LU0AAAWfc.jpg

EeuA4ILVAAApkIm.jpg

• Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

2a8b22f75be7447092e962980190e0b7.jpeg?s=

Lee Joon Hyuk Shares His Thoughts On His Character’s Changes In Season 2 Of “Forest Of Secrets”

Aug 6, 2020

by L. Kim

Lee Joon Hyuk is gearing up to make his return as prosecutor Seo Dong Jae!

The second season will bring the reunion of emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok (played by Cho Seung Woo) and warm-hearted police officer Han Yeo Jin (played by Bae Doona). The two will be on opposite sides of a tense situation involving the police and the prosecutor’s office.

Lee Joon Hyuk’s character Seo Dong Jae is a prosecutor who walks on the thin line between chasing success and having a conscience. In the first season, viewers were annoyed by his obnoxious character, but at the same time, they couldn’t really blame him for following his survival instincts.

Lee Joon Hyuk shared his own thoughts about his character, saying, “He tries so hard that he ends up making mistakes in the process, and that in turn makes him seem less perfect. From his point of view, his life could be a tragedy. But from afar, he’s more entertaining than annoying, and you can empathize with him. I think that’s what is charming about him. Two years have passed in the drama, and I think he has matured a bit.”

lee-joon-hyuk.jpg

Viewers are also curious about how Seo Dong Jae, who was constantly jealous of Hwang Si Mok, will continue his relationship with him this time. Lee Joon Hyuk said, “In the first season, Seo Dong Jae simply disliked Hwang Si Mok, but in this season, he will learn something from watching Hwang Si Mok and acknowledge the position he is in.”

However, that doesn’t mean Seo Dong Jae has done a 180-degree transformation. He will still be busy trying to survive on his own by collecting secret information and building personal connections with those who have power. The actor commented, “It was difficult to film with the other actors last season because I was wandering alone, and it’s going to be the same way this time. So when I am able to act with my co-stars, the atmosphere becomes more pleasant and interesting.”

Lee Joon Hyuk also added, “Seo Dong Jae became more talkative, so I ask for your understanding.”

Lastly, the actor shared, “I really enjoyed this drama, and many people did as well, so it felt like we were connected in a way. The fact that we’re going to have a second season is meaningful, and I feel very grateful. I hope many people will watch it.”

The new season of “Forest of Secret” is set to premiere on August 15 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417456wpp/lee-joon-hyuk-shares-his-thoughts-on-his-characters-changes-in-season-2-of-forest-of-secrets

• Like 1
  • Love 2

"With a heavy heart I hv decided to part ways  with Soompi . In recent times, the lack of communication by parent company with those in senior leadership , removal of our Administrators & many features without warning or consultation was really disappointing and disheartening. This is despite constant reaching out on the forum staff leadership’s part to them to open communication channels ." 

It's unfortunate to hear that, sad news indeed. Thanks for everything @triplem hope we'll see you in this thread

and thanks  @gm4queen for taking over LJH safe haven)

..anyway - from SF 2 press conference - LJH and Yoon Se ah - adorableness intensified :heart4:

• Love 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, keyta said:

I just hope LJH survive this one in one piece))

Seriously, LJH is becoming the new Sean Bean :fearful:

When I was watching the eps of Stranger 2 where he had a lot of interactions with Shi-mok, I began getting this weird premonition, and look where we are now :wut:

• Where's My Oppa? 2

On 9/11/2020 at 12:12 AM, keyta said:

Also LJH is trending now  -  everybody love this wiesel SDJ))

Thanks for the twitter links! If we must watch him practising getting bashed in countless ways, then at least the silver lining is greater appreciation for LJH and his acting talent *snicker*

In some alternate universe, maybe Hyung-ju could be finding Seo Dong-jae and rescuing him haha

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

See you in 2021, LJH! :wub:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1430479wpp/kim-ok-bin-and-lee-joon-hyuk-confirmed-to-star-in-new-ocn-thriller

Kim Ok Bin And Lee Joon Hyuk Confirmed To Star In New OCN Thriller

Kim Ok Bin And Lee Joon Hyuk Confirmed To Star In New OCN Thriller

Oct 8, 2020
by C. Hong

Kim Ok Bin and Lee Joon Hyuk will be starring in OCN’s new sci-fi thriller “Dark Hole” (working title).

“Dark Hole” is a monster action thriller about a group of survivors who have to fight for their lives against mutants that are created when humans breathe mysterious dark smoke from a sinkhole.

“Dark Hole” is part of OCN’s “dramatic cinema project,” which aims to bridge the gap between films and TV through various genre productions. Other dramas in this project include “Trap,” “Strangers from Hell,” “Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation,” and “Search.”

Kim Ok Bin has been cast as Lee Hwa Sun, a police detective in the Seoul regional investigation unit. Lee Hwa Sun’s life is turned upside down when she receives a phone call from her husband’s murderer, telling her to come to “Mujishi.” However, the people in Mujishi have been transformed into monsters after breathing in a mysterious dark smoke. Lee Hwa Sun must not only fight to survive but also battle her fear in order to capture her husband’s murderer.

Lee Joon Hyuk has been cast as Yoo Tae Han, a native of Mujishi and a wreck car driver. He has a carefree personality and likes to joke around, but he has a strong sense of justice. He quit being a police officer due to a scandal caused by a misunderstanding, but he is proud of his days in the force. When he meets Lee Hwa Sun in the chaos of Mujishi, he devotes his life to saving others from danger.

The two actors were previously reported to be in talks for their roles. Kim Ok Bin is known for her roles in the film “The Villainess” and the drama “Arthdal Chronicles,” while Kim Joon Hyuk recently reprised his role in the drama “Forest of Secrets.”

“Dark Hole” is written by Jung Yi Do, who wrote “Save Me” and “Strangers from Hell,” and directed by Kim Bong Joo, who directed the film “The Phone.”

It will air sometime in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to Lee Jun Hyuk / Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 ❤️
  • 2 months later...

Time sure flies, and it's been very quiet here.

Although this news is dated, happy to have heard of

1) LJH picking up an award for his acting:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440713wpp/winners-of-the-2020-asia-artist-awards

Although such awards are still largely based on popularity, it still reflects a recognition of his skills in the fanbase. I was kind of amused to see him inch past Lee Min-ho and Lee Joon-ki in this category.

Some pics from around the time of the awards, although only recently released:

2) LJH being appointed an honorary fireman 

So now he's an honorary fireman and an honorary policeman *chuckle*. Honorary prosecutor, anyone?

I hope everyone is keeping well and safe this winter. Have a good festive season wherever you are!

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 12/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, AC95 said:

So now he's an honorary fireman and an honorary policeman *chuckle*. Honorary prosecutor, anyone?

Hi @AC95! This totally made me chuckle. Yes, please! I really missed LJH/Dong Jae during the last half of SF2, but I am just relieved that he is alive and well. I am assuming that there will be a SF3. His character is so mysteriously unpredictable, so as usual, I am looking forward to see what's next for him. LJH is such a great actor!

2020 has been such a crazy year. I hope you have been well and staying safe. Happy holidays!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Awww, LJH won a MBC Excellence Award for an Actor in a Monday-Tuesday drama ("365: Repeat the Year"). I can't understand what he is saying in his acceptance speech, but his bashful chuckle and "otokke" is so cute. Super happy for his recognition and totally looking forward to his new OCN drama this year!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446098wpp/winners-of-2020-mbc-drama-awards

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Thanks a bundle @taeunfighting and Happy New Year all!

I thought I saw a translation on an Instagram story the other day, I think it was ljh97184's account (worth a follow)... 

But in gist:

• He said he's a homebody and it's been awhile since he was out, only staying at home aside from filming, he's nervous
  • He thanked the director Kim Gyeong-hee and other staff
  • He name-dropped fellow actors Yang Dong-geun, Sung-wook hyung, Ji Soo noona... and called Nam Ji-hyun 'sunbaenim' reliable on set; he really enjoyed working together and hoped to do so again
  • He also thanked his agency CEO, VPs etc etc, his manager, stylist and hairdresser
  • Finally he said he really appreciated this moment and the viewers who were listening to him speak
  • He wished everyone a happy new year

Counting down the days to Dark Hole, whenever it's being shown. March, was it?

Finally, a shout-out to all the lurkers :) Hi and hope you enjoy the ongoing appreciation of LJH.

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

Happy New Year to you too @AC95 and everyone else here! Thanks so much for sharing the translations! He seems so sincere and sweet. (I definitely second that he works with Nam Ji Hyun again!)

I am very excited for Dark Hole. I looked it up on MyDramaList. If it's accurate, it will be 12 episodes in total and start airing on April 3rd (Saturday and Sunday). Hopefully, it will be available on Netflix.

Last, I wanted to share a few more photos of him from the MBC awards (courtesy of Ace Factory). He looks so dashing!

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Woot!! Not sure how I feel about the plotline myself, but will check it out for LJH! His acting is always on point.

Kim Ok Bin And Lee Joon Hyuk Attend Script Reading For Upcoming OCN Drama

Mar 2, 2021
by C. Hong

OCN has unveiled a photo from the script reading of “Dark Hole” (literal title), its upcoming Saturday-Sunday original drama.

“Dark Hole” is a thriller about a group of survivors who have to fight for their lives against mutants that are created when humans breathe mysterious dark smoke from a sinkhole.

At the script reading were director Kim Bong Joo, writer Jung Yi Do, and actors Kim Ok Bin, Lee Joon Hyuk, Im Won Hee, Kim Byung Gi, Kim Han Jong, Oh Yoo Jin, Kim Do Hoon, Lee Ha Eun, Song Sang Eun, and Park Geun Rok.

The actors brought to life the tension in the storyline as OCN attempts a “mutant survival” drama for the first time. Kim Ok Bin showed her character’s charismatic strength in the role of Lee Hwa Sun, a police detective. Lee Joon Hyuk immersed himself in his character, a tow truck driver named Yoo Tae Han who seems carefree on the outside but has a strong sense of justice.

kim-ok-bin.jpglee-joon-hyuk.jpg

Oh Yoo Jin plays Han Dong Rim, a student at the local high school who fights desperately not to fall into the clutches of those who want to use her for their own ends. Kim Do Hoon plays Lee Jin Suk, the local bully who torments Han Dong Rim, and Kim Han Jong plays Yoo Tae Han’s close friend and fellow tow truck driver Nam Young Sik.

Lee Ha Eun plays Yoon Saet Byul, a nurse at the local hospital who will help the people who fall into chaos when the mutants appear. Im Won Hee plays Park Soon Il, a sergeant in the local patrol division. Park Geun Rok rounds out the cast as Choi Seung Tae, a teacher at the local high school who tries to save people even in the midst of a panic.

Screenwriter Jung Yi Do (who worked on “Save Me” and “Strangers From Hell”) said, “It’s to be expected, but the script feels so different when actors begin to perform. These words that existed only on paper have had life breathed into them.”

“Dark Hole” is set to premiere sometime in the first half of 2021.

Check out Lee Joon Hyuk in “365: Repeat the Year” below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457239wpp/kim-ok-bin-and-lee-joon-hyuk-attend-script-reading-for-upcoming-ocn-drama

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

• gm4queen changed the title to Lee Jun Hyuk / Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 ❤️ Drama 2021 : Dark Hole 다크홀
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone! New fan of Lee Joon Hyuk here! Did you watch last Sunday's episode of Mom's Diary? It was great, each segment was entertaining. Loved seeing Sangmin back in his element of music producing. The man came to life. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the trailer for next Sunday shows the guest will be Lee Joon Hyuk! Yay!!! I'm so excited!!! He seems to be super busy lately, one project after the other. Too bad I won't be able to understand a word of the audio movie "Reverse" he is in, though. Looking forward to him as supporting character in Vigilante later this year, and Don Lee's movie as a heavy-set bad guy opening next week, and most of all, as lead in Stranger spin-off date TBA. Where has everyone been? 

Edited by MrsWhokey

• gm4queen changed the title to Lee Jun Hyuk / Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 ❤️