Lee Jun Hyuk / Lee Joon Hyuk 이준혁 ❤️

gm4queen

From Soompi

Lee Joon Hyuk Explains Why He Decided To Appear In New Korean Remake Of “Designated Survivor”

Jun 17, 2019
by S. Park

Lee Joon Hyuk has shared his thoughts on what viewers can look forward to in his upcoming drama “60 Days, Designated Survivor” (literal title)!

The new tvN drama is a remake of the popular U.S. series “Designated Survivor,” which tells the story of an inexperienced politician unexpectedly leading the country after an explosion kills the president and others in the line of succession.

In the upcoming drama, Lee Joon Hyuk will play the role of Oh Young Seok, a former naval officer and independent member of the National Assembly. Oh Young Seok is a rising political star who receives love and attention from the public due to his confident way of speaking, self-assured facial expressions, handsome face, and innate leadership skills.

Lee Joon Hyuk explained that he decided to appear in the drama because he had been drawn to the character’s complexity. “Oh Young Seok is someone who stands somewhere in the middle of what most people believe to be the definitions of good and evil,” said the actor. “I found it appealing that the character’s influences and his future direction were unknown.”

Lee-Joon-Hyuk1.jpg

Actor Ji Jin Hee will star in the drama as Park Moo Jin, the head of the Ministry of Environment who is the “designated survivor.” With no desire for power and zero political skills, the former KAIST professor unexpectedly becomes the acting president.

Comparing himself to the lead, Lee Joon Hyuk said, “Oh Young Suk and Park Moo Jin are very different. He focuses more on the changes in the overall energy and flow of the world, rather than his personal objectives and emotions.”

He went on, “While watching the drama, I think it’d be best to focus on the conflicts between the charming characters and the changes they experience as they encounter various situations. Please continue to show interest in [’60 Days, Designated Survivor’], which will be a high-quality production, until its first episode.”

“60 Days, Designated Survivor” will premiere on July 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Abyss.”

Agency update

He lost 9kgs!! .

https://www.soompi.com/article/1333708wpp/lee-joon-hyuk-describes-preparing-for-his-character-in-korean-remake-of-designated-survivor

Lee Joon Hyuk Describes Preparing For His Character In Korean Remake Of “Designated Survivor”

Jun 22, 2019
by S. Park

Lee Joon Hyuk is looking dapper in the newest stills for “60 Days, Designated Survivor” (literal title).

A remake of the popular U.S. series “Designated Survivor,” this upcoming tvN drama will tell the story of the head of the Ministry of Environment Park Moo Jin (played by Ji Jin Hee) who unexpectedly leads the country for 60 days after a terror attack kills the president and others in the line of succession during the State of the Union Address.

Lee Joon Hyuk will portray Oh Young Seok, a former naval officer and independent member of the National Assembly. He’s a rising political star who receives love and attention from the public for his confident way of speaking, self-assured facial expressions, handsome face, and innate leadership skills.

During his interview at the poster shooting, Lee Joon Hyuk revealed, “While preparing for this project, I lost 9 kilograms (approximately 20 pounds) for the role of Oh Young Seok. I could immerse more into the project.”

In the stills, Lee Joon Hyuk allows viewers to instantly see all of Oh Young Seok’s charms. The actor successfully captured his character’s cold facial expression as well as his sharp, intelligent looks for the poster.

Lee-Joon-Hyuk_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

@Lawyerh ya ya . This oppa always wanna play bad guys . So hard to root for those characters. Also  he doesn’t really like romance. Think he is always looking for roles that will challenge him as an actor 

last BTS for him on DS 60

I’m gonna miss him 

Hi everyone, I don't generally follow the Korean entertainment scene :) But as a recent subscriber of Netflix I watched three drama series (Stranger, Are You Human Too, DS60) and was totally gobsmacked to realise the same actor - Lee Joon Hyuk - was in all of them. Then I did some searching and saw more of his output. The guy's a chameleon (in a good way); serious props for pulling off both understated acting and OTT body humour B) 

And this thread is really great for showcasing his diverse work over the years. Thanks to the veteran posters here! Kinda funny to see that he started his career in beefcake roles, he's certainly getting better with age. 

Will keep on lurking and watching Mr Lee J H's career with interest. 

• Love 1

From his fan cafe 

His final scene in DS60

yay ! Thanks for fangirling with me @Lawyerh

@AC95 Glad you posted here & welcome to Soompi . LJH’s works in the last 3 years especially , show us what a nuanced actor he is , & he’s very versatile. Check out A Poem A Day and Naked Fireman . He’s different in every drama . I hope to see him in more lead roles & good projects. 

———

Last BTS from DS60

Edited by Guest

@triplem Thank you kindly for the welcome and the recs! 

(Garsh, that pic your post *literally* takes the cake.) 

On LJH's versatility, I'm glad he's gone down this route because it means he will likely have career longevity in this dog-eat-dog, here-today-thrown-away-tomorrow entertainment business. But of course it comes with risks to your popularity too, hence I was so impressed with his turn as Seo Dong-jae in Stranger. Whoa, that role truly dredged the muck, it wasn't a glamorous bad-guy like Minister Oh in DS60. You'd really have to suppress your ego to look that bad onscreen and let your co-star shine; my stomach turned each time he manhandled the female characters :crazy:. While there were some BTS clips showing the friendly atmosphere on set, I'm sure it was still traumatic for Shin Hye-sun playing Young Eun-soo in that alleyway scene. 

But yes, concur with all that more benign roles would be great for us viewers and a few well-deserved acting awards wouldn't hurt also ;)

By the way... There seem to be some old YouTube videos of him singing (live?!). Another surprise since he sounds great. Not knowing Korean, I can't tell if it's just a scene from a show and he's lip-syncing? Singing live is bl**dy hard... 

• Like 1