[variety] Good Daddy (sbs)

Guest vietsoul

Guest damifino

It may have been only episode 3, but it's one of my faves' since the pilot episode. Though I skipped through a lot of it - lack of subs makes it hard to keep paying attention.

Loved how it started; Hongki with the apron and messy hair, Heechul randomly trying on Hyo Jung's hairbands in the background (when he tried brushing her hair, Oh my god, was that funny :lol: ) They seemed to annoy Hongki quite a bit though. It was cute how he stormed off. I don't know what was going on at the book shop; I'm guessing whatever they had to do, they made it into a game of whoever could find the books first.

Had no idea what was going on from that point though, but I notice the return of the class president & vice president. :lol: I skipped the Cafe part with Gun Mo, Heechul, the two boys and the two girls - whoever they are? but went back to watch it due to some comments on YT. Heechul... he can make a simple thing like sneezing funny. I think I've replayed that scene 30 times already.

I guess we won't be able to see why Hyo Jung was crying until next week. Too bad, I was looking forward to it. Ah, Heechul, what did you say to her~

Since Gomdorii still seems to be ill (hope she feels better), I'll give a brief summary of ep.3 to tide folks over.

The show began with the 5 daddies trying to get their daughter ready for school. Each daddy had a task:

Hongki - preparing breakfast (thus the apron :))

Gunmo - waking Hyo Jung up and getting her school stuff ready

Saeyoon - dressing her

Heechul - doing her hair

Hatsan - driving her to school

Hongki was upset that Hatsan had the easy job of just driving her to school and yells at them while they are getting Hyo Jung ready when they had to rush about all morning. The others said that actually Hatsan had the hardest job since he has to suffer through traffic, has to hear Hyo Jung nag all the way to school, and be sleepy all the way home. Hongki wants to have driving duty instead. The others remind him that he doesn't even have a driver's license to which he said that he already passed the written test and is going to take the driving test the next day. Gunmo tricks him into telling him the time of the test. Hongki didn't want any of them to come because that would mean that they will bring the camera crew with them and he'll fail for sure. Then the others keep teasing Hongki about failing the exam. First, Heechul pretend jumps on Hongki's back and then says "you dropped me/FAILED to catch me." Then Saeyoon tries to juggle and drops the ball which is why Hongki threw the ball at him. Then they are asking about what soup they are going to have for breakfast and Heechul says "seeweed soup" (it's an old wives' tale in Korea that if you eat seeweed soup on the day of an exam, that you will fail) which is why Hongki looked so surprised. Then putting the balls back on display, Gunmo dropped the ball again which is why Hongki yells and storms off :lol:

Then Hongki's driving test.

Hongki gets his driver's license and drives Hyo Jung to school, but she tells him that she's worried about a competition that is happening in her class because she didn't do well last year... Reading Golden Bell (sort of like Star Golden Bell except questions from the 5 books that they are supposed to read). Hongki calls the other fathers to meet him at the bookstore so they can buy the 5 books that she has to read and be knowledgeable about. They make a contest of getting the 5 books. The last one to find the book has to pay for the 5 books.

While Saeyoon and Hongki go to a PTA meeting of sorts to find out how to help Hyo Jung study for her competition and get advice from the teacher and other parents, Heechul and Gunmo go to the school to find out who Hyo Jung's top competition are from the class president and VP and try to bribe them to not study so hard without actually making it seem like they are doing that :lol: They tell the girls that studying isn't the only thing in the world and that you can't only focus on one thing in life. They accept the gifts, but say that they are going to study :)

Next week is the dad's helping Hyo Jung study and the actual competition.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

OMG yay!!!!!!!~~~~ i was seriously curious as of why hongki was so upset that morning with hatsan and ended up somehow storming out of the room~ LOL~ the parents were so keen to help them~ mind telling me what do they say about them as parents? those two boys i mean~

but thanx anyway for the summary~ for you,hehe :

normal_475ceb959c7f4a40d1135ed3.jpg

lol the explanation of why Hongki was being cranky at the guys being goofy makes soooo much sense now. haha i was like.. whoa he's kinda cranky in the mornings? but now that i know, it makes it so funny, and a little mean, but still funny how much the guys teased him. lol.

heechul was hilarious in this episode. wished he had more airtime! the beginning in his wifebeater and embarrassingly combing his own hair.. the sneezing and hitting the wall.. lol.. and he was so friendly with the kids, lol always messing with their hair or patting them on the shoulder. ;) and then thinking twice that he found the right books. lol

thanks for the quick recap damifino!

Guest summerdream

Hongki was upset that Hatsan had the easy job of just driving her to school and yells at them while they are getting Hyo Jung ready when they had to rush about all morning. The others said that actually Hatsan had the hardest job since he has to suffer through traffic, has to hear Hyo Jung nag all the way to school, and be sleepy all the way home. Hongki wants to have driving duty instead. The others remind him that he doesn't even have a driver's license to which he said that he already passed the written test and is going to take the driving test the next day. Gunmo tricks him into telling him the time of the test. Hongki didn't want any of them to come because that would mean that they will bring the camera crew with them and he'll fail for sure. Then the others keep teasing Hongki about failing the exam. First, Heechul pretend jumps on Hongki's back and then says "you dropped me/FAILED to catch me." Then Saeyoon tries to juggle and drops the ball which is why Hongki threw the ball at him. Then they are asking about what soup they are going to have for breakfast and Heechul says "seeweed soup" (it's an old wives' tale in Korea that if you eat seeweed soup on the day of an exam, that you will fail) which is why Hongki looked so surprised. Then putting the balls back on display, Gunmo dropped the ball again which is why Hongki yells and storms off :lol:

LOL!! Thanks for this, damifino!

They are so bad teasing him but still hongki passed the test and got his license o^^o

No wonder they were like searching for something at the bookstore and like in a rush manner,

lol! the book that they find is little prince. hah!

I can't wait to see this week esp =)

Thanks for posting up a summary, damifino.

Picking on the youngest. xD I think... Hongki came out a lot more in episode 3, I wouldn't have said he was 'shy' the past episodes but he seemed to interact more with the others this episode.

Hongki gets his driver's license and drives Hyo Jung to school, but she tells him that she's worried about a competition that is happening in her class because she didn't do well last year... Reading Golden Bell (sort of like Star Golden Bell except questions from the 5 books that they are supposed to read). Hongki calls the other fathers to meet him at the bookstore so they can buy the 5 books that she has to read and be knowledgeable about. They make a contest of getting the 5 books. The last one to find the book has to pay for the 5 books.

Had it not been for Heechul, Hongki wouldn't have come last, it would have been pretty funny to see Heechul lose and pay for everything.

While Saeyoon and Hongki go to a PTA meeting of sorts to find out how to help Hyo Jung study for her competition and get advice from the teacher and other parents, Heechul and Gunmo go to the school to find out who Hyo Jung's top competition are from the class president and VP and try to bribe them to not study so hard without actually making it seem like they are doing that :lol: They tell the girls that studying isn't the only thing in the world and that you can't only focus on one thing in life. They accept the gifts, but say that they are going to study :)

Hold on, the whole conversation in the cafe was just for that?! :lol: They really go to extreme measures. "Good daddies" would encourage their child instead of bribing the other kids to slack. Ah this show is just too funny.

Thanks again for the summary.

Guest damifino

^ Ah, so adorable... both of them :)

Picking on the youngest. xD I think... Hongki came out a lot more in episode 3, I wouldn't have said he was 'shy' the past episodes but he seemed to interact more with the others this episode.

Had it not been for Heechul, Hongki wouldn't have come last, it would have been pretty funny to see Heechul lose and pay for everything.

Well, I suspect that SBS is trying to promote Hongki more since his new drama which JUST HAPPENS to air on their station is going to start in December... synergy and all, you know :)

As for the contest, was it my imagination or the version of "Little Prince" that Hongki grabbed at the end as being the correct version is the same one that he told Heechul was the wrong version when he grabbed it first???

is ep4 up in youtube already?

i've seen pics of it but i cant find any downloadable links...:(

silverwingz,thanks for the pic...oh mason is so cute!

Guest damifino

081129 SBS JoAhSeo (aka Good Daddy) Episode 4

Filename:

081129 JS ep4.avi

Summary:

The dads try to help Hyo Jung prepare for Reading Golden Bell. Each dad was in charge of a particular book.

Gunmo was in charge of "My Sweet-Orange Tree" by J.M. de Vasconcelos.

Heechul was in charge of "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Saeyoon and Hatsan was in charge of "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo and "우리들의 일그러진 영웅 (Our Twisted Hero)" by Lee Moon Yeol.

There wer 5 books that they had to read, but they only covered 4 on the show.

The reason Hyojung cried... she didn't like being compared to Gayoung (her classmate and rival who sat next to Heechul in the restaurant last week). Heechul came in when Gunmo was teaching Hyojung and was trying to get Hyojung's feelings of competition going by saying that Gayoung is good at reading. Hyojung asked him if he had any proof that she was better reader :) Heechul countered by saying Gayoung was more adorable than Hyojung to which Hyojung told him to raise her instead then :lol: Heechul teasingly played along saying, "Could I really do that? Then should I raise her?" to which Hyojung seemed a bit miffed. Heechul was trying to make up to her by saying that Hyojung is more of a good child than Gayoung, but Hyojung would have none of it and said that Heechul should live with Gayoung. Then went out.

When it was his turn to teach Hyojung about "The Little Prince," he began with the comparisons again... saying that Gayoung was cute and respectful too. Hyojung's response to that was that she was going to get the most wrong about "The Little Prince"... that even if she knew, she'd purposefully get it wrong :lol: She then compared Heechul's teaching to Gunmo's so Heechul said that if we are going to compare, Gayoung is more respectful to him and that Gayoung really liked him. To this she told Heechul to live with Gayoung again. Then as he was teasing her, he said "you are about to cry" as a joke, but then she really started to cry :sweatingbullets: She said that it was because he kept teasing her and comparing her to Gayoung (you know how kids all hate it when their parents compare them to their friends' children). She tells Heechul that she doesn't like him to which Heechul tries to cheer her up with a comedy skit which she is initially too upset to smile at then she starts to feel better (the crew is chuckling in the back though). She then says that her favorite father is Gunmo. When Heechul asked if she likes Hongki or Gunmo better, she says Gunmo.

They then have a sample Reading Golden Bell in their livingroom. Hyojung writes her answer on the board and when she is done with the other fathers could answer. If they get it wrong, they get hit with a pillow by the other dads. Saeyoon and Hatsan acted out "Les Miserables" and "Our Twisted Hero."

The dads secretly went to the school to see how she does on her exam.

Guest unnichan

Hi everyone! First time posting...

Thank you for the summary. I need those! Also, I don't think that its at all surprising that she likes Gun Mo the best. You can kind of tell in some of the eps. But to be honest, I think its because he is the oldest and he seems to be the most blunt. Children are going to gravitate to whom seems to hold the power and since everyone is younger than him, they respect him the most. Plus, the society works very different there so seniority takes precedent.

Furthermore, in their own way, everyone seems to look to him for guidance eventhough truthfully he would (jokingly) be the one to lead you astray:)

I love this show! Can't wait till next week...that's sad isn't it?

Guest bibotatu
Guest mypopcorngurl

^^ Although it's been said many times many ways(LOL), thank you very very for uploading and the summary!! :D

Some Heechul caps and gifs from sj-market

f0047243_49324e95f3ccc-2.jpg

i want that pink banc hoodie

f0047243_49324e91bf7fd.gif

f0047243_49324e9a3c0e5.jpg

f0047243_49324e9447557.gif

I would love to be in Hyojung's shoes, not just because she gets to spend time with Hongki and Heechul(him calling her "my daughter" is LOVE), but because she has 5 appas who takes care and worries about her very much. :D

LMAO at Hongki, SM Town and LSM.. Trying to lessen the punishment because he's sick but the other appas doesn't care much. And Gunmo imitating him with the tissue on his nose and fake coughing was funny!

This week's episode was shot outdoors, were they doing physical fitness?!?! I know Heechul hates doing those so it will be hilarious! Wahahaha.. More screaming and hurting!

Ep. 4 was really funny. At least Heechul tried his best to teach HyoJung the simplest fastest and funniest way he can. But I guess HyoJung still has to get used to Heechul's personality and Heenim should not tease her so much. :) I wonder how Heechul would be if he has a younger sister...

The 5 fathers are always in chaos and you can see how they learn each step/way to being a 'good' father. I envy HyoJung coz she gets to be pampered by those wonderful appas.

I almost fell of my chair watching the part where Heechul was giving hints to the question of which the answer is Boabaem.. Shinee, SNSD, Suju, HOT, DBSK. And Hongki's literal wild guess but with some confidence... SM Town --- LSM --- LSM seonsaengnim.. :lol:

Guest summerdream

I need to request for something

As I lost all my photos and now can someone please help me.

I need all good daddy offical photos.

Please~

Guest summerdream

^

LOL!! I thought that is the download for the show.

hahahah!! stupid me :sweatingbullets:

REQUEST

I need back those offical photo

which is taken in the studio

the one which hongki is hugging the BIG bear.

I need those. please....

I try saving it at the website buy can't -.-

Archived