Australian Fashion?

Guest Bellawings90210

I want a H&M -________-

And Urban Outfitters

And Zara

And Top Shop

*cries*

Man, even F21 is better than some of the stuff here.

While they may be US's and UK's equivalent to the Supre and Cotton On here, i find their large ranges to be much more appealing to my tastes. they don't seem to bombard you with one specific type of style/trend i.e. Sportgirl and their obsession with boho (expensive hobo more like it)

I find that there's two main types of fashion retailers:

clothes for those who work - corporate-ish - Marcs, Country Road, Witchery, Cue, even French Connection (depending on the season)

clothes for high school and perhaps uni people (even though price is otherwise) - Jay Jays, supre, valley girl, temt, sportsgirl, cotton on, just west/just jeans, even General Pants to a certain extent - which churn out the same thing in different colours and maybe slightly different cuts.

there's not a large variety for the experimental. Unless you make the trek to Oxford St or Crown st (SYD)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^lol fluro was like last year

i reckon bohemian stuffs rly in

OMG I WANT A ZARA TOO LOL

Not really. I wasn't in Australia last year, and I felt there was still a LOT of fluro around this year, too. It's disgusting.

Guest KAITOU KID.

Fluro was fxin massive towards end of last year especially imo.

Was floating around this year, but def. not as much as last.

ergh i h8 fluoro...it was such a strain on my eyes

i dnt see the joy in walking around like a construction worker with their safety vests

back to asian fashion in melb...

they dress well most of the time...but when they overdo it (way too much makeup and too much layering on a 30 degree day) then i get a little annoyed

i find looking at people who are overdressed on a really hot day makes yourself feel so much warmer o arghh i srsly h8 it

Guest Ce'nedra

From my experience, most if not all ABCs (and Anglo/other Aussies too) make fun of the way international/fobs dress at uni.

I don't see how they dress better; I agree with a previous poster how they look like they dress in the dark. There's just too much going on at the same time and the overall look is very cheap :/

Guest KAITOU KID.

Actually I agree with dd12 xP

Asians usually dress well. Even at like casual days at my school, best dressed are usually the asians. Idk where they get some of their awesome jackets and stuff XD

And yes, mucho layering. Mucho.

^

fluro was last year

but it was mainly crap from Supre

uhh i know a bag that has never went out of style

Country road bags ><

or any of those big duffle bags

(Im from Melbourne btw)

Guest witchery

From my experience, most if not all ABCs (and Anglo/other Aussies too) make fun of the way international/fobs dress at uni.

I don't see how they dress better; I agree with a previous poster how they look like they dress in the dark. There's just too much going on at the same time and the overall look is very cheap :/

I agree here...a lot of people I know do NOT like the way the Asian fobs dress at uni.

Sure, some pieces here and there may be cute, but it's the way it's all put together that makes the outfit look ridiculous at times.

And also, a lot of the pieces tend to be really cheap quality, and it's really noticeable.

As for current trends happening in Australia...I've been seeing waaaay too much floral! Lol

The neon trend has been waning a bit though...thank goodness.

I don't particularly like Supre either for its mass production of trends...but I do think it has some good basic items.

Actually I agree with dd12 xP

Asians usually dress well. Even at like casual days at my school, best dressed are usually the asians. Idk where they get some of their awesome jackets and stuff XD

And yes, mucho layering. Mucho.

yup at my uni, usually the ones who dress well are asians...

who do not make their outfits to be sl*tty and bits and pieces visible or through tight clothing....

but i guess it depend son the course as well...

my other course, 1/2 the girls are all well dressed whilst other 1/2 are forever in the same clothes... or are just WRONG....

Archived