Australian Fashion?

Guest Bellawings90210

Guest McCartney

It's getting hot in Australia so I expect to see more topless men in board shorts (with the flag on it) and a cape (a flag).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stolenmoment

LACE!LACE!LACE!

The whole Romantic style which is flowly blouses

+

Everyone seems to be loving Gladiator sandals/heels

dude floral was the in thing in asia a few months ago, lol i guess asia are always ahead in fashion trends.

yeh the seasons are different. so that some how works out.

^^^They just restocked them last week so be quick!

Mind you, the SAs in the Forever News are quite rude (have heard this from stores across the country and have experienced it myself!)

I wanted to see the size on the mannequin so I asked the SA and she says to me (not before she's done looking at me up and down), "Oh, we can't take the clothes off the mannequins because the clothes are made for them" *walks off*

So rude! Thankfully the other SA went to the back to get me another size.

Another person interstate experienced this too - but the SA offered to call her when they take the clothes off the mannequin.

I've also heard they don't check sizes with other stores and will refuse to put clothes on hold for you.

Sorry I've turned this post into a forevernew rant and I know not all of the girls are rude, but this is just what I've learned.

Anyway, yes, I love their clothes :D

haha i know this is random, but do u also post on the vogue forum (CFH thread :D ?)

Guest Flicksityy

At the moment it's spring in australia and it's pretty hot =="

Winter was awhile ago, and I'm pretty sure they were into crochet beanies, florals, long jumper like cotton wear that is poofy at its edges, stockings, lacy shirts and I don't remember anything else. 8)

dude floral was the in thing in asia a few months ago, lol i guess asia are always ahead in fashion trends.

Hmm. actually florals were quite trendy throughout much of the northern hemisphere a couple of months back.

IMO, i think there's a general misconception in regards to asia being 'always' ahead of western countries in fashion/trends.

Actually, thinking about it now, florals are 'in' basically every spring/summer

one good way to browse through last spring/summer rtw - not the most recent one (the one before that - 08)

but yeah, from what i'm seeing:

chiffon blouses

gladiator sandals

high waisted shorts

seems like a rehash of last spring/summer

walk into sportsgirl and all the major trends will be staring at you in the face.lol

Guest twig*star

Asians are not ahead in fashion and frankly have never been ahead in fashion. They copy the europeans ...... And season definitely plays a big part in when Aussies get our stuff. Also local designers don't always follow general stores so it's pretty much a big ol' mess ....

Jumpsuits i think are coming back for summer.

Of course people are probably going to whip out the shorts.

Florals - is it because of all those ads they keep stuffing down our throats? :)

Seriously just look at Hollywood and see what they're wearing .... you'll probably get a better idea of what to buy.

^

^ copy europeans? :x

in my personal opinion, asian and european fashion is really different.

but i agree with you about the jumpsuits.

oh and australia is always 'late' or 'behind' because we get seasons later than the rest of the world.

fashions start and by the time they reach australia, most of the world has moved onto a different season xD

Guest caramello_

Australian fashion isn't really that great here...

I see so many girls wearing almost the exact same thing. It's getting too repetitive here.

Too many of us girls follow the trend to closely and yeahh

that's how you start to get clones lurking around.

If you like aussie fashion check it out but don't follow it too closely.

I like to mix it with my own style and stuff I see from other countries.

Asians are not ahead in fashion and frankly have never been ahead in fashion. They copy the europeans ......

Marc Jacobs isn't european. nor is a lot of the designers who do shows at NY fashion week.

I agree with caramello_ - there's a lot of trend overkill in Australia. Once its at Supre, you know its time to take it out of rotation.

A main gripe i have with Australian fashion designers is the fact that despite all the hype, they don't try to create new trends/silhouettes...nothing majorly groundbreaking at really expensive prices. I don't think Australia has a particular look - mainly shorts, t-shirt/tanks and thongs (ugh - man, i don't like those)

On the topic of Forever New, i'm sorta liking their lace shift - not too sure abt the sleeves though.

Marc Jacobs isn't european. nor is a lot of the designers who do shows at NY fashion week.

I agree with caramello_ - there's a lot of trend overkill in Australia. Once its at Supre, you know its time to take it out of rotation.

A main gripe i have with Australian fashion designers is the fact that despite all the hype, they don't try to create new trends/silhouettes...nothing majorly groundbreaking at really expensive prices. I don't think Australia has a particular look - mainly shorts, t-shirt/tanks and thongs (ugh - man, i don't like those)

On the topic of Forever New, i'm sorta liking their lace shift - not too sure abt the sleeves though.

ahaha agreed

supre is death.

:ph34r:

but i'm not sure if it applied to everyone,

but whenever you try to step out of the trend

you just get dissed for being different, thus the clones maybe?

Guest kuroimisa

... Australia has fashion??

I kid I kid!!!!

Gladiators are slowly creeping in.

There's no real "Australian" fashion if you ask me. It will be just mostly casual beach wear (like tanks, shorts, flip flops most likely to be replaced with gladiators).

Retro / fluoro is definitely still in. You look at Myer's new catalogues and they're all fluoro or bold coloured one pieces. Coloured heels as well.

These styles of course haven't really kicked in that much. In fact the Marie Claire and other magazines haven't really given much hint to this season. Most of the items advertised so far have been directed at spring carnival race days and what to wear if you ask me.

But yah, bright colours and crazy patterns - they were here last year, I think they'll be crazier this year o_o

How has neon not been mentioned yet? Unfortunately bright, neon colours somehow made their way into popular fashion once more. Some things that died in the 80s should really stay there, it's awful.

Guest Xiaoba1tu

It's getting hot in Australia so I expect to see more topless men in board shorts (with the flag on it) and a cape (a flag).

Hmm. Maybe on Australia Day but other than that I don't think so.

Well, I don't want to see topless men in board shorts anyway.

supre :crazy:

I avoid that store.

Yep, I walked into there once and walked out within 2 minutes.

The clothes are all ridiculously plain and not worth buying.

For eg. I wouldn't buy a $20 singlet, or a pair of skinny stretchy pants for $25.

http://www.supre.com.au/(ehlyeabh3op4ix55s...hion/chic1.aspx

You can buy $5-$7 better looking singlets and better looking pants for $10-15.

The think the fashion for men (for summer), is just boardshorts and a tee/singlet/polo.

For females, isn't it short shorts + a top? has anyone noticed more young teenagers wearing shorter and shorter shorts?

Archived